8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2084 Ratings

1. Jan 9, 2011
    The campaign is really a once-through in my opinion, but the multiplayer component to Reach is as good, or better, as the series ever was. The ranking and challenges features make online play much more addicting, and the whole experience feels improved over previous versions.
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely the best multiplayer game on the Xbox 360. Just a few things stop it from getting a perfect score from me, such as the constant stoppage of multiplayer games due to someone lagging out or the host quitting. I cannot play firefight matchmaking at all because I am always the host and I lag. These things could easily be fixed if Bungie supplied dedicated servers, but they aren't soDefinitely the best multiplayer game on the Xbox 360. Just a few things stop it from getting a perfect score from me, such as the constant stoppage of multiplayer games due to someone lagging out or the host quitting. I cannot play firefight matchmaking at all because I am always the host and I lag. These things could easily be fixed if Bungie supplied dedicated servers, but they aren't so I just have to get over it. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2011
    I'd say I definitely don't qualify as a Halo fanboy. Missing the beginning of the series and not playing online has admittedly handicapped me on this one. But despite having a few issues, I really got into Halo: Reach. I love the Noble Six customization even if Iâ
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    Best Halo game ever ... Incredible. Very nice sky, variety of weapons , equipments and the very best Enemy AI i"ve ever seen in a shooter ... Great campaign and addictive multiplayer with a incredible gameplay and precise control response . Halo is definitely the most addictive game of all exclusive shooters . Reach is the real full-pack and a must buy of the gen
  5. Jun 18, 2013
    The annoying additional level after the last level which was the Lone Wolf ending drove me nuts and lfet me confused at the fact that Noble Six's fate had to happen in one game was quite sad and yet obviously had an agitated look of seeing your own character, Noble Six to struggle with a large endless number of randomly occurring Elites and Zealots trying to kill you.
    Despite this, I
    Despite this, I enjoyed mainly the game play structure and weaponry design as Halo: Reach proved to me that it was the best Halo game I've ever played by now, even better than the intense, action-packed 2012 game Halo 4. In the Firefight and Forge especially, I felt with my friend who happens to be a PS3 player, ironically enjoying the variety of enemy waves, weapons on different locations and the aesthetic graphical details of the rich, iconic Sci-Fi franchise! Forget the Campaign idea, the Forge and Firefighter are highly recommended to play, which also save's this game's backside from getting 8 or lower, if it wasn't for the brilliant concept of Forge mode and Firefight mode.
  6. Feb 25, 2011
    I have been playing Halo from the launch of the original X-Box. Although it may not be the best in the series, it is a fresh approach to an excellent formula. The armor abilities (armor lock aside) are a nice addition to the gameplay. Being a big fan of the battle rifle, I believe the new DMR slows the pace of the game down a little. But if used correctly, it is a devastating piece ofI have been playing Halo from the launch of the original X-Box. Although it may not be the best in the series, it is a fresh approach to an excellent formula. The armor abilities (armor lock aside) are a nice addition to the gameplay. Being a big fan of the battle rifle, I believe the new DMR slows the pace of the game down a little. But if used correctly, it is a devastating piece of hardware. All in all Bungie took a gamble to keep up with an ever changing market. In conclusion, I would have to say to those who liked previous Halo games, this would be a wonderful addition to your collection. Expand
  7. Aug 5, 2011
    Halo: Reach has proved that it is one of the Xbox 360's most prized exclusives. As Bungie's final entry in the Halo franchise, it is quite clear they were in for one last hurrah. It showcased a brand new engine, built from the ground up, which makes Halo 3 look like a game from the last generation, even though both games are exclusive to the same system. In terms of visuals, Reach is aHalo: Reach has proved that it is one of the Xbox 360's most prized exclusives. As Bungie's final entry in the Halo franchise, it is quite clear they were in for one last hurrah. It showcased a brand new engine, built from the ground up, which makes Halo 3 look like a game from the last generation, even though both games are exclusive to the same system. In terms of visuals, Reach is a beautiful game. Textures have been vastly improved, along with exceptional lighting and shading. The amount of detail is impeccable, each location is unique in it's design and colour palette. However, one of the must important features of the engine, is the inclusion of motion blur, which allows for a much more cinematic experience. This also masks the fact that Reach only runs at thirty frames per second. The game does show case a high level of graphical fidelity, and this does cause the frame rate to drop when things get busy on screen, however, this is a minor annoyance considering it runs smoothly most of the time. In terms of gameplay, it's what you expect from the Halo franchise. Level design makes the most of it's sandbox style of approach. Yes, there are a few linear sequences throughout the campaign. The campaign is not overly scripted like other shooters,(Call Of Duty, I'm looking at you) but it combines the two for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The weapons remain the same, but have been refined and modified to provide a more thrilling shooting experience. Old favourites have returned, such as my best friend, the UNSC assault rife. The DMR also returns, but instead of a three shot burst, it's been dialed down to firing one shot at a time. You will encounter subtle changes across the board, but the weapons will retain essentially the same function from previous Halo games. If I have to gripe, I found myself retaining UNSC weapons throughout the campaign, the covenant weapons, in my opinion, don't offer the same level of satisfaction with the exception of explosive weapons such as the Brute shot and Plasma Launcher. Then we come to assassination kills, which allows the player to perform a brutal melee attack upon an unsuspecting enemy. This contributes to the overall cinematic experience.Suit abilities have been more streamlined and apparent, with the inclusion of abilities, such as sprint, armour lock, drop shield, active camo, evade and hologram. This allows the player to tailor a unique experience that suits any gameplay style.

The AI has also been given a major overhaul, Grunts make their return, serving the purpose of being the games cannon fodder once again. Grunts will often resort to run-and-gun tactics, and not utilize the dynamic AI showcased in other enemies such as Zealots and Brutes,(Yes, Brutes actually use their brains in this title). These enemies will work together, and sometimes flank you rather than take a head on approach. The drastically improved AI will bring a new level of challenge to the players, and players will benefit greatly from incorporating a tactical approach rather than going in with all guns blazing.

Personally, I found the Reach campaign the most enjoyable in the Halo franchise on the current generation of the Xbox 360. It is a thrilling experience from start to finish, boasting a simple, yet well-written story throughout. The story does indeed pull on some emotional chords, which is rare in action titles.Players unfamiliar with Halo lore will have no problems being immersed in a campaign that spans from eight to ten hours depending on your difficulty. The campaign offers four difficulty levels encouraging multiple playthroughs, adding to it's replay value. Halo: Reach is truly an amazing title, and is one of 2010's best shooters, if not the best Halo game to date.

Watch this space for my opinion on multiplayer and the revamped Firefight mode, and yes, it doesn't disappoint,.
  8. Mar 23, 2011
    Halo:Reach is truely a gaming masterpiece.Has OUTSTANDING multiplyer,it will keep you hooked for years!Plus great story,it was so well written and actually made me sad at the end.It has so many extra features like:theather,co-op,Firefight,Custom games, and more.It also has GREAT background music...makes you pumped up when you play.Definately recommend this game to everyone.One of myHalo:Reach is truely a gaming masterpiece.Has OUTSTANDING multiplyer,it will keep you hooked for years!Plus great story,it was so well written and actually made me sad at the end.It has so many extra features like:theather,co-op,Firefight,Custom games, and more.It also has GREAT background music...makes you pumped up when you play.Definately recommend this game to everyone.One of my friends doesnt like Halo,then he played Reach...he said he loved it! 10 out 10!!! Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    Campaign is great, forge can recreate all old favorite custom games, and multiplayer has tons more playlists than halo 3 as well as XP to buy armor and challenges and commendations to complete.
  10. Mar 26, 2011
    terrific game. give the singleplayer a run through on legendary if you have 10 hours to spare, but if you have a year to spare log in to multiplayer with some mates and get addicted. This game has stolen so many valuable hours of my work time, but i dont regret a minute of it.
  11. Mar 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. what a fps man, i was blown away and played for weeks... better than halo 3, me thinks, and i had lot of fun by myself and with my pals in the single player and multiplayer modes. online is where the game really shines, though Expand
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    Best Halo game by far. If you are a fan of the Halo series or first person shooters in general this is a must have. Everything is here, great campaign, firefight is addicting, and some of the most balanced multiplayer action around today.
  13. Mar 22, 2012
    Ok yes this is another Halo, is the campaign entertaining? Hell yes. Now the beginning cinematic paints a pretty bleak picture. But this is all part of the time-line in the halo universe. I certainly found the Spartan 3 squad-mates true to their roles, the armor mods very useful, the AI tough and the new enemies a nice change.

Now you might call me a fanatic but I have read all the Halo

Now you might call me a fanatic but I have read all the Halo Novels and I like to experience the Halo Universe in any additional way, this game lives up to my expectations of a Halo game but does have flaws, story wise mostly and does wander away from the time-line somewhat but it is forgivable.

I enjoyed it and that is final.
  14. Nov 24, 2011
    Gorgeous visuals, and engrossing multiplayer make this game great, but unfortunately Bungie's lack of care for the fiction is starting to become apparent, especially given the horrendous AI of the campaign. Nonetheless, not to be missed by Xbox 360 owners.
  15. Sep 24, 2011
    honestly, I found this game to be very underwhelming and rather disappointing. And if it weren't for ODST I would say its the worst halo game.

I found the campaign to be mundane, phoned in, and mediocre at best. It is lacking in presentation. for example, compare the invasion scene in halo reach to the San Fransisco invasion scene in resistance 2. resistance 2 delivers one of the most epic and jaw dropping scenes I have seen in a game and insomniac has a mere percentage of the funding behind them as bungie. for a game that capitalizes on a planetary invasion, you dont really get alot of epic encounters built around that theme in halo reach. in fact, you dont get very many epic encounters at all. most of the battles are relatively small scaled and they offer little intensity or a true warlike atmosphere.

The story is terrible. I can accept that. but the problem is that it is terrible in a boring way. It seems like the voice actors and writers arent even attempting to make it entertaining or interesting. There are plotholes everywhere in this game. I dont usually bring up that sort of thing, but they are so pervasive in this game, especially surrounding the deaths of main characters. I read the book "fall of reach" and it actually fleshed out the universe of "halo" and made master chief a more interesting character. It also showed the spartans, earlier in their training program, going on missions against human insurgents and pirates. that would have been an interesting thing to see in the game. but halo reach doesn't take any chances and it doesn't offer anything as a prequel.

the gunplay mechanics, in my eyes, are unforgivably primitive, especially for a big budget current gen title. There is no reason why halo games shouldn't incorporate ironsights by now. I dont think there is any other FPS franchise that could still get away with such a thing and be well received in the reviewing community. The gunplay overall has very little kickback or power behind it. the only weapon I found to have even a semblance of impact was the pistol. perhaps bungie was afraid to make significant changes to the gunplay because given the fact that this is a prequel, it would affect the continuity of the series. but I think that is really just a weak excuse.

No matter what features they add to the multiplayer, it doesnt cover up the sub-par mechanics and gunplay, which are truly the core aspects of an FPS game.

overall, halo reach isnt the worst FPS game out there, but I would definitely say its not a "great" game. if I were to judge it by the campaign alone, I would give it a 7/10. however, I think that due to the competent multiplayer (where clearly most of the effort has gone) I can give it an extra star, bringing it to an 8/10. honestly though I couldnt imagine giving it anything higher.

Halo Reach's campaign doesn't live up the standards set by the first 2 entries in the series or even the third. Halo should be blazing ahead and creating campaigns that are a cut above the standard, but instead they are trailing half a gen behind game franchises like Killzone, Crysis, and Resistance to name a few. Hell, even Call of Duty, despite its stagnation, still has a far more sophisticated engine, more dynamic campaigns, and far better gunplay than any of the current gen halo games.

its a shame this game has received so much undeserved praise. people are just so excited to have a game with "halo" in the name, that they dont stop to critically analyze it. I didnt go into this game wanting to hate it. as I said, I read the halo books. I was the biggest halo fan out there. at least up the halo 3. I honestly found this game lacking in every single aspect that matters to me in an FPS. If you havent experienced many FPS games this gen, than you may enjoy this. I know these games appeal to the more casual FPS crowd. However, objectively and in comparison to what is on the market right now, this game is not a contender, despite what some people will tell you.
  16. Jun 13, 2011
    First and foremost, let me say that this review is based on how good the game is, not how annoying the hype was built around it (which wan't that annoying).
    Halo revolutionized the first-person shooter genre (especially on consoles), and the series continues to add new and interesting mechanics to the game.
    The campaign is great, with characters you actually care about, incredibly smart (enemy) AI, and a mission or two that make you say, "I just did WHAT?!", Call of Duty style.
    The true gem in the game, like many first-person shooters, is the multiplayer. New game modes like Invasion shake things up, with one team attacking control points and the other defending, while the game modes we all loved from the past games are back, like grifball.
    The Forge is back, and better than ever. It's easier to use, and the game comes pre-loaded with the map Forge World, which has several relatively empty places to build from scratch. People, including me, like to complain about a lot of little things in this game, which prevented it from getting a perfect 10. Some of the ones I agree with: "The magnum still sucks!", and "What the hell are skirmishers?!"
    All together, Reach is a great game with an incredible (and incredibly customizable) multiplayer experience, and it makes you wonder where the gaming industry would be if Reach didn't fall.
  17. Jun 17, 2011
    A major improvement from the abysmal Halo ODST. The campaign is back to the Good'ol menu mission selection. What's more is MP is on the same disk to the alright SP campaign. Forge is much better with the ability to merge objects and move objects very little (Good for those who like precise maps). The multiplayer maps are a blast. Forge World is best with a friend if you have the communityA major improvement from the abysmal Halo ODST. The campaign is back to the Good'ol menu mission selection. What's more is MP is on the same disk to the alright SP campaign. Forge is much better with the ability to merge objects and move objects very little (Good for those who like precise maps). The multiplayer maps are a blast. Forge World is best with a friend if you have the community created HORSE maps in which the aim is to beat your opponent to complete an objective, whether it be cross a small platform on a mongoose or fly through the air and hope to land on the platform. The let downs are the campaign missions which to be frank are mainly at their best firefights where one side exchanges fire with another. Sure firefight is back but to me it's just the same as last time with a few armour abilities like Sprint or Jet Pack. The main new feature that stood out for me was the levelling system which took place in SP and MP where the aim is to get credits for anything like kill an enemy or finish a level. With these newly acquired credits, armour can be bought to customize your Spartan. Overall a game I often play but it has it's let downs. Expand
  18. Jul 2, 2011
    This game is a great game. The multiplayer offers new things, along with the firefight mode. The only thing that I think is OK is the campaign. This game would be a good first game if you are new to Xbox.
  19. Jul 3, 2011
    Halo: Reach is a great game, it has an epic campaign, perfect multiplayer, and good graphic. It is a very funny game, you will play this for months and months. Simply,the king of FPS.
  20. Jul 3, 2011
    the game improves so much on technology its unbelivable this is the pinnacle of halo games. Everything in the game is intense the enimies look insanely intimaditing and the A.I is so much smarter , they think and they act upon your actions. I thought halo 3 was great but wow this game complelty blow that game out of the water. In fact i cant think of any game on the PS3 console or even thethe game improves so much on technology its unbelivable this is the pinnacle of halo games. Everything in the game is intense the enimies look insanely intimaditing and the A.I is so much smarter , they think and they act upon your actions. I thought halo 3 was great but wow this game complelty blow that game out of the water. In fact i cant think of any game on the PS3 console or even the nitendo console that truly stands against this game. this game has so much in its truly amazing.
    the thing i really wanted most out of this game was for the campaign to keep going longer than 11 levels that would have been fantastic but other wise bungie did a great job.
  21. Jan 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played is game for almost a year now and I'm not bored of it. This made up for the emptiness that halo 3 gave me. With what started as a noob friendly multiplayer is becoming more competitive (arguable) now that 343 has taken over halo. They are doing requests from the community (especially MLG) that are making it better for most people. I took a break from this game to go play battlefield 3 and was slightly surprised to have as much fun as I did before. FORGE: much improved on Halo 3s and is a very good map making system. MULTIPLAYER: fun and being changed for those who wanted zero bloom and rank playlists. CAMPAIGN: can play up to 4 people over live and two local (I think) . Short but made me sad at the end and clap. FIREFIGHT: improved off ODSTs game mode and I have made some pretty fun game types to play with friends. CUSTOM GAMES: imagine CoDs private matches on fun steroids. Paired up with forge and crazy changes to gun load outs, health, movement, damage, etc is really what makes me come back and play reach. The game runs pretty smooth for 30 FPS and with three map packs, people are just finding all kinds of things to do in the game. Graphics are pretty good but not the best compared to other games but still make the game enjoyable. I would consider this game medium paced and definitely not for everyone. But for those who like fun games Expand
  22. Jul 10, 2011
    Great game in a great series. I was never really a big Halo fan, but this game seems to be the best shooter out there for me right now. COD seems to have a ton of hackers/glitchers/modders etc. as well as childish players. Don't get me wrong, Halo has them too, but with the modes I play (Arena, MLG, Swat), I don't see too many. Also, I think Halo takes a bit more skill than COD. With allGreat game in a great series. I was never really a big Halo fan, but this game seems to be the best shooter out there for me right now. COD seems to have a ton of hackers/glitchers/modders etc. as well as childish players. Don't get me wrong, Halo has them too, but with the modes I play (Arena, MLG, Swat), I don't see too many. Also, I think Halo takes a bit more skill than COD. With all your killstreak awards, you are just asking for players to camp, and camp they do. Most people think that's the "cool" way to play shooters now. So, I rate Halo: Reach a 9, simply for beating COD and satisfying the need for a good shooter. Expand
  23. Jul 10, 2011
    For halo fans and non halo fans alike this game is very good and should be played by all. The campaign is very good if very short with a good story and enough different combat options and varied missions to keep you interested. The multiplayer is excellent with all of the pizzazz of the previous halo games with one great addition, WORKING PHYSICS which I think makes it better. The onlyFor halo fans and non halo fans alike this game is very good and should be played by all. The campaign is very good if very short with a good story and enough different combat options and varied missions to keep you interested. The multiplayer is excellent with all of the pizzazz of the previous halo games with one great addition, WORKING PHYSICS which I think makes it better. The only problem is that the campaign is too short and doesn't live up to a lot of promise it shows throughout the campaign. Expand
  24. Oct 11, 2011
    Halo: Reach is a very well-made game, strong graphics, visual presentation, soundtrack+score and killer Halo Gameplay amount to one beast of a game. Nevertheless, it isn't near perfect. For one, the story is a giant flop, and serves as a major anti-climax for anyone who has played through the masterfully-written trilogy that was Halo, and while the gameplay is amazing (just like itsHalo: Reach is a very well-made game, strong graphics, visual presentation, soundtrack+score and killer Halo Gameplay amount to one beast of a game. Nevertheless, it isn't near perfect. For one, the story is a giant flop, and serves as a major anti-climax for anyone who has played through the masterfully-written trilogy that was Halo, and while the gameplay is amazing (just like its non-chronological predecessors), the structure often feels tedious and at times often very dull (the low-point being a mission where you fly through a city in a painfully-slow attack/transport chopper in the pouring rain, going back and forth across a very poorly made playing field providing assistance to random characters you neither know nor care about). Also, the new armour abilities, while some (the jet pack in particular) are definite wins, most of them serve simply to unbalance the gameplay and make it far more tedious, and seem a fairly pointless inclusion. If you can overlook these flawed abilities however, then the multiplayer aspect of Reach will be a fine way to kill time until H:CE:AE is released. Halo: Reach does succeed in many ways and is certainly better than most of the **** shooters we're exposed to, but coming from this right after Halo 3 (a vastly superior game in every aspect) will leave you longing for simpler times. Also, if you're a COD fan (much like myself) you'll find it very difficult to get into this, thanks entirely to the utter lack of customisation options in your load-outs (itself due to the minimalistic amount of weapons on offer)
    Final Verdict: 8
  25. Jul 18, 2011
    An excellent game with a awesome story,strong characters and superb graphics. In my opinion, it brought many innovative things to the series like the armor abilities and space fights. The multiplayer part is as awesome as it is in previous game but with a few more adjustments. I recommend this to anyone who has a xbox 360 console.
  26. Aug 26, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the halo franchise and this game too. This is probably one of the best of the series next to Halo 2. Awesome storyline really backs the cool effects and scenery. The campaign is really good. The multiplayer is bad ass too. It's fast and easy to get the hang of. Nothings better than a game of Halo. Can't wait till next one.
  27. Jul 19, 2011
    To say i never played the first halo yet this comes good to halo 2 and 3 yet i miss the old armor type from the first 3 halo's Reach does a good job in creativity with the guns but not enough use fullness in forge and a wide amount of game types that are pretty similar yet when a COD rates this their gotta dislike it due to the fact that the COD series ruined the history of gaming. ThisTo say i never played the first halo yet this comes good to halo 2 and 3 yet i miss the old armor type from the first 3 halo's Reach does a good job in creativity with the guns but not enough use fullness in forge and a wide amount of game types that are pretty similar yet when a COD rates this their gotta dislike it due to the fact that the COD series ruined the history of gaming. This game was a bit of a money grab since odst failed but they provived us with a good campaign not the greatest, but it delivers, and since 343 industries is taking over halo has lost its luster. Halo Reach lacks a few features halo 3 had that i wished were put to it. but were not if 343 updates us with a free download for having pelicans or a better falcon for a squad and not just gunners and things like that i wish they did but all in all heres my ratings
    grapichs who cares i dont rate that, games arent rated on grahics cause o well
    story 8.3
    Gameplay 9
    Fun 8.7
    Creativity 10
    lasting game play 6.8
    upgradability 7
  28. Jul 19, 2011
    Halo Reach, possibly one of the greatest games of all time. It is full of amazing content including, Firefight, Forge 2.0, Matchmaking, Theater mode, and an amazing campain that lasts over 10 hours depending on what difficulty your on. This is worth every penny of it's purchase price, buy it now! :D
  29. Jul 26, 2011
    Reach is one of the best first person shooters out there. Although many of you may not understand the story line of the game because although its a prequel it still kind of expects you to have played the other games first. Many of you may also say the story doesn't step up to the plate of halo combat evolved but it is the best single player campaign since the first halo not because itsReach is one of the best first person shooters out there. Although many of you may not understand the story line of the game because although its a prequel it still kind of expects you to have played the other games first. Many of you may also say the story doesn't step up to the plate of halo combat evolved but it is the best single player campaign since the first halo not because its story is great but because there is so much variety. In one level you may be sneaking around on farmlands sniping down elites but in the next level you could be flying around on a gunship in a massive urban environment in the middle of an all out war. This game definetly has the most variety of any halo campaign even though its story may not be up to par of halo combat evolved, but that's why I gave it a 9 not a 10.
    The multiplayer in this game also has an amazing amount of variety from up to a 4 player co-op Campaign (online 4 player, local 2 player), firefight, 4 player split screen, matchmaking, and not to mention its improved forge mode where almost any map from past halo games or completely new maps can be easily created or recreated. The improved forge mode also allows players to adjust current maps to their liking. But there are still some flaws that I'd like to see fixed about forge such as completely changing the colours (that's not bad grammar I'm just Canadian) of the building blocks instead of just changing what team it should belong to (red or blue). The game also has new features (which were inspired by COD MW) such as the equipment feature which allows you to have the ability either to sprint, jetpack, bubble shield, armour lock...etc. This feature adds a whole new strategy to the game as you can only carry one equipment at a time so you must choose between classes before the beginning of a match. It's a welcome addition to the gameplay but its obviously inspired by Call of Duty. Also inspired by Call of duty is its massively lengthy leveling up. It can take days to rank up once you get into the higher ranks and once you get to the extremely high ranks it can feel like forever to get to the next one. But with each new rank comes new armour which give you a slight satisfaction for wasting so much time trying to rank up. On to presentation, overall the graphics in this game are mediocre not the best graphics out there but there not terrible. The music as always is perfect for the game but I have to admit I do miss that famous sound of the quire singing. The voice acting is well done but kind of dull due to the storyline and the characters are kind of forgettable (again due to the storyline). At the end of the day Halo Reach may not have the best storyline or the perfect map creator or the best ranking up system but it does have one of the most fun gameplays out there with a lot of things to do so you're not gonna get bored quickly. Halo is about fun and variety which this game delivers that's why I'm giving it a 9/10.
  30. Jan 14, 2013
    Bungie did a lot wrong with there last installment but it still felt like halo. Weapon pickups should never be taken out of halo.....thanks 343. Playing Halo 4 made me realize that reach was not that bad of a game. The forge was awesome, custom games was awesome, and the multiplayer was awesome. This is what I expected from a halo game. I had a lot of fun on this game. Remember reach theyBungie did a lot wrong with there last installment but it still felt like halo. Weapon pickups should never be taken out of halo.....thanks 343. Playing Halo 4 made me realize that reach was not that bad of a game. The forge was awesome, custom games was awesome, and the multiplayer was awesome. This is what I expected from a halo game. I had a lot of fun on this game. Remember reach they say.... 9/10 Halo 3 is still the best. Expand
  31. Aug 8, 2011
    A perfect way to end the series. Campaign: I enjoy playing as noble 6, accompanied by the rest of noble team. Space mission was epic! Even though it was short, they ended it in a way to remember. I think it was the most easy to understand story in the series. Multiplayer: Lots of new features since halo 3, like the new voting system. Many new creative gametypes like headhunter, stockpile,A perfect way to end the series. Campaign: I enjoy playing as noble 6, accompanied by the rest of noble team. Space mission was epic! Even though it was short, they ended it in a way to remember. I think it was the most easy to understand story in the series. Multiplayer: Lots of new features since halo 3, like the new voting system. Many new creative gametypes like headhunter, stockpile, and the big one, invasion. All new creative maps, such as Spire and Boneyard can really give a satisfying touch. FireFight: They have greatly inhanced this mode since halo 3:odst. There are much more customizable options, like the ability to change the enemies during a wave, or mess around how strong you are in battle. Forge: You can now build forge maps in the new giant map called forge world. You change the way the pieces interact with the environment. Bungie has all ready made some forge maps for you to play in like the remake of Blood Gulch and other remakes, and new ones like The Cage. Now it is much easier to build big maps. In conclusion, this game has barely any flaws, and it is worth every penny you spend it one Expand
  32. Aug 15, 2011
    This game is sort of a mixed bag for me. Sure, the gameplay/multiplayer is very solid, like what we are used to from Bungie. The campaign offers a lot of variety and is very fast-paced, lot of action. However, there were no memorable moments in the campaign, at least until the end. The campaign is forgettable for the most part. For something as epic as the fall of Earth, loss of billionsThis game is sort of a mixed bag for me. Sure, the gameplay/multiplayer is very solid, like what we are used to from Bungie. The campaign offers a lot of variety and is very fast-paced, lot of action. However, there were no memorable moments in the campaign, at least until the end. The campaign is forgettable for the most part. For something as epic as the fall of Earth, loss of billions of human lives and fighting a losing battle, it was a disappointment for me. The characters were very forgettable, and Bungie obviously wanted us to feel attached to them, but when they started dying, I really didn't care as much, yet I couldn't even remember their name. Expand
  33. Aug 30, 2011
    Bungie's last halo game, for the most part they have made a very good game but I think they stayed too safe and did not take any risks. The campaign is good and the multiplayer is great, but there were not many maps and all the forge made ones are boring and dull. Overall its a very good game. 9/10
  34. Aug 31, 2011
    Having played all of the previous Halo's I feel as this game has been a great addition to the franchise. If multiplayer is what your looking for Halo Reach a offers beautiful, fun and exciting gaming experience which never becomes repetitive, this game campaign is shorter than i expected and its firefight feature isn't really fun at the beginning and takes a while to kick off. Other thanHaving played all of the previous Halo's I feel as this game has been a great addition to the franchise. If multiplayer is what your looking for Halo Reach a offers beautiful, fun and exciting gaming experience which never becomes repetitive, this game campaign is shorter than i expected and its firefight feature isn't really fun at the beginning and takes a while to kick off. Other than that, this game is superb and most importantly fun. Expand
  35. Sep 14, 2015
    This is how you do a campaign in a shooter game. It was a thrilling and dramatic experience of battle, companionship and loss.
    Also I was never sure how the story would unfold, if they would succeed in battle or not, which kept me very engaged. This was, apart from Half-Life 2 the best shooter campaign I every played.
    Also the music and graphics were stellar. Giving this game a 10 would
    Also the music and graphics were stellar.
    Giving this game a 10 would not be wrong, but a 9 is fine also.
  36. Sep 15, 2011
    If you like Halo buy it. Fantastic replay value and different game modes. Misses out on a 10 because of lack of Master Chief-ness and not a big fan of a lot of the MP maps (too many forge world levels!!!)
    Great work from Bungie to conclude their project....
  37. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took what was a very over done franchise and brought something fresh a special to it. I'll be honest I didnt care for Halo 3, liked ODST but this game really brought back the enjoyment factor for me in a big way that I had been missing with Halo since the second installment. Thank you Bungie!
  38. Sep 14, 2011
    I never got into the Halo series until I first bought Halo Reach on my Xbox. I was instantly hooked into the game since then. I personally don't find the campaign all that exciting if you play it solo, so I highly recommend going co-op on this one. Multiplayer is a fun and well-balanced experience that really shouldn't be compared to other first-person shooters out there. It has greatI never got into the Halo series until I first bought Halo Reach on my Xbox. I was instantly hooked into the game since then. I personally don't find the campaign all that exciting if you play it solo, so I highly recommend going co-op on this one. Multiplayer is a fun and well-balanced experience that really shouldn't be compared to other first-person shooters out there. It has great customization system, allowing you to change your armor, emblem, tag, helmet, color, and much more. Multiplayer also has a wide variety of game types, from the simple "team slayer", which is basically a team death match, to completely different things such as "infection", a zombie survival type of game type. There's also a forge mode which allows you to create your own maps. Overall this is a game with a decent single player campaign and EXCELLENT replay value. Expand
  39. Oct 18, 2011
    I don't like Halo but this game is how every shooter should be designed. It is very well balanced, great online, campaign is epic and I did like the story. Weapons are good, they have added recoil and SWAT is very fun to play- it's the best game mode for any console FPS imo. It deserves a high score. The only problem was the horde mode, which isn't very exciting even if you play aroundI don't like Halo but this game is how every shooter should be designed. It is very well balanced, great online, campaign is epic and I did like the story. Weapons are good, they have added recoil and SWAT is very fun to play- it's the best game mode for any console FPS imo. It deserves a high score. The only problem was the horde mode, which isn't very exciting even if you play around with it on forge or custom game mode. Overall, this is the most complete package shooter on the market today. In the same way that Halo 3 was ahead of its time, this game offers more than the absokute minimum. You get progression in ranking through campaign, co-op, online, horde etc. But being a higher rank or completing challenges doesn't give you any advantage over a new player. Halo Reach delivers quality and quantity on all fronts. Expand
  40. Dec 7, 2011
    If this game had to be summed up in one word, the word would be: Perfection.
    This game is not only one of the best game made â
  41. Sep 24, 2011
    This is a very cool sci-fi game. This is my favourite game. The story goood the gameplay very good and the music very very good. least 150 characters, least 150 characters
  42. Sep 26, 2011
    I do not normally give a game a 10, but for Halo Reach I'll make an exception.

The campaign is excellent, it's not too short, and it's not too long. It's story will draw you in and keep you interested, and in certain areas of the campaign you can actually fly space ships. Which in FPS history is a rare occurrence. As for multiplayer, every game I have is always stable and I have very
    I do not normally give a game a 10, but for Halo Reach I'll make an exception.

As for multiplayer, every game I have is always stable and I have very little disconnections. It's also a lot of fun, I love playing Firefight.

Graphics wise Bungie have done a fantastic job. I can't really say anything bad about them really.
    The gameplay is also very solid.

Halo reach is one of the few games that does not have any bugs or glitches that plague other games (Cough Black Ops Cough) It is a very enjoyable game and it has no doubt left it's mark on FPS History.
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    A really good game it definatly raises the expectation for the halo series. When you play it i guarntee you'll be saying "wow this is so awesome that i pooped my self" overall just a good game. you gotta have no brain or taste in games if you dont even remotely like it. Just watch out there are some new monsters that really pack a punch
  44. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved this game. Campaign story was excellent, albeit linear and somewhat predictable. This game's multiplayer is one of the few I actually enjoy, most other games' MP I just find frustrating and annoying. I have read many people don't like it as well as previous installments of the Halo series, but I found this game overall very enjoyable.
  45. Oct 22, 2011
    Alright, I've been a big time Halo fan for about 9 years now. I've played every Halo game (Including Wars) for countless hours and have read all the books. The Halo series is one of my favorite video game series of all time.

That said, I really like Halo: Reach. It is the complete package. There are so many ways to have fun in this game. Reach's competitive multiplayer is very fun and is what keeps me playing the game one year later. I wouldn't say that it's the best in the series, but it's still extremely fun to play. Forge and Firefight have both taken huge leaps from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. Firefights customization is what really makes it fun, you can pretty much do almost anything you want with it. Forge World is just amazing, making awesome maps has never been easier. Just messing around with some friends in the huge environment can be extremely fun. And when you take your Forge World creation into Custom Games with friends, it's just plain awesome. However, there is one big problem with the game and is the reason why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9. The single player campaign, was not nearly as cool and epic as I had thought it would be. There was no character development at all, the voice acting was terrible, and most of the missions were boring and repetitive. It didn't really feel like you were part of this large scale epic fight for the planet, instead you ran around pushing buttons and switches. The planet itself seemed more like a civilian farming planet more then the vital industrial military planet it was supposed to be. In fact, the campaign is so horrible and disappointing I don't even consider it canon to the Halo Universe. If you want to know what really happened to Reach, just read the book Halo: The Fall of Reach instead.

So overall, Halo: Reach is a great game, minus the single player campaign. It's a must buy for any FPS fan who owns an Xbox 360 and loves Sci Fi. I hope this review was helpful.
  46. Jul 1, 2012
    The best gift Bungie could have give us before they leave the Halo scene. This game is a gorgeous diamond. The controls are awesome and dangerously responsive, graphically, no major issues, and the music are just to dream about. The multiplayer is really challenging and unique, since everything goes very fast. Skill is the deal.
    The negative point I would give it is that they could have
    The negative point I would give it is that they could have offered us a better single player story. They should terribly have more respected the novel.
  47. Nov 6, 2011
    i thought this was one of the better halo games. reach totally grabbed me by the balls by its multiplayer, its just too **** fun. thiers a ton of unlocks for each rank that keeps you comin for more. **** the campaign better than the last installments in the series, alot more varied battlefields. the graphics are detailed so **** much, you can go to the theater to look at past games youi thought this was one of the better halo games. reach totally grabbed me by the balls by its multiplayer, its just too **** fun. thiers a ton of unlocks for each rank that keeps you comin for more. **** the campaign better than the last installments in the series, alot more varied battlefields. the graphics are detailed so **** much, you can go to the theater to look at past games you played and i **** you not, zoom in on anything.... its got little scratches on guns, armor, everything. just **** crazy, and i wasnt even that impressed with halo 3, i thought it was gay as **** excluding multiplayer. reach just has the craziest glitches ive ever seen in a game, like i just got through playin a match and it was 2 on 1 i died, and somehow right after that the 2 dudes just died spontaniously.... gotta double kill! its just packed with neverending moments that leave you flabbergasted haha. i advise to people who havent tried it, check it out, its a fine investment for a great package in all. i give it a ten just because it blew all the other games outta the water. i liked halo 2 more than any of the other games but this one just blew that mo****er out the water, check this **** out Expand
  48. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is the Best halo so far! It has great graphics, story line and a great multi player. The Campaign is a little hard to follow because I didn't really know who was who but that's the only bad thing.
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    Halo: Reach is something special. A love letter to Halo fans, and a perfect example of how to make a first person shooter, this emotional, powerful science fiction epic is expertly crafted. The campaign is a deep and poignant tale all woven around 10 flawlessly executed levels, each more astounding than the last. The gameplay improvements are subtle yet do so much, perfecting the Halo -Halo: Reach is something special. A love letter to Halo fans, and a perfect example of how to make a first person shooter, this emotional, powerful science fiction epic is expertly crafted. The campaign is a deep and poignant tale all woven around 10 flawlessly executed levels, each more astounding than the last. The gameplay improvements are subtle yet do so much, perfecting the Halo - and in doing so, the FPS - formula. This is first person shooting at its finest. It's also a gorgeous game, the attention to detail staggering, ensuring the world is totally believable, and the sound effects and epic soundtrack only add to the incredible atmosphere. Once again Bungie perfect competitive multiplayer, offering a very fun and fluid yet incredibly deep experience that will live on as long as the Xbox 360 exists. Firefight is a refinement of the excellent co-op mode first seen in ODST and is infinitely enjoyable. In short, Halo: Reach delivers on every front. This story of the beginning is also the perfect end for Bungie. This swan song is packed full of masterful content. From the incredible story-driven campaign to the wonderful multiplayer, Bungie have truly gone out with a bang. The best Halo game yet, and one of the greatest first person shooters, ever. A masterpiece. Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    Soy muy fan de Halo pero en verdad no se me hizo tan agradable algunas habilidades de armadura porque campean mucho eso de volar o cubrirse pero ya con las actulizaciones se han ganado esta calificacion esperemos que mas puedan mejorar los de 343 sobre este juegazo
  51. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is great because of changes of graphics, gameplay and good story. It tells how Cortana have been able to get to Master Chief because of Noble 6, which is a great prequel to halo combat evolve. Also, please stop fanboy biased for PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusive games, i own a PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, and PS2. Those exclusive games are good. I am very glad they made a very good game because Halo 3: ODST isn't much a good game for me in my opinion. Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2011
    Epic Game, Epic Story and great gameplay mechanics..The story of the tragic fall of Reach is told brilliantly and it doesn't matter if you have knowledge about the inevitability at the beginning or not..The pain of losing your team feels real and the last mission the way it closes out was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to a much loved Franchise. Multiplayer is solid, Slayer is byEpic Game, Epic Story and great gameplay mechanics..The story of the tragic fall of Reach is told brilliantly and it doesn't matter if you have knowledge about the inevitability at the beginning or not..The pain of losing your team feels real and the last mission the way it closes out was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to a much loved Franchise. Multiplayer is solid, Slayer is by far the most satisfying. THere is real innovation in how you use ur abilities and sprinting + melee is a great tactic. Beats the recycled garbage that is Call of Duty any day. Expand
  53. Nov 25, 2012
    Halo Reach was Bungie's last Halo game. The Game looked great, Much better than Halo 3's legendary graphics engine. A lot of the promises that were made for this game like space battles and taking part in huge npc vehicle battles were removed from the game because of Microsoft rushing Bungie to complete the game, but The game still has lots more than Halo 3's campaign did, It really heldHalo Reach was Bungie's last Halo game. The Game looked great, Much better than Halo 3's legendary graphics engine. A lot of the promises that were made for this game like space battles and taking part in huge npc vehicle battles were removed from the game because of Microsoft rushing Bungie to complete the game, but The game still has lots more than Halo 3's campaign did, It really held up to it's expectations. as for the multiplayer, Very fun. I was a little disappointed by the lack of maps that weren't made on Forge World, and that the maps that didn't use Forge World were just Bsp's from the Campaign, but they were still fun to play on, all the weapons fit and are fun to play with. I do not,however, like the vehicle combat in the multiplayer of the game, very unbalanced in my opinion. 8/10 Expand
  54. Aug 6, 2012
    Bungie came back with its last Halo installment as a prequel to the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. And it may surprise you on how good a prequel can be. Your part of a group trying to save the planet Reach from the Covenant. This game goes through the relationships of everyone in your group and how passionate a team of soldiers really can be. It has you going from beginning to end withBungie came back with its last Halo installment as a prequel to the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. And it may surprise you on how good a prequel can be. Your part of a group trying to save the planet Reach from the Covenant. This game goes through the relationships of everyone in your group and how passionate a team of soldiers really can be. It has you going from beginning to end with non stop action. The multiplayer is great as well. It brings back everything you love about the previous Halo installments but brings much more to the table. Halo: Reach is a must have for any Halo fanatic like myself.

Pros:
    -Great story
    -Good graphics
    -Good Multiplayer

Cons: -This is Bungies last Halo installment
  55. Nov 19, 2011
    Halo: Reach's story is easily one of the weakest in the overarching franchise, and its campaign is little more than a series of impressive setpieces with little to no justification for why exactly they are happening; it also manages to conflict with its own canon from past stories. It is a testament, then, to the multiplayer aspect of the Halo series that it manages not only to succeed,Halo: Reach's story is easily one of the weakest in the overarching franchise, and its campaign is little more than a series of impressive setpieces with little to no justification for why exactly they are happening; it also manages to conflict with its own canon from past stories. It is a testament, then, to the multiplayer aspect of the Halo series that it manages not only to succeed, but excel to new heights. This is the best online multiplayer has ever been, let alone the multiplayer of the Halo series. If you own a 360 and plan to play anything online, this is a must. Expand
  56. Nov 23, 2011
    OVERVIEW: With their last Halo title, Bungie definitely went out with a bang, showing no signs of laziness. Instead they showed hard work and dedication to create a meaningful, respectable game.

PROS: The hard work put into Reach definitely shows. Everything is brand new from the art work to the game engine. The game runs great and smooth with little to no problems. The presentation is amazing which includes some emotional and nostalgic story telling. The amazing multiplayer is better than ever, including tons of maps, tons of game types, and great matchmaking system, and a great leveling system. But the best part of this game is all the things there is to do. Forge is greatly improved for Halo 3 which now includes Forge World, fusing, and a lot of items. Firefight is included which contains customizable game types. Speaking of game types, Custom Games is included which contains almost limitless possibilities and endless combinations with forge. On top of all that there is matchmaking for campaign and firefight.

CONS: Reach is a beautiful game, but the graphics are not the best when compared to other shooters. Other problems are small things, like theatre has been reduced to 1 player only. You can't forge firefight maps. No matchmaking for custom games. Campaign is a bit short. These are all small things that are unnoticeable when enjoying the other options.

GRAPHICS: 8 out of 10; Not the best, but still beautiful enough to envy planet Reach.
    STORYLINE: 8 out of 10; Very emotional and the connection to other Halo's is clever, but this is only done in through cut scenes.
    GAMEPLAY: 9 out of 10; Very unique with the wide range of weapons and the addition of load outs.
    LASTING APPEAL: 10 out 10; So many ways to play, and they are all fun and lasting. OVERALL: 9 out of 10

CONCLUSION: What is so great about this game is all the things to do, how they all relate together, and how I could play every one for hours.. The small flaws are shadowed by what's great about this game. Bungie really gave it their all in this one, and it shows.
  57. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best Halo Campaign. This is the best Halo Multiplayer as well. The campaign puts you in a position where you feel for the characters. The game delivers a solid well put together cast and puts you in some tight situations that feel even more epic than previous ventures. The sense of an apocalypse drives the single-player. The multiplayer is the best in any shooter to date andThis is the best Halo Campaign. This is the best Halo Multiplayer as well. The campaign puts you in a position where you feel for the characters. The game delivers a solid well put together cast and puts you in some tight situations that feel even more epic than previous ventures. The sense of an apocalypse drives the single-player. The multiplayer is the best in any shooter to date and requires an incredible amount of skill to become good at but at the same time you don't have to be incredible to have fun. There are so many multiplayer options and an improved upgrade system brings Reach ahead of Halo 3 in the Multiplayer department. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    First off, this game is better than a 9, but I refuse to give a game that's not perfect a 10, and I can think of a few things it's missing which I'll get to at the end.

The campaign mode for Reach is excellent, I don't personally think it has as many memorable moments as Halo 3 did in that department, but it's still a top notch campaign and you'd expect nothing less from a Halo game. The

The multiplayer mode is probably the best in terms of online FPS that I've ever come across. It's so well balanced in terms of weapons and the extra choices of particular power you choose really adds new dimensions to the strategy of the game. The game boasts some really great maps and now a year in it has lots that I've never even seen before. The medals you get within the game are always fun to see, and as always bungie.com has a great deal of stats, it's just a shame they can't be accessed from the Halo Reach game itself.

The things which need improving on are as follows: Jet Packs shouldn't be in the game, they're really irritating especially when half the people in the game are flying about. The map selection needs to be more random, I'm sick to death of playing Sword base cos it's the one people know the best. The lacks of a Final Kill Cam, Replay Death and levelling up perks that COD made popular are all annoying not to have.
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Bungie put their heart and soul into their last Halo game; everything about this game is amazing. The campaign is breathtaking and emotional; I felt Reach was my home planet. The story is riveting to the last cutscene and ties together with Halo CE perfectly. The multiplayer is also very fun and addicting; Bungie took all the great weekend playlists from Halo 3 and added them to theBungie put their heart and soul into their last Halo game; everything about this game is amazing. The campaign is breathtaking and emotional; I felt Reach was my home planet. The story is riveting to the last cutscene and ties together with Halo CE perfectly. The multiplayer is also very fun and addicting; Bungie took all the great weekend playlists from Halo 3 and added them to the standard playlists. Firefight is also very fun and very customizable although for it to be any fun it has to be played with two or more people. Overall, this game is a great edition to the Halo series and it is definitely worth the money. Expand
  60. Nov 25, 2011
    Freaking love this game. Bungie is great. Honestly 4 player split screen online is amazing. I wish more devs did that and for this Halo is one of my #1 played games since I can always play it while I have my buds over. Only 1 gripe: BTB only lets 2 people on a console play at once. LAME!!!
  61. Nov 26, 2011
    Hands down, Halo Reach is the premiere shooter for the Xbox 360 console. Bungie have worked hard to combine the best of the Halo franchise into this game, and it has paid off. The game looks and plays fantastic, with some new impressive visuals powered by a newer game engine. Campaign featured a solid campaign with the perfect blend of storytelling, combat and landscapes. The multiplayerHands down, Halo Reach is the premiere shooter for the Xbox 360 console. Bungie have worked hard to combine the best of the Halo franchise into this game, and it has paid off. The game looks and plays fantastic, with some new impressive visuals powered by a newer game engine. Campaign featured a solid campaign with the perfect blend of storytelling, combat and landscapes. The multiplayer is the best for the Halo franchise yet with all new playlists, weapons and maps. There is a much greater focus on customization, as you can modify almost all aspects of your character's armour. The firefight mode is great, with a lot of options you can change to fit your desire. Forge is also revamped and there is a lot more you can do with it. Bungie/343 is also a great company, as they still support this game a year later, and you can access multiplayer stats and a lot of information on their website. Overall, Reach is a must-own for shooter fans on the Xbox 360. Expand
  62. Nov 29, 2011
    Halo is far superior to it's competition, always introducing something new and always making sure the community has something to do months after it has been released with excellent story line (which nearly no other FPS game has), fun and fair multiplayer where everyone has just as much chance to win, firefight which is personally one of my favorite things included with this game. It evenHalo is far superior to it's competition, always introducing something new and always making sure the community has something to do months after it has been released with excellent story line (which nearly no other FPS game has), fun and fair multiplayer where everyone has just as much chance to win, firefight which is personally one of my favorite things included with this game. It even has split screen! If you just got a 360, then I'll recommend you get this game right now! Expand
  63. May 25, 2015
    Halo: Reach is a respectable effort for a developer weary with the franchise. Its only weakness is that the lore it has chosen to tie itself into limits the creativity that could've come from any new or innovative ideas. Wholly competent otherwise.
  64. Jan 5, 2012
    The gameplay is smooth and the story is what I expected, but I never really had a bond with the main character like I did with Master Chief, so that's the reason I docked 1. The multiplayer on the other hand is the best I have ever played. The variety of maps, game types, and general awesomeness is what makes it a great game.
  65. Dec 28, 2011
    This is the only FPS I'm not tired of. All the shooters have made me feel burnt out. For new innovative experiences I play many indie games. But this is the only game that has me coming back. The campaign takes 3rd place in the Halo series in my book, behind ODST and 2. The Forge is probably the best map editing/creating tool for consoles. It's simple and clean to use. The firefight isThis is the only FPS I'm not tired of. All the shooters have made me feel burnt out. For new innovative experiences I play many indie games. But this is the only game that has me coming back. The campaign takes 3rd place in the Halo series in my book, behind ODST and 2. The Forge is probably the best map editing/creating tool for consoles. It's simple and clean to use. The firefight is improved greatly from ODST. But what always had me coming back is the multiplayer. The thrill of owning someone who isn't as skilled as you is always satisfying. But that's what separates Halo from most shooters out there. This requires skill. Precision, timing, and choices are all factors in how you play. You can't just aim you gun, spray and hope you get a kill. This is indeed a worthy swan song to Bungie's time with one of the most beloved franchises in all of gaming. Expand
  66. Jan 6, 2012
    Reach is a game you just can't stop playing. The campaign is so much fun, especially playing in co-op with friends. Firefight is improved over Halo 3: ODST, and very exciting. Looking at multiplayer, it is filled with the best game modes in the franchise, great gameplay, and tons of different options. Definitely a game you could stay addicted to for months.
  67. May 20, 2012
    One of the kings of multiplayer gaming. Very skill based still and I love it. This is balanced team multiplayer gameplay at its finest (Besides CSS and DoTA :) ) . The new maps are great as well as the enhanced graphics. Yes, even though it is sub HD I like the updated look. Great game, must buy if you think you are good at multiplayer. Campaign sucks **** though.
  68. Jan 18, 2012
    The main reason I enjoyed this particular Halo installment (and Halo:ODST) over any other Halo game (not including Halo Wars - eugh) is because of the lack of the Master Chief and Cortana. I detested the story of Halo 3 because both Master Chief and Cortana are so hilariously dull as main characters and ever so slightly embarrassing. Whenever Cortana's face would flash up on screen tellingThe main reason I enjoyed this particular Halo installment (and Halo:ODST) over any other Halo game (not including Halo Wars - eugh) is because of the lack of the Master Chief and Cortana. I detested the story of Halo 3 because both Master Chief and Cortana are so hilariously dull as main characters and ever so slightly embarrassing. Whenever Cortana's face would flash up on screen telling me how much she loved biscuits in the first level of Halo 3 I found myself cringing and hoping she'd vanish. My only problem with the Halo series has been the horridly cheesy story, with overly emotional choir music which worked very well with the first Halo game but is simply irritating in Halo 2 and 3. Halo as a series just takes itself far too seriously. Which isn't helped but the fan-base who do exactly the same. Luckily, Halo Reach rights many of the wrongs of Halo 3. The story is good and not steeped in tiresome Halo lore like Halo 3. A simple desperate struggle to evacuate a human colony from alien occupation ending in tragedy - which is so refreshing after previous installments in the series. Graphically this game is pretty good. Not pushing any boundaries, but everything looks smooth. Everything works well in Halo Reach and the inclusion of permanent jetpacks, cloaking devices etc really adds to the overall experience. Multiplayer is decent too and really quite addictive. Unfortunately Halo Reach doesn't really seem to aspire to do anything new. In fact I was glad to hear that 343 are taking the reigns of the series now. Hopefully they will inject something new and interesting into the Halo series. Expand
  69. Feb 14, 2012
    This game is so incredible, it is the best action game to ever be created. The graphics are incredible: seamless, vibrant, smooth, and detailed. The characters and enemies are well-done pieces of graphic, and the maps and terrain is incredible and stunning. What amazes me the most, however, is this game's story line, which is so good that I can not think of a word to describe it... let'sThis game is so incredible, it is the best action game to ever be created. The graphics are incredible: seamless, vibrant, smooth, and detailed. The characters and enemies are well-done pieces of graphic, and the maps and terrain is incredible and stunning. What amazes me the most, however, is this game's story line, which is so good that I can not think of a word to describe it... let's just say the most amazing story line of a video game EVER. It is a great prequel to the other games, continuing off of the idea that the Covenant wants to wipe out the humans because we conflict with their religion. The entire universe that is created in these games is so incredible, it could be a movie. The entire plot of thousands of years ago the Forerunners taking a few sentient species aboard the Halos, and then activating the Halos to wipe out all sentient life to wipe out the flood. Those sentient species including humans, elites, and other members of the covenant. The amazement is stunning. This is such an amazing video game, I just can't get over it. It really shouldn't be rated M. Expand
  70. Feb 24, 2012
    Possibly the best Halo to date. The campaign was decent, but the multi-player was where this game excelled. The addition of armor abilities really expanded the game play beyond "see giant colored man, shoot giant colored man." Now if only they'll remove the radar...
  71. Feb 26, 2012
    Halo: Reach is a great game! The story was thrilling, engaging, unique, and amazing! I liked the fresh and almost tactical feel I got from the game. It felt much more like a military shooter. However, this game didn't feel very much as "Halo-y" as I wish it was. The new armor abilities were cool at first, then became slightly annoying. Hologram sucks, and armor lock really pisses me off.Halo: Reach is a great game! The story was thrilling, engaging, unique, and amazing! I liked the fresh and almost tactical feel I got from the game. It felt much more like a military shooter. However, this game didn't feel very much as "Halo-y" as I wish it was. The new armor abilities were cool at first, then became slightly annoying. Hologram sucks, and armor lock really pisses me off. Both can be pretty useless sometimes, and in multiplayer straight up aggravating! The armor ability of Spring made me wonder WHY Bungie never gave us the ability to sprint in the first place. If you ask me, being a Spartan in the game, being able to sprint should be mandatory. I enjoyed jetpack, and thought this new addition to game change the usual flow of combat and gave the player new ventures in how to engage enemies in both campaign and multiplayer. Halo: Reach plays good, looks good, and sounds good. Graphics are nice, though nothing to applaud over. Sound effects and music are excellent! The game plays nearly flawless and the AI underwent improvements since Halo 3 and ODST. The Covenant look awesome, and feel more powerful and intimidating. The two space-combat levels was a great addition, and are extremely fun. Halo: Reach is a large-scale, global war and it feels that way while playing. Playing as a Spartan III in Halo: Reach was addicting, and this game is still one of my favorites. The characters were a bit shallow however, and their deaths didn't have much impact on me. Overall, Halo: Reach is a great game and I recommend it! Expand
  72. Mar 21, 2012
    This game isn´t bad at all, but is too short .
  73. Mar 20, 2012
    I will start this review by saying this is probbibly one of the greatest games ever! It has very hectic singleplayer. The multiplayer has a great amount of content. Excellent voice acting. This is a must buy for people who have Xbox360s. This is the greatest halo ever.
  74. Aug 13, 2012
    Nearly a decade of work from Bungie has culminated into this, the companies final Halo game. Reach tells the widely referenced but (never told in a video game) story of The Fall of Reach. You play as Noble Six, Noble Teams newest member after the previous Six gave their life protecting the team. You soon find that the Covenant has infiltrated Reach and begins a full scale invasion.Nearly a decade of work from Bungie has culminated into this, the companies final Halo game. Reach tells the widely referenced but (never told in a video game) story of The Fall of Reach. You play as Noble Six, Noble Teams newest member after the previous Six gave their life protecting the team. You soon find that the Covenant has infiltrated Reach and begins a full scale invasion. Unprepared the UNSC defends as long as they can deploying Noble Team to all the pivotal warzones in the battle for Reach, however as we all know Reach is inevitably lost. The characters are likeable and relateable, they have character and you feel sad when they are lost. Reach completes the Halo saga (more or less *eyes Halo 3 ending*) and as a Halo fan, I am proud of Reach. Expand
  75. Dec 12, 2012
    I been am amazing run Bungie but looks like this is the last one of your amazing games. Campaign is well done and story is great and at the ending of the campaign was so well done it gave me a tear in my eye. Multiplayer is fun with armor abilitys are a new, cool and will stay with the game when 343 in their Halos. Forge is the best yet with it more easy to make maps. Firefight is good butI been am amazing run Bungie but looks like this is the last one of your amazing games. Campaign is well done and story is great and at the ending of the campaign was so well done it gave me a tear in my eye. Multiplayer is fun with armor abilitys are a new, cool and will stay with the game when 343 in their Halos. Forge is the best yet with it more easy to make maps. Firefight is good but not really as interresting as it was in ODsT. Overall a Amazing end to a great series of games. Halo Reach 9.5/10 Expand
  76. May 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From a single player perspective, this game has a very different feel from the other Halo games, primarily because if you know anything of the Halo universe, you know that Reach was lost. This gives the game and several intense moments a very sullen, dark feel. This is esspecially true of the slow thinning down of your team. In ODST, everything works out in the end for your squad, so the dark theme of that game is less impactful. If you play these games just to shoot stuff, you won't have a clue what I'm talking about. If, however you game for story, you've likely felt a sort of hopelessness in this game, which adds a very powerful base for all the other game's stories to launch from. Play Halo one afterwards and you fight meaner, harder. The graphics, sound, control, and variety are excellent. Most bizarre is the fantastic space mission that comes out of nowhere. Bungie most have bored and decided to try their hands at something new. Excellent game, excellent story, but the multiplayer has trouble distinguishing itself, despite the modifications. Expand
  77. May 6, 2012
    everybody is complaining about the graphics of this game, why? do you want to say you play a game because of the graphics?
    you play a game because it's fun not because it looks beautiful.
    the story of the game is good but could be better. people are complaining about the realism of this game, but games like mario or cod are realistic? in mario you are a plumber who wants to save a princes
    you play a game because it's fun not because it looks beautiful.
    the story of the game is good but could be better.
    in mario you are a plumber who wants to save a princes every f***ing time.
    and in cod you are a super-soldier how can survive everything, and if you get hit somewhere your eyes start to bleed and if they stop bleeding and you become healthy, no medpack, nothing.
    this game is actualy more balanced than cod
    people who play longer get better weapons(cod)
    everybody haves the same equiment at start or respawn(halo)
    and halo haves not so much campers( cod haves a lot)
    i know i used cod a lot in this review but it could be every other first person shooter ( since most of them are cod-copies)
  78. May 15, 2012
    Halo Reach, is defiantly the pinnacle of first person shooters in the past 5 years or so. The game's campaign is gripping and filled with Halo esc sci-fi lore. You will find yourself on recon,stealth, FULL SCALE WARFARE, FULL SCALE SPACE WARFARE, search and rescue and defensive missions. My two favorite missions in the game are the full scale warfare one and the space combat one. TheHalo Reach, is defiantly the pinnacle of first person shooters in the past 5 years or so. The game's campaign is gripping and filled with Halo esc sci-fi lore. You will find yourself on recon,stealth, FULL SCALE WARFARE, FULL SCALE SPACE WARFARE, search and rescue and defensive missions. My two favorite missions in the game are the full scale warfare one and the space combat one. The fourth mission tip of the spear is by far the best. Filled with explosions that don't feel like a Michael Bay film. Also, it's cool to have to infiltrate enemy bases on your own land. Also, it's this halo's "vehicle mission." My second favorite is the one just after it. Starting with a world war 2 style "storm the beach" into a UNSC base, only to take control of a space fighter and duke it out STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2 STYLE! (about time)
    The multi-player is more of the same...but not...Same classic modes within (CTF, slayer and such) but new ones such as Headhunter are involved where in this mode you get a skull for each kill, and the rest is self explanatory. The armor customization is REALLY GOOD. My only problem is the leveling system. I have Xbox live but i don't see anyone ranking up without it. Also, ranking is extremely easy until you get to L.t Colonel I HATE DIFFICULTY SPIKES.
    Forge is back and better then ever. With a whole level designed juts for forge. It's amazing, however because of this no one and i mean no one uses forge on any other map. I believe they should make a second forge world in a DLC.
    Fire Fight, is like forge, back with more customazation. You can customize wave after wave. However at first the editor can be confusing. Also in a future halo you should be able to set to the point how many of each enemy you want.
    Other modes are the same (theater)
    THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING AND STILL HOLDS UP TO THE NEWEST GAMES.
  79. Jun 21, 2012
    Halo Reach holds it's place in the Halo Series. It has an absolutely fantastic storyline following that of a spartan in a team of elite spartans. The game brings lots of new ideas to Halo's Table. Various new weapons, vehicles and of course, for the first time, built in armour abilities. I enjoyed this game the full way through and it even skewed away from the fps style game and went toHalo Reach holds it's place in the Halo Series. It has an absolutely fantastic storyline following that of a spartan in a team of elite spartans. The game brings lots of new ideas to Halo's Table. Various new weapons, vehicles and of course, for the first time, built in armour abilities. I enjoyed this game the full way through and it even skewed away from the fps style game and went to the space flight combat simulator. Halo 3 offered me one of my first online gaming experiences and I never found a game I enjoyed online more. Unfortunately, the online didn't hold it for me with Halo Reach. It felt like there was too much going on, too many ways to avoid being killed. The added armour bonuses left all your other halo expertise slightly useless. In saying that, it is still a GOOD online experience by all accounts. I haven't played the game in almost a year but currently the online is holding me back from my last achievement so I will consider investing more time to that game. If you the Halo universe, want more scope on the story, see and experience the legendary fall of Reach, then this is certainly a game worth buying. Expand
  80. Jul 7, 2013
    Honestly, I wish that this would have been the last Halo game to come out. I did not enjoy Halo 4 whatsoever, but I won't get into that. Halo: Reach had a very gripping story with great gameplay, a great story, and amazing characters along with it. The game honestly has quite a few sad moments as well, and if you've followed the Halo series you would know that this game doesn't have aHonestly, I wish that this would have been the last Halo game to come out. I did not enjoy Halo 4 whatsoever, but I won't get into that. Halo: Reach had a very gripping story with great gameplay, a great story, and amazing characters along with it. The game honestly has quite a few sad moments as well, and if you've followed the Halo series you would know that this game doesn't have a happy ending whether you've played it or not. It serves as a fantastic prequel to a fantastic franchise. Expand
  81. Jul 21, 2012
    Despite not being the largest bang fans wanted Bungie to end the series with, Halo Reach is still the best all round Halo game so far. While some fans may complain that Reach's storyline conflicted with Halo cannon, this is something most gamers can completely ignore as Reach's story will slowly unfold and submerse you as you play through the single player, with realistic characters thatDespite not being the largest bang fans wanted Bungie to end the series with, Halo Reach is still the best all round Halo game so far. While some fans may complain that Reach's storyline conflicted with Halo cannon, this is something most gamers can completely ignore as Reach's story will slowly unfold and submerse you as you play through the single player, with realistic characters that depict the story's emotion as remember the Spartans you will be fighting with are soldiers and not happy-go-lucky hero's. Some sequences in the campaign will feel reminiscent and almost taken from past Halo games this can be glanced over as Bungie has ditched the tedious looming corridors and repetitive missions by making every experience in the campaign completely different so you may have experienced it in previous games but not once will it repeat in the campaign itself. Although there is a bit of back tracking Bungie has smoothed this over by changing the scenery and enemies when you have to return as two missions take place in the same base but they feel like completely different environments.
    Powerups and equipment are now replaced with Armour Abilities that you can use in campaign and multi-player which include invisibility now known as active camo, the ability to shoot out a hologram as a decoy, jetpack (no real need for an explanation), a new bubble shield, sprint and armour lock an ability that makes you invincible but immobile at the same time.
    For their last game Bungie has incorporated a new recoil system called bloom which instead the standard recoiling upwards when shooting the bullets fly less accurately the longer or faster you shoot
    and you will see you reticle inflate to show you the area where your bullets may be hitting.
    While bloom may be almost unnoticeable in campaign it is in multi-player with the character models moving faster, the random bullet spread can be frustrating sometimes especially in competitive play and another thing on the MP is that over the year that Reach has been out there is a bit of unbalance in the armour abilities as with players getting to use them more they find out if they are over powered and armour lock is and as you stop when you use it, stops the gameplay as well which hurts the fun of multi-player as a lot of people use armour lock. But this only really noticeable in the core Halo gametypes as Reach offers an unprecedented amount of playlists to choose from with playlists like invasion which pitches elites verses Spartans, Grifball where two teams of four beat the living daylight out of each other in a crazed effort to get a bomb to the other side of the court, and the ever frantic, hectic, fun return of multi-team which also includes new gametypes like rockethog race and with friends multi-team is easily some of the most fun you can have on any game.
    So even though the core elements of Halo multiplayer are hurt a bit, Reach's variety in fun game modes needs to be explored to get the best out of it.
    Theatre also makes a welcome return in Reach and just like in Halo 3 you can replay, pause and record footage from your gameplay
    Possibly on of the biggest overhauls in Reach is in Forge
    Forge now has its own massive map built specifically for forging and is just simply huge and offers tons of different places ideal for creating your forge built map which is made easier to do with the ability to snap controls, edit the co-ordinates phase and phase and fix the forge piece and speaking of forge pieces there is a truck load of objects to manipulate and play with from massive Colosseum walls to crazy man canons that propel you across the map.
    So whether put painstakingly long hours into perfecting your map or just want to explode your friends in the most obscene way you will end up spending countless hours in forge.
    While the core multiplayer may not be as fun as Halo 3 which still undeniably has one of the greatest multiplayer components of all time,Halo Reach has so much variety, customization and overall accomplishment that makes it possibly the best overall first-person-shooter of this generation because of how much content it provides for the player and is a definite buy for any fan of Halo, shooter and creation.
  82. Sep 4, 2012
    Halo is a hit or miss for a lot of people, but personally I like the Halo series, and I think Reach is some of the best it has to offer. Overall for a XBox game this looks good, feels good, and the multiplayer is pretty damn fun IMO. The story here is definitely not the strongest of the series, but the single player is worth taking a look at and an absolute challenge on legendary. I noHalo is a hit or miss for a lot of people, but personally I like the Halo series, and I think Reach is some of the best it has to offer. Overall for a XBox game this looks good, feels good, and the multiplayer is pretty damn fun IMO. The story here is definitely not the strongest of the series, but the single player is worth taking a look at and an absolute challenge on legendary. I no longer own a 360 nor do I plan on it, which is not that big of deal to me except I will miss Halo 4. I do think 4 looks seriously promising. Expand
  83. Nov 17, 2012
    Bungie really did a good game here! The campaign was good and the graphics Outstanding
    Still playing the multiplayer here! The theatre and firefight are even better than ever
    Highly recomendable
  84. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is great. The campaign delivers on multiple levels, from the story and set up of C.E. to the exploring of a team of spartans to the sacrifice and what happened on reach. The included firefight is great as well, building over the ODST formula adding six new modes to the mix. The multiple is fantastic as well delivering what is expected while adding the new mechanics seamlesslyThis game is great. The campaign delivers on multiple levels, from the story and set up of C.E. to the exploring of a team of spartans to the sacrifice and what happened on reach. The included firefight is great as well, building over the ODST formula adding six new modes to the mix. The multiple is fantastic as well delivering what is expected while adding the new mechanics seamlessly into the experience. All in all a great package and well worth the price of administration, the only real negatives being the exclusion of bots for practice in offline, the relatively small number of maps for multi player and the relatively short campaign which doesn't allow for as much character development as some may desire. Overall though one of the best games for the Xbox 360 and a definite for fans of the halo series and the fps genre Expand
  85. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Campaign: Excluding the seemingly endless free for all of Spartans willing to die for their cause in seemingly (although unlikely) avoidable circumstances, too many of which went down far, far too easy. Halo Reach added some heart for me to the story, while many seem to feel for master chief I myself have always seen him as an unstoppable killing machine granted invincibility by the money train he rides to the bank for Microsoft, although there have been efforts to humanize him in outside game content. The game didn't do this purely through strength of writing for me, because in all honesty it's not the strongest in the world it did it with 3 simple mechanisms, Spartan Customization, Legendary difficulty and knowing my Halo background the knowledge of Reach's inevitable fall and by and large death of the Spartans. The customization made Noble Six me, he was my Spartan and although relatively restrictive at first, once you get into the higher ranks, you've possibly seen 50 incarnations of your Spartan developing, becoming your Avatar. Which is probably the greatest shame, that many will only have one play through using their relatively stock Spartan, robbing them of the emotional gravitas meant by seeing YOUR lid in the dust, abandoned perhaps even forgotten.
    Legendary difficulty alone made the game feel much much longer, I literally felt like I had experienced a war (albeit a very brightly coloured one where nobody really died and I had booze on demand) after a while it gets to you seeing your Spartan flung across a room time and time again as a grunt takes pot shots at your corpse. Although at times not enjoyable it did help to emphasize the story line that is at times so coldly and frigidly translated to the player. The incredible triumphs of the Spartans against impossible odds, yet still frustratingly unable to stop the seemingly unstoppable alien force despite the sacrifice of the Spartans or the horrendous casualties of the planets occupants.
    The final piece, knowing the entire time that you will lose this battle, if you managed to form any attachment to the ai, knowing that each of their deaths were not just more than likely but demanded by the story line, knowing that unless your kick ass noble 6 has been laying low the entire rest of the war waiting for some tax evasion charges to "blow over", that your avatar themselves were not going to make it through Reach. The opportunity is there for this emotional connection to be made and it is unfortunate that the fast food culture of much of the fan base will mean many will "wham bam thank you ma'am" take their achievements and move on, but as stated how the story is portrayed does it no favours and is ultimately why I can't give the game 10/10.
    Game Play: As ever very well balanced simple controls which the series helped sculpt as the go to layout for FPS (except for having to hold a button to kneel but this can be rectified) making it more than easy to pick up and play. Large assortment of weapons to suit all styles of play although a few very clearly over powered in the right hands and situation (myself with a sniper rifle in any open environment has no doubt cause frustration in a few online). Large amount of varied enemy's with their own play style, although especially on lower difficulty's their IQ reminds me of Brick in Anchorman. Maps online are generally undeniably balanced if nothing else, the rest is personal preference.
    Online: Although generally filled with the most frustrating **** wits with 0 respect that they are communicating with other human beings on the other end of the line and everybody else on a solid 0 communication unable to team work in an effort to avoid the other half of the spectrum. Online is still the pinnacle of the Bungie Era Halo experience and at the time of release the undeniable king of get your mates round and have a pick up and play laugh session online, while still offering a more hard-core experience for those with some hours under their belt.
    There are numerous game modes varying from those that may almost be pointless, to my personal favourite the nail biting SWAT where a second can cost your whole team the round. Firefight is repetitive in the long run but again always good for a pick up and play session in (WHY DON'T MORE GAMES HAVE IT) 4 player split screen or 4 player Co-op online.
    Overview: Halo has to be acknowledged in the genre it is intending to be, not criticized for failing to be a more hard-core FPS like Battlefield or the extensive role playing of Skyrim or the story of The Walking Dead. It is a Sci Fi Arcade Shooter, it nails that bracket to the wall, the day they try and market it as a harrowing tale of one mans fight to make it through an endless war in an uncaring universe and coming to grips that when he returns home he may not be the man he was and then produce this is the day sub 70% scores are justified. 9/10 - Work on portraying the story, if time nudity never hurts.
  86. Oct 3, 2017
    Perhaps the best and most unique Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Reach serves as a nice sendoff from Bungie to Halo. The inclusion of Halo 3: ODST's refined Firefight mode is welcome and serves as an option aside from the standard single player and multiplayer.
  87. Feb 7, 2013
    Halo: Reach is awesome! After ODST, I was "Haloed out" you might say and I didn't think Bungie had anymore ideas for another Halo game. I was completely wrong! Halo: Reach's story is great and I won't give away the ending, but it is very sad to see all you have worked for. The original guns have improved and Bungie added some new guns like the DMR. I find it satisfying when I shoot gruntsHalo: Reach is awesome! After ODST, I was "Haloed out" you might say and I didn't think Bungie had anymore ideas for another Halo game. I was completely wrong! Halo: Reach's story is great and I won't give away the ending, but it is very sad to see all you have worked for. The original guns have improved and Bungie added some new guns like the DMR. I find it satisfying when I shoot grunts in the head with a one shot with a DMR and hear that Birthday celebration all day long. Most of partners you work with a very fun to be around and can be funny. Firefight is another thing I find fun in Halo: Reach. Millions of Grunts, Jackles, Elites, etc coming at you shooting you from every corner and you taking them down one by one. God is that A nice feeling after you take all those enemies down. Last what makes me love Halo: Reach is the multiplayer. Its the best mulitiplayer I have ever played and its better than pretty much of all the Call of Duty's mulitplayer in my opinion. Halo: Reach is great, try to get this game from like a Gamestop or some place. Its great! Expand
  88. Jun 27, 2013
    The real jewel in Halo: Reach is its campaign mode. One of my main issues with Halo 3 was its bland campaign. Halo: Reach fixes this issue. The story here is awesome, full of cool characters, awesome set pieces, and actual moments of grief and sadness. It's probably the best story of any Halo game to date, and it continues to impress me even after multiple playthroughs. Another awesomeThe real jewel in Halo: Reach is its campaign mode. One of my main issues with Halo 3 was its bland campaign. Halo: Reach fixes this issue. The story here is awesome, full of cool characters, awesome set pieces, and actual moments of grief and sadness. It's probably the best story of any Halo game to date, and it continues to impress me even after multiple playthroughs. Another awesome addition to reach was the improved Forge mode. Nothing is more fun than going to Forge world, giving your characters super human abilities (like jumping up 20 meters and running faster than a vehicle) and having an all out brawl.
    The multiplayer is just a refined version of Halo 3, which is not a bad thing.

Reach is one of the best Halo games to date, and it's definitely worthy of your attention.
  89. Feb 24, 2013
    The game sucks. It was only fun for a year and a half.

It is really repetitive. There was NO variety in the game AT ALL. The level design sucked. The game takes no skill to play. This is THE WORST FPS EVER MADE. It sucks so bad.
  90. Mar 17, 2013
    Halo: Reach is a great first person shooter with some of the best multiplayer you can find on the Xbox 360, It is also easily one of the best exclusive games for the Xbox 360. Even if the story mode is not very interesting, It works well as a prequel to the original trilogy of Halo games. There is a great amount of depth to this game with it's multiplayer content and Bungie should beHalo: Reach is a great first person shooter with some of the best multiplayer you can find on the Xbox 360, It is also easily one of the best exclusive games for the Xbox 360. Even if the story mode is not very interesting, It works well as a prequel to the original trilogy of Halo games. There is a great amount of depth to this game with it's multiplayer content and Bungie should be commended for delivering a fantastic Halo game to close off there time with the franchise, If you have an Xbox 360 then this is one to pick up. Expand
  91. May 10, 2013
    The game is epic, better than Halo: 3 in every possible ways. I love the voice acting and the story/ending the most, also I love all the missions/levels, this is the only halo game or FPS game that has a true character focus. a must buy.
  92. Mar 18, 2013
    I miss that this was the LAST Bungie game they made. I was hoping for more, they 343 bought it from them. This game is awesome and still is, it just lacks with the community in which people think that it ''sucks'' but really they never played it.
  93. Aug 29, 2013
    The last game from Bungie is amazing a decent story great characters,a long campaign and a good ending,the amazing multiplayer,Forge,Theater and Firefight
    The campaign is really really good
    The Forge and theater is improved and the multiplayer is even more refined and extremely deep and the matchmaking is superb and the Firefight mode is so fun and has unlimited replay value
  94. May 6, 2013
    Not just another Halo reboot, Halo Reach takes all the excitement and gameplay that you know and love, and raises them to a new level of sheer awesome might. The engine has been totally redesigned; more of a detailed, next-gen-esque kind of visual. Two additional mechanics are included into the ebb and flow of combat; one allows you to sneak behind and enemy, unawares, and assassinate himNot just another Halo reboot, Halo Reach takes all the excitement and gameplay that you know and love, and raises them to a new level of sheer awesome might. The engine has been totally redesigned; more of a detailed, next-gen-esque kind of visual. Two additional mechanics are included into the ebb and flow of combat; one allows you to sneak behind and enemy, unawares, and assassinate him with lethal force. Another includes various accessory-like items attached to your armor, enabling you to perform different offensive and defensive capabilites.
    The story is one to be loved; as Halo fans should already know, Reach will eventually be taken over by the covenant, in doing so wiping out the remaining Spartan forces in the known universe. The events in the campaign take place just days before this happens, as you play an unnamed Spartan III dubbed, 'Noble 6,' just one soldier operating in the uber-elite spartan Noble squad. As you progress, (as in multiplayer,) you will garner credits which will enable you to purchase different armor pieces to your liking, (purely cosmetic.)
    One of the best qualities about the campaign itself is that you don't need to be a loyal halo fan in order to enjoy it, since the story preludes all the events leading up to the awakening of Master Chief in Halo: Combat Evolved.
    For Halo fans and shooter/actions fans alike, this game is a must have.
  95. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is just so good the series now has some new power ups to use in the game they 's:
    jet pack, sprint, a decoy to use which works pretty well vs other people it stand somewhere and won't do a thing but then you can lob a grenade if they close to it,
    the camouflage basic ly turns you in visible until you run so moving slow is the best way to use this little gadget, drop shield gives you a shield to reflect bullets, armour lock the guy will fall on his knees and punch the floor so the guy who use it will be immortal for the time being but the biggest drawback is that you're open to attack after you done it.

Well single player is always the same apart from when you have to fly this ship and shoot down other ships, single player can be a bit dull and boring at times.

My biggest fave of all time for Halo Reach is the big multiplayer option and so many game modes on it up to 8 players with 2 360 's they can join in.

My fave mode is infection or zombie mode where one person is this zombie with high life and a good weapon and must infect others by killing them.
    Can sound easy but it's not.

That's not all, they is the on line mode too with other players.

So any Halo fan would love this 10/10
  96. Apr 2, 2013
    Halo Reach is a great game for the Xbox 360 and I would definitely recommend it. The campaign was definitely my favorite part about the game. The campaign had an amazing story with a lot of twists and turns. It had memorable characters and was fairly lengthy. This makes it one of the best campaigns ever and definitely the best campaign of the Halo series. The online multiplayer was great,Halo Reach is a great game for the Xbox 360 and I would definitely recommend it. The campaign was definitely my favorite part about the game. The campaign had an amazing story with a lot of twists and turns. It had memorable characters and was fairly lengthy. This makes it one of the best campaigns ever and definitely the best campaign of the Halo series. The online multiplayer was great, but it was not the best of the FPS's out there. I felt that Halo 3, Halo 4, MW2, and BLOPS 2 had slightly better online multiplayer. Overall I still give this game a 9 out of 10. Expand
  97. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Halo Reach in many cases, is the last hurrah for Bungie. This is truly the complete package we have been waiting for, and it goes out with a bang. This package comes with an explosive campaign that fires on all cylinders as it tells the tale of Noble team as they desperately try to secure Reach from Covenant control. This tale is not the most intricately woven, but it is the most polishedHalo Reach in many cases, is the last hurrah for Bungie. This is truly the complete package we have been waiting for, and it goes out with a bang. This package comes with an explosive campaign that fires on all cylinders as it tells the tale of Noble team as they desperately try to secure Reach from Covenant control. This tale is not the most intricately woven, but it is the most polished in terms of setpieces and gameplay. The variety in missions and what one can do within it is astounding. The next part of the package is the extremely customizable firefight. It's what we've seen from ODST, but the options to tweak the game is so vast and varied. Next up is the newly polished multiplayer. It's better than ever with rebalance on most occasions and my only gripe is the small number of maps. Next up is the fantastic forge. I spent hours on end on this newly improved forge because of the maps and objects that one could create. Finally there is the theater which is mostly the same carried over form Halo 3. My major gripes with this game are the unforgiving checkpoints and some forced storytelling at key points. All in all this is the most feature rich package in a videogame to date. Bungie delivered something that both the hardcore and casual fans can both dive into, and spend days into exploring the legacy this studio left behind. Expand
  98. Apr 21, 2013
    I have loved Halo since the first, and still love it, Excellent guns, challenging elites, and customizable Firefight. The thing that keeps this game from the 10 is the graphics. If you just play it, you won't notice it, but if you compare it to other games released at the time, The graphics seem to be lacking
  99. Apr 25, 2013
    This game has a very interesting story plot it is a great game and it deserves to be in many people gaming collection No it dose not have solider 117 john But honestly it doesn't really need that it is based on events that have occurred before halo 1 And if your a halo fan you should really test this game out its a great game
  100. Jun 6, 2013
    After 3 years on the market how the game stands today?
    After 3 years on the market how the game stands today?
    Single Player: Played most of the halo games, and i was never intrigued or interested in the Halo universe/story. Halo reach is the first game in the series that i was actually interested the story. Fighting a war were you know the outcome from the beginning... fighting against the odds, losing most battles, the final stage... all create an engaging atmosphere. 7/10 GOOD

MULTIPLAYER: 3 years after its release there are thousands of people still playing online!!! Huge variety of modes and options.. i truly enjoyed playing competitive matches. One of the best multyplayer experiences in the current gen. 10/10

3 years after its release, and at the end of the current gen, this game highly recommended.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved all the other Halo games, there's little I can say to dissuade you from purchasing Bungie's last creation in the Halo series.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Halo: Reach is not a breakthrough, yet it's a clear showcase of Bungie's creative growth. The game is hardly a "must buy" – its single-player campaign is way too short and uneven in quality, while multiplayer has very little room for expansion besides map packs and useless character decorations. But with that said, Reach is worthy of your attention for a couple of evenings.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Almost achieves the impossible and fulfills the hype. Among the best shooters ever created. [Issue#231, p.82]