Halo: Reach Xbox 360

8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2060 Ratings

1. Sep 14, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing just like every other Halo in the series (except Halo 3: ODST which was good but wasn't great). The muliplayer is so well done, Firefight is greatly improved, Forge is also vastly improved and the campaign is just awesome as well. Bungie provided us with many years (almost 10 years) of great Halo games and the last game (Halo Reach) does not disappoint.
  2. DME
    Mar 27, 2011
    Epic Campain, extremely balanced multiplayer, incredibly deep Forge Mode (even though it is difficult to use), lots of customization for private and offline matches. The only problem I have is that there is hardly anything to buy with the credits you earn besides armor. Reach is awesome fun with friends and decent when alone.
  3. Sep 18, 2010
    My opinion best multi player game out there, campaign is not quite up as high up but the story is great considering you probably know how it ends,armor customization probably one of the best features, only con for me is that this game will lower your grades in school, yes you will put off your work/schoolwork to play Halo Reach.
  4. Oct 17, 2010
    The best game in the entire series. This is a great installment to the Halo games. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn't appreciate the formula, which can be just as intense as COD with next to no frustration factor. I really don't understand the low user reviews here, I guess this is what happens when you let idiots who aren't experienced reviewers rate games!
  5. Oct 29, 2012
    With Halo: Reach, Bungie wanted to go out on a high and other than a few grumbles about the game
  6. Sep 16, 2010
    This game looks good. But, with no Master Chief, no. With him not being a part of Reach, this game is an automatic failure. The gameplay is good, but there is NO way that you can say it is even anywhere near the best game ever. The best game ever, my friend, that goes to Grand Theft Auto IV. This is Halo 3, but worse.
  7. Dec 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Reach doesn't reach the quality of previous Halo games. Not even ODST. Sure it's great, that the gameplay changes, but this time the changes made the game only worse. Campaign is interesting at first, but the potential is horribly missed. Even though it has a lot of variation, it's way worse compared to previous campaigns. Deaths of Spartans just feel pointless. Why? Because there isin't really any kind of character development, making you feel nothing about it, what Bungie would have probably wanted you to feel. Second problem is the levels. You might think, that you will get epic fights and such, but Bungie didn't do anything like that. Space battle is ok, but it didn't feel as good as firefights in the rest of the time. Potential is horribly missed, but the epilogue level is great. What about multiplayer? It isin't really better than campaign. Bloom slows down already slow gameplay. Jumping and player speed has been reduced for armour abilities. Ridicolous aim assist, which allows shots to be hit even, if you just went to cover. Maps are horrible and grenades are ridicolously overpowered. You can't jump to avoid grenade damage and you will die from grenade, if you have suffered only 5% damage to the shields. Sprint + Energy Sword is now overpowered combo, because of lack of blocking. If you want to buy Halo game, buy Halo 3 instead. This game is just bad. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2010
    Pros:
    - Plenty of cool new weapons.
    - Armor Abilities are a major step up from Halo 3's Equipment. - Space combat in the Sabre is AWESOME. - Loads of options for customizing Multiplayer. - Firefight is back, with Matchmaking! - Wonderful graphics and a remixed color palette make this the most visually impressive of the series. - Music, sound effects and voice acting are top-notch. - Core
    Pros:
    - Plenty of cool new weapons.
    - Armor Abilities are a major step up from Halo 3's Equipment.
    - Space combat in the Sabre is AWESOME.
    - Loads of options for customizing Multiplayer.
    - Firefight is back, with Matchmaking!
    - Music, sound effects and voice acting are top-notch.
    - Core gameplay is the Halo you know and love.

Cons:
    - The campaign still seems a bit too short...
    - Squadmate AI seems to have gotten dumber.
    - No boss battles or Scarab fights. Tougher enemies like Hunters and Wraiths are few and far between. - I can live without dual-wielding, but only 4 grenades (2 plasma/2 frag)? WTF, Bungie?
    - Not a big deal, but it's been bugging me a little bit: Why exactly is running an Armor Ability? Shouldn't a super-soldier of the future ALWAYS be able to run?

Conclusion:
    I highly recommend that everyone who owns an Xbox 360 at least try this game. I'm not convinced that it is superior to Halo 3, but it's a close competition. The pros far outweigh the cons. Even if you find the Campaign to be too brief (as I did), Firefight and Multiplayer should offer plenty of fun.
  9. Sep 20, 2010
    Halo: reach is easily the best game yet in the Halo series. Previous Halo games could not stand up very well in the graphics department, but Reach is a graphical powerhouse, with incredible detail in textures and phenomenal weapon effects. The audio work is brilliant and the gameplay is more fluid than ever. This is Halo's best single player campaign yet, and the multiplayer is soHalo: reach is easily the best game yet in the Halo series. Previous Halo games could not stand up very well in the graphics department, but Reach is a graphical powerhouse, with incredible detail in textures and phenomenal weapon effects. The audio work is brilliant and the gameplay is more fluid than ever. This is Halo's best single player campaign yet, and the multiplayer is so feature-rich, it should last you for years.

This is the ultimate Halo game, and a true contender for Game of the Year 2010.
  10. Sep 20, 2010
    Those who claim this is the "Best Multiplayer Game EVAR!111!" have obviously never touched a fantastic multiplayer shooter like Team Fortress 2 on the PC, or have simply forgotten how amazing Halo 2's multiplayer on the Xbox was.
  11. Sep 16, 2010
    Amazing Game. Lived up to all the hype. The campaign is short but sweet full of amazing moments. Firefight is a lot better than it was in ODST, with matchmaking now. Forge World is stunning and powerful, letting you create your own maps with ease. And the Online is the greatest multiplayer feature in any game ever made.
  12. Sep 23, 2010
    Halo 3 was nowhere near as impressive as the new Reach, the graphics and environments are eye poppingly beautiful, the audio and music is atmospheric and powerful, and the story, well, it's there. Most people play the game for the sake of playing the game, and I'm no exception. This is Halo on Steroids, big, beautiful, loud, explosive and a treat to play. Don't expect much new gameplayHalo 3 was nowhere near as impressive as the new Reach, the graphics and environments are eye poppingly beautiful, the audio and music is atmospheric and powerful, and the story, well, it's there. Most people play the game for the sake of playing the game, and I'm no exception. This is Halo on Steroids, big, beautiful, loud, explosive and a treat to play. Don't expect much new gameplay here, but count on an awesome time in front of your big screen. It's a must-buy for ANY Xbox owner. Expand
  13. Sep 23, 2010
    Halo Reach is the best game in the Halo series to date. There is so much to do and see in this game it is overwhelming. A must buy for anyone with an Xbox 360!
  14. Dec 3, 2010
    This is the perfect Halo game. The campaign is dark and fantastic, multiplayer is as addicting as ever, and custom games and forge mode will keep creative gamers busy for months.
  15. Nov 14, 2010
    A very good game indeed, although people say it's just Halo 3 again, it's not. Yes, it plays quite similarly, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE!!! The Halo 2 engine is a good engine, it is solid and makes for fun game play, so why not? Quite a lot of things have changed, health is back, there's loads of new guns, new multiplayer modes, vehicles, etc. Some games have configurableA very good game indeed, although people say it's just Halo 3 again, it's not. Yes, it plays quite similarly, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE!!! The Halo 2 engine is a good engine, it is solid and makes for fun game play, so why not? Quite a lot of things have changed, health is back, there's loads of new guns, new multiplayer modes, vehicles, etc. Some games have configurable classes as well. The campaign in really good, with lots of diversity in missions. Firefight is back, and Forge has been overhauled so you can make some very imaginative maps in the Forge World. Also you can get ranks and XP offline as well. There's massive character customisation too. If you can imagine changing your spartan or elite, you can do it, and you have to buy these things with XP.

The graphics didn't come across as spectacular, but I was playing on a 46" HDTV so any visual flaws were probably heightened. Also I felt we could have done with some more MP maps, there aren't very many at the moment, and they are all bits from the campaign. Not as interesting as Halo 3's maps. Hope DLCs are on the way.

Very fun. Overall much better than CoD: Black Ops. You're missing out, PS3 gamers.
  16. Sep 14, 2010
    The best Halo yet, hands down. Intense Campaign, great multiplayer and community support, infinitely improved forge and firefight. If you are a Halo fan or love solid gameplay then you will love this game.
  17. Sep 21, 2010
    Now i am a halo fanboy and for 6 years i have thought that halo 1 is the best in the series. Reach topped that and it is now my favorite game of all time. Campaign is only 6-8 hours but thats just a small part of the game. Multiplayer is fun as hell with over about 20 game modes. It's got firefight that is like horde from gears. Online 4 people can play the campaign together. It's myNow i am a halo fanboy and for 6 years i have thought that halo 1 is the best in the series. Reach topped that and it is now my favorite game of all time. Campaign is only 6-8 hours but thats just a small part of the game. Multiplayer is fun as hell with over about 20 game modes. It's got firefight that is like horde from gears. Online 4 people can play the campaign together. It's my favorite game of all time and i've bought every halo that's ever came out. I give it a 10. Expand
  18. Sep 15, 2010
    This is the best Halo game yet. That being said, if you don't like Halo games, you probably won't like this one. The gameplay is very open, there's very little "corridor shooting" like some other shooters (including earlier Halo titles). The graphics are expansive and detailed at the same time. There's a lot of detail, and the up-close details are very nuanced. The online is absolutelyThis is the best Halo game yet. That being said, if you don't like Halo games, you probably won't like this one. The gameplay is very open, there's very little "corridor shooting" like some other shooters (including earlier Halo titles). The graphics are expansive and detailed at the same time. There's a lot of detail, and the up-close details are very nuanced. The online is absolutely packed; even if you don't usually like playing with foul-mouthed little ten-year olds (which is common), you can probably find some good co-op online. My only gripe is the audio track - there's no way to tone down the music volume (or turn it off), I know Bungie is in love with their musical scores (and in fairness it's really good), but I generally like to play with the dialogue and action volume up and the music score turned down. Overall, I'm really liking this Halo. Expand
  19. Sep 15, 2010
    If your looking for depth you can find it in Reach. You won't find a game like this for the ps3 or the wii. The campaign couldn't be more perfect (unless it just came out and said at the end that there is going to be Halo 4) the multi-player is spotless and the worlds are beautiful. This game would have been your daddy but a dog beat it over the fence.
  20. Jun 30, 2012
    Halo: Reach very good game on xbox 360 and like part from Halo 3 halo 3 odst and i like any game is name halo ! my score 8/10 ... and this game the best game shooter on xbox 360 and we need see halo 4 how the game come to gamer ! by adil khojah
  21. Oct 2, 2010
    So fanboys and haters are all that seem to review this game, so here's an unbiased review: I was never a big fan of Halo and yet it's still easy for me to say that this was a great game. The online play doesn't offer much customization other than appearance so in that respect I'm a little disappointed. The story, while short, is very re-playable. It's more of a game to play with friends asSo fanboys and haters are all that seem to review this game, so here's an unbiased review: I was never a big fan of Halo and yet it's still easy for me to say that this was a great game. The online play doesn't offer much customization other than appearance so in that respect I'm a little disappointed. The story, while short, is very re-playable. It's more of a game to play with friends as co-op and firefight are a hell of a lot of fun, but otherwise, you'll be putting it down after a week unless you're a die hard fan. Expand
  22. Nov 20, 2010
    Halo being one of the most famous games out there as it defined the fps genre and the sci-fi one. The single player is simple with a decent story filling in some gaps and making you feel like you are an actual part of the game plus it can be played in co-op as well, the single player will only last you a day or two with challenges making you come back now and again it is really fun with aHalo being one of the most famous games out there as it defined the fps genre and the sci-fi one. The single player is simple with a decent story filling in some gaps and making you feel like you are an actual part of the game plus it can be played in co-op as well, the single player will only last you a day or two with challenges making you come back now and again it is really fun with a bit of variety but nothing majorly new 8/10.

Multiplayer, well it has been revamped completely with the addition of the new armour abilities that make an impact on the battlefield, the game modes however have stayed relatively the same with the exception of the new playlist arena which is Reach's take on MLG. Overall the credit system and ranking up will keep you entertained with the multiplayer for hours on end, the credit system is Reach's currency you use it ti buy things uch as new armour or armour effects and with the challenges which are updated daily and weekly will keep you playing more and more of the game it will even get you playing modes that you don't normally play.

Forge, a welcome return back to the Halo universe with the community already teaming with spectacular inventions that are available to view and download via the file share community. The tools are a lot more professional allowing you to do a lot of crazy things and build some really good maps and with the addition of Forge World you can go in with friends build and have a laugh with this massive map 9/10.

Graphics have changed drastically showing off a more realistic and retro styled Halo which fits seeing as it is a prequel, the sound is good and the face cap is brilliant along with the environment graphics, Reach is the one of the few games I have seen where they have captured dropping rain so perfectly 10/10
  23. Nov 13, 2010
    This game is great everything good in past halos is in this one and this is by far the best campaign of the series.
    Although there is a frame rate drop sometimes and the ai is not always at its best this is one of the best shooters this year
  24. Sep 18, 2010
    Halo: Reach is Nearly a Flawless Game, The Multiplayer is Practically Impossible to Improve and The Single Player Campaign is One of the best of the Halo Franchise. But it did not have that enjoyable feel that the First 3 Halo's had. At least it was alot better then Halo: Wars and Halo 3: ODST which were not that good.
  25. Sep 28, 2010
    Probably the only reason why I gave a lower than expected score is because the whole gameplay experience is dull... well, it's still the same thing with no improvements and the vehicle controls are still god-awful. The plot.. it's Halo, the plot is not the driving force and it never will be but Reach manage to make me feel for most of the characters so... Kudos. Graphics is nice, music isProbably the only reason why I gave a lower than expected score is because the whole gameplay experience is dull... well, it's still the same thing with no improvements and the vehicle controls are still god-awful. The plot.. it's Halo, the plot is not the driving force and it never will be but Reach manage to make me feel for most of the characters so... Kudos. Graphics is nice, music is forgettable (as always) and there's always certain minor flaws waiting to jump on you when you're enjoying yourself too much on this game. In conclusion, it's doesn't suck since they basically mirror almost everything from the previous game-engine but sadly it carries the flaws too. Expand
  26. Sep 19, 2010
    With this being Bungies last HALO I was expecting this to top them all in terms of graphics , weapons and vehicles. The graphics are way better than Halo 3 so to that I must say they succeeded. There was also additional weapons in this version such as the target designator that acts much like the Hammer of dawn in Gears and a few other rifles and upgrades to previous weapons. As far asWith this being Bungies last HALO I was expecting this to top them all in terms of graphics , weapons and vehicles. The graphics are way better than Halo 3 so to that I must say they succeeded. There was also additional weapons in this version such as the target designator that acts much like the Hammer of dawn in Gears and a few other rifles and upgrades to previous weapons. As far as vehicles, this game lets you go into space for around 15-20 minutes which was a nice diversion. With all of the changes they still managed to keep it feel like halo which everyone enjoys. The only downside is the single player is short and while mp is endless fun I still wish SP Was a bit longer. overall well worth 60.00 with lots of replay value. Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2010
    Halo Reach did everything that past halo games did not do right and then some. An excellent story, fun campaign, great multiplayer, and tons of features. This game is one of the best shooters that i have played if not the best. The multiplayer has so many more modes and features. This includes invasion, headhunter, and generator defense. This is a perfect game. I have nothing negative toHalo Reach did everything that past halo games did not do right and then some. An excellent story, fun campaign, great multiplayer, and tons of features. This game is one of the best shooters that i have played if not the best. The multiplayer has so many more modes and features. This includes invasion, headhunter, and generator defense. This is a perfect game. I have nothing negative to say about it and it completely deserves a 10/10. Expand
  28. Sep 14, 2010
    Bob Jackson is right when he sais the AI is bad, but the story telling is good. I actually think the best part of this is that it continues the HALO world without stripping and reducing the game down to a stupid shooting game. And that's what HALO is in general, but this one has a nice little twist to it.
  29. Sep 15, 2010
    The first Halo was simply revolutionary, it implemented a bunch of the features we see on most games nowadays, from the Shield (Recovering after cover) to the whole multiplayer experience. The second one added certain details we lacked on the first, and focused on the multiplayer. From the third on, it's a repeating cycle; the same game with different maps. Having played them all, it'sThe first Halo was simply revolutionary, it implemented a bunch of the features we see on most games nowadays, from the Shield (Recovering after cover) to the whole multiplayer experience. The second one added certain details we lacked on the first, and focused on the multiplayer. From the third on, it's a repeating cycle; the same game with different maps. Having played them all, it's getting old, we have already experienced all of it's features in the past, and we keep getting the same. I'd hate to agree with the 'trolls' bashing the game because of it's hype, but it seems they do have a point. Nevertheless, it's a fun and dedicated game, but come on Bungie, you have the potential to give us some more! Expand
  30. Apr 24, 2011
    Halo Reach is a good game; armour abilities give Halo a much needed bit of innovation, and the weaponry is quite different to previous Halo titles. The campaign is enjoyable and proves a challenge on Normal difficulty. I have yet to attempt it with my mates on Legendary but expect it to be difficult. The story is good, and the characters sculpted nicely before the inevitable conclusion.Halo Reach is a good game; armour abilities give Halo a much needed bit of innovation, and the weaponry is quite different to previous Halo titles. The campaign is enjoyable and proves a challenge on Normal difficulty. I have yet to attempt it with my mates on Legendary but expect it to be difficult. The story is good, and the characters sculpted nicely before the inevitable conclusion. The multiplayer is where this game is brilliant value-for-money; many many modes from infection to classic team deathmatch, with anything from 4v4 to 9v9 games, you're sure to find something to play and there are many maps, some huge, some nice and intricate. Forge mode returns, but on a grand scale, with an enormous world on which to create a map. Firefight also returns, with Xbox LIVE support and very in depth settings to tweak how you wish. This game is literally jam packed with content and it's hard to fault it in any way or do anything but recommend buying. I enjoyed it, but it didn't strike that same special feeling as I got when I played Combat Evolved all those year ago. 3/5. Expand
  31. Nov 2, 2010
    this game is an absolute must have! everything that was wrong with it HAS NOW BEEN FIXED!!! it really shines in its multiplayer. the new weapons are great. i especially like the new battle rifle. one thing that has been fixed that me and many others have complained about is the amount shots it takes to kill a person. Bungie made it a lot easier to kill someone and it has the game a wholethis game is an absolute must have! everything that was wrong with it HAS NOW BEEN FIXED!!! it really shines in its multiplayer. the new weapons are great. i especially like the new battle rifle. one thing that has been fixed that me and many others have complained about is the amount shots it takes to kill a person. Bungie made it a lot easier to kill someone and it has the game a whole lot more fun. if you do not get game you will miss out on the best and the last Halo game that Bungie Is making. Expand
  32. Sep 27, 2010
    I've played all the Halo's going back to the original on the XBOX. This is the best Halo, it looks better, it plays better, it has more options, more features, more everything. Now, as far as campaign goes, let's face it, Halo CE is unbeatable, its like a new Star Wars movie trying to beat the original Star Wars...CAN'T BE DONE! It's a classic for a reason. Still, this campaign is a funI've played all the Halo's going back to the original on the XBOX. This is the best Halo, it looks better, it plays better, it has more options, more features, more everything. Now, as far as campaign goes, let's face it, Halo CE is unbeatable, its like a new Star Wars movie trying to beat the original Star Wars...CAN'T BE DONE! It's a classic for a reason. Still, this campaign is a fun one.

Obviously there is significant amount of those who post reviews just to hate on a game, you'd be wise to ignore them. I find very little merit to most of their arguments, none that even bear repeating.

The only thing missing is all my friends who grew up and don't play video games any more...we would have had a lot of fun LAN partying this game. As it is online is great. Too bad the online community of games is so ruthless in their language. I simply have mute set as the default and only use party chat with friends. While this hurts teamwork...if you are a person of normal maturity level, you'd be wise to do the same. The other annoying thing online is players who are not there to play the game, just there to be "tools" and/or quit in the middle of a game. I can't really blame the game makers for this, its just something to be aware of that could negatively impact your online experience.
  33. Nov 10, 2010
    I'm still playing it every day, it's pretty darn good. Being a huge Halo fan I can honestly say it has the potential to be the best in the series. Chock full of features, and updated gameplay and graphics while adhering at it's core to the Halo formula is done well. I'm reviewing months after release for a reason however, to make sure I'm not caught up in the initial "glow". As bungieI'm still playing it every day, it's pretty darn good. Being a huge Halo fan I can honestly say it has the potential to be the best in the series. Chock full of features, and updated gameplay and graphics while adhering at it's core to the Halo formula is done well. I'm reviewing months after release for a reason however, to make sure I'm not caught up in the initial "glow". As bungie continues to tweak the playlists, and the game mechanics themselves ( as they tend to do to meet community wishes ), it could be a 10. For now, it's an 8. Expand
  34. Sep 23, 2010
    While a lot of people say Bungie has done nothing new with Reach, I just say they haven't played yet. Armour abilities, an extensive cosmetic armoury and a graphics quality to die for. The story was a little iffy at points but the action more than makes up for it. The multiplayer is fun and rewarding. It's consistent, balanced, and hectic to say the least. Also, don't compare this to MW. AWhile a lot of people say Bungie has done nothing new with Reach, I just say they haven't played yet. Armour abilities, an extensive cosmetic armoury and a graphics quality to die for. The story was a little iffy at points but the action more than makes up for it. The multiplayer is fun and rewarding. It's consistent, balanced, and hectic to say the least. Also, don't compare this to MW. A military game and a sci-fi game cannot be compared. Also I don't understand what people mean about the graphics being poor. Obviously they don't know the technical side behind it all. Higher resolution textures than have ever been on the x-box, higher poly models than have ever been on the x-box and shadowing and specular quality I have never seen on a console. I guess you need to know to see. Overall, great graphics, great multiplayer, awesome action and a story that holds replay value. Seriously, stop comparing this to MW2 and compare to other sci-fi shooters like Crysis. Which it is ultimately better than. Expand
  35. May 11, 2011
    The game is certainly a Halo game which is both good and bad. Bad in the sense that the gameplay mechanics definitely feel very dated - it almost feels like an old-school FPS game. Good thing is, it's probably the best old-school style FPS game you can find. The story is lacking. I found it better on the second play through on legendary but I read a lot of the Halo lore after my firstThe game is certainly a Halo game which is both good and bad. Bad in the sense that the gameplay mechanics definitely feel very dated - it almost feels like an old-school FPS game. Good thing is, it's probably the best old-school style FPS game you can find. The story is lacking. I found it better on the second play through on legendary but I read a lot of the Halo lore after my first completion, which I supposed drew me into the world more so than the actual game did. Really, it's just follow the mission objectives without any real character development or drama. Many other FPS games have a better story. The graphics at times are very nice but often there's a ghosting or frame rate problem. It's a shame to say that you just get used to them, notwithstanding, the textures are great and there's some beautiful vistas - I just wish it ran better. The old excuse that "it like a sand box" fail, because the actual fighting areas don't seem much larger than most other games. It's either bungie or 360, but it's not a very smooth looking game. The MP also feels very dated, especially considering - with the exception of big team battle - most games are only 8 people. But strangely I can't stop playing the game, it's very addictive in its simplicity. I own Halo 1, 2 and 3; after 3 I thought I was finished with the Halo series because that game was terrible on every level but Reach is a very very good game. It's not game of the year, but if you love shooters and can stand a great old-school style FPS game Reach will give you your money's worth. I know I've said a lot of negative things about Reach, yet gave it a 9. The reason being is that I love playing it and I don't know why. The MP is so basic compared to my fav BFBC2 and even MW2 but running around trying to headshot people currently is dam fun. Oh, and jetpacks are a must for all FPS games from now on, there's so much potential for proper platforming. EDIT: Changed review from 9/10 to 10/10. I've played and loved the campaign 4 times over and logged many hours into MP now. This game is the piece de resistance of the Halo series. Expand
  36. Sep 24, 2010
    There seems to be a lot of people here ranting that anyone who gives this game a low score is a fan boy and then saying something like "Halo is the best game ever 10/10" Um? Really? Isnt there a little tiny bit of hypocrisy there?

Halo is supposed to be the pioneering game for XBox. It defines the consoles success. MW2 is the fastest selling game. So if theyre that big and that good then why cant they have dedicated servers?! If Battlefield has it and it works perfectly well then surely the supposed "biggest 2 games of all time" can and should have it. It certainly eliminates the annoyance of host migration when youre just 1 bullet away from killing someone and suddenly everything stops and the screen goes black while the host changes.

The campaign for Halo was unimpressive and for large parts quite boring and repetitive. Still probably better than CoD ripping off The Rock or Enemy At The Gates or probably Apocalypse Now or something now theyre in Vietnam for Black Ops. CoD fans can hush about CoD campaigns being amazing. They obviously havnt played Mass Effect 2. Thats how a campaign should be. The Halo universe is barely a scratch on MEs branching storylines and character relations. Reach has huge balance issues especially in its Invasion game mode and also its spawn points. I spawned in the same room as 4 guys in the blue team earlier. The problem was that I was on Red Team and on SWAT I think you can imagine the amount of holes that put in my head before I even took 1 step.

Halo better than CoD, less consistent than Battlefield. Reach also has The Cage, possibly the worst multiplayer map ever in any game and its even got more contenders to that title in its 8 non forge map roster. It falls between the 2 for me with a 7.5.
  37. Sep 18, 2010
    If you're a casual player who has money to burn or a spineless game reviewer then you will probably like this game. If you're a serious shooter fan, don't waste your money. Zero unlockables (beyond cosmetic)

No innovation beyond armor powers -Running as a class? Really? C'mon. STILL old school shooter, weapon spawn camping Little variety in weapons The critics are all too

No innovation beyond armor powers -Running as a class? Really? C'mon.

STILL old school shooter, weapon spawn camping

Little variety in weapons

The critics are all too spineless to really highlight the lack of innovation in what the game is all about, the combat. Instead they talk about how fully featured other aspects of the game are.
  38. Oct 22, 2010
    Let me ask you this: what other first person shooter gives you a near infinite number of ways to enjoy the game? Not many that arent for PC. Halo has always been full of content and Reach does not differ. Better graphics and pysics than previous halos what more can you ask for? The people who dixlike the game are COD fanboys or have never REALLY played the game. Those of you who don't wantLet me ask you this: what other first person shooter gives you a near infinite number of ways to enjoy the game? Not many that arent for PC. Halo has always been full of content and Reach does not differ. Better graphics and pysics than previous halos what more can you ask for? The people who dixlike the game are COD fanboys or have never REALLY played the game. Those of you who don't want to be characterised as nerds and stay away from the game are just hypocrits because halo is actually much more realistic than COD because it is logical; shields and bioengineering explain why sometimes more than a few bullets will kill you, can COD explain this no its just instant nube tube kills and entire clips waisted into near invincible normal human beings. Reach is easily multiplayer game of the year so far. Expand
  39. Sep 19, 2010
    Online matches have more to due with luck than skill. The damage system relies heavily on melee and grenade spamming, and gunfire is almost useless. Because of this, most players just rush at each other with melee attacks. The winner is the player that was lucky to re-spawn near opponents that have weakened shields. The game seems to be designed in such a way so that elite players can'tOnline matches have more to due with luck than skill. The damage system relies heavily on melee and grenade spamming, and gunfire is almost useless. Because of this, most players just rush at each other with melee attacks. The winner is the player that was lucky to re-spawn near opponents that have weakened shields. The game seems to be designed in such a way so that elite players can't dominate every match and potentially scare off newer, less-skilled players, because no matter how good you are, you'll rarely get more than 1-2 kills for before you're killed. Expand
  40. Nov 14, 2010
    Im rating this game a solid ten since it desErves it the game is very well polished halo at its best right from the scenery to mp and to all of the people who slam the game and say it is generic old nothing new come on. What is their really new these days all it is with north Americans now is ur freaking graphics and how easy it is to beat the game and shoot somebody on mp learn how to beIm rating this game a solid ten since it desErves it the game is very well polished halo at its best right from the scenery to mp and to all of the people who slam the game and say it is generic old nothing new come on. What is their really new these days all it is with north Americans now is ur freaking graphics and how easy it is to beat the game and shoot somebody on mp learn how to be what is a true gamer and enjoy not only that for such i highly anticipated game its not FREAKING OVER PRICED ..... COD Expand
  41. Sep 19, 2010
    Fantastic. Takes all the best parts of Halo 1,2, and 3, alongside firefight from ODST, and adds it's own unique spin. As this is Bungie, the minor fan service details are wonderful. Ten purchasable firefight voices (including master chief!) are simply one of many excellent touches that Bungie has put into this game.
  42. Sep 16, 2010
    This is the best game ever! It has everything, campaign, campaign matchmaking, firefight with TONS of customizations, super incredible forge 2.0, super fun and addictive online, custom games, theatre, new weapons, new game types, new vehicles, armory, credits, challenges, awesome file browser, amazing stuff on bungie.net, commendations, new medals, loadouts, armor abilities, epicThis is the best game ever! It has everything, campaign, campaign matchmaking, firefight with TONS of customizations, super incredible forge 2.0, super fun and addictive online, custom games, theatre, new weapons, new game types, new vehicles, armory, credits, challenges, awesome file browser, amazing stuff on bungie.net, commendations, new medals, loadouts, armor abilities, epic cinematics, new enemies, active roster, arena, firefight matchmaking and versus and MORE!!!! Expand
  43. Sep 16, 2010
    Best FPS I've ever played, end of story.

The individual elements (Forge, MM, Firefight, Campaign, Theatre etc) are NOT the best that have been done, but their combined offerings (Which are unheard of in the gaming market) and the incredible balance, fun, and thoughtfulness put into the game make it a contender for the best game ever made for the 360, PS3, or Wii. The only reason it has
    Best FPS I've ever played, end of story.

The only reason it has a 6.9 here is because of the pathetic CoD and PS3 fanboys that can't admit that Reach is a fantastic game, but they simply can't/won't get it because of limitations or principle.

People accuse it of being the exact same thing as the last game, meanwhile in God of War or Call of Duty, Killzone etc the Multiplayer (If applicable) and campaign gets no improvement, and gets simpler.
    Halo Reach innovates and expands upon the other Halos and should be purchased as soon as you have the money.
  44. Sep 14, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantastic!!! the Halo franchise breath with a new entertainment style!!! The solo campaign has a stronge story!!! And the multiplayer... Is amazing how always to be!!! Expand
  45. Sep 14, 2010
    This game delivered on every front. From the intense single player campaign stuffed with variety to the excellent voice acting, story and sound effects Halo:Reach is an absolute must buy for every Xbox360 owner. It is so rich in content that it can easily race for the top spot among the other heavy weapons in the genre. Although the graphics look quite good they are not on a Gears of WarThis game delivered on every front. From the intense single player campaign stuffed with variety to the excellent voice acting, story and sound effects Halo:Reach is an absolute must buy for every Xbox360 owner. It is so rich in content that it can easily race for the top spot among the other heavy weapons in the genre. Although the graphics look quite good they are not on a Gears of War or Bad Company 2 level but they still look very convincing and that improvements are visible. I haven't really had time to dug into the multiplayer part of the game but seeing a lot of official review we can say that Halo: Reach is one of the most rich FPS when it comes to its content. All together if you are an Xbox owner, fond of FPS, have 60 bucks or a fan of the series pick this up! U won't regret it, because Bungie really kept its promise and finished the series with a BANG. Now its only up to Microsoft not to screw it up in the future. Expand
  46. Sep 14, 2010
    Okay, fail fail fail, I got it this time:

Okay, fail fail fail, I got it this time:

This game is possibly the best in the Halo series, and as a huge fan of all the games (except Halo Wars, and of course that wasn't by Bungie) that is something I don't say lightly. People like duster15670 who don't recognize a good game when they see one are going to bash this game, mostly due to the mountain of crappy titles (modern warfare 2, anybody?) out there now that are so popular.
  47. Sep 14, 2010
    Best halo ever. awesome single player awesome multiplayer firefight forge and theater awesome. The score is epic and bungie's final halo game delivers
  48. Sep 14, 2010
    Halo is the best multiplayer game ever made and thats a fact .. Halo : Reach give Halo series new dimension . But im very sad because this is the last Halo game , one of best game franchise ever made ! See you on XBL !
  49. Sep 14, 2010
    This game is bloody amazing, it's such a huge improvement from halo 3 in every way. Better game mechanics, less balance issues, improved forge and firefight, campaign and firefight matchmaking support. You need to buy this if you haven't already.
  50. Sep 14, 2010
    Fun,exiting gameplay, great story, do I need to say more?

"Your review must be at least 150 characters long." That means i need..
    spectacular new multiplayer(!) I'ts just fun to bring death to covenant!!!!
    9,4
  51. Feb 10, 2011
    I can't tell you how excited I was for this game to finally come out. I was a massive fan of Halo 3 and thought to myself: "Finally, a new game to keep me away from COD! And a new Halo game to top it off!" And now, I can't tell you how horribly upset I am in purchasing this game. First off, the campaign isn't terrible, but it's far from good. The Noble Six Team has a variety of character,I can't tell you how excited I was for this game to finally come out. I was a massive fan of Halo 3 and thought to myself: "Finally, a new game to keep me away from COD! And a new Halo game to top it off!" And now, I can't tell you how horribly upset I am in purchasing this game. First off, the campaign isn't terrible, but it's far from good. The Noble Six Team has a variety of character, but none of them are very deep and you never really get to interact with them on a level further than "Stop shooting me, I'm on your side!" Obviously, since I knew the campaign ending, I was expecting an epic climactic battle. Instead, you get a very anti-climactic ending that leaves you staring at your screen, mouth ajar. They don't even use the classic epic Halo theme music in this campaign, which I was very disappointed in. The voice acting works, but nothing too special, and the cutscenes and cinematics are sometimes cool, but mostly boring. The achievement "Monument to Your Sins" was supposed to be ridiculously hard, and yet, I got it on the second day of owning the game. Moving on to multiplayer, this is what I bought the game for, and I must say that this is what REALLY disappointed me. The developers apparently got extremely lazy when making the maps for this one, considering several of them are remakes from Halo 2, and several others are Forge maps that you can make yourself in two hours. The other maps that are new are uninspired, boring, and bland. They have Team Snipers, and yet, there is only two maps where Team Snipers is adequete to be played on, while the other times it places you in The Cage, a Forge map where you respawn in the enemy's sniper crosshairs constantly. The spawning overall is terrible, and I have several Theater videos of either me respawning in front of an enemy or vice versa. The DMR is absolutely stupid, and the blossoming effect of the reticule takes out so much skill, resulting in a DMR match being a blindfiring spray and pray after the first 3 shots. Most of the other encounters with enemies quickly transform into a massive grenade-fest, with the enemies hiding around a corner chucking a seemingly unlimited amount of grenades around the corner at you. Armor abilities are ridiculous, especially Armor Lock, being very overpowered. My friend recommends SWAT, but that's the no-skill game mode, and I shy away from that. The character customization is cool, but the majority of the unlockables requires you to play probably in the neighborhood of a billion games, so that's no fun. The Forge is obviously very cool, and the Theater is still top notch for videos and screenshots, plus they have a new system where you can track down to see how many screenshots of other people you're in, which is cool as well. Overall, if you're a hardcore Halo fan, you can have some serious fun with this one if you don't mind lucky deaths and grenade wars. If you occasionally enjoy Halo, I'd probably stay away from this one. Sorry Bungie, but you need some catching up to do to COD if you want to be king again of the FPS's. Expand
  52. Sep 16, 2010
    This game is amazingly fun and I haven't even tried Forge World Yet! I don't see why people keep putting zeros in for a score. It is a solid game with good game play so please write legitimate reviews! I am going to be playing this game for months ahead so I think it deserves a 10/10.
  53. AA7
    Sep 14, 2010
    This is one of the best games ever made. I'm sorry COD, but I have found a game that has finally replaced you as the absolute best shooter out there. Halo 3 was good, but this game is, without exaggeration, the best game of the current generation. All hail the mighty Halo Reach.
  54. Sep 14, 2010
    Brilliant multiplayer, no other game can compete with the pure quality of this multiplayer experience. If you don't like it, there's always a cod game for regards to play!
  55. Sep 14, 2010
    Reach is the best Halo game ever made. Every mode has been improved upon and is awesome. Firefight is a ton of fun, the campaign is great, forge world is amazing. Graphics, while better than Halo 3, still are not up to par with games like Mass Effect or Gears. But thats the only negative and its not a big one at that
  56. Sep 14, 2010
    Bottom line is that this game is well worth the investment. You will get far more than $60 worth of entertainment from this successor to Halo 3, far more than Halo ODST.
  57. Sep 14, 2010
    Awesome graphics. Awesome gameplay. Awesome campaign. Awesome multiplayer. Awesome co-op. Awesome character customization. Awesome features like forge and theater mode. Awesome game, nuff' said.
  58. Sep 14, 2010
    Wow, there are so many blatent fan boys giving this a 10 and blatent haters giving this a 0. STOP BEING IDIOTS! Yes, the game is very good but it's not absolutely perfect. And no, the game is not totally broken so there is no way it should get a 0 from anybody. You people are all missing the point of giving reviews. It's NOT just 10 if you like it and 0 if you don't! It doesn't matter ifWow, there are so many blatent fan boys giving this a 10 and blatent haters giving this a 0. STOP BEING IDIOTS! Yes, the game is very good but it's not absolutely perfect. And no, the game is not totally broken so there is no way it should get a 0 from anybody. You people are all missing the point of giving reviews. It's NOT just 10 if you like it and 0 if you don't! It doesn't matter if you love it or not, there are a few flaws in this but I loved it anyway, so I'll give it a fair score of 8. Expand
  59. Sep 14, 2010
    Don't let anyone fool you the game is awesome! The best game in the series by far. Gameplay is different and that's a good thing, not that it was bad before but I just thought Halo 3's gameplay was just OK. Halo Reach's environments are masterpieces and the new maps feel more alive and not as dull, when I would play Halo 3 the maps were just so lifeless that if it weren't for the gameDon't let anyone fool you the game is awesome! The best game in the series by far. Gameplay is different and that's a good thing, not that it was bad before but I just thought Halo 3's gameplay was just OK. Halo Reach's environments are masterpieces and the new maps feel more alive and not as dull, when I would play Halo 3 the maps were just so lifeless that if it weren't for the game being so fun I wouldn't have played it half as much as I would if the maps were like Reach's. Don't listen to the other people, I mean why would you when half are saying that they don't like Reach because it feels too much like the other Halos and it didn't change much AND the other half are saying that they don't like Reach because it changed too much and doesn't feel like Halo should. Some others are saying the graphics aren't good, if you compare them to Halo 3 they're a masterpiece, but if you compare them to another game that has top notch graphics because that's all the developer cares about then it's going to look about average (IMO a little higher than average). So go out and buy this game you'll never look back. Expand
  60. Sep 14, 2010
    Halo Reach is the best game I have ever played, absolutely all around amazing experience. There is just so much to do in this game, you will never get bored. Get it and you won't be disappointed.

BTW. All those people who gave it negative or a 0 they are just ps3 fanboys who just hate halo because its xbox exclusive. If you notice not one reviewer gave it even mixed, so something is clearly wrong with those people who gave it negative.
  61. Sep 14, 2010
    A superb extremely solid game on all fronts. The fact is there has yet to be another console FPS that contains this much content and executes it so soundly. The single-player alone, while facing criticisms from certain reviewers infinitely better than nearly all other FPS single-player modes, and as for the multi-player well its Halo enough said...this game is undoubtedly deserving of aA superb extremely solid game on all fronts. The fact is there has yet to be another console FPS that contains this much content and executes it so soundly. The single-player alone, while facing criticisms from certain reviewers infinitely better than nearly all other FPS single-player modes, and as for the multi-player well its Halo enough said...this game is undoubtedly deserving of a 9.5 or 10. Expand
  62. Sep 14, 2010
    You know I find it hilarious, but at the same time saddening that there are people on this site that are so childish and pathetic. I come here, and see people giving 0/10. Why? No matter how bad a game is, how on Earth could it get 0/10?
    I see people here saying ridiculous things such as, â
  63. Sep 14, 2010
    I have to say that the wait was worth it. Me and my friend Timothy was in line for hours, and our time could not have been spent better.

Halo: Reach is the best Halo game so far. I missed the birth of my grandson for the campaign. It took me about eleven hours to beat it on heroic by myself. It was really epic. My favorite part is near the end, the last four or five levels. I was totally

My favorite part is near the end, the last four or five levels. I was totally hooked the entire time.

I haven't really had the chance to okay MM, but I know that the multi-player will be awesome. Forge is the best, unlimited customization. Armor abilities are awesome.

My bfriend Taylor Kimbull is playing the campaign with me on legendary, and we are not even on the third level yet. So hard!
  64. Sep 14, 2010
    I haven't played Halo (any of the titles) in at least two years, because I jump around from FPS's, to Racers, to Sports titles, and honestly wasn't even all that excited about this final release (I'm sorry if thats hard for some of you to understand, haha). So when my wife bought if for me as a "surprise" I really wasn't all that excited about playing it. That changed within the first 15I haven't played Halo (any of the titles) in at least two years, because I jump around from FPS's, to Racers, to Sports titles, and honestly wasn't even all that excited about this final release (I'm sorry if thats hard for some of you to understand, haha). So when my wife bought if for me as a "surprise" I really wasn't all that excited about playing it. That changed within the first 15 minutes, and has remained with me up until this point (at work, on a 24, and craving some Halo!) As far as the "graphics are horrible" guys, I've got 2 words for you, High Definition, haha. Dont mean to poke at you "humble people", hell, who am I kidding, yes I do. Get yourselves a decent TV to game on, otherwise, they'll all have crap graphics. This game is amazing, being 31, I dont stay up late (late being past midnight) playing games anymore, but I stayed up all night to beat this game, I just couldn't put the controller down (save for bathroom breaks and the occasional snack). If you're into Halo, buy it, if you're not, buy it, its that simple. Expand
  65. Sep 14, 2010
    Halo: Reach is by far one of the greatest Halo games, right up there with CE. Although the campaign wasn't as long as I hoped it would be, but I'm sure Legendary on solo will easily fix that. Another small complaint that I have is that the AI seems a bit more stupid and clumsy when it comes to firing, but their driving skills have definitely improved over Halo 3. The multiplayer and forgeHalo: Reach is by far one of the greatest Halo games, right up there with CE. Although the campaign wasn't as long as I hoped it would be, but I'm sure Legendary on solo will easily fix that. Another small complaint that I have is that the AI seems a bit more stupid and clumsy when it comes to firing, but their driving skills have definitely improved over Halo 3. The multiplayer and forge is what really stands out though. The amount of customization in both is insane, firefight kicks ass too. Don't listen to those idiotic CoD fanboys that are rating this game 0's and 5's, this game is amazing. Expand
  66. Sep 14, 2010
    Amazing! This game has it all. I have never owned a game where I have gotten so much bang for my buck. Campaign. Co-op Campaign. Firefight. Competitive Multiplayer. Custom games. Forge. Saved Films and screenshots. And it matchmaking is supported for all of this. Not to mention the gameplay is the best it has ever been in a Halo game. Armour Abilities are freakin awesome. The weapons areAmazing! This game has it all. I have never owned a game where I have gotten so much bang for my buck. Campaign. Co-op Campaign. Firefight. Competitive Multiplayer. Custom games. Forge. Saved Films and screenshots. And it matchmaking is supported for all of this. Not to mention the gameplay is the best it has ever been in a Halo game. Armour Abilities are freakin awesome. The weapons are very balanced. The graphics are great.. and the game is just damn fun. Oh yeah also the menu system is extremley fresh and innovative as it always keeps you party together no matter what you doing. The amount of detailed online matchmaking settings is also mind blowing. Buy this game. It owns. I just wish it had a few more immersive gameplay mechanics like brink and mirrors edge, where you can interact with the environment. The frame rate can always be a bit choppy at times. But overall you really can't be Halo Reach. Expand
  67. Sep 14, 2010
    I've played both Call of Duty and the Halo series as a fan. If i had to make a call it would be Halo Reach.
    I can see how the 0-Review Score reflecks the learning curve of the multi-player that COD-Players can't process.
    I'd put my money on a Halo player over a Cod player any day.
    This is what the fan's wanted and Bungie more than delivered.
  68. Sep 14, 2010
    i feel as though they said "hey, last halo game? lets just take everything thats great from halo 1-3 and odst and make it better!" and it WORKED! no new modes to see thats different from halo 3, (except for firefight) but they improve the general formula for all of the modes, making everything super customizable. solid game, solid engine, solid EVERYTHING! A must own, for any type ofi feel as though they said "hey, last halo game? lets just take everything thats great from halo 1-3 and odst and make it better!" and it WORKED! no new modes to see thats different from halo 3, (except for firefight) but they improve the general formula for all of the modes, making everything super customizable. solid game, solid engine, solid EVERYTHING! A must own, for any type of gamer, you will fall in Expand
  69. Sep 15, 2010
    first halo reach sold out over 3 millions on first day ,second he break the most player playing this game simultaneously 4 million people. buy and enjoy best multilayer experience When talking about a series as influential and beloved as Halo, youâ
  70. Sep 24, 2010
    This is the second time I've reviewed this game the first time I gave it a 6 mainly because I didn't think it lived up to my admitedly very high expectations but after a while with it and lots of time spent online with my friends I can see that this like halo 3 before it has true potential to grow into a world class shooter it's not quiet there yet it needs more maps and a few match makingThis is the second time I've reviewed this game the first time I gave it a 6 mainly because I didn't think it lived up to my admitedly very high expectations but after a while with it and lots of time spent online with my friends I can see that this like halo 3 before it has true potential to grow into a world class shooter it's not quiet there yet it needs more maps and a few match making problems ironed out but it's fair to say that I've had more fun here than I have in an fps for a long time. It's not perfect yet but it could be given time so for now it's an 8 :) Expand
  71. Sep 14, 2010
    With the globs of people bashing the game without playing it, its alot like our political system. Point blank the game is good regardless if you love cod4 or killzone, or just a PS3 fanboy. Remeber these guys names because they will change their tune when Bungie's game shows up on a Sony console......
  72. Sep 14, 2010
    After playing the campaign I can easily say this feels like one of the if not the most amazing halo campaigns you will ever come across, possibly even in FPS games. Bungie truly went all out on this game. Matchmaking has been improved to be more fun than Halo 3, and all the modes that were existing before were revamped completely. The only reason for my 9 and not a 10? The slowdowns thatAfter playing the campaign I can easily say this feels like one of the if not the most amazing halo campaigns you will ever come across, possibly even in FPS games. Bungie truly went all out on this game. Matchmaking has been improved to be more fun than Halo 3, and all the modes that were existing before were revamped completely. The only reason for my 9 and not a 10? The slowdowns that appear randomly. Still, don't listen to all the idiots that are voting the game down just because it's halo and not CoD. It has better graphics than CoD could wish it had, actual AI, non scripted events, etc. This is the game CoD has always wanted to be but never was. It deserves a 9-10 only, as it's a fresh new experience that will keep wowing you all the while you play. THIS IS A MUST OWN GAME.

If you look at the negative reviews and believe any ounce of them, you will be missing out on a great game, and you will regret it.
  73. Sep 14, 2010
    It's too easy to pick out those jealous ps3 fanboys who wanna bring this impeccable game down. Can't we all see the critics collectively it's the best halo of the franchise and the unbelievaly rich content has exceedingly justified the price
  74. Oct 7, 2010
    I'm a huge Halo fan, but none of the previous Halo games were never as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, but Halo: Reach is not only as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, it 's the best Halo game ever made! The game completely excelled my expectations on every level. First off the Campaign and story, the Campaign is much more fun than the rest of the series. The ally AI is better at combat, but notI'm a huge Halo fan, but none of the previous Halo games were never as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, but Halo: Reach is not only as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, it 's the best Halo game ever made! The game completely excelled my expectations on every level. First off the Campaign and story, the Campaign is much more fun than the rest of the series. The ally AI is better at combat, but not that great at driving. The Covenant AI is so much better, especially bringing the Elites back as the main enemy was the perfect idea that makes the Covenant terrifying aliens again. Now the story, which I find to be the strongest Halo story to date, it's also the easiest to follow since the original. You play as Noble Six, the newest member of an elite team of Spartans named Noble Team who are sent to investigate a disturbance at a relay outpost where local Insurrectionists are suspected. Noble Team then discovers that the Covenant are on Reach. The games begins as a few small skirmishes to full out war. I loved the sense of desperation and hope, and tragedy, no matter what happens, you know the plant will fall. The characters are outstanding and the dialogue is spot on. Now the rest of the game is just as good. Firefight, which was introduced back in Halo 3: ODST which you and 4 other players would fight against waves of Covenant. Now in Halo: Reach, Firefight has Matchmaking and custom options, which allows you make Firefight in your own way. Now Multiplayer, is the best Halo multiplayer to date. The custom games have so many more options than Halo 3. Now Forge, which was introduced in Halo 3 allowed you to make your own maps, now in Halo: Reach Forge is so much better than Halo 3's Forge. The best map to use Forge if Forge World, which is a massive map where you can make any map you want. Halo: Reach is not only a prequel to the 1st Halo, Bungie takes the best of all the past Halo games, and puts them in Halo: Reach. Overall this game has not let me at all. This is the perfect way for Bungie to say goodbye to the Halo franchise. Expand
  75. Sep 15, 2010
    This is definitley the best Halo game yet, let the all the haters scream "fanb0i! fanb0i!" it wont make much odds, Ten years ago Combat Evolved came out and made the FPS great, Today that tradition still runs strong due to great shooting mechanics, improved graphics and excellent audio, The campaign is typical of that of a modern game that focus's on multiplayer more so than anything whichThis is definitley the best Halo game yet, let the all the haters scream "fanb0i! fanb0i!" it wont make much odds, Ten years ago Combat Evolved came out and made the FPS great, Today that tradition still runs strong due to great shooting mechanics, improved graphics and excellent audio, The campaign is typical of that of a modern game that focus's on multiplayer more so than anything which is understandable the amount of 12 year old boys bantering at school about how there gonna 'murk' eachother. What I would say about the campaign is that it feels like old-school Halo, which isnt a bad thing atall considering Combat Evolved had a un-fathomable singleplayer/co-op campaign. Theres more modes in multiplayer then ever before and the forge is greatly improved, Top that up with decent customization and a level of polish only to be expected by a company of this pedigree and what do you get? Halo: Reach. An achivement that goes full circle back to its roots, and man turning back the clock has never been so fun. Expand
  76. Sep 15, 2010
    Most of these reviews, you have to realize that they are PS3 fanboys and are trying to rate down one of the best games. As you can see most of their names are "Killzone3" and they rate up PS3 games, and this is their only Xbox 360 review, because that fact is that they don't own one, and are jealous that they can't play Halo 3. Now back to the review. Halo Reach..............where do IMost of these reviews, you have to realize that they are PS3 fanboys and are trying to rate down one of the best games. As you can see most of their names are "Killzone3" and they rate up PS3 games, and this is their only Xbox 360 review, because that fact is that they don't own one, and are jealous that they can't play Halo 3. Now back to the review. Halo Reach..............where do I start. First of all it has the best graphics in a Halo game that there ever has been. Second of all, it has one of the best full, and meaty multiplayer that there ever was in an Halo game. The multiplayer in Reach even rivals other top games like Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2. The campaign is also good, even though it is not the best in the series, but can be an absolute blast in coop with your friends. Overall this is one of the best Halo games to reach the market today. I highly recommend you ignore those PS3 fanboy trolls and get this game today. Expand
  77. Sep 15, 2010
    Halo Reach is a great game!! Is it perfect, no!! Don't not listen to all the Sony fanboys on here...of course they are going to rate it down!! If you like a good singleplayer and multiplayer shooter pick it up!!
  78. Sep 15, 2010
    It is disappointing to see such reviews as 0 and 10. The purpose of this site is to get a feel for the value of the game and whether it is worth purchasing. As such I'm not going to bash or praise this game but rather describe it. First of all it is a halo game. I own all 3 systems and over 200 games. I am a little disappointed in some of the game but lets face it I bought it because ofIt is disappointing to see such reviews as 0 and 10. The purpose of this site is to get a feel for the value of the game and whether it is worth purchasing. As such I'm not going to bash or praise this game but rather describe it. First of all it is a halo game. I own all 3 systems and over 200 games. I am a little disappointed in some of the game but lets face it I bought it because of the name Halo and it does follow in its footsteps true to the franchise. The downside of this is that this title did not draw me in. Basically I have to admit to myself I just have played Halo too much and am bored with it. There is no new excitement left. I can't blame the new Reach for this. This is why the series is coming to conclusion. It's just time. That said, this disc is pretty good value. There is so much content on the disc that if you have never played a Halo game this is the version to buy. It is the most updated and best design of any of games released however the story isn't as impressive as some of the other Halo releases. Overall this game is good and if i have any complaint it is more so to do with the fact that the xbox 360 can not process the game as well as i would have liked. The xbox really seems to be pushed to its limits in this game and it shows. When i bought the game i was hoping for a halo version that had Demon's souls feel of battle (fatique with equipment customization), FEAR's AI and Monster Hunter Tri's gathering of usable materials. I guess that's what i was secretly hoping for and it wasn't there. But I can't bash the game because my fantasy wasn't made. This game was designed for its demographic and it certainly isn't broken. Very worthy of an 8 or 9 despite wishing the game was something a bit different. In sum, best Halo and a fitting conclusion to make this series obsolete as this title needs to end so a fresh new series can be made. Expand
  79. Sep 15, 2010
    I give this game a 4 because i don't think it feels like a whole game. It almost feels empty like something is missing. The game play mechanics are sloppy the graphics are so so but i don't really care to see how many blades of grass are moving while i run I'm just not that type of gamer, i do however expect very simple things to work like they should. To much is missing from the singleI give this game a 4 because i don't think it feels like a whole game. It almost feels empty like something is missing. The game play mechanics are sloppy the graphics are so so but i don't really care to see how many blades of grass are moving while i run I'm just not that type of gamer, i do however expect very simple things to work like they should. To much is missing from the single player campaign. Not having played a Halo installation since the very first one i was curious to see what they would do to the last instance made by Bungie. On a side note i hope MS now that they have this lets this game die in peace. I think the first Halo felt like a complete game this just felt like i was running a bunch of little mini missions. I like to play a campaign before i jump into multi-player to get a feel for the kind of game i want to play in multi-player. There were times in the campaign where i just stood there thinking OK what do i do next for someone who hasn't played since the 90s it wasn't very intuitive. The game controls felt sloppy and didn't feel like a complete thought. The AI wasn't very intelligent unless your idea of intelligent was just run the opposite direction of me and the direction i need to go. Why do FPS always limit ammo of rocket launchers to two or three, seriously im firing plasma guns and shooting aliens and you mean to tell me i cant carry more then three rockets. Really, really now you want to be realistic i can jump from building to building and flip cars over with one button push but i cant hold more than three rockets. Also when i die i drop everything but the thing the surviving member needs to complete the mission so now in order to complete the mission we both have to die to go back and get the one thing you need to complete the mission. In conclusion if you love Halo im sure you'll love this version if you aren't a Halo fan don't waste your time, and if you haven't played since the first one don't get to excited and maybe just stay away from the campaign and go straight to the multi-player. Something tells me the multi-player will feel like Unreal. This will be a perfect way to waste time until Black Ops with my bro-in law who happens to like Halo. While he isnt around ill just continue to rack up kill streaks on COD2-MWF Expand
  80. Sep 15, 2010
    I just don't get it. I've tried to understand the hype, but I just cannot. I bought this for my son for his birthday and he was so looking forward to playing it with me. I gave Halo 3 not one, not two, but 3 different chances to impress me, and it just didn't. I bought the game used 3 separate times thinking that I must be missing something, only to trade it in a couple weeks laterI just don't get it. I've tried to understand the hype, but I just cannot. I bought this for my son for his birthday and he was so looking forward to playing it with me. I gave Halo 3 not one, not two, but 3 different chances to impress me, and it just didn't. I bought the game used 3 separate times thinking that I must be missing something, only to trade it in a couple weeks later each time. My own stupid mistake. I fell for the same thing again with Halo Reach. The story/background is not interesting to me at all and it just seems thrown together. The weaponry system and controls are terrible in my opinion. The multi-player is extremely frustrating to me. Granted, I am not the best, but it is just not consistent. I may get 3 apparent headshots on an enemy only to be killed by one random shot, or worse yet a melee attack. The next time, I shoot an enemy once and he is killed. I also don't understand the leveling up system...maybe I'm just used to COD and MW, but to me all of the Halo games look, play, and feel the same way. If that is what you like, then more power to you. I will leave it for my son to play, because I won't be playing it anymore. Expand
  81. Sep 15, 2010
    Probably? it is the perfect Halo and that's a great thing unless your a fanboy making reviews of games you have never played. Halo Reach takes everything you loved about other Halo games and puts it all into one game and then adds some. This game is hands down the best Halo to date scratch that the best FPS to date, that alone makes these anti Xbox/Halo people burn inside like Hynda he'sProbably? it is the perfect Halo and that's a great thing unless your a fanboy making reviews of games you have never played. Halo Reach takes everything you loved about other Halo games and puts it all into one game and then adds some. This game is hands down the best Halo to date scratch that the best FPS to date, that alone makes these anti Xbox/Halo people burn inside like Hynda he's just mad because Metroid other M flopped look he rated that game a 10 lol. Anyway Halo Reach is a masterpiece of a game but you all knew that already hence why it's set to outsell every PS3 exclusive by the first week lol. Expand
  82. Sep 15, 2010
    How I loved the Halo Franchise, Since the original Halo on the original Xbox... And how I was looking forward to this. But playing this feels old, compared to new fresher games this just feels old, the graphics have been improved, yes. online is still fun, yes (although alot the maps are just remakes *sigh*) the voice acting is generally poor and I never felt any emotional link with theHow I loved the Halo Franchise, Since the original Halo on the original Xbox... And how I was looking forward to this. But playing this feels old, compared to new fresher games this just feels old, the graphics have been improved, yes. online is still fun, yes (although alot the maps are just remakes *sigh*) the voice acting is generally poor and I never felt any emotional link with the characters, Times have moved on and it shows how much Halo has aged. I have still given it a 5 as I will still play it online time to time, but the single player campaign feels old and only took me about 6 1/2 hours to complete. Expand
  83. Sep 15, 2010
    THE GOOD - Improved AI, increased difficulty, tons of bells and whistles, main screen lobby is a genius idea, psych profile and game searching options help find games to your tastes, inclusion of secondary abilities is a nice touch, fixed the melee issues and an improved firefight mode with a variety of options. THE BAD - Gameplay after all these years is feeling bland and outdated.THE GOOD - Improved AI, increased difficulty, tons of bells and whistles, main screen lobby is a genius idea, psych profile and game searching options help find games to your tastes, inclusion of secondary abilities is a nice touch, fixed the melee issues and an improved firefight mode with a variety of options. THE BAD - Gameplay after all these years is feeling bland and outdated. Graphics, though better than Halo 3's, still aren't top notch. Too many camping locations on multiplayer maps. Awful and distracting music at times. THE UGLY - An embarrassingly low number of multiplayer maps (Inexcusable for a $60 package..you'll spend hours frolicking around on the same 4 similarly designed maps), a short and unevenly paced campaign (5-10 hours, depending on skill and difficulty), continued inclusion of the "cheap" pistol/charged plasma combo and the snap-to-target on the sniper rifle that takes out the skill of sniping and establishes it as one of the most unbalanced and camper friendly weapons of all time. THE VERDICT - A decent game, certainly not worth $60. Wait for it to hit $30-$40 before purchasing. Expand
  84. Sep 15, 2010
    I'm not going to give it 10 out of 10 for the pure fact I haven't played it all, but so far, I haven't found one thing wrong with it. And I'm guessing everyone that has given it 0 hasn't even played it, they just like trolling...
  85. Sep 15, 2010
    A quick skim over the user reveiws has led me to believe that the numbers 1 through 9 do not exist in the world of amatuer reviewing and that the internet is populated entirely by fanboys desperately trying to justify the money they sink into their preferred flavour of console. Anyhoo... Halo: Reach is, technically speaking, not a bad game; it looks nice, the baddies are definitely notA quick skim over the user reveiws has led me to believe that the numbers 1 through 9 do not exist in the world of amatuer reviewing and that the internet is populated entirely by fanboys desperately trying to justify the money they sink into their preferred flavour of console. Anyhoo... Halo: Reach is, technically speaking, not a bad game; it looks nice, the baddies are definitely not stupid and the multiplayer is good if you like that sort of thing. No, Halo: Reach's biggest problem is that it's just so mediocre and safe; having the same charm and charisma as that of a brick, the guns feel plastic and ineffective, the ending is about as suprising as the sun rising and the new uber-super-awesomesauce armor powers can be laughably ineffective and are definitely not the game-changers promised in the hype. To be honest someone could swap Reach with Halo 3 when you weren't looking and you'd be forgiven for not noticing but again many believed Halo 3 would lead them to the promised land and if something's not broken don't **** with it. So to summarise; If you liked Halo 3 then you'll like this as it's more of the same, which is fine... If you like that sort of thing. Expand
  86. Sep 15, 2010
    While there are alot of new options, it still feels like the same Halo. Really did enjoy it but i know it won't get great for a couple of days. I know what im looking for is the community/Forge. I couldn't tell you how many times I spent all night playing mongoose racing, duck hunt and ghost busters and thats why I love Halo. The story is the weakest part of the game. It dosn't give youWhile there are alot of new options, it still feels like the same Halo. Really did enjoy it but i know it won't get great for a couple of days. I know what im looking for is the community/Forge. I couldn't tell you how many times I spent all night playing mongoose racing, duck hunt and ghost busters and thats why I love Halo. The story is the weakest part of the game. It dosn't give you the feeling of exploration when you first stepped on halo or give you any real varrying mission. also this game is NOT COD its not trying to be they can coexist so calm down Expand
  87. Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, first things first, if you're looking here at these reviews deciding for yourself whether or not to buy the game, then take if from me, don't listen to the idiots who are rating it under 5. I mean come on, have you really took note of their reviews. They're spelling things wrong, starting sentences with lower case letters, swearing and saying that the game could never get a 10 ratingOkay, first things first, if you're looking here at these reviews deciding for yourself whether or not to buy the game, then take if from me, don't listen to the idiots who are rating it under 5. I mean come on, have you really took note of their reviews. They're spelling things wrong, starting sentences with lower case letters, swearing and saying that the game could never get a 10 rating from someone who isn't a 'fanboy'. Are these really the people you want to listen to and base your answer on? No, I don't think so. That's why I'm here to do my best to give a fair review. Now I admit, I have been playing Halo since 2003, which automatically makes this game good to me. Why? Not because I'm a 'fanboy', but because experiencing something for that length of time makes you proud to be a part of it. But if I take that away from my review, Halo: Reach has the makings of one of the best FPS games of the early 2010s. It is a massive improvement on Halo 3 where many things have been added or modified, and, if I'm absolutely honest, not much had to be changed since Halo 3 worked pretty well as a game itself. The campaign was a fantastically well thought campaign, but it was one for the fans, someone like me will understand the true significance behind this game which some people can't seem to comprehend. As for the gameplay, it's smooth, running on a great engine with great capabilities. The graphics are a step higher than Halo 3, however at some points it did look a little bit too cartoony. I would say more but I would have to say spoilers and I know how bad it is when you read spoilers. As for the multiplayer, the matchmaking is not perfect: it is now much quicker, you get to vote for your preferred gametype and map, matchmaking itself has been advanced with the inclusion of armour abilities and other features. Again too much to talk about, and I haven't even started to mention the armoury! Do I sound like a fanboy yet? You probably think I do, but I am genuinely blown away by this game. Of course Firefight has returned bigger and better than in ODST, now with matchmaking support and now Forge it a map creators dream. Many ideas I had in Halo 3 can now easily become a reality. And there's much, much more to talk about, but you must be bored stiff by now. Really I'd give Reach a 9, but with so many low reviews, it deserves 10. As I say a lot, you have to give something a change. You can't play something for 10 minutes or even 5 hours sometimes and assume the game is bad, or good, depending. So for once, if you're about to write a bad review, actually give the game a good, solid chance. If your bad, you'll get better the more you play. Well Done Bungie! Expand
  88. Sep 15, 2010
    Do NOT listen to these call of duty( fan boys) there are just down grading the game... there just jealous because there game is not better... anyway Perfect story, sound, graphics, game-play, all in all 10
    But i still can not believe all this negatvitie from the last halo game in the series.
  89. Sep 15, 2010
    With the massively popular Halo games its no surprise Halo Reach goes all out in an attempt not to let the series down. The player assumes the role of Noble 6, a supersoldier fighting alongside a special operations unit to combat the threat that is the Covenant who are trying to destroy the planet Reach.

90. Sep 15, 2010
    Hello. I have seen the other user reviews and I have to say I'm surprised. Halo Reach has to be the best Halo game to this date. Bungie left with an explosion of great multiplayer action, a great story to run through, and upgraded features like Forge and Theater. I consider this my favorite FPS, and games like Call of Duty MW2 cannot seem to match the unique style Halo: Reach offers. NowHello. I have seen the other user reviews and I have to say I'm surprised. Halo Reach has to be the best Halo game to this date. Bungie left with an explosion of great multiplayer action, a great story to run through, and upgraded features like Forge and Theater. I consider this my favorite FPS, and games like Call of Duty MW2 cannot seem to match the unique style Halo: Reach offers. Now its predecessor, Halo 3. Enhanced graphics all-around, better story, more features, and of course, better gameplay. This is the Halo I was expecting to play and love. Expand
  91. Sep 15, 2010
    Ignore the PS3 fanboys giving Reach low scores - from their reviews they've obviously never played it. I own a 360 and a PS3 and love both consoles, but I'm sick of this silliness. Reach is an excellent game in every respect - it is, arguably the best shooter currently available. It does do new stuff, such as jet packs, armour abilities (which are great) and the best space combat in anyIgnore the PS3 fanboys giving Reach low scores - from their reviews they've obviously never played it. I own a 360 and a PS3 and love both consoles, but I'm sick of this silliness. Reach is an excellent game in every respect - it is, arguably the best shooter currently available. It does do new stuff, such as jet packs, armour abilities (which are great) and the best space combat in any shooter thus far.Yes, the basic FPS mechanics are largely unchanged, but Bungie have shown the wisdom that so many other games companies lack - don't mess with perfection. The campaign is around 8 hours on Normal and considerably longer on other settings - shorter than Gears 2, but much longer and more varied than Killzone 2 (KZ2 took around 5 hours - an hour longer on Elite. And if you've played KZ2, try to remember an outstanding campaign moment - I dare you. No vehicles either.). The plot is straightforward but engaging rather than enthralling, but it's a video game, and I would argue that previous Halo games (except the first) have been guilty of over complicating the plot; at the end of the day it's just an excuse to shoot things. The campaign is also sufficiently engaging that, combined with some really well considered acheivements, replay is guaranteed at least once, probably twice. Graphically it kicks bottom too, which is a little surprising - I expected ODST with bells, but it is easily the prettiest shooter around at the moment. I haven't tried much multiplayer yet, but again, Bungie appear to have tweaked an already perfect formula - it continues to deliver one of the best multiplayer experiences available. Anyone who mentions CoD (great though it is) is clearly mental - Reach is nothing like CoD and very clearly isn't trying to be (try citing some evidence rather than silly random comments). As for it being the last Halo, it's Bungie's last Halo (for now anyway). Microsoft own Halo and have an internal division (343 industries) dedicated to Halo development, as well as recently launching Halo Waypoint. Reach also broke the record for the number of online players on XBox Live on it's release day. Yep - that sounds like a franchise coming to an end.. doh! Epic stuff. Expand
  92. Sep 15, 2010
    I lol'd at all the fanboys that don't have Halo: Reach or played it and they come rate it a 0. They should take off all of those fanboy ratings because I played this game and it is way better than it FPS on PS3 so all those fanboys that have no life just trashing a game they don't have need to go get a life. I have the game and it's good.
  93. Sep 15, 2010
    An incredible game almost reveloutionary, it has an elusive, captivating campaign although the story is slow at times, when you finally have satisfaction from that thereis the incredible firefight mode, for hours of fun, and then theres forge, incredible fun with infinite possibilities, and you still hav'nt done multiplayer yet, this is an incredible game and it is worth every penny.
  94. Sep 15, 2010
    This game is nothing short of amazing. It is easily the best halo ever taking the best parts of all the previous halos like the multiplayer from halo 2 and the firefight from ODST. Don't even read the reviews of the people who gave this game a 0 they are ps3 trolls I guarantee you as some say look at uncharted 2 and killzone because they are sad at the beast of a game reach is. The armorThis game is nothing short of amazing. It is easily the best halo ever taking the best parts of all the previous halos like the multiplayer from halo 2 and the firefight from ODST. Don't even read the reviews of the people who gave this game a 0 they are ps3 trolls I guarantee you as some say look at uncharted 2 and killzone because they are sad at the beast of a game reach is. The armor abilities are sick, addictive multiplayer cool customizable options and great graphics make up this game Expand
  95. Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, ps3 fanboys who give the game a zero because they played it for 20 minutes at a friend's house and already biased their opinions before the game even came out, please stop freakin' reviewing games you don't even own! You always point out how the users who give it a ten are raging xbox frat boy fanboys, yet you completely disregard the fact that your own fanboyism is blinding you fromOkay, ps3 fanboys who give the game a zero because they played it for 20 minutes at a friend's house and already biased their opinions before the game even came out, please stop freakin' reviewing games you don't even own! You always point out how the users who give it a ten are raging xbox frat boy fanboys, yet you completely disregard the fact that your own fanboyism is blinding you from telling apart a good game from a bad. And this is definitely a good game. People who come on this site read the reviews to see if they should buy the game, not to see some guy with a playstation and a hatred for anything that even is barely related to an xbox rant on how unoriginal the game is or how biased the fanboys are. I'm not giving this a ten because I've been waiting for it for a year. I'm not giving this a ten because I've played every halo game and I want this one to be the best. I'm not even giving it a ten to up the user score because of the retards who automatically give it a zero. I'm giving it a ten because it is the perfect halo experience, and it is fun as hell. Forget people saying the single player is 3 hours long (juuuust a little exaggerated), or people ripping on the multiplayer being unoriginal (I'm not even sure where the argument begins for that, it has barely any resemblance to CoD); you are going to be playing this game for a LONG time. A better Forge, an insanely improved firefight, an epic campaign (that doesn't overstay its welcome, fallout fans), a multiplayer setup that would last you a lifetime; you are getting more than enough of your money's worth with this package. Plus, seriously, are you going to take your advice on whether to get a 360 game or not from a guy named "killzone3"? (also that one guy who said to keep playing halo 3 instead of this, please never show your face in society ever again. If you even played 1 and 2 than you would definitely know that 3 was probably the worst of them all. I'll explain this simply: halo 1=strategy, halo 2=skill, halo 3=let's see how fast i can unload my gun) Expand
  96. Sep 15, 2010
    First off, if you didn't play the game don't rate it. People complain that it looks just like the last one, the graphics are terrible, blah blah blah. These people obviously haven't played the game at all. Also, people say the game has a 3-4 hour campaign. yeah, when you play on easy mode where it takes 10 enemies to damage you. On Heroic, the campaign is easily 10 hours or more, andFirst off, if you didn't play the game don't rate it. People complain that it looks just like the last one, the graphics are terrible, blah blah blah. These people obviously haven't played the game at all. Also, people say the game has a 3-4 hour campaign. yeah, when you play on easy mode where it takes 10 enemies to damage you. On Heroic, the campaign is easily 10 hours or more, and Legendary is even longer. The game is similar to halo 3, but at the same time it's its own game. The multiplayer experience is fresh with new gametypes, weapons, maps and vehicles. It plays much differently. Another thing: the forge is now much more streamlined and easy to use. the game was out for 24 hrs and i was impressed by the amazing maps that had already been created by the community. People say that it's like call of duty. The only similarities i can find are loadouts and the fact that it's an FPS, and the loadouts aren't even remotely similar to those in COD. If you are one of those whiny people that hate everything that has the word halo anywhere near it, then fine. Don't buy it, it's one less person the community has to listen to wine online. Sure, call me a fanboy if you want. Everything I've said here is the truth, stated as plainly as i can. I think right now the game is probably a 9.75. There are still a couple of server issues that need to be worked out, plus not all playlists are available yet. But this is Bungie's last hurrah, and i think that they've done the series and their fans proud. Expand
  97. Sep 15, 2010
    OK....Well, I see some people are just haters! 0/10 come on I didnâ
  98. Nov 12, 2011
    Game delivered. People **** about this game and then MW3 comes out and that makes this look like pure gold

New engine
    New maps and some classics
    new game types and gameplay
    new features and additions to forge
    Great closing story bringing us back to the beginning
    highest quality from bungie.
  99. Sep 16, 2010
    Superb game and probably one of the best overall game packages ever made. The different modes and the sheer amount of customisation options you have are mind boggling. That coupled with the best FPS gameplay in the business. Ignore the blatant PS3 trolls, Reach delivers everything by the bucket load - an amazing piece of software that has already broken single format sales records.
  100. Sep 16, 2010
    A brilliant game with a great Multiplayer mode, for many people is the best game of the Year. Graphs, Technic, Gameplay, Variety, Innovation, Sound and Argument, completely amazing, It´s unforgettable in this generation.

The Forge World 2.0 is wonderfull, this mode extend the game.

Score: 10

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved all the other Halo games, there's little I can say to dissuade you from purchasing Bungie's last creation in the Halo series.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Halo: Reach is not a breakthrough, yet it's a clear showcase of Bungie's creative growth. The game is hardly a "must buy" – its single-player campaign is way too short and uneven in quality, while multiplayer has very little room for expansion besides map packs and useless character decorations. But with that said, Reach is worthy of your attention for a couple of evenings.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Almost achieves the impossible and fulfills the hype. Among the best shooters ever created. [Issue#231, p.82]