7.0

1. Dec 8, 2014
    When I first played this game on PC I was quite critical of its more linear and sectioned approach compared to previous Hitman games, however I think Absolution is a fantastic video game in its own right. The production value and quality is amongst the best video games ever made. The visuals are not far different from the PC version despite it running on ancient hardware and being veryWhen I first played this game on PC I was quite critical of its more linear and sectioned approach compared to previous Hitman games, however I think Absolution is a fantastic video game in its own right. The production value and quality is amongst the best video games ever made. The visuals are not far different from the PC version despite it running on ancient hardware and being very demanding on PC. It is beautifully optimised, has an awesome art style and, like all the other Hitman games, requires multiple playthroughs to fully appreciate its beauty. The difficulty, controls, game engine and visuals are incredibly well designed. The game mechanics and levels are questionable - you can get through the game without much thought due to the shorter levels which are split into smaller linear sections, but once you've played through the game once and then try to do the challenges there's a little more variety. Most levels do not require you to kill a target, but rather to infiltrate an area (read: get from door A to door B, much like a puzzle-platformer). There's generally very descent variety in the aesthetics and context of the levels; not so much in how they play however. This game is much more cinematic and story-driven, so the levels kinda link together rather than being a list of missions to kill unrelated targets. This Hitman game is "A Personal Contract", and is portrayed quite well. The characters are not deeply developed but are presented well. If you're expecting this to be a "true" Hitman game you may be disappointed by some of the changes but ignoring that and viewing it as a "next-gen" approach, it's a much more rewarding way to view the game. This may not be the most ingenious Hitman or have the best levels, but it certainly has a lot of polish and oozes "AAA" quality which is hard to ignore and discredit. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2014
    Endless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but AbsolutionEndless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but Absolution should be remembered as one of this generations most fun, free and awesome single player experiences. Expand
  3. Dec 5, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is a game that surprised me. I had never played the series prior, and had no idea what to expect. What I found was a game with a solid narrative, great gameplay, strong graphics, and much more.
  4. Nov 26, 2014
    Easily the worst entry in the Hitman franchise, the game suffers a horrendous identity crisis and a lot of it's unique genetics are almost entirely absent. When some of the levels favour the old-school style Hitman, the game is at it's best, but sadly, the game favours more generic action sequences that feel straight out of low budget direct-to-DVD action flicks; there is no substance orEasily the worst entry in the Hitman franchise, the game suffers a horrendous identity crisis and a lot of it's unique genetics are almost entirely absent. When some of the levels favour the old-school style Hitman, the game is at it's best, but sadly, the game favours more generic action sequences that feel straight out of low budget direct-to-DVD action flicks; there is no substance or grace to them. The new characters are irritating and forgettable while the voice acting is of a decent calibre. The game is pretty, the locations/missions are varied and the soundtrack is solid (though also the weakest of the lot). Contracts mode should have been a neat addition but the whole concept and execution comes off as cheap filler. Maybe some customised control of target's movements and enemy placements would have made for a far richer and tactical experience?

Graphics: 9.0
    Gameplay: 6.0
    Features: 5.5

Agent 47 somehow knifes himself in the back multiple times in this truly disappointing outing. Nothing really clicks, nothing really engages you (why would you care about a girl that we don't really know anything about?), nothing actually makes you like the game full stop.
  5. Sep 25, 2014
    Being a big Hitman fan, I was ecstatic when I got this game. The Graphics have improved greatly and makes the game feel a lot smoother. Items around the world are interactive, anything with a sharp edge e.g. knives, screwdrivers, axes, can be thrown from a distance for a silent kill and mugs and other miscellaneous items can be used for distractions. Shooting is a lot better than previousBeing a big Hitman fan, I was ecstatic when I got this game. The Graphics have improved greatly and makes the game feel a lot smoother. Items around the world are interactive, anything with a sharp edge e.g. knives, screwdrivers, axes, can be thrown from a distance for a silent kill and mugs and other miscellaneous items can be used for distractions. Shooting is a lot better than previous games, and the ability to tag multiple enemies for quick executions like in Splinter Cell Conviction has been introduced. The disguise ability feel slightly different, instead of acting suspicious to break disguises now it feels more like a time limit when walking past an enemy in disguise. This can be frustrating when on harder difficulties as it feel like everyone already knows your face. Some levels feel linear but most have a big open space, although I would have liked more missions, probably because I am used to the game, experienced players may find the game too short. The best thing about the game is the story, now 47 is independent, making his own rules and taking his own path. Amazing plot line with twists and epic Hitman moment, plus an amazing ending which will leave you pondering.
    Overall not the best Hitman game, but definitely one of the best stealth games of its generation.
  6. Aug 24, 2014
    This game is definitely worth getting. i'm a huge Hitman fanatic and this is almost better than Hitman Blood money! I played the **** out of that game, got all achievements everything. This game though is fantastic. Wondeful graphics, awesome setting, good story. A big leap from hit man blood money. Although, any new hit man players I would recommend playing blood money first to know theThis game is definitely worth getting. i'm a huge Hitman fanatic and this is almost better than Hitman Blood money! I played the **** out of that game, got all achievements everything. This game though is fantastic. Wondeful graphics, awesome setting, good story. A big leap from hit man blood money. Although, any new hit man players I would recommend playing blood money first to know the story. Although the disguise system is not that great. Once you have a disguise you should be safe. You shouldn't have to do the instinct thing. Not one police officer knows everyone in the force. Expand
  7. Jun 1, 2014
    This game is the most awesome stealth game I've ever played. Good graphics, good soundtrack, and the controls... OOH the controls, they are flawless. And it's a Hitman game, many ways to kill your targets, many ways to proceed through the game. This is a new style to a Hitman game, and Ioved it.
  8. May 17, 2014
    (sorry for my english i'm french) Let's start by saying this is a good game. BUT, it could have been so much better. -- 1 -- After I heard that you can kill by so many means, I imagined to poison, push off roof, set mines, etc. All you can do is shoot and assassinate (and you only have to press X button). -- 2 -- it's a shame that you can't make a distraction (like to shoot a little(sorry for my english i'm french) Let's start by saying this is a good game. BUT, it could have been so much better. -- 1 -- After I heard that you can kill by so many means, I imagined to poison, push off roof, set mines, etc. All you can do is shoot and assassinate (and you only have to press X button). -- 2 -- it's a shame that you can't make a distraction (like to shoot a little rock... or whistle assassin's creed style), the game would be so much better!! You can turn on radio a couple times in the game but it's in chosen area so you cant do it when you want to. -- 3 -- Even when you're suit up like a cop, and there's so many of them around, they recognize you like they would all know each other. So, disguise is not the best way to pass a control point... -- 4 -- sometimes you're hunted by cops and you hide in a wardrobe for example. You are in a dead-end and that's evident it's the only place where you can be. Well, they won't find you...it's magic or something...

Enought for the bad part

That said, the shooting is quite fun and realistic. The visuals are pretty good too. The fact that the game is divided by missions following a story is cool. You can give a second try to your favorite missions after you unlocked them in the story mode.

To make it short, it seems like they wanted to add some details to a completed and good looking 3rd person shooter game but they forgot Hitman is all about the details! He's supposed to be the more intelligent and creative killer but I don't see it in the game

It's worth my 20$
    But not 60.
    I'll rent the next one before to maybe buy it
  9. May 11, 2014
    Generic piece a garbage. Everything good about a videogame is not found in Hitman Absolution. Just skip it and go buy mass effect 3. Mas effect 3 is the best game of the year 10/10. This game how ever is 0/10
    but I'll give it 1 point because its so ****
  10. May 5, 2014
    I got this game free on Xbox live gold and so frustrating.
    The AI is either brain dead or super smart.
    The levels are super short and you can basically run all of them and don't give damn about the enemies and still get a good rating. I'm sure some people will like this game but it's not for me.
    P.s the story is super and you lose it about 1h in to the game.
  11. Apr 25, 2014
    A solid seven is not a bad rating. It's actually good. And "Hitman: Absolution" is a good game, so good I had to delete from my Xbox 360's hard drive and save myself from playing it until dawn. The game is 3 points from a perfect 10 for 3 very good reasons:
    1) The cutscenes and dialogue are awful. They are offensive to humankind and everyone involved should take a moment to reflect on what terrible things inside them made them produce something so terrible.
    2) Their is only one way to obtain a perfect score. Basically, if you can interact with something, that is what you need to use to make a death look like an accident. There are no other options for a perfect play through.
    3) Missions vacillate between short and easy and overly long and complex. The multiple target missions are particularly annoying when you cannot save your game between targets. I think if I can make a death look like an accident the first time, I can do it on all the other play through's too. And the number of guard's in some areas is outlandish.

"Hitman: Absolution" has some other negatives, such as the cheap see through wall vision (called "Detective Mode" in "Batman: Arkham Asylum"), limited ability to use costumes, reinforcements that prevent you from sweeping areas, and loss of score for being seen by someone you then kill, because how can a dead witness testify? Ultimately, though, sneaking up behind people and knocking them out is fun, and much more fun than shooting them in the head. "Hitman: Absolution" could have been as good as "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". It isn't, but that doesn't make it bad.
  12. Apr 20, 2014
    I have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelierI have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelier on an unsuspecting foe at just the right time, garroting someone and then donning their clothes to walk among them, all make this game great. I have replayed it countless times and am currently working through all the challenges which I love. I think the challenges give this game so much depth and replay value.

The story I found good as well and I enjoyed the environments presented in the game. I admit it is tough to sneak around and the instinct isn't always as helpful as it could be. For example: When walking by a shotgun 47 has a thought "that would draw a lot of attention"...I'm like yeah kidding.

I found that the game does kind of push you to eliminate guards and there is always usually a convenient dumpster nearby haha.

Also, the sniper challenge DLC is a fun little game, where you basically snipe things and make events occur which are fun to watch.

Overall, I have to say I love this game. It is gorgeous graphically, the music sets a great tone, and offers great replay value with multiple methods to kill targets. I've been playing this game for months literally on and off and am still finding new paths within levels. Definitely worth a purchase for any gamer in my opinion.
  13. Apr 18, 2014
    A good game, but a little too linear to be a fully-fledged Hitman title. I find myself wanting a game designed more like Blood Money. The environments are not as fun to scope at as the predecessor. There is some replay value with an entertaining multiplayer mode, and a ridiculous amount of achievements. Let's just hope that Hitman saga continues down an old familiar route.
  14. Apr 17, 2014
    This game will live on as one of the great stealth games of our generation.
    Where do I begin?
    The graphics in this game are simply stunning. Every little detail is worked into it, be it the way 47 looks more human than ever, the fact that it could almost have been a movie. Yes, that's how good it is. The mechanics are just as great as classic Hitman games, only improved - although some
    This game will live on as one of the great stealth games of our generation.
    Where do I begin?
    The mechanics are just as great as classic Hitman games, only improved - although some find it a hindrance, I think that the addition of Instinct is great. It makes sense - another soldier would recognise an impostor. The control scheme has been adapted as to be less awkward than before, and the AI isn't stupid or paranoid.
    Another feature many will enjoy is that the game finally has a storyline - and a good one. 47 isn't an emotionless killer any more - he is a man with emotions. A human.
    All in all, Absolution is an amazing game. Definitely a great improvement over the last instalments.
    9/10.
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    After playing previous Hitmans and really loving them, i just couldn't get into this one as it didn't really feel like a Hitman game at all. It was very linear and more like a Splintercell game, then a Hitman game. I rate the previous games highly, but this one was really bad in many ways.
  16. Jan 8, 2014
    Hitman Blood Money is one of the slickest, smartest, and enjoyable games of all time.
    This game is unfortunately not a lot like blood money BUT is still a very fun game!
    If you go into this expecting and wanting blood money you will hate it. If you can get past all of that this is still a great game! I am on my second play through and am having a blast!!
  17. Jan 2, 2014
    Hitman Absolution. What a piece of crap.If you are expecting the gameplay to be killing targets in your own way, and finding a large amount of ways to complete the mission, then you may be disappointed to realise that this game is 90% running to the door at the end because the police got suspicious of you FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. You have about 2 targets to kill in the entire game, becauseHitman Absolution. What a piece of crap.If you are expecting the gameplay to be killing targets in your own way, and finding a large amount of ways to complete the mission, then you may be disappointed to realise that this game is 90% running to the door at the end because the police got suspicious of you FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. You have about 2 targets to kill in the entire game, because the title may aswell be Babysitter: Absolution instead. The only main kill in this game is IO Interactive killing the Hitman franchise. I give it a 2 for the first mission, point shooting, and the fact that you can literally massacre a high street full of people and still get a high score. Just go play blood money. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    besides of his terrible story hitman:absolution is a good game,i love how the levels where built but unfortunately i don't know if it's better than others hitmans because it's the only one i ever played.
  19. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game.This game is good because of It's story line game play graphics and more.This game is awesome so for all of you people trying to buy an awesome game, I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing It.
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    First of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics lookFirst of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics look pretty good and music is good as well.
    If you have enjoyed hitman games you should give this one a try.
  21. Oct 15, 2013
    beautiful structured game with a huge variety of combat and awesome sequences 47 is a true badarse and this is a highly enjoyable game! a great range of weapons, cool and unique level design with lots of hidden areas and interesting ways to take down targets. add that together with a fanastic score and pretty graphics and you have a great game
  22. Oct 11, 2013
    Positives
    -Polished beautiful graphics
    -Good controls.
    -When stealth fails you can kill everybody.
    -Good characters, voices, and acting.
    -Leaves the door open for another Hitman game!
  23. Oct 2, 2013
    excellent game ...mature challenging. stealthy.. is fun i never played other hitman but this one is a good game overall highly recommend it for 1 player
  24. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is only half-baked. As a fan of part 2, 3, and Blood Money is a clear loss of quality. The levels are a joke un the control is improved.
    It's just no fun.
    One has the feeling that one does not find OpenWorld but only linear single Minilevel which consist of several sections.
    Why do you have only shown such great trailer and then something comes out?
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    Welcome to Hitman: Door Solution.
    The objective of the game is apparently just to get from point a) to point b).... THAT'S IT!
    Less then 20% of the game is assassinating targets. Disguises are also useless in this game, and most of your time in hard difficulty mode will be spent crouching and hiding... Not being able to choose your weapons at the start of every stage made the game feel
    Welcome to Hitman: Door Solution.
    Not being able to choose your weapons at the start of every stage made the game feel Linear also..
  26. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their[7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their body in a dumpster, but by the tenth level of doing that you get the point. The developers, like many other, limit themselves too much which is hopefully something that will end by the next generation of consoles. Expand
  27. Aug 11, 2013
    I loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you endI loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you end up resorting to just blowing people away. There are blatant inconsistencies when it comes to getting past guards, etc. One time you'll be wearing a certain disguise and walk right by him and the next time, wearing the same disguise, you get busted. Really a shame though it wasn't for a lack of effort. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  29. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  30. Aug 5, 2013
    Once I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. ItOnce I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. It lost the feel of being able to hide in plain sight with everyone looking for you all the time, and because you were sneaking around all the time, it just got tiering. I like it when games make me work, but when you're constantly trying to evade everyone you see it just makes you want to give up. The story is scatty and without continuity, making the ICA seem like they're public knowledge; walking around with their name planted on everything and helicopters flying around letting everyone know that they're there. The mystery that was the ICA and everything about Hitman was ruined by this game, and whilst the production values were higher than any other Hitman game, they really just spent almost 10 years ruining the series. The Contracts mode on this game was limited, the maps were re-used and the fact every mission was in America just took away everything that made the Hitman games. Really disappointing. Expand
  31. Mar 12, 2013
    Silent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing thisSilent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing this is still 'One of the best!' stealth games we will see in this lifetime with great attention to detail. Agent 47 is back with a vengeance Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]