8.0

1. ApocalypseBrown
    Jan 8, 2010
    Perfection is what I'll call this side -scrolling shoot 'em up, the game was so awe inspiring ten years ago and hasn't lost a once of playability today!
  2. Homer
    Jun 5, 2008
    An amazing action game that just might be the greatest shooter of all time. It's also hard as utter s***.
  3. rishabhaxe
    Apr 25, 2009
    I have played the trial game and know i just want the full game soooooooo badly but for some reason my brother hates it i dont know he is an idiot
  4. JeffK.
    Apr 10, 2008
    I
  5. ChrisH
    Nov 27, 2008
    Amazing game, the difficulty (even on the lowest setting, with the most lives/continues) is the key element that just makes me keep coming back to play this visually stunning, devil of a game. Played it back on the gamecube and rebought it on live, I would thoroughly recommend it to any gamer with the above average caliber of skill. Not quite 10, wish it was longer and got harder!
  6. GerritS.
    Apr 11, 2008
    A true masterpiece! I can't remember any other vertical shooter that have been ported to so many systems (Arcade, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox 360) and really deserved having been ported like Ikaruga. IMO this is a game wich people will still remember in 2018 (so will I)! I'm addicted to it since it came out for the GC in 2003. It's short but intense and genius. I mean A true masterpiece! I can't remember any other vertical shooter that have been ported to so many systems (Arcade, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox 360) and really deserved having been ported like Ikaruga. IMO this is a game wich people will still remember in 2018 (so will I)! I'm addicted to it since it came out for the GC in 2003. It's short but intense and genius. I mean I'M playing it every once in a while since 5 years now and every time I start playing it I just think: great! Even if you already have a Dreamcast or GC port: Download! (I think it isn't that hard to play through but to get a decent score -watch the replays of the top players- is very hard). Expand
  7. ChrisS.
    Apr 9, 2008
    This game is to 2d shooters what Shadow of the Colossus was to the ps2. Unbelievable beautiful, brilliantly clever and with controls to match. However its difficulty is mindblowing and if not for that it would have been a perfect ten. This game is worth the money in the Live-arcade just to look at, let alone to play.
  8. SamuelS.
    Aug 8, 2008
    Not since Einhander have I played such a compellingly frustrating shooter of this quality. Not for the easily flustered.
  9. AdamD.
    Apr 14, 2008
    best thing to happen to the xbox live arcade. the game is absolutely beautiful, the game is incredibly challenging, the concept is simple yet incredibly deep and complex. It's strange this game flew right under my radar 7 years ago considering I'm sort of a buff when it comes 2 the old-school shooter and this one is the best one ever made.
  10. J.
    Apr 21, 2008
    One of those rare, special games that's exhilarating when you succeed, and fills you with incredible self-doubt when you lose. And lose you will. A lot. If you're not good at shooters, do yourself a favor and don't even bother with Ikaruga, because you'll never see and play the best that it has to offer. If you're an above-average gamer, though, the highs will One of those rare, special games that's exhilarating when you succeed, and fills you with incredible self-doubt when you lose. And lose you will. A lot. If you're not good at shooters, do yourself a favor and don't even bother with Ikaruga, because you'll never see and play the best that it has to offer. If you're an above-average gamer, though, the highs will carry you through the lows just enough to make it essential, as the graphics, sound, and compellingly brazen approach of this title demand attention and respect. Expand
  11. Apr 28, 2011
    The best side scrolling shooter for the past 10 years hands down. Only problem is its very difficult but challenge is a good thing, right? As with the older 16 bit side scrollers this still looks beautiful by todays standards add in the twist of changing your ships colour to avoid being hit and losing a life to that of the bullets either black or white, both are fired at the same time onThe best side scrolling shooter for the past 10 years hands down. Only problem is its very difficult but challenge is a good thing, right? As with the older 16 bit side scrollers this still looks beautiful by todays standards add in the twist of changing your ships colour to avoid being hit and losing a life to that of the bullets either black or white, both are fired at the same time on many occasions and you add a very original challenge and new depth to this genre. This is the pinnacle of this type of game, nothings even come close for 10 years. Expand

1. It's undoubtedly hard, but looks, sounds and plays wonderfully, both alone and online through Xbox Live. Download this baby immediately.
  2. You're likely to have as much success doing this as trying to watch a 3D movie without the free Sugar Puffs glasses - it amounts to much the same thing. [Issue#32, p.116]
  3. It is extremely challenging and if you don’t get too frustrated it will also be tons of fun; either on your own or with a friend. It is classic side-scrolling gaming at its best.