8.0

1. Jan 7, 2011
    I was surprised by ilomilo. It really is a fantatsic puzzle game. It also has an excellent soundtrack. If you are sitting on the fence about this one at least play through the trial.
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    The style and presentation of this game are wonderful. However, you don't expect the puzzles themselves to be so clever and enjoyable. This is one of the most wonderful XBLA titles I have played, right up there (but just below) Trials HD and Shadow Complex.
    Let us hope they release more levels via DLC.
  3. Jan 9, 2011
    I'd give it a 12 if it existed, but the camera is so bad that it's worth 3 points off anyway, so I'll settle for a 9. Really, it's a fantastic game, please download the demo and give it a try. It does have one big downside, though (I don't think the demo goes far enough into the game for you to tell how bad it is), and that is this: Be prepared to be constantly fighting with the cameraI'd give it a 12 if it existed, but the camera is so bad that it's worth 3 points off anyway, so I'll settle for a 9. Really, it's a fantastic game, please download the demo and give it a try. It does have one big downside, though (I don't think the demo goes far enough into the game for you to tell how bad it is), and that is this: Be prepared to be constantly fighting with the camera throughout the game. Despite that, however, it has been a very long time since I've found a puzzle game that I enjoyed this much (the last one being Supaplex, which should tell you how long it has been LOL). I really hope they make an Ilomilo 2, full-blown (not just an Arcade game) complete with a better camera and a level design feature. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2011
    Ilomilo is a great 3d puzzle game. Its artsy look give it a feel all of its own and tiny beautiful touches abound in all the right places. From the piano notes that play in the selection menu to the indie game cameos that keep popping up, the game does a lot to pull you in with its personality alone.
    But personality can only get you so far. Thankfully, the game play is also wonderful. The idea is simple: reunite the two main characters Ilo and Milo to beat the puzzle. Along the way you can collect art, music from the sound track and little bean shaped characters called Safkas (named after Melanie Safka) that unlock super difficult levels. It works well and the difficulty curve is forgiving. Theres also a nice story (yes, a story in a puzzle game). Its cute and even somewhat sad. It all blends together well with the game play and is full of symbolism. All in all, its a great game thats well worth the price of $10 ($12 if you count the downloadable content). If you love inspired art and have a secret love of difficult puzzle games, get it!
  5. Jun 3, 2011
    Like many others, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The puzzles offered more of a challenge than I expected which was enjoyable. The game has a wonderful artistic look and a soundtrack that you just can't get out of your head. Splendid.
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    A great game for all the reasons already mentioned. (although the soundtrack definitely tops my list)

...and it was perfect for playing through with my kids. I could enjoy the quality while my boys enjoyed the cuteness.
  7. Oct 19, 2011
    With the proliferation of mobile devices, there is certainly no shortage of puzzle games these days. However, ilomilo should not be overlooked as

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Excellent co-op puzzle game that in this reviewers opinion, tries far too hard to be cute and quirky which forces the game off the mark.
  2. A gently challenging head-scratcher with lovely presentation and a worthwhile story to tell. [May 2011, p.121]
  3. Mar 7, 2011
    Ilomilo is charming, no doubt. But it's also a well balanced puzzle platformer with elements that captures and entertains throughout.