7.9

1. Apr 24, 2013
    I'm a big fan of fighting games, and one positive thing about Injustice is its love for its source material. It actually has a story that made sense and justify the infighting amongst the heroes villains of the DC universe. What I'm not a big fan of is its fighting mechanics, which is adapted from MK. It feels to loose, with characters that are completely too powerful (i.e. Aquaman).I'm a big fan of fighting games, and one positive thing about Injustice is its love for its source material. It actually has a story that made sense and justify the infighting amongst the heroes villains of the DC universe. What I'm not a big fan of is its fighting mechanics, which is adapted from MK. It feels to loose, with characters that are completely too powerful (i.e. Aquaman). The controls are fine but I missed the preciseness of Japanese fighters. It's great while it lasts but it feels too casual. Hard core fighters beware. Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2014
    this game was awesome, but not quite as good as I wanted it to be. It reminded me of mortal kombat, but slightly more polished, and instead of fatalities you had these super moves that were pretty badass, but of course I prefer fatalities. and the story started off pretty good, but ended anticlimactically. fun game, preferred mortal kombat though.
  3. Dec 7, 2014
    An enjoyable fighting game that manages to incorporate all of your favourite superheroes into it. Whether your playing as superman or batman, the game makes you feel special. The gameplay is the game's best aspect, it is just fun to kick back and play. The story is nothing much of note and is perhaps overemphasized. But it's the game's feel that means it can be considered one of the betterAn enjoyable fighting game that manages to incorporate all of your favourite superheroes into it. Whether your playing as superman or batman, the game makes you feel special. The gameplay is the game's best aspect, it is just fun to kick back and play. The story is nothing much of note and is perhaps overemphasized. But it's the game's feel that means it can be considered one of the better fighting games this year. Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    Am I the only one getting tired of this AAA Title hype in games? The games look so mouth wateringly good until you pick up the controller. That is what Injustice is. All style and no substances. Im not a graphics whore, but these graphics are outdated. MK9 looked better. The controls are clunky,CLUNKY AS HELL. Mk9 played better.The characters almost all feel the same when playing. MK9'SAm I the only one getting tired of this AAA Title hype in games? The games look so mouth wateringly good until you pick up the controller. That is what Injustice is. All style and no substances. Im not a graphics whore, but these graphics are outdated. MK9 looked better. The controls are clunky,CLUNKY AS HELL. Mk9 played better.The characters almost all feel the same when playing. MK9'S characters where more fleshed out. The story is decent but not that interesting or that long. MK9's story was longer and better (even if it was just a reboot). See where im going here? This was supposed to be the successor to MK9 and instead of taking two steps forward, Injustice takes one step back. This game is only fun for a good 2-3 hours, but after that it gets stale, bland, and boring very fast. It really pains me to write this because I was SO HYPED when I first saw this. But just like every other AAA title that was released this year, it disappointed me. Please people SAVE YOUR MONEY.Unless you are buying this for your child DON'T BUY THIS GAME,your wallet will thank you later. Expand
  5. Jul 3, 2013
    It is a fun game, but nothing groundbreaking and very short with nothing very interesting to do after the story is complete. The best bit of the game is to be able to play as DC heroes, probably the only reason I picked this up because I'm not a fan of brawling games, but this is a good game with a strange story line though.
  6. Aug 31, 2013
    The game's "campaign" mode was great! Had some very good voice acting but had a rather simple story.

I am no expert in fighting games but I do know the basic of how to pull combos off however I wasn't a big fan of how the controls where such as you have to move back to block moves which takes a lot of practice, If it had a simple one button blocking system like in Mortal Kombat 2011 then that would've been fine for me.

I also found the online just too laggy so I couldn't play a lot of decent games but it is good fun when you can get some friends around to play it.
  7. Apr 17, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, but this game is terrible in comparison. I know it's not the best to compare two different games, but I feel like I have to. Some characters are completely over/under powered. The side games are nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. If I were you... save $60, download the IOS game that's free, and you will enjoy it much better.I am a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, but this game is terrible in comparison. I know it's not the best to compare two different games, but I feel like I have to. Some characters are completely over/under powered. The side games are nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. If I were you... save $60, download the IOS game that's free, and you will enjoy it much better. Seriously... the IOS game is more fun. Expand
  8. May 16, 2013
    Now after the warm response Neather Realms, Mortal Kombat received it was only time until they released another game, this in turn became Injustice. After the early few hours of just simple versus, attempting to play a range of characters to get a feel for a range of styles of fighters, it had already became clear that a majority of the fighters i wouldn't use due to a mix of personalNow after the warm response Neather Realms, Mortal Kombat received it was only time until they released another game, this in turn became Injustice. After the early few hours of just simple versus, attempting to play a range of characters to get a feel for a range of styles of fighters, it had already became clear that a majority of the fighters i wouldn't use due to a mix of personal taste and lack of variety, how the games mechanics made it so most fighters were equal yet you couldn't help but feel the heavy hitters within the DC universe are alot more catered for.

Ed Boon creative lead at Neather famed for his over use of violence, within the series. It felt that this was lost with a strange after damage effect which made rather no sense, understandably this marketed at a young audience yet it felt they tried to meet at a sort of middle ground which failed and just looked bad.

The online is ether the games saving grace or its biggest flaw, which mostly depends up on the your internet connection, mostly due to the sensitive ping issues.

The strange levelling system seems pointless as the limited costumes and no unlockable characters, gives little incentive to play beyond a single play through of the single player. The story mode however fun seems abit predicable and due to the writers fear of killing of characters, also became abit tame and the repetitive nature of fighting the same bad guys became boring.

To summarise Injustice is fun solo or with a group, answering those superhero themed fight questions that have plagued many a gamers/comic readers conversations. Yet with little unlockable content and repetitive super moves, the fun element begins to quickly disappear.

INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US: SPECIAL EDITION: RED SON EDITION- £42.99- 4/10
    Now additional DLC, seems to be the only focus of this edition of the game with three costumes and twenty missions. The steel-book is the only worth of purchase and the box art is no different to the original apart from the three costumes on the back, its a very lack luster purchase and the content will most likely be released on a later date.
  9. Jun 27, 2013
    Injustice single player campaign is brilliant, I throughly enjoyed myself. But when it came to multiplayer there's far to many noobs on it and it sucks! I don't think I'll be going on injustice anymore. Also it's one of those games where you play it for a week, and then it'll be on the shelf gathering dust.
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    A decently done fighter pitting characters of the DC Universe against each other. With well done controllers, amusing stage transitions, planet-sized ultimate moves, and unique abilities for characters, this game does pretty well. As far as a fighting game goes though, the ultimate moves and scene transitions are a bit too flashy (although good for the characters/comic book sense) andA decently done fighter pitting characters of the DC Universe against each other. With well done controllers, amusing stage transitions, planet-sized ultimate moves, and unique abilities for characters, this game does pretty well. As far as a fighting game goes though, the ultimate moves and scene transitions are a bit too flashy (although good for the characters/comic book sense) and combos boil down into just a few strings per characters, although most moves may have a use. A decent game to pick up and bored when you want to beat up Superman as your favorite DC hero. Expand
  11. Apr 18, 2013
    I think there is a lot here for hardcore fighting fans, fans of MK 9, and you're average person who just wants to play a superhero fighting game to enjoy.

I think the story mode is improved upon off of MK 9's and the tutorial mode that appears when you boot the game up is a great addition to get the mechanics of the game. Practice mode features frame data and info on where attacks will land.

My only complaint is the online. There are tons of modes in there, but once again Netherrealm can't seem to get its netcode working. I've spent tons of time searching for "Ranked Games" only to never find an opponent, and when I do finally find one the connection is so lag filled that none of my inputs or combos ever connect, which is insanely frustrating, especially when trying to dodge some of the spammer zoning character (Deathstroke anyone??).

If they fix the online connection, this game would easily score around a 8 9 for me, but I'm going to give it a 7 for now because the game has a ton of potential to be awesome, I just think the bad connection hinders the experience.
  12. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is worth BUYING ONLY If:

1: You are a diehard fighting game enthusiast 2. You love DC Comics This game does a great service to the DC Universe and has a TON of content. Fighting is fun and enjoyable with interesting characters and a variety of different playstyles HOWEVER HERE's MY ISSUE with fighting games. Once you play it for about 30 mins to an hour you
    This game is worth BUYING ONLY If:

1: You are a diehard fighting game enthusiast
    2. You love DC Comics

HOWEVER

HERE's MY ISSUE with fighting games.

Once you play it for about 30 mins to an hour you easily get bored.. Who wants to sit around and play 1v1 fighting for hours on end. No one.
  13. Aug 18, 2013
    What surprises me about this game, is the fact that it haves an even better story mode than the previous MK9 game, what I thought that wouldn't be possible. It's kinda short compared to MK9, but this time it feels even more like a movie to me, with some really epic moments, especially on the two last chapters, and it still has tons of content outside of that.
    To begin with, the combat
    To begin with, the combat system is way improved over the previous game. Combos and special attacks are all easier to do, I just wish they hadn't make the defense system in this game similar to the Street Fighter games, but that's ok, and the option to highlight special attacks so you can aways see how to use 'em in the middle of the battle, is just genius. Also, this game has the most scenario interaction that i've ever seen in any fighting game. Some scenarios have outstanding 4 or 5 interactable objects in it, and 2 or even 3 scenario changes, where you use a strong attack to throw your opponent out of the stage into another one, dealing tons of damage and executing a cool animation, the only problem with those, is that they deal TOO MUCH DAMAGE, seriously, i've seen some mad combos that deal 80% percent of damage at once, and that gotta be nerfed, but not only that.
    And this takes us to the second biggest problem of the game, the over-powered characters, starting with the trigger-happy ones. Since the evade option in this game is way shorter than the SF games or even MK9, characters with long-range attacks seens to aways have advantages over the close combat ones. Seriously, go a PVP match against Deathstroke or the Joker and you will know what I'm talking about. And not only that, but you also have some close combat characters that are OP too, and this happens because of two main problems: Or they are just too fast or deal too much damage, or their unique ability is too unfair, I'll explain.
    In this game, you have one button dedicated only too use your character special ability, that variates between characters. Batman can call forth a wake of bats to protect him or strike the opponent, Lex Luthor can create a shield to defend him from the opponent's next attack, and some characters like Nightwing can change between fighting styles when the player press that button. It works fine for some, but for anothers, it gets a little unfair. This could be less worse if the game allowed you to choose 2 characters per match, but it doesn't, which just doesn't make any sense. This is a perfect game to have 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 matches, but it doesn't, with no reason.
    I would say that Injustice is somewhat of a mixed bag, but it has far more good content than bad content. It has tons of extra content for you to unlock, that goes from costumes, to stage music, and some really cool concept art, hell, it even has daily challenges that give you secret costumes, like John Stewart Green Lantern or Exterminator Superman. Every week the game receives an update from the developers, gaining new content through DLC's or the online challenges, there are already 6 new characters released via DLC, and 2 are yet to come, and TONS of alternate costumes also. For all this content, your money is well worth it.
  14. Apr 18, 2013
    Mediocre game at best, despite the effort and creative aspect. So why mediocre? Simply because the far too traditional control of the gameplay. Its comparable to the likes of DOA, Soul Calibur, Mortal Combat and so forth. Don't expect a fighting game like fight night or def jam ny, where you can actually anticipate on the opponent, making the fight more strategic. Expect plenty of movesMediocre game at best, despite the effort and creative aspect. So why mediocre? Simply because the far too traditional control of the gameplay. Its comparable to the likes of DOA, Soul Calibur, Mortal Combat and so forth. Don't expect a fighting game like fight night or def jam ny, where you can actually anticipate on the opponent, making the fight more strategic. Expect plenty of moves which takes too much time or too much of a hassle because of trial and error to execute, so jst pressing the simple attacks with jumping back and forth will be more effective. In other words: its a simple button basher. No more.
    I want to add an example: currently i am in s.t.a.r. and need to do the so called "cat's eye combo". Its supposed to be a simple X, Y,
  15. Apr 27, 2013
    It was time for Netherrealms to re-enter the fighting arena this year with Injustice: Gods Among Us. After playing and having a blast with Mortal Kombat 9 I could not wait until NR released their next game. The initial looks of Injustice for to be excepted. the gameplay looked solid and the game looked to be at or above the standards that MK9 had made. When I purchased the game IIt was time for Netherrealms to re-enter the fighting arena this year with Injustice: Gods Among Us. After playing and having a blast with Mortal Kombat 9 I could not wait until NR released their next game. The initial looks of Injustice for to be excepted. the gameplay looked solid and the game looked to be at or above the standards that MK9 had made. When I purchased the game I immediately went into the tutorial in order to refresh my memory and to also learn some the new mechanics introduced in this game. Well I will say, it was a sweet and sour experience. The basic moves from MK9 and combos were all solid, until you got into the advanced tutorials were the controls began to show their problems. No matter how many times I would input a combination, the game would either A. Not even do it or B. Do something completely different then what I had intended. Now tutorials are supposed to be something that gets the player introduced to the game and then go on to the main game as quick and efficiently as possible. With Injustice that was the complete opposite. When beginning the story mode you are greeted to some wonderful cutscenes which are beginning to show their age. The story is completely unoriginal to DC standards since this kind of storyline has been touched on before in the DC universe. the length of the story is also shorter than the MK reboots and has a difficulty option so anyone can get through. Which is fine, but I felt more satisfaction in the later parts of MK9's story going up against Shao-Kan at his toughest. Story mode is not what I was expecting and was severley disappointed. I'll briefly say S.T.A.R. Labs isn't very fun, don't find myself booting up the game to play them, since the payoff for doing all of them is a complete joke and again, no satisfaction to MK9's Challenge Tower. The list of unlockables through the Hall of Justice's Archives are all lacking. Costumes are really the only things you'll be want to unlock and they are all costumes you've seen through the story mode and some are very unappealing to look at. There are however different "Arcade Mode" modes that can be purchased which can allow you to do things from verses the entire Injustice cast, do having to knock out your opponent in less than 30 seconds. That is something that is welcomed into the new "Battles" mode which replaces the Arcade Ladder from MK9. the core gameplay mechanic however is what saves this game from being a total disappointment. the inclusion of a single lifebar with two levels, so health is never reset in between the non existent rounds. A nice touch is when you are at the final part of your first bar and your opponent unleashes a devastating combo or their unique super move, the damage will not carry over to your second bar to which I happily can happily welcome with open arms. The new stage transitions give player a chance to turn the tides of the fight by sending their opponent to a new part of the stage, while at the same time taking a good portion of life with them. Each part of sage as intercactable objects that the player can use to inflict damage to his or her opponent. From throwing cars to borrowing a shotgun from a robot to pump buckshot into the opposing player. Each character has their own character abilities which is mapped to a specific button (Xbox B button, PS3 Circle Button etc.) to which Batman for instance will call down 3 mechanical bats that he can use to defend or attack or Superman who gets a boost in his attack damage. These powers are even divided into two categories, Power Users and Gadget Users, to which Superman would be a Power User while Batman would be a Gadget User. There is a power gauge at the bottom of the screen for each player to which they can use a portion of the meter to make their special moves do more damage, perform their supermove or wager portions of it in the new clash system. the clash is a new addition that pits the player against each other to come at one another and the one who bets more of their power gauge is the winner. If the one who started the wager wins, they get a portion of their health back. But if the defending player whens, they inflict damage to the attacker. All new mechanics out of the way, the fighting style of MK9 is still present with a few minor tweeks. Blocking can only be done by pressing backwards on the control stick which isn't very effective at times, which can allow opponents to juggle you senseless. You can also pause and see key moves right on the pause menu and as a bonus, you can go into the characters move list and favorite moves you wish to know or perform so that when you exit they will appear on the screen for you convenience. Online mode is the same a MK9, standard player, ranked and King of the Hill matches which contribute to the new leveling system which can be leveled through any part of game to get unlockables and new items. Injustice is a decent fighter, geared towards the MK9 fans and not the casual player. Expand
  16. May 22, 2013
    As a fighting game enthusiast, i have enjoyed this game a lot. It seems the community has received this game with open arms, the net hasn't given me problems yet, the fighting is fluid, the graphics are amazing, the levels are extremely well designed, and the interactible objects and stages give us a new way to strategize the attacks. my only problem with it has been that when people getAs a fighting game enthusiast, i have enjoyed this game a lot. It seems the community has received this game with open arms, the net hasn't given me problems yet, the fighting is fluid, the graphics are amazing, the levels are extremely well designed, and the interactible objects and stages give us a new way to strategize the attacks. my only problem with it has been that when people get disconnected or even rage quit during player or rank matches it gives you a loss for it, and there seems to be A LOT of rage quitters. I'm hoping Netherealms studios fixes this problems soon for it is kinda staining the game. other than that, i think the game is amazing and anyone who loves super heroes or loves fighting games should definatly give it a try Collapse

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]