7.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    I am not the best fighting game player in the world but I have given many of the big ones a try, marvel vs. capcom, tekken, the last mortal kombat. They were all very entertaining but so far this one has its hooks in the deepest from the get go. Maybe its because of the fan service they give for the DC fans but its more then that, it has neat moves and each player feels authentic andI am not the best fighting game player in the world but I have given many of the big ones a try, marvel vs. capcom, tekken, the last mortal kombat. They were all very entertaining but so far this one has its hooks in the deepest from the get go. Maybe its because of the fan service they give for the DC fans but its more then that, it has neat moves and each player feels authentic and original. Its definitely easier than virtua fighter but that furthers its appeal I don't have to wish for an extra extremity or 6th digit to compete with the 7 year old that handing my @ss to me. So far I am enjoying it and most importantly I don't feel like I have been ripped off. Expand
  2. Apr 18, 2013
    This game represents the best of both DC Comics and the fighting genre. The game offers a huge amount of content with stage transitions, character powers, supermoves, interactive environments, Star Labs Missions, story mode and a fully formed online mode.
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    Injustice is a game that will appeal to most fans of the genre but not all. The core essentials of a fighter are down, the button combos are solid, the power moves are fantastic. What Injustice accomplishes is making a fighter with tons of depth, but keeping the core mechanics simple enough for new comers, and fun enough for veterans of the genre. With that the selection of DC charactersInjustice is a game that will appeal to most fans of the genre but not all. The core essentials of a fighter are down, the button combos are solid, the power moves are fantastic. What Injustice accomplishes is making a fighter with tons of depth, but keeping the core mechanics simple enough for new comers, and fun enough for veterans of the genre. With that the selection of DC characters is great, and surprising the plot works well, it's nothing groundbreaking, it's thoroughly interesting and strings you along for the sum of it's parts. With that there are a few other single player modes; the classic battle mode progressing through about 11 characters, and objective missions. The multiplayer is good fun and doesn't require an online pass which while an odd sideline, is fantastic to hear from someone that lives with friends that also want to give it a try. To round out the positives, the characters look right, there's a pretty decent and often impressive voice cast, and environments are interact-able and nice. The only thing that halts Injustice from getting a higher score, is that it isn't anything we haven't seen before in a fighter and graphically it can be great to sub par. Those two gripes don't stop Injustice from being a terrific game that I'll be playing for awhile. If you're a DC fan, you'll love this game. Expand
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    Even though the story is simple and some of the fights are contrived, Injustice: Gods Among Us has enough content and fan service to keep you entertained for several hours.
  5. Apr 17, 2013
    It's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curveIt's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curve of any fighting I have ever played. I haven't touched the Multiplayer and online aspects yet, but so far I am greatly impressed.

Like I said I am a bigger fan of MK so when I say this game is better than the Mortal Kombat reboot, that's saying something! If you have to own a fighting game, then make it this one!

Side Note: -
    DLC characters I would want to see eventually:
    - Powergirl
    - Supergirl
    - Darkseid
    - Zatanna
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for awhile. im a huge dc fan and a fan of mortal kombat and this is like a match made in heaven for me. every thing in this game is great. There is a lot of characters to choose from right out of the box and i just cant stop playing it.
  7. Apr 18, 2013
    Injustice provides the technical aspects that the hardcore fans love, the depth and longevity that casual fans love and throws in some new features and a cinematic game flow. Anyone who plays fighting games should be pretty impressed with Injustice.
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very good, I was blown away at all the content, If your a dc fan and mortal kombat fan than it is win win. They needed to throw in some brutal fatalitys lol, But you will not find a better fighting game out there right now.
  9. Apr 18, 2013
    Fantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal KombatFantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal Kombat (During Shazam's "Super Move"), and a few animation were earily similiar. Nothing anyone should get worked up about, just good to know though. Secondly the campaign is way short. I'm aware there's alot of content in the game but the story is easily beaten in a matter of hours. Other than that I've been having alot fun with Injustice: Gods Among Us and I'd definately reccomend it to fighting game fans and DC fans alike. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2013
    The story of Injustice sends professional comic book writers back to school, while the controls and features in the actual gameplay are the best from Netherrealm Studios yet. Injustice is really the game DC fans have been waiting for, and instead of waiting for a new Mortal Kombat game as I usually am, I find myself yearning for a sequel to Injustice instead.
  11. Apr 16, 2013
    I'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but toI'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but to my delight, I was wrong. Injustice is a fun, fast paced fighter that's packed with fan-service goodies. With no shortage of costumes, artwork, music, and more to unlock, you're unlikely to get bored by this game-- not to mention the unique gameplay. Make no mistake, Netherrealm's fingerprints are all over this game, but it is just different enough from the MK series to stand on its own as a solid title. Expand
  12. Apr 20, 2013
    An fighting game about DC Comics with the style from Mortal Kombat? That's so freaking awesome This game is great in very ways, they build the characters all different from each other, the interaction with the scenario is far great guys I can't stop playing this game the multiplayer for our surprises IT'S GREAT TOO! just like the S.T.A.R.S. Labs!!!!
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    As a big DC fan, this game pushes all the right buttons. With an excellent fighting system, and great fan service, Injustice is a must for DC fans.
  14. May 1, 2013
    Injustice is one of those games you can just jump into. It's basic control scheme makes it easy for new players who aren't the biggest fans of fighting games jump straight into it and start doing work. The tutorial is a nice helper for someone coming into it, and it explains it's new system of transitions and interactions quite nicely. The character roster is a bit lack-luster whith aInjustice is one of those games you can just jump into. It's basic control scheme makes it easy for new players who aren't the biggest fans of fighting games jump straight into it and start doing work. The tutorial is a nice helper for someone coming into it, and it explains it's new system of transitions and interactions quite nicely. The character roster is a bit lack-luster whith a measy 24 characters with planned DLC. And the multiplayer has been improved from MK9, but don't expect an experience like a local 1-1 match. The character's moves are really diverce, and can come together to form a really high combo and deal large amounts of damage. One thing I don't like is that every character only has 1 intro, outro, and super move. Seeing the super moves the first time is pretty neat, lbut once you've seen it a few times It gets quite boring. Another thing I really like about this game is the health system, and the wager system. The new wager system makes me think twice before using a super move before a wager has happened. The health system is unique in that once you hit past your first bar of health, you can't get that back from any wager you've won, and your damage doesn't bleed into the next bar. It really makes you wait to use super moves or really long combos. Eventually whenever both players are down to the second bar of health, you can enter a mode called a "Wager", this is where you can wager you're power that you've collected to gain HP, or deal damage. The winner is decided by who wages the most, that may not be right but from what I've seen through my days of playing my theory has been correct,. Like Mortle Kombat Nether Realm has made the story mode really compelling and intresting. Making you play as characters as you go through the story lets you learn the character a little more in-depth before battling against a friend or in multiplayer. I won't spoil anything about the singelplayer story, but it takes an intresting spin on Superman. In short, I can say I would recomend Injustice to friends, but the issues with the multuiplyer, and the non-diverce supers and intros/outros really slow down the game for me. I will give an 8/10, above avergae but not perfect. Expand
  15. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, its the answer to all the feedback NRS has to offer, best Fighting game i played, since im a FG player maybe i notice the good things alot more than the average gamer, like the little details, even tough things might get repetitive i give this 10
  16. Jun 5, 2013
    Easily the best fighting game experience I have ever had. It's full of great, diverse characters (with more on the way in DLC), interesting, multi-tiered and interactive environments and great easter eggs and fan service to hardcore comic fans like myself. The controls and combo timing is great for both hardcore fighters and more casual ones, as it took my friends very little time to catchEasily the best fighting game experience I have ever had. It's full of great, diverse characters (with more on the way in DLC), interesting, multi-tiered and interactive environments and great easter eggs and fan service to hardcore comic fans like myself. The controls and combo timing is great for both hardcore fighters and more casual ones, as it took my friends very little time to catch up to a skill level where I didn't feel like I was being an oppressive combo master just because I played the game before they did. Definitely worth the money and though the campaign is short there is a tremendous amount of fun stuff to do with the challenge tower and S.T.A.R. Labs features. Expand
  17. May 29, 2014
    As one of the(if not the most) fighting fans out there i just loved this game,it has got every thing that i want:Beautiful graphics? Check, Great characters? Check, And finally: easy to learn hard to master controls? Check. There is an immerse soundtrack that really makes you wanna fight. And i personally think that every character is equal in this game. The story is very original, i don'tAs one of the(if not the most) fighting fans out there i just loved this game,it has got every thing that i want:Beautiful graphics? Check, Great characters? Check, And finally: easy to learn hard to master controls? Check. There is an immerse soundtrack that really makes you wanna fight. And i personally think that every character is equal in this game. The story is very original, i don't want to spoil it down here for you but you will be shocked by the way NetherRealm Studios treated superman. Expand
  18. Apr 16, 2013
    I am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what itI am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what it looked like when correctly executed (ala Soul Calibur). Expand
  19. Apr 16, 2013
    I now had few days (some stores don't care about the street-release-date, I guess) to check out the game and I have quite few positive things to say about it!
    As a comic book fan and a fighting game fan I was interested in the game from the very first beginning.
    So obviously I instantly bought it, when it got released and boy was that a good purchase. Now keep in mind that your

Now keep in mind that your typical fighting game does not always offer you a lot of content. Very often it's all about the fighting and for the most part your only option is online play, if you desire to get the best out of the game.
    While Injustice offers you all that as well, it also offers just like MK9 before a TON of single player content. There is a long story mode with an interesting story over all. There are many minigames in the STAR Labs mode and even unlockables (yes, some games still do that).
    The tutorial mode is perfect for beginners and the amazing practice mode is even better.

The roster of the game consists out of 24 characters, while NRS (the developer of the game) is working on other characters to release them later on as additional DLC characters.
    Out of these 24 characters there are NO clones in the game. Every character has his own interesting playstyle. That all gets intensified by the character specific superpower that offers even more variety: Superman for example enters a rage mode, where he deals more damage and ignores armor from the enemies (armor lets them take few hits for free). Batman summons Bat-drones which he can use to attack the opponents and extend his combos. Joker parries the opponents attacks and collects HaHaHa's to gain speed and so on, and so on.
    The best thing about the roster is that nearly everyone has something dirty up to their sleeve. Every character is a threat and overall very viable, something you don't have very often in fighting games. In other fighting games you often have the characters who are so good that they overshadow everything else, while in Injustice it looks like quite a few character will be able to offer you the playing experience you wish for. But only time will tell if that will stay the same.

Many people were worried about the Netcode, but the Netcode got better. You might have some problems at the beginning, because I personally expect many people to pick the game up and their servers could have some problems right at the beginning, but from what I can tell so far the netcode is much better than the MK9 netcode, which means that you're online play will be less lag free and that is a huge plus.

Unfortunately Injustice does have some flaws:
    The graphics in the story mode for example are not the prettiest. They look like some last gen stuff at some parts. In the game itself, when you play Versus modes the graphics are simply amazing, surpassing even Soul Calibur 5 which was the prettiest fighting game until Injustice arrived at least in my eyes.

A different lackluster point is the actual story. There are some writing flaws, but you will think like that only if you're a hardcore comic book fan, who knows a lot about the actual characters and stuff in the comics, so that few things are quite: "What? That's so stupid!"

The music is also well, the game has a good soundtrack, but in my own personal opinion it's not the hypest soundtrack you can have for a fighting game. I'm pretty sure that I will put in my own music, to have even better fights.

I recommend this game to every fighting game fan out there (especially because it does many things much different and much better than Mortal Kombat 9) and the interactibles and the clash mode are a new, fresh addition to the genre.
    If you're into comic books be sure to pick the game up as well. The story as well the cameos of well known characters in the story and in the STAR Labs mode will be a highlight for you. I obviously don't need to tell you about the great cast itself.

I give this game 9 out of 10 points.

It's a great package overall.
    The only significant negative point about this game would be the unhype soundtrack of the game. Some might argue about some characters in the cast like for example Killer Frost and Ares who took the spots of more beloved charaters like Captain Cold and Circe, but that's nothing to take points away from the rating. I'm trying to be unbiased, when it comes to that and I hope you will be it as well. We still have DLC characters and maybe our favorites will make it into the game as well
  20. Apr 18, 2013
    I think there is a lot here for hardcore fighting fans, fans of MK 9, and you're average person who just wants to play a superhero fighting game to enjoy.

I think the story mode is improved upon off of MK 9's and the tutorial mode that appears when you boot the game up is a great addition to get the mechanics of the game. Practice mode features frame data and info on where attacks will land.

My only complaint is the online. There are tons of modes in there, but once again Netherrealm can't seem to get its netcode working. I've spent tons of time searching for "Ranked Games" only to never find an opponent, and when I do finally find one the connection is so lag filled that none of my inputs or combos ever connect, which is insanely frustrating, especially when trying to dodge some of the spammer zoning character (Deathstroke anyone??).

If they fix the online connection, this game would easily score around a 8 9 for me, but I'm going to give it a 7 for now because the game has a ton of potential to be awesome, I just think the bad connection hinders the experience.
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    Great game
    With wide vast characters
    However I hope that the online does not include the problems of mortal kombat

I hope to get several DLC with more stories
  22. Apr 16, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. BigAbsolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. Big dudes like Bane feel like, well big dudes. They're slow and have a good weight to them. This of course is balanced by powerful attacks and special moves. The characters are very well detailed. The costumes are a mix of Comic books and Animated shows. There's so much to touch on but i really need to get back to play the game. If you're a DC comic book/Animated fan or a fighting game fan this game is a must buy. Kudos to the guys a Netherrealm and WB for giving us this amazing brawler. Expand
  23. Apr 20, 2013
    While this game doesn't offer any groundbreaking stuff this game is a solid good buy specially for fighting game fans. One again Ed Boon has done a great job with this one.
  24. Apr 16, 2013
    My real score would be an 8.5 but with someone giving this game a horrible score and commenting on how the graphics are dog poop, I just have to balance that out. The fighting is actually pretty deep, definitely more involved than MK9 which I loved. I think MK is more fun than Injustice but I can't fault Injustice for that because they give you a nice single player campaign and theMy real score would be an 8.5 but with someone giving this game a horrible score and commenting on how the graphics are dog poop, I just have to balance that out. The fighting is actually pretty deep, definitely more involved than MK9 which I loved. I think MK is more fun than Injustice but I can't fault Injustice for that because they give you a nice single player campaign and the S.T.A.R. Lab missions are also a nice thing to have when you don't feel like going at it in the online arena. Some characters needed to be balanced but the fact that they all play pretty differently shows the devs cared about what they were doing. Expand
  25. Apr 16, 2013
    One step above mortal combat in every way, super fun. Having all of the dc characters, with different abilities just expands the gameplay beyond that I could of imagined.
  26. May 22, 2013
    There were a lot of ideas put into this game and they are quite clever but not necessary. The game feels like a DC comic and everything seems very well detailed which was really good. Unfortunately i did not enjoy the game for many reasons.

Many characters are either over/under powered which is a huge flaw in this game. It is definitely more annoying when playing online as they use the same over powered move over and over again. It seems almost impossible to beat a few characters because of their overpowered specials.

Training mode is pitiful. Usually you would be able to see how a certain combo is done but this game makes it more complicated for beginners to learn how they are preformed. I'm a fighting game enthusiast and i will admit that the combos are difficult to put together. Nether could have simply made it as easy as MK9

Online connection is just as worse as it was in MK. Many others and I have difficulty playing a decent game with no lag or without the server crashing down.

If one can look past these issues then this is definitely the game for you.
  27. Apr 20, 2013
    Gods among us its a good game, but honestly it does feel somehow as same as MK! the game basic mechanism is just as same as MK, the changes and additional features are mostly into the parts where you perform special moves and stuff but the rest of the game feels pretty much as same as MK, the story is really good though and i really appreciate the story in this game as i did for MK. but iGods among us its a good game, but honestly it does feel somehow as same as MK! the game basic mechanism is just as same as MK, the changes and additional features are mostly into the parts where you perform special moves and stuff but the rest of the game feels pretty much as same as MK, the story is really good though and i really appreciate the story in this game as i did for MK. but i guess the gameplay needed more depth into it, i still like Mortal kombat way much more than this, but this is a very good game Expand
  28. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out!
  29. Apr 20, 2013
    Singleplayer game is very good Better or comparable to the other mortal kombat games But online play has issues I always get "game session no longer available" error message as with other nethearrealm games. Online gaming is very ping sensitive.
  30. Apr 17, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, but this game is terrible in comparison. I know it's not the best to compare two different games, but I feel like I have to. Some characters are completely over/under powered. The side games are nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. If I were you... save $60, download the IOS game that's free, and you will enjoy it much better.I am a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, but this game is terrible in comparison. I know it's not the best to compare two different games, but I feel like I have to. Some characters are completely over/under powered. The side games are nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. If I were you... save $60, download the IOS game that's free, and you will enjoy it much better. Seriously... the IOS game is more fun. Expand

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]