James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Xbox 360

6.9

1. Stardert
    Jan 2, 2010
    I liked the film very much and this game gave me one more chance to enjoy the world of Avatar. The graphics are quite good, Pandora is really beautiful. Gameplay is similar to Lost Planet and some other games but it didn't bore me, I enjoyed the plot as well. So, if you liked the movie you just are to try this game out. Enjoy this outstanding wold!
  2. JohnW
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think this game is actually great as iti is so refreshing compared to other first person shooters. The world is sick and the way the game immerses you into it is clever. Playing as a Navi is very cool ! + a fun multiplayer ?? This game is must have.
  3. joshuap
    Dec 8, 2009
    I played and I choose the Na'Vi side, Yes it's repetitive but personally I like it, the JamesCamerons's universe is so stunned on PS3. Using skill at the right moment giving you the possibility to take control of your battle, frankly it's far away of 40/100, I'll recommend it to by friends for sure, so eager to see the movie !
  4. DanielT
    Dec 2, 2009
    This game is sooo underated, its not even funny. Gamespy 40? Come on! I played the multiplayer and first 4 levels and I had fun. Sure its not reinventing anything but heck its not half as bad as the critics seems to be saying. Rent it and see.
  5. jhonnyr
    Dec 9, 2009
    don't trust gaming journalists and reviewers, they reserve high scores for multiplayer games, mindless shooters and frenetic hardcore games. avatar is a very good game.very enjoyable with very pretty graphics.few missions are a bit repetitive but the game is well-framed.
  6. BarilG
    Dec 2, 2009
    Avatar is one of the few excellent shooting game appropriate for children. Having an age rating of 12+, this game seems to be widely misreviewed. Just like Pixar's movies and Nintendo games, Avatar is an high quality triple-A production for the family that stands high above the cheap products usually destined for this audience. It lacks the depth and maturity of hardcore games Avatar is one of the few excellent shooting game appropriate for children. Having an age rating of 12+, this game seems to be widely misreviewed. Just like Pixar's movies and Nintendo games, Avatar is an high quality triple-A production for the family that stands high above the cheap products usually destined for this audience. It lacks the depth and maturity of hardcore games bearing the 17+ age rating, like Gears of War, but instead Avatar is enjoyable for casual gamers curious about exploring the incredibly beautiful world of Pandora. The controls are simple and the missions won't demand trained gaming skills, so the Avatar experience is truly accessible to anyone. Even the chaotic online multiplayer is just plain fun and will make you scream and laugh like you were playing Mario Kart. Just make sure your 16 years old boy doesn't get this instead of its Modern Warfare 2 under the Christmas tree this year. Expand
  7. JeffA
    Dec 12, 2009
    The gameplay is solid and the graphics are gorgeous. Contrary to what the professionals say the story is quite compelling. Quests are a little repetitive but not boring. A sniper rifle would have been nice and a larger more open ended maps would have provided that little bit extra to carry this game into 10 territory.
  8. Joe
    Dec 22, 2009
    Although it fails in comparison to the standard set by FPS' (such as COD) and RPG's (Fallout 3), it does provide a good mix of the two especially taking into account the fact it IS a game tied to a movie. The compelling story and excellent graphics don't hurt it either.
  9. Dec 11, 2015
    I played this game online multilayer it is good and I played the story to this game and I found it interesting but I think the game needs more levels and more missions and it needs to be more like the film and the game should have extra missions for single player.
  10. GianS
    Jan 3, 2010
    Given the movie I can see why anyone wants to go and rush and buy the game.... until they read the reviews. However, sometimes we all have to make up our own minds and not let reviews decide whether we want to get something or not. Quite a bit better than most of the reviews here say in my honest opinion. Great graphics, even without 3d and two campaigns... Oh and did I mention the Given the movie I can see why anyone wants to go and rush and buy the game.... until they read the reviews. However, sometimes we all have to make up our own minds and not let reviews decide whether we want to get something or not. Quite a bit better than most of the reviews here say in my honest opinion. Great graphics, even without 3d and two campaigns... Oh and did I mention the comprehensive Pandorapedia? Must have for any Avatar fan! Expand
  11. NikM
    Jan 4, 2010
    The game is great. The Planet looks like the Movie the Gameplay makes funn. Just the Multiplayer is bad, because the Na'vi have no chance against the RDA
  12. CraigH
    Dec 5, 2009
    The reviewers got it wrong.... this is a fun game with extremely pretty graphics. I found exploring Pandora to be thoroughly engrossing. It's not supposed to be a Modern Warfare 2 beater and it HAS piqued my interest in seeing the movie now. Give it a chance... movie tie-in games of this quality do not come along often.
  13. Jul 14, 2011
    An excellent game. top graphics, lush detailed environments, tons of weapons and abilities and quite a few hours gameplay seeing as you can play through with the navi and the humans and get a completely different experience for each. The vehicles/mounts are fun to ride. diving down from a great height on the navi mounts is pretty exhilarating. there's a conquest mode that plays out like aAn excellent game. top graphics, lush detailed environments, tons of weapons and abilities and quite a few hours gameplay seeing as you can play through with the navi and the humans and get a completely different experience for each. The vehicles/mounts are fun to ride. diving down from a great height on the navi mounts is pretty exhilarating. there's a conquest mode that plays out like a game of risk on pandora. Build units and buildings, take over territories etc. Don't let the luke warm critic reviews put you off. the voice acting is a little shoddy but that's my only criticism. Expand

It does little to endorse Ubisoft's claim that it's been in development for years, as underneath the admittedly high-detail visuals it's a pretty rudimentary thing. It's a long way better than bilge like the Quantum of Solace, but it's certainly got no sense of a landmark pop-cultural moment, in the way we're repeatedly told the film will.
  2. Pandora could well lend itself to a great film, and would lend itself fabulously well to a good third-person action game. Unfortunately, despite providing two third-person action games here for the price of one, both of them are dull and forgettable.
  3. While the presentation is great and the combat generally enjoyable, the missions leave a lot to be desired - and there's little of the sense of wonder that the movie promises. Had the two campaigns been packed with superbly entertaining moments, the missions been more diverse in their structure, and the "vehicles" been more fun to man, then yes, Avatar the Game might have reached the heights its source material looks set to achieve.