Jet Set Radio Xbox 360

7.9

1. Sep 21, 2012
    I played it on my son's DC back when and I liked it OK, but it didn't grab me. But when I played Jet Set Radio Future (the sequel to JSR) on the Xbox, I was blown away. The gameplay was much better. Now had they released a revamp of JSRF, I would get it, because IMO, that was the better game.
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    Just as No Association said to ignore the Critic Metascore I must warn you of the nostalgic user score. This is an awkward game that is in every way worse than its sequel. It's stumbling and slow, but the music and personality is vibrant and will stick with you. Ten bucks you get what you pay for; Don't get much else though.
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    Despite imperfection Jet Set Radio HD manages to stand out in the next-gen because of something essential that every game should have called fun. This game entertains a lot while playing since there is much to do and see, nice tricks can be pulled off which get really crazy and rewarding at the end, designing graffiti is extremely entertaining, and the levels overall are excellentDespite imperfection Jet Set Radio HD manages to stand out in the next-gen because of something essential that every game should have called fun. This game entertains a lot while playing since there is much to do and see, nice tricks can be pulled off which get really crazy and rewarding at the end, designing graffiti is extremely entertaining, and the levels overall are excellent resulting in a fun experience. What was good before is still good now but no game is perfect, like this one, which still has a 4:3 resolution and doesn't seem to have boosted graphics that much, however, the excellent art style hides it all. The controls can be frustrating although with time it will become less of an issue. The sound is quite great such as the voice acting for the iconic Professor K which is a funny and entertaining character. If you enjoyed Jet Set Radio in the past do not doubt in picking this up, even newcomers might enjoy this since despite its shortcomings this game is fun, and that is what matters. Collapse

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    We wish the gameplay had been polished up as much as the graphics. [Issue#91, p.85]
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    As a game, Jet Set Radio isn't going to appeal to everyone. The mechanics are dated, and the look and feel, while still impressive, isn't as distinctive as it was in a prior generation. If you're up for a challenge, however, it's not a bad way to spend 800 Microsoft points. Just be prepared to swear - a lot - as you experience a piece of gaming history.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    Old fashion or maybe obsolete game proves that some legends should have been left to rest. [Nov 2012]