5.1

1. Jul 26, 2014
    *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Great game. While it's not your typical third person shooter that's exactly what makes it stand out. Forget all the goofs trashing this game. They are all clearly COD boys who can't play anything unless it's laid out in front of them like a buffet. Play it. Like it.
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    This is one of the best online co-op campaign games I have played. If you enjoyed the co-op experiences of Gears of War and Left 4 Dead then I highly recommend this game.

Forget the hideous experience of the first game, that was the first game that I remembered that got the characterisation, graphics and story perfectly but forgot about the game play. Kane & Lynch Dog Days completely rebuilt the original game and has made it much more of a shooter as opposed to a squad based shooter with bad AI.

The graphics are brilliant, even though it would be nice to be able to turn off the you-tube-esque pixelisation. This does add to the overall atmosphere of the game though.

There is no score which sometimes bothers me, but this time it works, just using lots of ambient noise from around the city you are in.

The game is essentially a collection of battles but when played on the hardest setting with an appropriate friend this can be a truly visceral experience. Being held down by enemy fire whilst your buddy attempts to flank them is great fun. Bullets flying past your head can be heard in all corners of your surround sound.

The A.I. of the enemy is very good. Many times we would play a section through thinking we knew exactly what was going to happen and the enemy would surprise us by flanking us or coming from a different point of attack.

I truly enjoyed this title and look forward to the next adventures of this egregious pair.
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm surprised critics gave this game such a lower score. Maybe I'm too old school, but I thought even for such a short game, the single player experience trumps a majority of titles this year. I played the first one briefly, but they were really trying for something different in this sequel. The IO team really knows their stuff. It's similar to Alan Wake with the sweat-inducing attention to detail.

The graphics are outstanding, brilliant, and photo realistic. Why people turn off the shakey-cam and other effects, I don't know - you totally lose the whole point. It's among the best looking games released this generation. The look is cellphone cameras - so there's a lot of light leakage, artifacts, IR light. They've perfected high contrast shot outs, every blur you can think of, draw distance tricks, lighting tricks. There's some levels where you're driving, and it looks completely perfect. Another time, you're shooting up a building with a machinegun, and there are tons of artifacts from the virtual camera's sensors shaking around. It's really a must see and beautifully executed.

When I was at E3, I met a few of the level designers for this game at the Square booth. They told me about how much effort was put into the levels - some of the multiplayer levels are based on real heists. But it doesn't matter, once you see the levels and the amount of detail put into each one, you'll want to replay many times. If you can appreciate microscopically high levels of details, at least rent this game. This game has you running around shanghai - there's one place where you're running through a covered arcade through a fastfood place, electronics shop, and back to the streets shooting cops. The helicopter level is ridiculous - how do they maintain the frame rate throughout?

The character design again is superb. In Single Player, it's highly realistic and totally cool - i mean the guy you play wears a wifebeater and has a potbelly. Come on! In multiplayer everyone is a "shady european type" Clearly some reference to Ronin. Sound is really impressive too - loud gunshots, cursing from the player characters, and lots of neat things. My girlfriend complains constantly.

Story isn't very interesting - nothing really happens. Just two killers caught in a horrible situation. Both to blame for their own stupidity. I never felt that I cared about the characters, probably because both of them get shot like 50,000 tines in each level and don't complain. The negatives are that it's pretty damn hard sometimes - once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier. You get shot ALOT and somehow survive without fault. I remember I kept dying horribly on the 3rd level, but then basically never died throughout the game. The AI especially your 3rd, 4th tier companions is REALLY bad. But it doesn't matter, it doesn't detract from the single player experience. Bad guy AI isn't bad, but they're also pretty stupid - This is an area I don't care about, canon fodder is cannon fodder.

Another interesting note is the linearity of the game. It's completely linear without much choice. BUT 1. who cares? 2. the level design is SO good that you won't notice unless you look for it 3. helps pacing 4. there are a lot of choices when you're in a firefight. There's a few times when you feel a time stress, and I was definitely pressured to act fast. I'm not sure what happens if you run out of time.

The point is, reviewers on this site are expecting halo or something. Since they turned off shaky cam, they don't care the experience. Maybe they want achievement points or something. I dunno. Just buy this game, it's like $30 at gamestop.
  5. Aug 18, 2010
    Naughty Bear had all the ingredients to become a great game but somewhere things went wrong. The game has a great concept but will only keep you amused for about two hours. After that, you'll be hitting yourself on the head for buying this game at full price.
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    Kane & Lynch 2 is a beautifully crafted 3rd person shooter. The story is simple, but efficient: a routine job goes wrong and our two gangster heroes are attacked by a rival gang. They are forced to leave Shangai after unsuccessfully trying to save Lynch's girlfriend. The characters & dialogs are entertaining and feels as if they are coming straight out of a Tarantino or Guy Richie movie.Kane & Lynch 2 is a beautifully crafted 3rd person shooter. The story is simple, but efficient: a routine job goes wrong and our two gangster heroes are attacked by a rival gang. They are forced to leave Shangai after unsuccessfully trying to save Lynch's girlfriend. The characters & dialogs are entertaining and feels as if they are coming straight out of a Tarantino or Guy Richie movie. Despite the violent theme, the whole experience is tongue-in-cheek. The encounters are fun, well designed and leave room for multiple strategy (flanking, advance cover-to-cover, etc.). The game is presented as if it was filmed from a cheap hand-held camera. It feels like watching and episode of COPS, on youtube. The combination of effects is impressive (lens flare, noise, out of focus, rain, compression artifacts, etc.) and makes the experience feels some much more real and intense. I am pretty sure this topic will be controversial, but I personally found it amazing. IO took a big rick on the visual, with a franchise that was never popular to start with. I hope people give this game a try despite the harsh critics.

Best enjoyed in split-screen with a buddy on the couch.
  7. Aug 18, 2010
    Contrary to popular belief (or posts) this game is not as horrid as everyone makes it out to be. While I do admit that Kane and Lynch 2 has its fair share of bugs, it makes up for it in story and characters. These two characters are the closest gamers will get to something as gritty and "funny" as someone Tarantino fabricated. The game is very mature and it knows it. It doesn't hold any ofContrary to popular belief (or posts) this game is not as horrid as everyone makes it out to be. While I do admit that Kane and Lynch 2 has its fair share of bugs, it makes up for it in story and characters. These two characters are the closest gamers will get to something as gritty and "funny" as someone Tarantino fabricated. The game is very mature and it knows it. It doesn't hold any of it's punches (aside from obvious nudity i.e. lower human regions, that would otherwise give it an AO rating.) This game is a killer rent, while I admit it does not deserve the full list price it does at least deserve a 10 dollar rental at Blockbuster. It is enjoyable from start to finish. However, don't play on Extreme, you get killed in 2 shots, the AI is overly aggressive and it makes the game feel as worse as the slander that everyone has said. Play it. Expand
  8. Aug 17, 2010
    This is a perfect example of "HEAT - The Game", if it was ever made. Excellent storyline, amazing characters, with great character development, and on top of everything, photo realistic graphics. This game screams to be played at high volume, of course its not for the faint of heart. The camera angle will take a little while to get use to, but like we all say "Buckle Up, its going to be aThis is a perfect example of "HEAT - The Game", if it was ever made. Excellent storyline, amazing characters, with great character development, and on top of everything, photo realistic graphics. This game screams to be played at high volume, of course its not for the faint of heart. The camera angle will take a little while to get use to, but like we all say "Buckle Up, its going to be a bumpy ride" IO has done it again, in my opinion. Their Hitman series were always awesome and intense, and Kane and Lynch really changed the pace. Even Part 1 got not so good reviews, but the game is one of the best when it comes to true/hardcore/action. Also dont forget that this game offers one of the most intense and original online multiplayer modes. Extremely fun to play and will keep you on your toes at all times. Excellent game - Do give it a try - In my case, own it have fun in one of the best co-op games to date! Expand
  9. Aug 17, 2010
    This game is not so bad. Forget the review scores. Let your mind go, relax, drink beer, chill out and blast your way through a cathartic experience. Forget ya troubles, just shot and kill. Who knows, ya might get a promotion....

1. Arguably succeeds more as a mood piece. [Issue#100, p.134]
  2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an interesting beast because it really shouldn't exist. Outside of a unique art style it brings nothing new to the genre and does little to improve over the original game, which I might add, was far from a good game.
  3. Its most striking ideas don't fulfil their promise, and its successes are etched by pervasive minor flaws. The towering, terrifying city, and the lens through which it is shot, drag you onwards through the game's lesser parts, but you sense that the real crime in this whole bloody escapade is that it doesn't live up to its dark flashes of imagination.