7.7

1. Nov 17, 2011
    I played this game for several levels on a festival in Germany. It was surprisingly great fun and very unique. Its like Street Fighter or Mortal Combat (a bit of comics style retro look, which I think fits the mood well) but instead of an avatar the game scans your image inside and you fight inside the levels with real kicks and punches. You can even move quite a bit by punching with two hands and by making somersaults (a mix of jumping and throwing your hands up). It felt more reactive than anything I have tried on Kinect before. I felt no delay. And landing that kick on the face of your enemy is very satisfying . There were also special powers like shooting electricity from your hands with a certain pose in the Star Wars style. And loved the story telling that takes pictures of you and inserts them inside a comic strip. The guy demonstrating the game showed how any item you take (he had wooden axes) scans right into the game with you and you can use them in game to beat down the enemies. Very cool and very different than anything currently out there. I'll definitely be getting this. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2011
    I just recently purchased this game and I haven't played it a bunch, but I cannot deny that it is insanely fun! I think the $40 price point is right on too!!
  3. Jul 1, 2012
    This was the 2nd Kinect game I ever played and it plays beautifully! Learn super moves as your progress through the levels, become the character in cute action comic cut scenes and chop/kick your way through the badies. It is also the most competent game of my currently 10 game Kinect library. It just plays very well, the only issue I had was with doing a back flip and that was just due to my inflexibility and now that I'm use to it, I can do it whenever I want.

The first two stages were a bit repetitious with the enemies, but they begin to throw a larger variety as you get farther into the game. Expect to take a breather every level or so, it really gets your heart pumping and by the end you'll be coated with sweat (if you're a fatty like me).

This game is what Kinect games should be, physically exerting and FUN to the point where it doesn't feel like a "workout", but more like playing outside like you're a kid again.
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    Kung Fu High Impact is a must have for Kinect owners. The comic book scenes are absurdly funny and seeing yourself on screen fighting the bad guys is very amusing and a concept that is new and exciting. Kung Fu High Impact is a simple game that is genuine, comical and can be enjoyed for a long time. I would like to see more games that bring this sort of energy and offer an invaluable experience like Kung Fu High Impact manages to do. Expand
  5. May 25, 2013
    This is a great and unique Kinect game. The idea is simple. It looks rough at first, but the gameplay is polished. There are no glitches because you have complete freedom to fight in any way.

You get a workout no matter what you try. I take turns playing with my 6-year old son so that we can rest in between levels. The comic-strips with photos of the player superimposed can turn out to
    be hilarious.

The game has a lot of replay value. I played the demo for hours, and was constantly trying to buy it. Finally it is available via games on demand for $15. Ignore the inaccurate ratings this game received and go check some videos or try the demo.

1. Mar 8, 2012
    In terms of addressing and incorporating the new standards established by Kinect, Kung Fu High Impact has done well. It's fun played alone or with a group, and is even a great workout.
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    Kung-Fu High Impact is a fun title that feels overpriced. The basic concept is solid, and the game's execution is good. The freedom complements the goofy nature of the game rather well, and the controls perform much better than most Kinect attempts. However, the short length of the game and the lack of any X360-specific features make one wonder why this was released at retail with such a high price point. Should the price drop, this is easy to recommend for times when you want to play with the Kinect but don't feel like playing the typical dance and exercise games.
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    A workout that doesn't work out. The flavor is that of a party game, but within multiplayer it grants no Kinect functionality for other players.