DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda Xbox 360

7.4

1. Nov 17, 2015
    Kung Fu Panda
    A decent Tie In
    Kung Fu Panda is an adventure platform game based off of the kung Fu panda movie, I haven’t seen it so I don’t know how well it lines up, it’s rare to get a complete story in a tie in game, but going into this game knowing absolutely nothing about the movie, I found the games story to be complete with a satisfying ending, The actual game is pretty good too,
    Kung Fu Panda
    A decent Tie In
    The actual game is pretty good too, not great, but a little above average.
    Every level starts out with jack black setting the tone, and then it goes into a pretty good cut scene with great voice acting, and then you get into the actual game.
    This is a beat em up God of War style Adventure game, you go around every level and defeat everything standing in your way.
    Combat is fairly simple, and thanks to enemies dropping food frequently, you’ll never die in combat… its possible, but you just won’t. All levels feel different and all contain an optional objective. Sadly completing these optional objectives seem to give no reward, so they are as optional as they come.
    There are golden coins though that can be spent on health and combat upgrades.
    There are 13 levels in this game, and you’ll play as a handful of the different main character about half of these levels contain a boss and aren’t exclusive to Po.
    The bosses are super simply and vary from doge to quick time event god of war style, or just straight up combat battle.
    Levels are also very short.
    Not many will take you longer than 10 15 minutes. You can complete this game easily in 2 to 3 hours.
    Combat isn’t impressive, neither is the length, but they aren’t the worst part about this game.
    The worst part and also the best part is the platforming.
    The 3D platforming sections were easily my favorite part of the games, you’ll be hopping in the clouds, across lily pads, swinging from tree branches, but the platforming is insanely stiff ultimately making it feel unsatisfying.
    While I can appreciate it being there and what we got is better than nothing, this game would’ve been even better in my mind with more fluent controls.
    And while you’re exploring the levels in Kung Fu panda you can collect these special green coins that unlock multiplayer levels.
    The multiplayer isn’t the greatest ever, but the option is there for up to 4 players to play a very cheap version of super smash bros.
    While Kung Fu Panda won’t occupy anyone for too long, the time that you do spend with it, is fun and worthwhile for fans of the movie.
    For what it is
    Adventure Platformer:
    overall: 7/10
  2. Jun 29, 2015
    i found kung fu panda to be an enjoyable expirience that if you can find it at say 20 dollars pick it up its at least worth trying out and let me say you are gonna have a fun time the graphics are good the music is good the animation is good and the GAMEPLAY!!!!! oh god the gameplay so if you think about a kung fu panda game what do you think ill let you think for a moment (insert jeopardy joke
  3. Dec 20, 2013
    This game was an absolute delight to play. The plot is great and the extras and unlockables are great fun. I didn't find myself getting bored because it was challenging and trying to achieve 100% for an achievement was great motivation!
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    It may be short, but the gameplay is fun and the graphics are decent. There are quite a few characters you can play as and upgrades within the game.
  5. Jul 25, 2011
    Tied with the Movie, is charming , the action has a great pace , the graphics looks pleasant. Very Rare in those cases that a Movie video game captivated me.
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    When i got this i assumed it would be bad (it's a movie tie-in) but i was pleasantly surprised. It was actually really fun. I enjoyed every bit of it. It is a tad bit easy, but thats the only bad thing i can say about it.
  7. PeteB
    Jun 11, 2008
    Impressive graphics, fun story, great voice talent, and overall a really fun game from a small developer, with a small budget, and a small team. Great job.
  8. Mickster
    Jun 10, 2008
    Not your typical rush job to support movie launch. Beautiful graphics on the 360 and solid game play. Kids 6-95 years old will likely enjoy this game even if they haven't seen the movie. Good voice acting.

1. Kung Fu Panda is definitely one of the better movie-inspired games I've played. The combat system as well as the puzzle-platforming style of the game work well together, and the whole game is fun to play.
  2. The story was fresh, funny, and original, the characters where delightfully designed and animated, and professional voiced, and the entire game was a pure delight to play from start to finish. I'm already well on my way through my second pass as I aspire to become a Master Ninja.
  3. With solid gameplay and a great presentation, Kung Fu Panda is easy to recommend to fans of the movie or parents looking to entertain their kids with a robust yet accessible action platformer.