7.7

1. Dec 28, 2011
    Got it today for $30 and so far my mind has been blown away, even my parents and grandmother are amazed by the facial animations! AND ALAN FROM TWO AND A HALF MEN HAS A CAMEO APPEARANCE IN THIS IT'S THAT F*CKING AWESOME!
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    LA Noire is a fantastic game in which you live your life playing as a man in the law force. You start off as a police officer and work your way up through the ranks having to look at everything in extreme detail in order to complete the case. There are several occasions where you are required to watch a suspects face to decide whether they are being honest or hiding something from you. This is a fantastic game and by far the best i have ever seen about the police force. I would highly recommend this game to anyone that loves action with a bit of brain busting thrown in. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    I wanted to get L.A. Noire when it launched but never managed to pick up a copy so was looking forward to the Complete Edition coming out and picked up a copy for a great price (about 60 NZ$).

I'm maybe half way through the game at this point and I'm completely hooked. I'm very impressed by L.A. Noire's story driven narrative, along with the great visuals, animation and music the story
    has me totally invested in this time and place and my character. This is one of the first games on the Xbox I've played that truly feels like grown-up entertainment, you feel a genuine emotional connection with some of the characters and examining your first corpse is un-nerving (even though it's it's no more graphic than what you'll see in a typical episode of CSI).

The combat controls are a little clunky it has to be said but after a few missteps in early missions I feel comfortable with them now. Some may find the game a little too much on-rails for there liking, you are free to drive around town at your leisure but there feels little point in doing this (at least early in the game) and it's more interesting to stick to the missions.

If you haven't already played L.A. Noire and you're in the mood for some grown-up gaming then now is the time to pick it up. The CE is nicely packaged and with 4 discs of content I'm looking forward to working my way trough it all.
  4. Mar 7, 2012
    This game is definelty a unique and innovative type of game. There is not a lot of games that are innovative these days but this one sure is. You are basically a dective through this whole game. You solve cases but using your logic and clues. A lot of the gameplay is answering and responding to questions from witnesses or victims. It may sound boring but each case is different and interesting. You will have to fist fight and gun fight through parts of the game but the majority will be solving a case with question the perp. The facial expression and acting is propbably the best I seen in any video game by far. With the complete edition you get to play all the DLC cases and the majority are fun only like one of them is very flat. If you're a trophy hunter, this is a game with fairly easy amount of trophies to obtain through your first play through and some of them will require to replay the game to get. Overall I highly recommend this game. Expand
  5. Apr 14, 2012
    If LA Noire was a masterpiece, and in my opinion one of the best games ever made, this version with all DLC already included, which increases experience, and bring back to LA of 1940 to the fore. This edition creates something just as incredible that any player that if preze can not lose. Simply a Masterpiece
  6. Aug 9, 2012
    Awesome game! Definitely one of the best I've ever played, and I've been playing for 20 years already. Facial animations are awesome, but the best part of this game are the crime stories and the interrogations. Brilliant!

There are no critic reviews yet.