8.5

1. Sep 28, 2010
    The graphics are pretty average. Gameplay occasionally has some interesting puzzles but most of them are basically "go here, pull the lever, watch the camera pan over to a door and run through quickly" there are a few nice tense moments but overall can get a bit repetitive especially as its been done so much before. I actually felt like I played this game before the way I steamed through it because every puzzle I have done in some form or other before. The story isnt anything special and the voice acting is pretty poor. The sound design is also pretty generic and doesnt really stand out much.

This game is far from a 10 on originality alone but the fact there is still no on line co op 2 months after it came out is a big loser for me. I may come back and bump the score up a little higher when they finally update the multiplayer co op to be online because its not something I have experienced as I live out of town and generally out of convenience it is me visiting my mates rather than them coming all the way out to me where theres no pubs and clubs and the average age of the women is about 72. Its quite hard to tempt them round to play some split screen XBLA reboot title of a previouslyl dried up franchise which I would have to say to them "may or may not be good I havnt played it with anyone yet" Until I experience more than half the game its not going to get more than half the score. This 3 is out of 5 for the singleplayer. When they finally release the multiplayer online and the dlc Ive heard about then I may come back and rate it higher if Im not playing RUSE or Halo or FIFA or something too much.

1. Oct 22, 2010
    But collecting stuff is what Lara Croft does. And when it looks and plays as well as this, there is a lot of enjoyment to be had.
  2. It's the co-op multiplayer that really allows Guardian of Light to shine. [Issue#100, p.136]
  3. This has to be one of my favorite downloadable games to date. With great game play, great co-op, tons of collectibles and a great price, you can't go wrong with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.