8.0

1. Jun 12, 2011
    So this was the first 360 game that was bought for me, and as introductions to new technologies go this game worked well. It was simple and allowed me to get used to the new (albeit not little unchanged) controller. The game is a very good couch co-op game and can easily keep you entertained for a few hours. For the more hardcore gamers, it has the usual collectibles, now commonplace in Lego games, scattered everywhere. This too worked well with the new achievements system available on the 360. However, I personally couldn't give a flying monkeys left armpit, as it isn't in me to sit for hours on end trying to find every single piece of Lego. I got enough of that when my younger brother destroyed all my Lego Harry potter Castles and I had to hunt for all the pieces to built it again. Whilst the game is good in co-op mode, it is an absolute snore fest in single player. The story that was once great, has been dumbed down and made childish to appeal to the masses; although fans of the Star Wars series will recognise points in the plot and appreciate their humour. Aside from that, gameplay gets pretty repetitive and building Lego is no longer fun if all you do is press B. Overall, I think this game is a great gift for Children aged 9 and under, and would work equally as well as a game to entice the many females that I am sure you are "knee-deep in clunge with". Oh yes, Inbetweeners rule. Expand

1. Traveller's Tales has done it again: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy is an even quirkier blend of off-kilter humor, weird puzzles, and blaster-blazing, lightsaber-slashing action. [Oct. 2006, p.84]
  2. Looks, feels, and plays like it's been designed by a group of people who love games, understand gamers and know how important it is to have fun. [Oct 2006, p.58]
  3. Star Wars fans, LEGO fanatics or lovers of the first game will be in ecstasy. A must-buy. [Oct 2006, p.94]