Lost Planet 3 Xbox 360

5.7

1. Aug 27, 2013
    Not my favorite 360 game ever but it has its perks. What initially caught my eye was that it was a Capcom game. The graphics are okay and gameplay is pretty good. Not the greatest in terms of plot but you weren't expecting the game to have a great plot! So yeah, above average but nothing mind blowing. I do recommend it.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    Lost Planet 3 serves a great story offering greater depths into its universe offering a variety of combat on foot or in your mech. However its out dated graphics has its hilarious moments in cut-scenes and can also get slightly repetitive in terms of combat.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    I am extremely annoyed of this lost planet after I started playing it my stress came back,i'm like ugh what happened to team fighting now your solo wow.....I got the game thinking it would be nice and it turned out to be very sad,hopfully trading it in for diablo cant wait.
  4. Sep 9, 2013
    Not much in the graphics department. Rather a dull shooter that feeds you the same enemies over and over and over agian, much like in the Killzone series. The story is somewhat engaging and tense, but then you have to actually play it with clunky controls to get to the next cutscene and it loses interest real fast. Still, I liked the main character very much. Bottom line is that I can'tNot much in the graphics department. Rather a dull shooter that feeds you the same enemies over and over and over agian, much like in the Killzone series. The story is somewhat engaging and tense, but then you have to actually play it with clunky controls to get to the next cutscene and it loses interest real fast. Still, I liked the main character very much. Bottom line is that I can't recommend this because I could barely get myself to finish it. Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is playable, but also a disappointment if you were a fan of the first two and their predecessor, "monster hunter". I didn't look to see, but I would wager this was made by a different developer than both of those series. It feels like they tried to Americanize it too much, and removed all the elements that made the previous titles unique. There is too much hollywood, too muchThis game is playable, but also a disappointment if you were a fan of the first two and their predecessor, "monster hunter". I didn't look to see, but I would wager this was made by a different developer than both of those series. It feels like they tried to Americanize it too much, and removed all the elements that made the previous titles unique. There is too much hollywood, too much halo, too much story-- I'll watch a movie if I want to see good screenwriting. I play games when I want to kill and destroy things. I was highly disappointed in Capcom over the past few titles they have screwed up, but I thought they had redeemed themselves with Revelations. Now it seems like instead of firing the guys from RE6 they moved them to Lost Planet 3...

Lost Planet 3 is about half the pace of 2 because of all the extra talking and unnecessary cut scenes which actually detract from gameplay-- if you're gonna use a lot of story and dialogue, make it happen in - game not in cut scenes. The game mechanics are similar but seem worse than before: aiming is unusually off centered; you can no longer grapple at will or use the hook to pick up t energy; they removed coop story mode (the staple of the series!!!) but left 5 vs 5 which noone ever played (this is not call of duty!!!); most monsters can hit you even when you dodge them, while they take 5-10 shotgun blasts to the face before dying. I mean, I know it's called hard mode, but can we get something between this and the joke of a hard mode from 2 (like maybe functioning controls)?

What is up with the giant robots? This is not Xenosaga, as much as I would love to see that series revived (just not by Capcom). If youre gonna use giant robots you need to make them cool and fast like gundam or at least armored core, not big, slow, and useless-- (really, like 5 small aliens take out a giant steel robot and i cant even eject?!?) There are just too many things wrong with this game...we already had halo and gears of war, they should have stayed true to this game's origins. I couldn't help but notice that all the people who questioned the negative reviews admitted to never having played 1 or 2. Of course you probably like this game better now if you were a strictly halo/gow player before.
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    While being interested in the type of storyline and environment of the lost planet franchise, I never enjoyed the games. That's why I was excited to see them take it in a new direction while still sticking with the same kind of concept. What I experienced wasn't as exciting. It wasn't the story, but the gameplay that makes lost planet 3 not a satisfying game. Having said that, theWhile being interested in the type of storyline and environment of the lost planet franchise, I never enjoyed the games. That's why I was excited to see them take it in a new direction while still sticking with the same kind of concept. What I experienced wasn't as exciting. It wasn't the story, but the gameplay that makes lost planet 3 not a satisfying game. Having said that, the storyline is a bit dull and obvious in the end. The layout seems to borrow a lot from dead space mixed with a hint of gears of war but without the clean flow and accuracy. I went through on hard and, while I enjoy a challenge, found it to be VERY damning. The lack of being able to save whenever you want to was also a source of annoyance. There is also a large part of the game dedicated to mech combat and playtime which normally is very exciting to me...unfortunately, it too was flawed. The mech controls were quite clunky and very slow. The combat was boring and hard to aim a lot of the time. I resorted to step on most things rather than try to hit them or engage in the 1 second counter window. Some boss fights were double frustrating due to having to go through the previous 2 minute long cut scene (in addition to the just as long load times) before starting the fight again after dying. It really killed my momentum.

The only time i would suggest you play this is either you've borrowed/rented it or someone has offered to buy it for you. If those don't work out, wait for it to go down in price which I doubt will be a long wait. I'm OK with playing it...but the fact I paid 60$ for it still stings. Not the worst game but its not good either...it's just kinda...there.
  7. Apr 24, 2015
    I had not actually heard anything about the game so bought it off the cuff. I really liked it. nice story. lots of monsters to kill(without it becoming boring non stop carnage), missions to complete and interesting bosses. I had no expectations so couldn't be disappointed. I enjoyed my time on the game. but I like a bit of a story with my games.
  8. Sep 4, 2013

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Lost Planet 3 has positive elements that a player can truly enjoy. The surprisingly deep storyline and character depth can make up for some of the flaws in the gameplay systems, but dull and repetitive battles make this title nothing more than average.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Oct 14, 2013
    Spark Unlimited had the ambition to revive the Lost Planet franchise, but the execution is sorely lacking in multiple areas. [Issue#103, p.82]
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    There's already been a price drop of about $20 for Lost Planet 3, which makes it a pretty good deal. The timing for such a thing isn't great. There are a couple new consoles launching soon and the tidal wave of 4th Quarter games has only just started, I think Lost Planet 3's window of opportunity has closed for this somewhat enjoyable mid-tier game.