Lucidity Xbox 360

7.6

1. bleunt
    Oct 7, 2009
    I love it! It's a mixture of World of Goo, Braid, Lemmings and storybooks for children. The only problem I have is the Xbox 360 controller, and I would urge anyone who has a PC to play it with a mouse instead. The 360 controls work, and they won't ruin the great game experiance at all, but a mouse is smoother for this type of gameplay. Or just wait, and hope for it to land on I love it! It's a mixture of World of Goo, Braid, Lemmings and storybooks for children. The only problem I have is the Xbox 360 controller, and I would urge anyone who has a PC to play it with a mouse instead. The 360 controls work, and they won't ruin the great game experiance at all, but a mouse is smoother for this type of gameplay. Or just wait, and hope for it to land on the Wii. But as it is, I have to love it anyway. Great job! Expand
  2. bobsmith
    Oct 8, 2009
    great art style! Game play, story and character is unique too! Glad LucasArts is doing great stuff and getting back to their roots.
  3. JasonG
    Oct 8, 2009
    A very enjoyable, beautiful and engrossing game, despite it's flaws. For fans of games like Lemmings, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, Kirby's Canvas Curse and such. The gameplay is a strong mix of puzzler/platformer. But were it excels the most is the storybook style visuals and dreamscape tunes.

1. Lacking the intuitiveness that the game demands, Lucidity is a product that feels incomplete, despite the polish on the visuals. Perhaps with a patch the system can be salvaged, but until then, it’s best to steer away.
  2. With a beautiful, dream-like style Lucidity grabs you almost instantly. But while playing it slowly loses its grip. The concept knows too many flaws and irritations to keep you fascinated and the story is too minimal to provide a counterbalance.
  3. Lucidity is an interesting experiment, a beautiful indie-flavored game and a welcome addition to Xbox Live’s crowd of old arcade game ports. Gamers who appreciate metaphor and meaning will certainly find much to enjoy here. It’s just a shame that it isn’t more fun to play.