5.7

1. Jan 6, 2014
    I really love the Madden franchise. This game is very well made (The Play Now AFL Mode is really cool) but I just find myself playing the other Madden games than this one. Even though it has a low replay ability, it is still a well made gridirion game.
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    Graphics good. Everything else is not innovative at all. 2K and Sega were a blessing for Football video games. EA sports should be ashamed of themselves. Selling this rehashed junk and calling it a new game. Worst con in the modern era.
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    Quite honestly I'm not a sports fan, but I do watch the NFL, this game just feels like a cash grab to me. The A.I. is either running for the ball or just standing around doing nothing. The commentary is good, but it gets annoying when they say the same thing over and over even when you're playing as a different team. Even when the game plays good, I'm already bored to death. EA is justQuite honestly I'm not a sports fan, but I do watch the NFL, this game just feels like a cash grab to me. The A.I. is either running for the ball or just standing around doing nothing. The commentary is good, but it gets annoying when they say the same thing over and over even when you're playing as a different team. Even when the game plays good, I'm already bored to death. EA is just money hungry with this franchise and should just stop making these games. They obviously don't want to except the fact that the customers make the company. Expand
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    TOO SIMILAR TO MADDEN 10. This is review for first time madden owners. this game is great for guys without madden 10. Great graphics, good gameplay, poor commentary though. If you have madden 10, dont buy.
  5. Aug 3, 2011
    This game is really solid, but it's missing some of the awesome things old Madden's used to have. Like classic teams. I still quite enjoy playing Madden though.
  6. Jul 11, 2011
    I love it. At first the "Gameflow" is a bit odd to get used to, but once you customize the way your gameflow works, it is perfect. The character movement is tweaked to a more real movement this year. The only thing keeping me from a 10 is that for some reason, the ball can still teleport into your hands...
  7. May 16, 2011
    I have said it before, and I'll say it again: EA Sports needs to release their sports games only once every 3 years. Not much can be done to a game in 8 months, and each iteration of Madden seems to disappoint with its lack of ingenuity. I am truly glad that NBA Live was killed for 2011, and I only hope and pray that Madden will take a sabbatical so EA can relearn its roots. This gameI have said it before, and I'll say it again: EA Sports needs to release their sports games only once every 3 years. Not much can be done to a game in 8 months, and each iteration of Madden seems to disappoint with its lack of ingenuity. I am truly glad that NBA Live was killed for 2011, and I only hope and pray that Madden will take a sabbatical so EA can relearn its roots. This game is the same Madden of last year, the same Madden of two years ago, the same Madden of 3 years ago; it just has Old Spice commercials and "updated" rosters. Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2011
    Madden 11 is a pretty decent football game. Sure, it's pretty much just last year's game with updated rosters and rankings, but it's still fun. Like always, my favourite game modes are Franchise and online (with Xbox Live). They're are a few new features, as well, that are pretty great. Two of the biggest added features are GameFlow and online team play. GameFlow is great. It automaticallyMadden 11 is a pretty decent football game. Sure, it's pretty much just last year's game with updated rosters and rankings, but it's still fun. Like always, my favourite game modes are Franchise and online (with Xbox Live). They're are a few new features, as well, that are pretty great. Two of the biggest added features are GameFlow and online team play. GameFlow is great. It automatically chooses a play for you that isâ Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    As a longtime Madden player I would never use GameFlow, but it finally let me play against my young kids, since the robot calls the plays for them in this mode. Music is more stock than in previous Madden games. They changed the audibles, so I lost my years of self-training on them this year. Still a great game.
  10. Feb 6, 2011
    Let's get real here.This game is a good game and EA is giving us a little every year because there isn't any competition anymore.Trust me people if 2K way still making football games everything would be different right now.@k would be kicking maddens axx.BUT it would of pushed the people making the Madden games to make better and better games and madden 10 and 11 would be differentLet's get real here.This game is a good game and EA is giving us a little every year because there isn't any competition anymore.Trust me people if 2K way still making football games everything would be different right now.@k would be kicking maddens axx.BUT it would of pushed the people making the Madden games to make better and better games and madden 10 and 11 would be different games-trust me.But for how it is,it's a good game and they give us a little bit every year but no game they make will ever let me stop playing espn nfl 2k4 & 5.Those games still give me the chills when I play after all these years!I don't see how Madden will ever be more then an "8" kinda game. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2011
    This is the BEST Madden ever. The running game is much improved and the hit sticking is much more realistic. Great physics and improved graphics combined with accurate player models make this game an almost perfect football simulation. My one complaint is that EA STILL has not been able to figure out Multi year draft pick trading in Franchise mode. Even if they just do two years at aThis is the BEST Madden ever. The running game is much improved and the hit sticking is much more realistic. Great physics and improved graphics combined with accurate player models make this game an almost perfect football simulation. My one complaint is that EA STILL has not been able to figure out Multi year draft pick trading in Franchise mode. Even if they just do two years at a time it would be a big boost. Expand
  12. Dec 12, 2010
    EA's long-running Madden series has reached its 12th installment over the past 20 odd years. The series has seen its ups and downs throughout various releases, leaving many both amazed and disappointed. Madden 11 isn't a disappointment, but those looking for deep changes to the Madden franchise may still not find what they are looking for with this game.

Madden NFL 11 introduces some

Madden NFL 11 introduces some new features, but overall the game sticks with the template that each game in the series follows, which technically isn't a bad thing. The typical Play Now exhibition mode as well as the Franchise and NFL Superstar modes are found once again in this edition of Madden NFL. However, these modes have been left virtually untouched, much like previous games. Though the deep experience, particularly with Franchise mode, is still as good as it was in years past, the modes are becoming a bit stale, and I am sure many fans would like to see some new additions/depth to these game modes. The Madden Moments feature in this game is particularly fun considering last year's season had many intense highlights. Packaged with these modes are the traditional training mini game modes, practice, and roster options.

One of the new features in Madden NFL 11 is the addition of 3 player multiplayer co-op, where you and two friends control a team of your choice and play either another team of 3 players or the CPU. If you have ever played multiplayer in Madden in the past, you know how frustrating it can be, particularly for the second player controlling a wide out or running back. However, Madden 11 does an amazing job at making each position genuinely fun to play. No longer does the quarterback have all the fun. This is definitely the most enjoyable multiplayer experience in a Madden game yet.

Another new feature that you'll experience soon into the game is the Gameflow feature. This feature condenses play-calling into a single button press. By simply pressing the A button, the CPU automatically selects a play that will work well in the situation your team finds itself in. This feature shortens the amount of time it takes to play a game. With accelerated clock and Gameflow on, typical 5 minute quarter games are over in about 15-25 minutes depending on the events in the game. You can also play full 15 minute quarter games in a much shorter time span if you would like to be on the field for a little longer. Though one might expect Gameflow play-calling to be a poor method of moving the ball, the CPU usually does a very good job at selecting a good play. I have yet to have a running play called on 3rd and long, and that seems like a good testament that, overall, the CPU knows what its doing. This particular feature is obviously targeted to new or more casual fans of the series. Thankfully, the playbook option is still available for those who wish to choose their own plays.

The gameplay in Madden NFL 11 has improved significantly from last year's game. Running the ball is the most enjoyable it has ever been in the series. The game removes the turbo feature, which may sound like a foolish idea, but your player picks up speed in a very fluid, natural way. This also prevents you from outrunning your blockers, which do an excellent job of making holes for you to run through. Rarely ever did I find myself stopped because of a missed block. Your juke and spin moves can also be controlled by the two analog sticks, and once you get the hang of it, it feels the most natural way to play the game, making all of your stiff arms and spins more effective. You can also pivot your upper body to avoid would-be tacklers.

The character model improvements were a highlight as well. Most of the players and coaches have fairly accurate player model counterparts, which I found to be quite impressive. Though it may sound nit-picky, there are a few character models that are less than accurate--Josh McDaniels for instance, looks to be a 45 year old man. That aside, the character models both on and off the field look better than ever. Commentary has improved significantly, with the monotone Tom Hammond being replaced with the enthusiastic Gus Johnson, who often yells team-related celebrations after a win or a score. Though some aspects of the commentary do sound scripted and robotic, overall it is the best commentary we've seen. Without spoiling too much, post-game super bowl celebrations were also quite impressive.

In conclusion, though the game doesn't improve upon every aspect, the improvements it does make are very impressive and add to the fun factor and longevity of the game. The game will appeal to both hardcore fans of the series and newcomers, but those looking for drastic changes and improvements to the series may be disappointed.

Presentation - 8

Graphics - 8

Sound - 7

Gameplay - 8

Lasting Appeal - 6

Overall - 7
  13. Nov 24, 2010
    I'm someone who likes to play my sports games in single player. So if that invalidates my review then whatever. There is improvement here from last year. I thought I'd hate the exclusion of turbo, but I didn't. The difficulty is really there when you play on All Madden level. The improvements aren't drastic but they are there over '10.
  14. Oct 30, 2010
    I play this game with a friend of mine every other day and it is a lot of fun, but it seems each day we play, we find something else that shouldn't be happening in the game, be it from improper non-interceptions, improper catches, glitched movement, poor facial features (seriously, they BARELY look like the real person!), and all of this on the All-Madden difficulty. Go lower inI play this game with a friend of mine every other day and it is a lot of fun, but it seems each day we play, we find something else that shouldn't be happening in the game, be it from improper non-interceptions, improper catches, glitched movement, poor facial features (seriously, they BARELY look like the real person!), and all of this on the All-Madden difficulty. Go lower in difficulty, and you will be faced with even more strange plays that occur. It is however, without a doubt, a fun game, and appeals to the causal and hardcore gamer, and of all experience levels. So, that is my flatbread feedback sandwich, enjoy. Expand
  15. Oct 12, 2010
    madden 11 is the worst madden. and i hate all the maddens DO NOT WASTE MONEY on this horrible game
  16. Sep 16, 2010
    The cover is pretty cool, but the game itself is not that much. The option of turning the game speed faster was a really upside in my opinion, and the madden moments are still pretty cool, but it still doesn't have that awesome gameplay that madden 06 and 07 had back in the days.
  17. Sep 10, 2010
    Another great effort from EA. Many will complain, year-in and year-out, that Madden just isn't different enough from the previous year, and not enough improvements were made - but how much can you change a superior game before it becomes counterproductive? Madden is highly polished. The graphics look much improved even compared to Madden 10. Small tweaks like sliding during rainy/snowyAnother great effort from EA. Many will complain, year-in and year-out, that Madden just isn't different enough from the previous year, and not enough improvements were made - but how much can you change a superior game before it becomes counterproductive? Madden is highly polished. The graphics look much improved even compared to Madden 10. Small tweaks like sliding during rainy/snowy conditions, a greater depth of catching/running/tackling animations, and more varied post-play coverage all contribute to a better-looking game. Watching your quarterback slip during his five-step drop in the rain, gather himself, fling a deep pass as he gets tripped by a defensive lineman, and having the receiver leap into the air for the catch, then getting speared by the cornerback before he can even hit the ground, is very rewarding.

The "strategy pad" and GameFlo are useless additions - for serious football fans and Madden players, they offer more hindrance than convenience. The old pre-snap controls have become unconscious muscle memory for most of us, and didn't need to be altered. I know enough about the playbooks that I don't require GameFlo to help me decide what's appropriate during each situation - I can figure that out just fine on my own. Hopefully the outcry about the pre-snap controls compels EA to do away with it. Luckily, GameFlo can just be turned off.

If there is only one reason to get the new Madden 11, it's the new play-by-play commentary by the one, the only, Gus Johnson. His animated calls and over-the-top antics are a welcome change from Tom Hammond's bland monotone. While Gus' commentary is understandably limited in his first year with Madden, it will only deepen with each year. It's still fresh for me after about 2 dozen games, though Collinsworth has gotten a bit old after a few years (I love Collinsworth, but they need to completely overhaul his sound bytes - you can't just keep reusing and building, you also need to eliminate the older stuff that gets stale).

The new "Breast Cancer Awareness" mode or whatever it's called is also pretty cool. Apparently, EA donated $100,000 to Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and they've incorporated a massive, pink theme (from graphics on the field and UI to player equipment and sideline stuff like towels and Gatorade dispensers) when you're playing in October for Be A Pro, Franchise etc. There's also, I believe, a separate game mode for Breast Cancer Awareness when you're trying to play exhibition contests.

Overall, Madden keeps in the spirit of its thoroughly enjoyable games without staying put - gameplay and presentation tweaks have definitely made the game fresh, though some changes are unwelcome (but not required, thankfully). It's more polished, though there's still room to grow.
  18. Sep 6, 2010
    For one, this game is just like NCAA 11, just with different teams. The graphics also look somehow worse than that game and the little headset feature in the quarterback's ear is just really repetitive and not very good. So my point here is, you can get NCAA 11 for maybe a 5$ discount because of this game. Same game but again, somehow the graphics are worse in this game, i can't stressFor one, this game is just like NCAA 11, just with different teams. The graphics also look somehow worse than that game and the little headset feature in the quarterback's ear is just really repetitive and not very good. So my point here is, you can get NCAA 11 for maybe a 5$ discount because of this game. Same game but again, somehow the graphics are worse in this game, i can't stress enough on how this does not make sense because they had more time to work on this game but it is the same new running mechanics and core gameplay as NCAA so if you are in to football sports games, go for the college edition this year. Expand
  19. Aug 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is basically madden 10, with less of a challenge of getting into the end zone on any play level, and more of a challenge of stopping your opponent from doing the same thing. The tackling in the this game is a joke, but online play is the biggest joke of it all. I have yet to finish an entire game, which makes my DNF going on 10 games, they all quit or lose connection in the middle of the first quarter and you canâ Expand
  20. Aug 24, 2010
    This game is not that bad as almost everyone said. I know, that franchise mode and a superstar mode is same as previous year, but this series made a great step forward. The animations is pretty cool, graphic is also better then last year and a "Gameflow" feature is pretty awesome.
  21. Aug 23, 2010
    This is the biggest pay-to-play crap I've ever seen. The game comes with a code for online play. So if you buy the game used, you have to pay to play online. The game also has an "Ultimate Team" mode that starts you off with a deck of players (like playing fantasy football), and you earn "coins" to buy new decks of players. It would be a good idea, but the cards all expire after x games.This is the biggest pay-to-play crap I've ever seen. The game comes with a code for online play. So if you buy the game used, you have to pay to play online. The game also has an "Ultimate Team" mode that starts you off with a deck of players (like playing fantasy football), and you earn "coins" to buy new decks of players. It would be a good idea, but the cards all expire after x games. When you don't earn enough coins for enough decks to fill all the positions, you can only buy new coins (using real money). I've never seen a game-mode that can only be played if you pay to play it. It's classic bait-and-switch, and a total greedy money grab. I'll never buy Madden again! Expand
  22. Aug 23, 2010
    I don't usually like to jump right on and review a game within 24 hours of purchasing it. I usually give myself a little time to form a more accurate opinion, but Madden NFL 11 really left a lot on the field from my perspective. EA Sports' Madden slogan is, "If it's in the game, it's in the game". practice squads, bundling and trading draft picks from next year's crop (or the year after),I don't usually like to jump right on and review a game within 24 hours of purchasing it. I usually give myself a little time to form a more accurate opinion, but Madden NFL 11 really left a lot on the field from my perspective. EA Sports' Madden slogan is, "If it's in the game, it's in the game". practice squads, bundling and trading draft picks from next year's crop (or the year after), fully customizable playbooks, plays, and uniforms, and 45 man game-day rosters are all things that are "in the game" but still no where near the madden franchise. I may be in the sad minority here, but I don't give a crap about online play, especially online team-play. What I tend to focus on the most is franchise mode. Playing the franchise mode on Madden 11 is a serviceable experience at best, but very disappointing if you were hoping for any upgrades. It is basically the EXACT SAME interface as Madden 10. With the exception of mid-day lighting/shadow contrasts, the In-game presentation has been polished visually (but they still get some minor uniform details wrong), but the actual game-play is frustrating. The new "strategy pad" is certainly subtraction by addition. EA has had the same format for YEARS for pre-snap adjustments with the trigger buttons. This "strategy pad" changes that for no good reason at all and actually involves more button pushes and more time than the old format. This is the opposite of what they were going for in their efforts to "streamline" the game-play. Also, they decide that after 6 or 7 years of the analogue stick kicking interface, that they would go back the X button double-tap timing system. A curious move at best. Most of these changes seem like they were made for the sake of making them, with no real thought toward overall gameplay efficiency or accuracy. The new "gameflo" system is only commendable for the effort made. It is misguided and inaccurate, but i do agree with them that coaches/offensive coordinators don't come into a game with 300 plays to choose from. It seems to me that there's better ways of going about this, like selecting from your playbook a choice of 20 plays or so, and carrying them into a game with you, and that's all you have that you can call, and you select those plays based on what works well against your opponent's commonly called plays. That would also alleviate the burden of having to hear some jacknut OC tell me why he's calling a ridiculously useless play (i know, i can just turn it off. i did.). As for the in-game commentary, once again, i'm probably in the vast minority, but i haven't listened to that in years on any sports game, so i'm no authority there. For the sake of being fair, I'm sure it's earth-shatteringly amazing. It's probably the one thing that would change my whole outlook on this game, because it's the one thing I turn off immediately every year. I just don't think NFL football players have the TV commentary presentation playing in their helmets while they're playing the game. Considering I was one of the midnight release people that had had this game reserved and completely paid for a full month in advance it pains me to say, but overall, this game is a $60 roster update. In summary: meh... Collapse
  23. Aug 22, 2010
    Don't be fooled! This is the best Madden game in years! I have hated madden since I first played it back in 1993! But this is the first year that they have done something worthwhile. Longtime fans may hate it, as I first did, but once you get used to the changes, you see it is a better game.
  24. Aug 20, 2010
    Oh I am soo dissapointed yet again with this game. It honestly gets worse each year. The gameflow makes it feel like an arcade game like Blitz or something and no longer an NFL simulation. It is far to easy at default settings. I have turned them up but haven't found a sweet spot yet. The online play is laggy and there are no provisions to prevent poor online sportsmanship. DoOh I am soo dissapointed yet again with this game. It honestly gets worse each year. The gameflow makes it feel like an arcade game like Blitz or something and no longer an NFL simulation. It is far to easy at default settings. I have turned them up but haven't found a sweet spot yet. The online play is laggy and there are no provisions to prevent poor online sportsmanship. Do yourself a favor, get NCAA 2011 instead. At least rent before you buy and make you own decision. I hope 2K games or anyone else gets an NFL license soon. Once Madden got that they got lazy and quality has been getting consistently worse. By the way, I am selling my copy should anyone want it in spite of my warning. Expand
  25. Aug 19, 2010
    Another year. Another Madden. Madden 11 is like the Rams. It shows promise, but then collapses on itself in certain areas, bringing the overall expeience down. Does Gus bring to the gridiron what Tom couldnâ
  26. Aug 18, 2010
    Good Game

I wouldn't say it's a great game. Actually, they don't invent anything new in this iteration, but if you haven't played a Madden game in a while I would definitely recommend this game.

27. Aug 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a wonderful new addition to the Madden series. New game modes, graphics, and updates made Madden a better game. In-fact, one of the great reasons to get this game is that there are new key additions to the visual gameplay. The game shows everything from players celebrating, or stomping off the field. However, there aren't anything else besides that, Besides the few tweaks, every year is the same thing. That's why i give the game a 7 out of 10. Expand
  28. Aug 14, 2010
    This game took a step back from last year. Why take out the sprint and that gang tackling? But more importantly, why the hell does EA refuse to allow the Xbox servers to host games? EA's servers are crap. They are laggy and it took me 10min to find a game that actually connected, then all i had to deal with was the noticeable delay between when i pressed the button and when somethingThis game took a step back from last year. Why take out the sprint and that gang tackling? But more importantly, why the hell does EA refuse to allow the Xbox servers to host games? EA's servers are crap. They are laggy and it took me 10min to find a game that actually connected, then all i had to deal with was the noticeable delay between when i pressed the button and when something actually happened, which in a timing based game is a pretty big deal. Plus, i can't even play with half my friends because of connections issues, issues i have never had in the past with games hosted on Xbox's servers. EA is junk, money money money. This game is getting sold back when Game Stop opens in the morning. Expand
  29. Aug 14, 2010
    Some thoughts about the full game now that I've had a chance to get a couple of games in. A couple of high notes:

The good: -The game feels more like real football. The developers obviously went out of their way to change some of the core code for the gameplay, and, so far, the changes are mostly good. -The "Strategy Pad" isn't a big deal. The hardcore Madden guys were really whining

The good:

-The "Strategy Pad" isn't a big deal. The hardcore Madden guys were really whining about this, but the reality is that it's nice to have all of your adjustments accessible in one place. It's an adjustment, but one I think I'll try before switching back to the old system once they patch it in (because of the whining).

-"GameFlow" works. I really thought I was going to hate this feature, but I don't at all. You set up a gameplan and GameFlow gives you a play...if you don't like it, you can audible. Speeds the game up tremendously. Games went from an hour to 30 minutes or so without feeling like you lost anything.

-No more stupid animations. Also speeds up the game. You don't need to worry about the did he/didn't he charade for first downs and touchdowns.

-Players play smarter. Both receivers and DBs play the ball. The WR won't stand still while the DB jumps the route.

-Running feels more natural: Because of the new blocking system (which works better) and the new right stick control, it feels better running the ball. You have more control over the runner.

-The sound is much better. The commentary is light years better than last year (but not perfect), but the stadium sounds are on the money. Sounds like a real game.

The bad:

-They didn't touch franchise mode. Franchise mode is still a shell of what it was on the PS2, which is ridiculous. This year they focused on the gameplay, but I still think they could have had a team working to improve some of the bells and whistles. That they didn't is a disappointment. From what I understand, this will be a focus of the next iteration...but I hate looking forward to next year's offering when this one is fresh. If they'd enhanced this, I'd be much happier with the game.

-Sponsorship integration sucks. Hey, I just paid a bunch of money for the game...it annoys me that they're trying to rape me with ads. There's an "Old Spice Swagger" attribute, and I don't even know what the hell it is. Even the achievements have sponsors. Too much.

-Nickle and diming me also sucks. People can buy boosts (read: cheats) that they can use online. farging hate that. Takes away the even playing field for people that don't want to shell out more money. Awful practice, but it won't affect me all that much because I generally only play people I know these days. Still, I find it distasteful.

-People will be back to abusing Vick online. Vick can't throw for shtein...but he can run like hell in this game. He'll be really annoying to play against. Also, while we're on the subject of Eagles QBs, Kolb is rated too low, particularly his accuracy. He and Vick have essentially the same overall rating, but Vick has the physical tools that will entice people to choose him over Kolb, I think. I think Kolb needs a bit of a boost.

Overall:
    - I like it, and it's an improvement over previous versions. I'd be closer to loving it if the made substantive changes to the Franchise mode.
  30. Aug 13, 2010
    As a football fan, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. This game is very good. The new game function, Game-Flow, is great for casuals and new Madden players while there is still a chance to play the game the conventional way. They have improved almost everything. The Madden Moments are great to replay some very good matches in the history of NFL. The on-line part is reallyAs a football fan, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. This game is very good. The new game function, Game-Flow, is great for casuals and new Madden players while there is still a chance to play the game the conventional way. They have improved almost everything. The Madden Moments are great to replay some very good matches in the history of NFL. The on-line part is really good. The Co-op playing is fun with football fan friends. In conclusion I can recommend this game to every NFL fan. It's a good way to prepare for this year's season. Expand
  31. Lkr
    Aug 12, 2010
    Excellent release for Madden. The run game has been fixed with improved blocking schemes on offense. On defense, blitzing has been made more realistic. The one negative in this game, which is the dpad defensive audible system. Fortunately, EA has promised a patch to fix this and revert back to the old system. The locomotion system makes fighting for extra yards and running in generalExcellent release for Madden. The run game has been fixed with improved blocking schemes on offense. On defense, blitzing has been made more realistic. The one negative in this game, which is the dpad defensive audible system. Fortunately, EA has promised a patch to fix this and revert back to the old system. The locomotion system makes fighting for extra yards and running in general more fluid. The addition of online team play is very addicting if you have friends to play with. The included Super Bowl and AFL modes also add extra value(AFL was a DLC add on last year). Weekly roster updates for ratings and injuries will be released throughout the season, so the roster will always be up to date. Madden Ultimate team also returns for the best time waster in the world. Expand
  32. Aug 12, 2010
    Best Madden yet! However that's only because the only thing they ever change year to year is the graphics and small gameplay details, they've completely abandoned superstar mode, and the create a team options haven't changed in years. I think EA has to work harder to produce more of a complete game
  33. Aug 12, 2010
    Ok yes Madden is the best NFL game on the market, well pretty much the only one on the market these days with no competition to push the boundaries EA have just pumped out another years edition without anything worthwhile to warrant paying for roster updates and mediocre changes in game play.
  34. Aug 11, 2010
    When Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in yourWhen Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in your life, and although they have to appeal to the casual sports fan, they also have to stay loyal to there gamer fans who want nothing less than to make the experience as authentic as possible, I feel like although this years game is more realistic, it seems to be watered down a whole lot everything is too simple. Madden 09 delivered what I was hoping for, these last two years have been a little bit of a bummer but overall it's still Madden and it's still a solid title, it's not bad, it's just not a breakout year for EA instead it's "just another Madden". Expand
  35. meh
    Aug 11, 2010
    Money, money, money. The Madden franchise is the cash cow for EA. Every year, they release the same game with an updated roster and a graphic tweak. This year is no different; the player models look more realistic and there is less clutter on the UI making calling plays easier.
  36. Aug 23, 2010

1. Jan 9, 2011
    Aside from the new dpad mapping, gameflow and some new graphic elements, there aren't too many innovations in this last chapter. It seems that the best football simulator is getting hard to update.
    Madden 11 is without a doubt the best American football game on the Xbox 360. [Issue#65, p.85]
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    As I said in my first field report, hardcore Madden players may not appreciate all the changes, but those of us who are more casual fans have a lot to like.