6.4

1. Mar 6, 2012
    This game isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But it has made big strides in the right direction. I don't think it will ever be where nba2k is, but I think its because of the sport, not the game. People need to understand that baseball isn't a high action sport, and it isn't the developers fault that that is what they are given to work with. That being said, baseball is a statistical driven sport and this game goes a long way into intertwining statistical percentages with game play. The commentary is much better, the graphics and sound are vastly improved. My biggest gripe is the baserunning, which has always been my big gripe. The baserunners look like they are running in a Benny Hill skit, and basestealling is a tad unresponsive. Runners should not slow up and run with their bodies at a 90 degree angle to the ground. They remain low and run with their heads ahead of their feet, not straight up. All in all, this game was definitely a good start to rebuilding a franchise that I for one hope gets renewed for next season. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Fantastic game. I have been playing this game all morning and afternoon and it is very addictive. IGN is way off in saying that this is just like last years version. Total improvement.

1. Jun 4, 2012
    MLB 2K12 has made some strong strides to improve the overall product. Pitching, as one would expect with the Million Dollar Challenge, is the strongest aspect of this game, and it can be fun if a player enjoys just doing that. The hitting system has taken great strides, but a lackluster My Player mode and many little glitches and graphical blunders take away from an overall product. Improvement still needs to be there in order to get to the big leagues of gaming.
  2. Apr 2, 2012
    PS3 owners should rightly gravitate toward the MLB: The Show franchise, while Xbox owners may as well sit out this year entirely.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    This game's better than last year's, but it's not necessarily worth going out and getting if you have the last couple outings.