7.1

1. Jun 5, 2011
    MLB 2K7 is an unbalanced and, in a way, bipolar. At some points you hit homeruns like it's the derby, and at others you are excited to muster up even a single. The game is unpredictable, the hitting is just plain stupid, and the pitching is old a repetive. Gamplay: The gameplay is unfair and unrewarding. The hitting is hard even on Pro settings, and every strike is borderline. If you hitMLB 2K7 is an unbalanced and, in a way, bipolar. At some points you hit homeruns like it's the derby, and at others you are excited to muster up even a single. The game is unpredictable, the hitting is just plain stupid, and the pitching is old a repetive. Gamplay: The gameplay is unfair and unrewarding. The hitting is hard even on Pro settings, and every strike is borderline. If you hit the ball in the air, it's either a 450ft homerun or a gold glove play from some random John Smith. If you hit it on the ground it's either gold glove play or single. Simply put, the hitting is 50% luck and 50% skill. Timing the pitches is tough enough, and hitting the ball where nobody else is extremely difficult even on lower difficulties. The batter's eye is nothing but a hinder. The pithcer throws a pitch before you can even set it up sometimes. I found it useless and didn't utilize the feature in my first 10 or so games. The pitching is okay compared to the bipolar hitting. Pitching is all timing and knowing how far the pitch drops. There is no way to know how far the pitch drops unless you've pitched with the pitcher you are using before. You are basically guessing the whole first inning. Sometimes I would hit the catcher's spot dircectly and the CPU would smack a homerun or take for a ball. The catchers are stupid to say the least, and I prefer to pick were I want the ball instead. Now the fielding. The fielding is so bad and chock-full of glitches that there is nothing that I can say is good. Fielders sometimes run right past the ball, resulting in triples and IPHRs. Fielders sometimes don't do what you tell them to do. Sometimes when a man is going to 3rd base or Home, the fielders will just lob the ball in like their playing catch with 6 year olds. It destroys all chances of no-hitters, perfect games, shutouts, even complete games. Even the best fileders look foolish with the terrible controls and glitches. The gameplay is a 4.0
    Presentation: The persentation is very tatty and unofficial. It doesn't remind you of baseball at all besides Derek Jeter's picture at the main menu. it reminds me of going into the garage of a car dealership. Metallic and white, nothing exciting here. The music is OK. Most are by unknown artists or known artists from the late 70's to 80's. The music is again, OK. The Presentation is a 6.0
    Game Modes: This game has no unique modes at all. Nothing new at all. Just stuff from other games except worse. Game modes are a 4.0
    Graphics: For a game made in '06, this game is beautiful. It can be comapred to games that were released in '11. Visual Concepts did a great job once again just like it did on ESPN NFL 2K5. The crowd is a different story. Obvioulsy, crowd members don't just come in 3 different varieties: White man, Indian man, and Middle-Aged Woman. What were they thinking? Make everything except for the fans look beautiful? You think that we wouldn't notice at ALL. Ya, well I did. The Graphics could've been a 10 but the fans lower that score to an 8.0
    In conclusion, graphics don't make a game, so I rate this a 5.0 for a rating of Bad.
  2. FredB.
    Mar 10, 2007
    is anybody else plagued by the repetitive glitches. Every at bat and every out the game freezes for like a minute. besides that the games pretty good but with all the glitches i played 7 innings in an hour and a half and got sick of it.
  3. TheoG.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I was a huge MVP 05 fan, and hated MLB 2k6. Having said that, this is the best baseball game I've ever played. Still room for improvement in the gameplay, but I am more than impressed with how far they've come since last year. GO JAYS GO!
  4. EROD
    Mar 2, 2007
    This is way better than last years game, 2K6. The graphics are amazing. You must have a HDTV to really appreciate the details of the players. The fielding needs to be improved and 2K needs to add different camera angles for fielding. Also the commentary can get repetitive at times. But it's still a solid baseball game.
  5. H.L.
    Mar 3, 2007
    The only thing that kept this game from being a 6 was the fact that the graphics in this game are amazing as are the realistic signature actions for players. The signature styles are right on and add a lot of depth to the game. Overall though the gameplay is rather mediocre, and at times infuriating. Playing this game is like watching a highlight reel and home run derby rolled into one. The only thing that kept this game from being a 6 was the fact that the graphics in this game are amazing as are the realistic signature actions for players. The signature styles are right on and add a lot of depth to the game. Overall though the gameplay is rather mediocre, and at times infuriating. Playing this game is like watching a highlight reel and home run derby rolled into one. Thirdbasemen throwing to first on their knees to make an out! Second basemen jumping and spinning to throw the ball 10ft. 5 or 6 miraculous diving catches made in the outfield every game, any one of which would have made top 10 plays on sportscenter. Then there is the batting. Everygame I have played against New York or Boston is a damn home run derby. In a three game series with Boston they hit 16 home runs, one game of which was against Johan Santana. A team made up of hall of famers couldn't hit Johans change up out of the park five times, especially when the pitches aren't even in the strike zone! Expand
  6. MichaelG.
    Mar 6, 2007
    This is a great game. How does this game equal the score of Pro Evo Soccer? Don't get me wrong I like PES but this game is a little better I think. How do Some reviews have the same rating for March Madness. Anyways if you are a baseball fan I encourage you to check this out.
  7. MikeC.
    Mar 1, 2007
    What an improvement over last year! The menus and interface are logical and intuitive, the animations are much better, the gameplay is fluid and feels like baseball, and the graphics are the best I've ever seen in a baseball game. I wish that they would allow for auto-fielding, (MVP and High Heat did) as the transition between camera angles makes it really tough to get a bead on hard What an improvement over last year! The menus and interface are logical and intuitive, the animations are much better, the gameplay is fluid and feels like baseball, and the graphics are the best I've ever seen in a baseball game. I wish that they would allow for auto-fielding, (MVP and High Heat did) as the transition between camera angles makes it really tough to get a bead on hard grounders and line drives. Expand
  8. Mike
    Mar 2, 2007
    I didn't want to give it a 10 because that means perfection, but a 9 is too low for this game. Beautiful, fun, intuitive. Presentation is outstanding. Gameplay is exceptional. Truly a great baseball game. The eye candy of playing this on a 56" HDTV is beyond enjoyable. it is very early on, but I find myself instant replaying the minutest details just to be sure I saw what I thought I I didn't want to give it a 10 because that means perfection, but a 9 is too low for this game. Beautiful, fun, intuitive. Presentation is outstanding. Gameplay is exceptional. Truly a great baseball game. The eye candy of playing this on a 56" HDTV is beyond enjoyable. it is very early on, but I find myself instant replaying the minutest details just to be sure I saw what I thought I saw. Amazing. Expand
  9. KeithY.
    Mar 2, 2007
    The attention to detail is surprising in both audio and video. The game can be customized to play exactly with the same interface as MVP 2005, widely considered the best baseball game to date. This game is a 1up in graphics and sound, gameplay is on par. If MVP is an 85 OVR, I'll give this game a 96OVR. Don't let the IGN review discourage you. I read the written review and The attention to detail is surprising in both audio and video. The game can be customized to play exactly with the same interface as MVP 2005, widely considered the best baseball game to date. This game is a 1up in graphics and sound, gameplay is on par. If MVP is an 85 OVR, I'll give this game a 96OVR. Don't let the IGN review discourage you. I read the written review and downloaded the video review as an IGN subscriber. The reviewer nitpicks rather than present an unbiased analysis of the pros/cons. He says nothing of pros other than the obvious. This game is great because of subtle details like intelligent, situation-relevant commentary (much better than the way MVP integrates dialog to make the broadcast more realistic). For a multiplayer sports game, this is IT. Expand
  10. ARodriguez
    Apr 21, 2007
    Visuals are good, Pitching is good...hitting is beyond stupid. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. You don't even have to make the bat find the ball. Just pull back and release your stick and your bat magically hits the ball. I can't figure out why older baseball games are so much better with hitting. It really feels like the people who made this game love Visuals are good, Pitching is good...hitting is beyond stupid. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. You don't even have to make the bat find the ball. Just pull back and release your stick and your bat magically hits the ball. I can't figure out why older baseball games are so much better with hitting. It really feels like the people who made this game love watching baseball, but never actually played. This feels NOTHING like hitting. Its too bad because this could have really been a great game had someone put thought into the hitting. Expand
  11. HaploC.
    Apr 6, 2007
    This game is pretty disappointing. The graphics are great and all, and I like the commentary, but tons of the gameplay aspects drive me nuts. The swing-stick controls are garbage, and it's far to easy to knock balls out of the park... there's next to no small-ball in the game. I have not once beaten out an infield single. Not once. That's ridiculous. And turning double This game is pretty disappointing. The graphics are great and all, and I like the commentary, but tons of the gameplay aspects drive me nuts. The swing-stick controls are garbage, and it's far to easy to knock balls out of the park... there's next to no small-ball in the game. I have not once beaten out an infield single. Not once. That's ridiculous. And turning double plays is the easiest thing in the world. It also freezes up constantly. I can't wait until EA is back in the fray. Expand
  12. NickI.
    May 9, 2007
    The graphics are nicer than previous releases, but the PS2 console doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the game action. Did they test this game before it was released? Also, being a Twins fan, it's sad to see how low of a rating they receive after winning the AL Central (24th ranked on the game). Additional frustration: they still have the Twins using the 1st base dugout at The graphics are nicer than previous releases, but the PS2 console doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the game action. Did they test this game before it was released? Also, being a Twins fan, it's sad to see how low of a rating they receive after winning the AL Central (24th ranked on the game). Additional frustration: they still have the Twins using the 1st base dugout at the dome! The Twins have always used 3rd base line. Expand
  13. PDiddy
    Sep 5, 2007
    I agree with C-Bass. The hitting is horrible. The hitting needs to be changed fast. You can't even tell what is going to be a ball or a strike. When your pitching, the pitching is very good . But overall the game is quite unrealistic. I was playing a game and I got robbed of a home run 8 times in one game. IN ONE GAME! Big changes need to happen with this game.
  14. DickC.
    Sep 7, 2007
    MLB 2K7=FRUSTRATION! My game freezes up every time I try to advance to the post season. The one thing you can look forward to after playing 70 or so games and I am for some reason not allowed in the playoffs after I had the best record in the league. The whole system freezes and the worst part is that there is nothing I can do about it. Koodos to the graphics and that is about it.
  15. RyanD'Ambrogi
    Feb 27, 2007
    Just bought the game and from what little I have played, this is one of the best baseball games that I have ever played. The graphics are unbelievable. It looks just like a real life. The controls are going to take some practice to master, but baseball should not be a game that you should be able to just pick up and hit home runs right away.
  16. BenO.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Although it mostly feels like a new look over an old game, the incredible graphics and player realism increase its value as a solid sports game. Hopefully next season they can spend a little bit more time polishing the gameplay and adding features now that they have a fantastic graphics engine in place.
  17. ReelWorld
    Mar 12, 2007
    Amazing visuals, and a wealth of game modes. Getting the hang of it takes a few games - and it can get frustrating in the batting and fielding aspects of the game, but if you're a fan of baseball or just wanna see how damn good the graphics are getting for the 360 - it's at least worth a rental! Gameplay: 8 Graphics: 9 Sound: 9 Rent or Buy? If you're a hardcore baseball Amazing visuals, and a wealth of game modes. Getting the hang of it takes a few games - and it can get frustrating in the batting and fielding aspects of the game, but if you're a fan of baseball or just wanna see how damn good the graphics are getting for the 360 - it's at least worth a rental! Gameplay: 8 Graphics: 9 Sound: 9 Rent or Buy? If you're a hardcore baseball fan, then buy it. All others - rent first. Expand
  18. SergeC.
    Mar 6, 2007
    Slow pace, but a real simulation of the game. Not perfect (fielding needs tweaking) though impressive.
  19. C-Bass
    Jul 8, 2007
    Hitting is unforgivable...how could anyone create a game with hitting like this. Its like the developers have NEVER played baseball in their lives.
  20. KelsonH.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Best looking sports game ever. Presentation and graphics are top notch.
  21. NealC.
    Sep 11, 2007
    The graphics for this game are amazing. However, every other aspect of this game sucks. When your team goes on a cold streak, forget about even trying to win the game almost every pitch you could think of throwing is hit out of the park, ridiculous. Another glitch, if you can call it a glitch is the amount of HR's that are robbed in a game, how often does that happen in REAL The graphics for this game are amazing. However, every other aspect of this game sucks. When your team goes on a cold streak, forget about even trying to win the game almost every pitch you could think of throwing is hit out of the park, ridiculous. Another glitch, if you can call it a glitch is the amount of HR's that are robbed in a game, how often does that happen in REAL baseball? Almost never. The last and final thing that has pissed me off about this game is the fact that I can not even play the playoffs, I simulated the last month of my season to get to that point and the game freezes. What a waste of what looked like a promising game. Good luck next year. Where is EA Sports? Expand

1. MLB 2K7 is certainly a better game, but most of the new content is of the visual variety. I can't stress enough how impressive this aspect of the game is. It captures the look, sound, and feel of the game better than anything you've seen before. [Mar 2007, p.98]
    Odd fielding choices, hesitation steps around bases and tons of slowdown that randomly assaults the game. That's also excluding the un-updated rosters, repetitive dialogue and other issues that crop up. 2K7 is still fun.
  3. The pitching and batting mechanics are solid once again, and the fielding has been greatly improved.