Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360

5.9

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Just here to add to the hate for this game and how it was handled. Of course, this game is a critics darling--funny how the same critics have damned games that have day 1 DLC, but ME gets a free pass. Critics are inconsistent, and in no way objective about their reviews. They play favorites and do not hold all games to the same standards. I seriously used to read critic reviews to makeJust here to add to the hate for this game and how it was handled. Of course, this game is a critics darling--funny how the same critics have damned games that have day 1 DLC, but ME gets a free pass. Critics are inconsistent, and in no way objective about their reviews. They play favorites and do not hold all games to the same standards. I seriously used to read critic reviews to make informed purchases, but recently I've been avoiding them entirely. The past 3-4 games that I've enjoyed were slammed by critics for **** stupid reasons, and other games like this that shouldn't be forgiven or embraced, the critics gush over. Mass Effect was a great series, but this DLC garbage needs to stop. EA/Bioware, Capcom, Rockstar you seriously all need to stop cutting content out to sell to us later. We've had enough. Expand
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    The new standard of decision-making and storytelling in games, Mass Effect 3 sets an example of a narrative which will make you consider your decisions thoroughly, or regret otherwise. The Clint Mansell composed music is emotional and the soundtrack pays homage to many sci-fi series of the past with its electronic touch - the presentation is also exquisitely refined with vastly improvedThe new standard of decision-making and storytelling in games, Mass Effect 3 sets an example of a narrative which will make you consider your decisions thoroughly, or regret otherwise. The Clint Mansell composed music is emotional and the soundtrack pays homage to many sci-fi series of the past with its electronic touch - the presentation is also exquisitely refined with vastly improved lighting and art design which far exceeds most games. That being said, besides an otherwise improved combat system, the enemies are quite dull and mainly runs towards you in a very outdated and unintelligent fashion. I also resent the idea of having to purchase the Day 1 DLC, especially in this case since it involves a major story arc which should have been part of the game in the first place - and I refuse to endorse the abuse of loyal fans who have become invested in the story thus far, and are being exploited monetarily in order to have complete narrative experience. To purposely leave out the answers to some of the most important questions in this otherwise wonderful sci-fi universe comes across as non-appreciation towards loyal fans, and I cannot with my principles intact overlook such an inconsiderate move upon giving a numerical score - in addition to the publisher's behavior towards Windows fans who were not able to buy the game for their Steam library along with previous installments and the rest of their collection, making the whole process very inconvenient for them as consumers. In regards to previous installments it is an improvement in certain aspects such as the leveling system, at the same time however, Mass Effect 3 also appears more dumbed down by introducing genre stereotypes such as characters who seem to have been put in place only to appeal to a more casual audience - instead of remaining true to the initial values of the series. To conclude, this is quite possibly one of my favorite sci-fi universes, and I cannot recommend the journey enough. Though towards the end of the ride I didn't truly feel like I was given complete closure, and the game wasn't quite the improvement Mass Effect 2 was either. All in all I don't think I'm alone in conveying my dislike for the way BioWare has decided to treat their loyal fans. I would still recommend the game to those who would like to see how it all ends, though I would add to that recommendation and advise to disregard the DLC, and perhaps buy the game at a later date - when it's much cheaper. Because otherwise publishers such as EA will continue to set a bad example by withholding important content for monetary gain in order to exploit gamers. Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the perfect ending to a masterful trilogy that's gone from strength-to-strength with each title. It's the conclusion you're hoping for, with each decision demanding that you think twice before pulling the trigger. Thanks for the memories, BioWare... It's been emotional.
  4. Mar 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it's a shame that these so called "fans" have given Mass Effect 3 such a low score here in Metacritic. They are giving it anything from 0-6 simply because the last 20 minutes or so were disappointing. And yes, they are disappointing but I'm not going to rant on Bioware simply because I felt that the end destination of this series was less than satisfactory. They say "that its not the destination that matters, but the journey there is what truly matters". And you know what? I agree.

This game was payoff after payoff. It was the coup d' etat from Bioware--one which closed out the series in utter perfection (for the most part)--and I enjoyed it immensely. The graphics were fantastic if a little bit dated. The presentation was flawless. To say that this is one of the most cinematic games of all-time is an understatement. The score was fantastic. Clint Mansell and series mainstay Sam Hullick bring this finale to life, invoking all the right emotions at all the right times. This is a very balanced orchestral. At times it is somber, other times it is sinister with a hint of ominous danger. The gameplay was perfectly balanced. ME1 was more RPG than shooter and ME2 was more shooter than RPG, but ME3 is what Mass Effect has always sought to be: a perfect hybrid of shooter and RPG elements. If I could've changed something about the gameplay, I would add more side quests that weren't so reliant on avesdropping on people from the Citadel. Also, scanning for War Assests completes over 10 side quests, which is a shame, because exploring more locations during this time for turmoil (ex. The hanar, elcor, and volus homeworlds were being attacked as well; I would've loved to see the actual conflict on these places rather than overhearing it).

Anyways, the story is amazing, just as you expect from this stellar series. Most of the characters--both major and minor--return in ME3 in some form or another. These appearances, wheter it'd be a major crewmate or a cameo role, are almost always rewarding. Seeing what has become of these characters is a very satisfying aspect of this game. All of the characters, except for a select few, are given finality and closure. There are some sappy scenes to be had in ME3, but they are handled with deft precision and skill.

These scenes, if you're a true fan of the series and if you are very connected to these characters, will have you crying like very few stories can. Bioware has hit a homerun for making us care about these characters in such a personal way. It is very hard to say "goodbye" to these people that you've known for the past half a decade or so. To you & me, these people are family, friends. We care about them and the universe they inhabit.

Maybe that's why people are so angry about the ending. Bioware had a great concept for its ending, but their execution of said concept was mediocre at best. Had they put in a "happy" ending and had they shown how these characters' lives are affected by your final decision, then I think Bioware wouldn't have received any criticism whatsoever. A more elaborate ending cinematic, as well as some 5-10 minute expositional epilogue could've worked wonders for this game and the universe that both Bioware and players have built over the course of so many years. That being said, the ending closes out Shepard's story with well-enough finality that I can accept it, despite the obvious plot holes and uncertainties that are brought up by some aspects of the endings.

Am I disappointed by the ending (s)? Yes, to a certain extent, but I won't let that ruin my appreciation for this game and this series in particular. Bioshock and Fallout 3 had terrible endings. Did these games get under a 5.0 in "User Score" here on Metacritic? No, they did not. Both of those games are complete and utter materpieces and they received their own share of criticism for their endings, but not to the extent that ME3 has endured. Nevertheless, gamers want Bioware to change the ending to Mass Effect 3, even though it is not our story, it is Bioware's. Irrational Games never changed their ending and yet Bioshock is still revered as one of gaming's finest moments. Bethesda Studios, on the other hand, caved into the peer pressure of the gaming community and they tried to rectify the backlash they initially received by releasing the "Broken Steel" DLC that got rid of the original ending in favor of the new one. Gamers rejoiced, and now Fallout 3 is rightfully acclaimed as one of the greatest games of all-time as well. Will Bioware follow the example of Irrational Games or that of Bethesda Studios? We'll see. But, no matter what, I feel that Mass Effect 3 is a masterpiece and the perfect finale to one of the greatest, if not the greatest, series in the history of gaming. Thank you, Bioware, for all the memories. I can't wait to relive the trilogy, again and again, until the end of time...or gaming.
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    Terrific addition to the series! Mass Effect 3 is a perfected version of the second game of the trilogy. Mass Effect 2 was terrific and one of the best games I've ever played. For them to be able to add another one to the series with better game play and a better plot is an amazing achievement. Small, yet likable additions have been made to the combat; such as powerful melee attacks, andTerrific addition to the series! Mass Effect 3 is a perfected version of the second game of the trilogy. Mass Effect 2 was terrific and one of the best games I've ever played. For them to be able to add another one to the series with better game play and a better plot is an amazing achievement. Small, yet likable additions have been made to the combat; such as powerful melee attacks, and far more maneuvering and dodging capabilities. In terms of the plot, the characters are always unique and interesting. Although at first glance it may seem tedious, talking to other members of your team never seems to get boring, as they all seem to have relatively interesting back stories. And ignoring the occasional cliches in the dialogue, credit should also be given to the voice actors, who conveyed emotions extremely well.

Some of the most important improvements to game lie in the character customization. Now, players can customize weapons and armor far more extensively. A large variety of perks are available which can improve any characteristics of the weapons and armor. Shops are now available inside the player's own ship, which makes it far less laborious to buy upgrades to weapons and armor.
  6. Apr 28, 2012
    What can you say about a game so perfect and amazing that it makes all other RPG and action games look bad.Except for Skyrim,there is nothing made to date that even compares to this game.Look,the war scenes sound better than any war game ever made,more real, more authentic and that's just the sound part of the game.If you go into this game without ever playing past Mass Effect games thenWhat can you say about a game so perfect and amazing that it makes all other RPG and action games look bad.Except for Skyrim,there is nothing made to date that even compares to this game.Look,the war scenes sound better than any war game ever made,more real, more authentic and that's just the sound part of the game.If you go into this game without ever playing past Mass Effect games then you come away from your gaming session,blown away beyond belief running to the store to get Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the 360 just to play,go into circles with your choices,let downs,saves,changes,ect..Then you start over,make different decisions and see another game.Now,if your involved and your ready for the next episode then your going to be in disbelief not expecting what's in store for you.I can't praise this game enough.They are very different kinda games but if you had me choose between this game and Skyrim,I wouldn't bat an eye to tell you to get that other shxx out of my face and give me my mass effect trilogy.I guarantee everyone that there will never be a trilogy EVER like this one in the rest of gaming's future.Mass effect 3 is nothing less than PURE GENIUS!10...10...10...10 Expand
  7. Mar 12, 2012
    This is the most depressed I have ever felt after playing a video game. I must say I am seriously disappointed with the ending; it's as bad as Deus Ex: Human revolution.

I was still playing through the game when news of the metacritic review bomb came out. At the time I thought that people were being unreasonable. But now I understand the anger and disappointment being expressed. The

The ending soured the entire experience, to the point where it's the only thing I can think about when asked to give my opinion of the game.

This will be the first bioware game I don't immediately replay in order to see what happens with different choices. It's an enjoyable game, but not one I will play to the end again.
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    I can't believe how stupid 90% of the reviewers on this game are being. This game, no this series, is the pinnacle of video games inception into mature, well thought out story telling and emotionally jarring character building. The tension and the moral choices, combined with the stellar voice cast and excellent writing, help center the finale of this game series with a bang, creatingI can't believe how stupid 90% of the reviewers on this game are being. This game, no this series, is the pinnacle of video games inception into mature, well thought out story telling and emotionally jarring character building. The tension and the moral choices, combined with the stellar voice cast and excellent writing, help center the finale of this game series with a bang, creating some of the hardest decisions that I have ever made in any video game. I literally cried when both Garrus and Tali, who I had gotten very attached to, died in that final rush, an result to the well put together characters, and the bonds that you gain with them. The ending, while similar either way, ties the series up beautifully, and on top of that, possibly TOPS the last two. When I say that, I am mostly referring to the lack of customization that you are all complaining about in the ending from the vast amount of choices you made. To be totally honest, you never really saw the results of your choices in the previous games, until you played the next one. In the first game, you didn't see the results of saving the council really take effect until you met them in the next game. So stop complaining, and enjoy the end to one of the best RPGs that I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Expand
  9. Mar 18, 2012
    It's really a shame people give the game a low score just because the last 5 minutes of the game aren't good. You have to review the game has a complete package, the action is the best in the entire trilogy, weapons are much better, the story is very emotional, the war is at grand scale at different places, and every decision you take is crucial to the life of many characters or races.It's really a shame people give the game a low score just because the last 5 minutes of the game aren't good. You have to review the game has a complete package, the action is the best in the entire trilogy, weapons are much better, the story is very emotional, the war is at grand scale at different places, and every decision you take is crucial to the life of many characters or races. Plus the ending will be fixed, I have hopes that it will be, it was all indoctrination there are so many facts that prove it. We can say a game sucks, just because of a writer or some writers went all weird on the story when the other people that worked hard on other aspects did an excellent job. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2012
    It's great to see a game that allows such a wide range of experiences between people experiencing it.

For instance, I experienced a game where you could choose to have relations with a wide range of characters in cut-scenes, or choose not to, on top of being a well-written epic about war, loss, hope, faith, and human redemption. Others, somehow, experienced a game where you're forced

Others, somehow, experienced a game where you're forced into gay bondage and have to spend every second of the game staring at naked floppy penises spinning around you like the Wicked Witch during the tornado in The Wizard of Oz.

How two such different experiences can be had from a single video game is breathtaking!
  11. Jun 19, 2012
    Having played through several times now, I am adjusting my score down. Whilst there are some brilliant parts of the story the ending is a wimper which makes no sense due to poor programming and writing. I don't care if the 'Extended Cut' pieces some of it together - it is poor finishing and Bioware should be ashamed of their sloppiness.
  12. May 7, 2012
    The cinematic experience of this game is one of the best and most absorbing in any game I have played. The technical accomplishment of this game is limited compared to the sequels and the production was clearly a sequel rather than a progression. The ending was powerful though I can understand how many conisder it a cop-out. This excellent series deserved more because of the high standardThe cinematic experience of this game is one of the best and most absorbing in any game I have played. The technical accomplishment of this game is limited compared to the sequels and the production was clearly a sequel rather than a progression. The ending was powerful though I can understand how many conisder it a cop-out. This excellent series deserved more because of the high standard it set itself. Expand
  13. Mar 18, 2012
    Here we go. My most anticipated game of this year. I have been waiting for this game since Mass Effect 2 mentioned it on its loading screen. I have been playing for 25 hours. I have completed it. From my reviews of the previous Mass Effect games, I highly regard them as one of the greatest Sci-fi stories of this generation and of all time. To make it short, I am a huge fan of this Sci-fiHere we go. My most anticipated game of this year. I have been waiting for this game since Mass Effect 2 mentioned it on its loading screen. I have been playing for 25 hours. I have completed it. From my reviews of the previous Mass Effect games, I highly regard them as one of the greatest Sci-fi stories of this generation and of all time. To make it short, I am a huge fan of this Sci-fi video game series. Mass Effect 3, for the past 4 months, have consumed me with anticipation and hype and I can tell you that for the most part, it was worth it but let me remind you to put emphasis on "the most part". Mass Effect 3 is a great game. The gameplay is the best in the series, the scope and ambition is huge, the story is still great and the characters are still great. All that is probably the big bulk of the game. But I am hesitating to my own surprise. After completing it, I felt completely bitter sweet. It wasn't horrible but It wasn't satisfying. I have read the comments made in this site about the game's ending and how it was a complete let down. From all the the comments, I was still confident that Bioware wouldn't disappoint with the ending of a prolific 3 game trilogy. To my own dismay, the thing that completely prevented me from giving this a 9 or 10 was the ending. It wasn't bad but it gave me such an empty feeling and I didn't like it one bit, especially when I have been lovingly crafting my story ever since the beginning. It felt so abrupt and it made me feel like all my accomplishments from the previous two games and my play through of ME3 inadequate and it left a lot of questions hanging for this series. Maybe its just me. Maybe this is the ending Bioware was planning since the beginning of the game and I wanted a satisfying ending because my Shepard has been working his/her (I have two Shepards) ass off. I wasn't satisfied at all. I have read theories about the ending that made me hopeful but as of now, they're still theories, not facts. The only positive thing that I could say about it is that I have never seen an ending quite like it and doesn't follow the typical Hollywood like ending which made me respect the ambiguity of it. Other than the ending, there are other problems the game suffers from. The dialogue option is very dumbed down to my surprise. If you want a conversation with your squad made on your off time, you only get the option wheels when at certain points of the story. The option wheel is dumbed down as well as I felt there was less dialogue options than in the previous games and the quick time paragon/renegade trigger and the charm/intimidate options are very occasional. All of this makes a very linear story that gives you smaller options on what path you can choose. There are still bugs from the previous games that ME3 suffers from like the random lighting, slow texture resolutions and occasional lag. Oh and the lip-synch is quite off too. The ending is the thing that most people and fans have been complaining about and I agree but unlike most of them who gave this game a straight 0 because of the ending, I still enjoyed this game. I love the story in this game, albeit the bitter sweet ending and it can be very intense, especially when you're doing Priority missions where you gather the entire galaxy for war. The combat is fantastic and will test your strategic skills when having gun fights. The characters are still the characters I know and love from the previous games, some matured from the past 2 games. Garrus is still my loyal sidekick and best friend, Joker is actually at his funniest in this game because I was laughing at his jokes and comments all the time and Liara is still one of my favourite video game heroines. Even when the dialogue option is dumbed down, it was still fun hearing conversations from the npc's. The multiplayer is fun but Mass Effect 3 doesn't really need it and I know that Bioware intended to put multiplayer in the series since the first game. Before I end this review, I should probably mention the one day DLC. I do agree that it is steep in price and felt like a cop out. The mission was absurdly short for a DLC and the character squad mate that you get should have been in the main story but to be honest, I really like the Prothean squad mate. I think he's probably one of the best squad members I have ever recruited because he's pretty much a walking renegade on vengeance mode. Shame you have to buy him (if you bought the game in standard). Overall, this game is really good. It could've been great if not for the bitter sweet, empty pay off it gives you after all your hard work, especially if you've completed the previous games and its limited choices you can make but it's combat, characters and progressing story makes up for it. I'm glad I waited for it and I'm glad that I played it. Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2012
    These negative reviews are very strange. I loved the game! It includes a compelling story and much improved gameplay from the past two games. There is so much to do. I could have done without the need for multiplayer to ready the galaxy for battle and the load times can be annoying, but those are minor. Chill out, haters!
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    Please don't give the game 0/10 because you don't like the DLC. I have no DLC and the game is absolutely incredible, even better than ME2. You want to buy this, you will not regret it!!
  16. Mar 7, 2012
    One of the better games I've played in the last decade; Mass Effect 3 improves on the other preceding titles in virtually all manners barring some subjective ways others may deem inaccurate or useless. To explain: The combat is much better and smoother, conversations are more realistic and just in general top-notch, the characters both new & old are vastly improved, voice actingOne of the better games I've played in the last decade; Mass Effect 3 improves on the other preceding titles in virtually all manners barring some subjective ways others may deem inaccurate or useless. To explain: The combat is much better and smoother, conversations are more realistic and just in general top-notch, the characters both new & old are vastly improved, voice acting (especially from Mark Meer) is vastly superior and the emotion runs high in the story throughout. Most importantly, the story is much better than Mass Effect 2's, although it falls short (barely) of Mass Effect 1. I strongly suggest buying it for these reasons alone, but there is more... The multiplayer, which is unexpected to say the very least, had me underwhelmed when I first saw it disclosed, but when I played the demo, and now in the retail, I have grown to see it as an integral component to the game and like the rest of it is of massive quality. The supplementary "Galaxy at War" is also interesting, if underdeveloped, and I would like to see it improved in future DLC. Lastly, I should mention what I found to be bad: -Animations when taking cover can sometimes glitch and freeze characters or make them look lifeless (i.e. you have full control but while on the wall they don't breath etc) -Some old friends in the textures popping up; this is rare, and happens almost universally after you finish an N7 mission. -I would have liked if it was more difficult, it's easy (to an extent) for a gamer of my skill (Average, possibly slightly above-average). -A few plot holes, easily forgivable given their minimal impact/enjoyable repercussions Other than those small gripes, the game is outstanding, and is well worth the price of the retail and even the Collector's edition; if you own an Xbox or PC (I do not recommend for Playstation due to lack of Mass Effect 1) you owe it to yourself to play -experience- Mass Effect 3 for yourself. Don't listen to the 10's who blindly love the game, or the reds/0's who give their gripes with EA/Bioware/DLC as reasons for hate, carefully evaluate what the critics say and compare it with a rental or a purchase; I promise you will not regret it Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2012
    Great game. Picked up ME 2 just to finish another toon. I was a little leery at first and I almost jumped on the boycott wagon. I thought for myself and managed to snag a CE. Loving it. Combat is dynamic. Lots of room to improvise. MP is also a blast. If you are a fan of the series pick this up if you haven't already. Oh and ignore the troll reviews. It was a raid done for the lulz only.
  18. May 15, 2012
    I am a fan of Mass Effect since 2007,and i have to say,Mass Effect 3 is not only my favorite of the trilogy,its probably my favorite game of this generation.Great graphics,amazing sound effects and soundtrack,the gameplay is fun and exciting,espetacular story and characters.Don't listen to those haters,Mass Effect 3 is an unforggetable,near perfect experience.One of the very few games thatI am a fan of Mass Effect since 2007,and i have to say,Mass Effect 3 is not only my favorite of the trilogy,its probably my favorite game of this generation.Great graphics,amazing sound effects and soundtrack,the gameplay is fun and exciting,espetacular story and characters.Don't listen to those haters,Mass Effect 3 is an unforggetable,near perfect experience.One of the very few games that i actually cried (that only happen with me on 2 other games,Zelda Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid 4).The multiplayer(which i was against it) is amazingly fun.But the best thing about ME3 is easily its story and characters,and both are one of the best i ever seen in gaming.Its an must buy game and trilogy. Expand
  19. Apr 18, 2015
    Great game and experience. Some glitches here and there but nothing to ruin the game. It's fun to play and great story and game play nothing more to say. Just play it.
  20. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First let me say that this is a great series and until the last 10 minutes of the game, this was the best game in the series. Most of the game really felt like a fitting end to the series. The gameplay is amazing, the visuals are stunning, and this game provokes more feeling in the player than any game(or book or movie for that matter) I've ever experienced. You make choices that allow people to sacrifice themselves, and you care about these characters. You are filled with hope and despair, joy and sadness, all at the right places. Then there is the ending. I won't say anything specific about what happens at the end, but I still checked the box for spoilers because even what I will say will be considered spoilers by many. None of your choices mattered. There are three endings and which you get or are successful are all based on your Effective Military Strength number. What's worse is that the endings aren't even functionally different. They destroy the ME universe and the franchise. I felt completely numb after finishing the series for a while and then the anger started to grow. The one good thing I can say about the ending is that there is a movement to change it so we might end up getting the ending we deserve. Expand
  21. May 19, 2012
    Both good and bad. Plenty of settings to keep noobs and experts happy. The problem with this game though is that at points you can run round aimlessly and the pace is so slow it's really annoying, but then the game steps up everal gears and the pace becomes frenetic. The biggest gripe however are the endings, despite having 3 on offer, no matter which you chose, 90% of the ending isBoth good and bad. Plenty of settings to keep noobs and experts happy. The problem with this game though is that at points you can run round aimlessly and the pace is so slow it's really annoying, but then the game steps up everal gears and the pace becomes frenetic. The biggest gripe however are the endings, despite having 3 on offer, no matter which you chose, 90% of the ending is EXACTLY THE SAME. Expand
  22. May 7, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is still a great game, however, it falls short in the end. There are some great additions, and just a little too many subtractions. I love the way the guns sound and 'hit' in this game, that was a great little mod. They got rid of 'heavy' weapons except in certain plot points, also nice. You can actually carry all weapons, and not just a select few according to your class,Mass Effect 3 is still a great game, however, it falls short in the end. There are some great additions, and just a little too many subtractions. I love the way the guns sound and 'hit' in this game, that was a great little mod. They got rid of 'heavy' weapons except in certain plot points, also nice. You can actually carry all weapons, and not just a select few according to your class, nice. Biotic powers are great as well, love the new sounds and moves. Sprinting is essentially unlimited, which is more realistic, especially for a cybernetically altered soldier like Shepard. They slimmed down the 'scanning for resources' minigame, definitely better. Did away with the silly hacking minigames and just showing the omni-tool animation, this is cool too. So all said and done the gameplay is improved on almost all levels. Love that they brought Ashley/Kaiden back. Sucked not to have a romance option in Mass Effect 2. However their interactions with Shepard could of been a little more. More is always better when it comes to character development, especially when it comes to romances in a world where you're all set to be the savior of the galaxy. Shepard needs something 'real' to fight for. They do have Shepard say this, just wanted more interaction is all.

Now for the bad. It feels like a lot of the dialog choices were taken away. Way too many instances where there is only 'good' and 'evil' selections. That 'neutral' option is needed sometimes because it just fits better. Rarely any 'paragon' or 'renegade' choices (the blue and red text ones) to use in the dialog as well. The graphics still suck in a lot of places though. Don't know why they couldn't of fixed this somehow. The textures are blurry and lackluster for almost all 'clothing' in the game. The armors are mostly great, but anybody who isn't wearing any has a skewed look to them.

Day 1 DLC, honestly I could care less. I bought the collector's edition so it came with the game. I paid more money yes, but so what ? I like this game and didn't mind shelling out for it. The story is still great, though like many others I'm not in love with the ending either. I won't sit here and say they should come out with DLC to 'fix' it. It's not so terrible that it ruins the entire game. However I will say that the game would of received a rating of 9 from me had it ended somewhere closer to what I would of liked to see happen. Sorry.

All in all, still a great game, but arguably so.
  23. Mar 13, 2012
    Fantastic game and it's pathetic marking low just because of the ending. You are looking at the game as an overall product. Resistance 3 was a great game but the ending sucked and that didn't have the scale and scope of ME3. This is an impressive achievement thank you Bioware
  24. Mar 17, 2012
    **** aside this a fantastic game. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is some of best third person shooter controls I've played next to Gears of War and the soundtrack is spot on. Voice acting is great too but he writing can be a bit cheesy. The new multiplayer mode is also surprisingly brilliant. Probably the best survival mode I've played in a game yet. That being said the game's not**** aside this a fantastic game. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is some of best third person shooter controls I've played next to Gears of War and the soundtrack is spot on. Voice acting is great too but he writing can be a bit cheesy. The new multiplayer mode is also surprisingly brilliant. Probably the best survival mode I've played in a game yet. That being said the game's not without it's problems. Day one DLC is never a good thing and it cut's out a very important part of the story. The fact that most controls are on the A button is kinda awkward too, I found myself taking cover or rolling over and over when trying to revive a teammate and then have them bleed out on me. The biggest problem I have with the game is the ending and I'm sure my fellow Mass Effect fans will agree. Everything story-wise up until the last 10 minutes is fantastic. But then the ending kicks in. Without spoiling it all I can say it's a confusing, plothole-filled mess that kinda just says **** you" to all your decisions in the past games and only gives you one conclusion but with a different colour. Bioware have said they're listening to feedback over the ending so here's hoping to some future DLC that will resolve everything. Expand
  25. Mar 29, 2012
    'm not a big fan of Mass Effect 3's ending. I thought it was convoluted and anticlimactic for anticlimatic's sake. Though a lot of about the ending actually does work. I loved the fade out while I was rushing down to the last destroyer with my brother's in arms. I loved the fade in to Shephard badly injured and slowly walking towards her/his destiny awaiting him/her deep inside of The'm not a big fan of Mass Effect 3's ending. I thought it was convoluted and anticlimactic for anticlimatic's sake. Though a lot of about the ending actually does work. I loved the fade out while I was rushing down to the last destroyer with my brother's in arms. I loved the fade in to Shephard badly injured and slowly walking towards her/his destiny awaiting him/her deep inside of The Citadel. I loved Anderson and Shepard communicating for opposite ends of The Citadel discussing what was going on. The long walk way up into The Illusive Man's secret hideout. It was all very atmospheric and epic and kind of beautiful. I thought the paragon/rendegade prompts were good as well during the "standoff". And I actually liked the twist that the little boy was The Catalyst. But the 3 choices he gives you were indeed pretty lame. And the lack of exposition following said decision was just plain bad. You can't end a game that encompasses over 140 hours of gameplay and millions of decisions made by the player with just 3 crew members walking off of the Normandy and just cut to the credits....EVEN IF you're planning on releasing DLC. There is a lot of room for criticism for that horrible decision made by whoever at Bioware that made it. I can't believe that ending got all the way to the final product. Its actually kind of sad. But, it DID NOT ruin the game or the series for me. Because it wasn't the fact that Shephard was destined to die (or not...we still don't know do we) that actually is kind of good when you think about it. Its life. Sometimes no matter what decisions you make you can't fight your fate and what is going to be is just going to be. Your destiny is something you must embrace. Which is why I chose the middle option and made Shephard sacrifice herself. Yes, HERSELF. Female Shephard is a MILLION TIMES better than male Shephard and I'm a dude. From the voice acting (Jennifer Hale is amazing and the guy voices male Shepard is very boring) to character design she is just so much more fun to play with. Seriously if you haven't played the games thru with Fem Shep you are doing yourself a HUGE disservice as I have found the game way better controlling her. But back to 3, the game is incredible. There are so many jaw-dropping moments and sheer brilliance (if you haven't played thru with the From Ashes DLC you are missing out on what I find to be the best addiction to the game - Javik and his story). The improvements in shooting and offensive strategy are borderline limitless. And I had a remarkable experience playing the game. To think someone can really give this game a 0-5 based off the ENDING ALONE is proposterous. Are you guys really even Mass Effect fans? Or narcissists? Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    Are you kidding me?.. This game is AWESOME! it is different from the others and that's ok. Bioware manages to inject newness into a stellar franchise, at first i was a bit annoyed with the imported facial features being updated, but im begining to realize how awesome that feature is also, it allows the game to have an updated older feel for my Shepard. Bioware has certainly done it again!Are you kidding me?.. This game is AWESOME! it is different from the others and that's ok. Bioware manages to inject newness into a stellar franchise, at first i was a bit annoyed with the imported facial features being updated, but im begining to realize how awesome that feature is also, it allows the game to have an updated older feel for my Shepard. Bioware has certainly done it again! AMAZING game!!! Why so many zeros, i have no clue but there seems to be some sort of battle going on here. Definately a 10! Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    I bought the game at midnight and played it solid until about 10am, thats because the story and writting is just so damn good that I want to see what happens next. I haven't beaten it yet, and while I know alot of people have I am trying to enjoy it and do the side missions, and the fetch quests, and really take in the Final chapter of Commander Shepard and his crew. Point being this gameI bought the game at midnight and played it solid until about 10am, thats because the story and writting is just so damn good that I want to see what happens next. I haven't beaten it yet, and while I know alot of people have I am trying to enjoy it and do the side missions, and the fetch quests, and really take in the Final chapter of Commander Shepard and his crew. Point being this game is EXTREMELEY fun and takes care of the true fans and new comers alike. If you loved ME 1, 2, then you owe your self to see this through. Those that are bad mouthing this game seemed to be expecting a pure run and gun action game and nor a RPG. Once more, play this game and see what an amazing feeling it is to see choices you made in 2007 (ME 1), 2010 (ME 2) and now come to an Epic close. Have fun!!! Expand
  28. Jun 14, 2012
    The ratings separation over this game tells you where the critics allegiances lie... ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS???? Give me a break - even if the ending would have been fantastic, there were still a lot of issues with the game. My biggest issue is that Mass Effect is a game of choices that all lead up to different outcomes. Both of the first games had them and that was what fans came to expect.The ratings separation over this game tells you where the critics allegiances lie... ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS???? Give me a break - even if the ending would have been fantastic, there were still a lot of issues with the game. My biggest issue is that Mass Effect is a game of choices that all lead up to different outcomes. Both of the first games had them and that was what fans came to expect. The fact that this one opted for the easy, tacked on ending just shows how rushed it was. So sad to see a stellar franchise end on such a tragic note, sacrificing creativity and quality in the face of corporate greed. It wasn't even just about the story of the ending. There is a scene where Shepard and Anderson are supposed to be looking out at a view of Earth and Anderson says "what a view" and it is literally the WORST low resolution bitmap image that I have ever seen in a game. In the ending sequence... How is that not rushed and a slap in the face to all of the people who gave them their money and trust. I truly feel sorry for the employees that worked on Mass Effect 3, knowing that it was such a bomb of a game. They likely wanted to speak up, but like many people in this economy, didn't jeopardize their jobs. Well, they have to live with that now - It probably won't be the first thing that they mention when someone asks what they worked on... Then, looking at the user reviews, you see a very different picture. Split right down the middle, with an incredible amount of negative reviews. I wonder if EA employs a division to write positive reviews to offset this. Expand
  29. Mar 7, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters. Either they're crybabies over, not getting a CE, the day one DLC "From Ashes", or they overreacted to the leaked ending WITHOUT ever playing through the game from the start themselves. Which is nearly guaranteed since the video leaks happened a week or two before release anyway.

This is a fitting conclusion to an EPIC trilogy, and it closes well enough.

This is a fitting conclusion to an EPIC trilogy, and it closes well enough. Obviously, you can't please everyone! Yet I think I writers did a good a job bringing it to life. For a saga as huge as Mass Effect, They came through. If the whiners can write a better story, then go, stop whining, and MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN GAME. Since ME3 wasn't good enough for your amazing tastes, and they are so much more talented than the people that make these games anyway... ;)
  30. Mar 11, 2012
    This game is amazing. Easily one one the very best games I've ever had the great pleasure of playing.The story is absolutely one of the best,and it's really a shame that people who are giving it bad reviews are mainly doing so because of the day one DLC but instead their missing out on one of the greatest games this generation. Hell, their missing out on one of the greatest games ever madeThis game is amazing. Easily one one the very best games I've ever had the great pleasure of playing.The story is absolutely one of the best,and it's really a shame that people who are giving it bad reviews are mainly doing so because of the day one DLC but instead their missing out on one of the greatest games this generation. Hell, their missing out on one of the greatest games ever made period. If you have reservations cast them aside and play the game for yourself. you don't even need the DLC(which I've played) because it's not relevant to the main story. I can personally guarantee that if you love the old star wars, star trek, and battlestar galacticca this game will absolutely blow you away. Oh, and people a 1 or 2 is for a game that isn't even playable grow up or shut up. Thank you. Expand

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.