5.5

1. Oct 24, 2012
    Presentation - 3.5 - A complete U turn from the first game. Nonsensical timelines and UI. Its Hopeless with zero personalty. Design 5.5 - Overall clumsy, but a few neat touches such no swappable default weapons. Gameplay - 7.5 - Generic as they come. Vehicle sections deserve merit. Graphics - 9.0 - Frostbite sure is pretty.
    Audio - 8.5 - Good voice cast and sound effects but music is
    Audio - 8.5 - Good voice cast and sound effects but music is very underdeveloped. Lasting Appeal - 5.0 - The most generic modern war game since the mid 2000's. Multiplayer - 5.0 - Nothing to see here. Just stick with Battlefield 3 or wait for Black Ops 2. Overall - 6.0 - My main gripe with the campaign is that it is lifeless, apart from the odd set pieces here or there. But these set pieces never reach the intensity of Call of Duty games because they are not in game, they are scripted as over very quickly, usually just before the end of the level.
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    I bought this game a discounted price a few days ago. I was going to buy it on the day but I heard poor things about etc so I didn't. Now that I have I think people have given this game way to much hate, its not that bad, the story mode was a bit boring and there are quite a few glitches and bugs but besides that the multiplayer is a ton of fun and anyone who likes bf3 or any fps shouldI bought this game a discounted price a few days ago. I was going to buy it on the day but I heard poor things about etc so I didn't. Now that I have I think people have given this game way to much hate, its not that bad, the story mode was a bit boring and there are quite a few glitches and bugs but besides that the multiplayer is a ton of fun and anyone who likes bf3 or any fps should at least try this game out before listening to the people who didn't give it the time of day. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    This game was decent but if I would have seen or played demo I would of passed it up. There was nothing really interesting about this game except the facts of it being realistic and not fake like most games.
  4. Oct 25, 2012
    In the end, more of the same as MoH 2010 and recent Call of Duty games. Scripted madness, shoot shoot shoot, bland character and bad voice acting. Graphics are great but a bit unpolished and the multiplayer is lacking with bad map design and feeling like more of the same once again...
  5. Oct 25, 2012
    Campaign--Must Play; Multiplayer--Maybe Skip. Recommendation: RENT.

Campaign--Must Play; Multiplayer--Maybe Skip. Recommendation: RENT.

CAMPAIGN. The single-player story is great and requires more than a brain-dead trigger finger to keep up with. Knowing that the story was penned by real-life operators is actually a pretty cool experience: it infuses each set piece with significance beyond killing/surviving. It's a unique experience to think after a scene, "These people actually underwent and survived the situation I just played." Unfortunately, it's not a lot of replay value, and i feel bad not recommending a purchase, especially with actual servicemen penning the material. But it's DEFINITELY worth a play-through, as this is one of video gaming's only games based on specific actual experiences and not just generic historical fiction. MULTIPLAYER. Many have already summarized the multiplayer experience, so i won't belabor those points. But the key factor is that FPS multiplayer is an investment: of time and practice. In my opinion, this game is not enough to warrant the commitment that has been put into other multiplayer games, and it is not that engaging enough to make me say "I want to pump more time into this and will enjoy doing so." So again, definitely rent Warfighter and experience the story. I'm personally happy to have supported a game involving real veterans, but will likely be trading in my copy.
  6. Oct 26, 2012
    Firstly I'm writing this as i can not understand why MOH Warfighter is getting such a rough reception and feel that many may be reviewing without playing much of the game or have not played it at all.

General Comments: The day one patch is NOT huge, it is approximately 56mb and took a few minutes to download (A sign those who are writing it is huge may not have the game at all). There is a 1.7gb on disc HD texture pack, which again took approx 5 mins to install and which makes the graphics look very good (Note do not install the game disc on to your hard-drive, this will make the graphics not HD as much, as the console then struggles to process all the information, ONLY INSTALL THE HD PACK).

Single Player: The campaign is well made with a story and settings which will engage you. Yes it is only approx 6 hours (no different from any other modern shooter such as COD or BF3) but it is enjoyable none the less and is comparable to any other recent FPS.

Multiplayer: Multiplayer is best experinced when you are working in a team with somebody you know and communicate with. Unlike some FPS you can not simple be a lone wolf, MOH rewards players who work tight together. In general you need to play this game slightly slower to be successful, choose your spawns wisely you will not generally get spawn trapped and don't simply run round like crazy, take your time to aim and cover the map. The maps themselves and gameplay options are of a good enough variety that you will not quickly get bored. It is also refreshing to have so many nationalities to choose from not just the standard USA teams.

The guns themselves feel outstanding like you really are firing a deadly weapon and the sound design is superb adding weight to every round fired. Danger close also have the ability to adjust guns stats on the fly without patches which means OP guns will not stay that way for long.

Conclusion:
    In the end MOH is a good game, it is not breaking any new ground, but this does not mean it is a terrible game, many other games do not break new ground either and do not receive so much negativity as MOH has. I would recommend that if you are looking for a tactical shooter where you must work with a team mate to have success that you grab yourself a copy of MOH. It is not trying to be COD or BF3 and if you go into it with that understanding you will not be disappointed.

Summary:
    - Patch only 56 mb and On Disk HD Pack1.7gb - approx install time 5 mins.
    - Engaging but not ground breaking campaign.
    - Entertaining and generally balanced multiplayer
    - Encourages Teamwork
    - Some spawn issues but not as great as many believe
    - Solid hit detection (Those claiming not most likely playing on non region servers.)
    - In 12hrs of multiplayer have not had any reliability issues such as glitches etc.
    - Outstanding sound design
    - Wide range of nationalities
  7. Oct 28, 2012
    Medal of Honor is a Modern FPS shooter, which hasn't got the recognition it deserves, the game itself is rather fun and addictive, I've had a lot of people who were weary to get this due to two main reasons, it's shipped with BF4 Beta code and for the Pc users it was discounted for those who had BF3 Premium, and that points to some people that the same isn't going to be up to its fullMedal of Honor is a Modern FPS shooter, which hasn't got the recognition it deserves, the game itself is rather fun and addictive, I've had a lot of people who were weary to get this due to two main reasons, it's shipped with BF4 Beta code and for the Pc users it was discounted for those who had BF3 Premium, and that points to some people that the same isn't going to be up to its full standard. Ignore that guys, this game is a great fun shooter which should not be missed. The graphics are outstanding using Dice's Frostbite 2, the only downfall is having to install the HD content pack much like BF3, I'd have to rate the graphics an 8/10 due to it can have certain times where the faces seem grainy n the cut scenes (noticed this problem with the other Frostbite 2 game also)
    Audio, the audio is pretty well nailed down in my opinion, I couldn't fault it but it lacks those blockbuster voice actors which would give it an edge against other games so it'll be a 7/10.
    Gameplay: The campaign is somewhat short lived and will take the average player 5-6 hours to do the campaign, but most of the people who buy this game will be looking at the MP side too, I got to say the multiplayer is pretty addictive and fun,a mixture of CoD and Battlefield with no vehicles being on hand at the beginning but with killstreaks like CoD (you get a choice of two between each score limit reached in a life) but with the issues of server lag, I do not know if it was just my connection or the server but I quite often saw people jumping across the screen. So i'd give the Single Player a 6/10 for a short lived fun SP, and the multiplayer for the amount of customization that can goes into the guns and such, the gameplay is unique and is best with a team which will make it a 7/10.
    Controls/Playability: As you can expect with any modern day shooter the controls are pretty much the same simple to use, very easy to pick up and play. 9/10

Overall: I'd say overall the game is good, but it's not the best game I've played but not the worse either, If you're a fan of the MoH games i'd say pick it up it definitely has a MoH feel to it and you shall not be disappointing, as for the others who are wanting to get this game or not, I'd say honestly wait till the price comes down a bit, maybe to £25/ $40.
  8. Nov 16, 2012
    Frostbite 2 does a great job at the graphics but the campaign its the same story they use for almost every First Person shooter, if I was comparing this to BO2 than I'd go with this, in the end Medal of honor warfighter has good Graphics, multiplayer, a few missions so I its a decent entry in the MOH games
  9. Oct 23, 2012
    This game looks good but the UI is all over the place. Campaign in very generic and boring. Multiplayer is not bad. Anyone giving this game anything abive a 7 must work for EA. Very overrated for a generic ho hum game.
  10. Oct 26, 2012
    Sometimes a bad game can be a good thing for the industry. Hopefully, if the game is an absolute flop, it teaches developers and studios that they cannot continue to flood the market with this type of garbage. Medal of Honor: Warfighter could very easily be this game.

Clearly dumped on us by EA to be filler until their next installment of the Battlefield series arrives, this absolutely gorgeous but buggy game arrived on consoles with an incredibly large day one patch and even made headlines for not being available for review until the release date. That
  11. Oct 27, 2012
    MOH warfighter is another generic FPS in the market. You will find so many games like MOH, that spending 60 dollars here it's a waste of money. Everything that MOH tries to achieve, fails so badly, that's even hard to find some good thing here. The plot is mediocre, campaign is too damn short, the characters feel dull and stupid, multiplayer maps are short and lack originality. It looksMOH warfighter is another generic FPS in the market. You will find so many games like MOH, that spending 60 dollars here it's a waste of money. Everything that MOH tries to achieve, fails so badly, that's even hard to find some good thing here. The plot is mediocre, campaign is too damn short, the characters feel dull and stupid, multiplayer maps are short and lack originality. It looks like EA said 'Lets do our own Call of Duty' and they even failed on that. Yes, the Frostbite engine it's beautiful, but we've seen it working properly at Battlefield 3, we don't need another example. At the end, MOH:Warfighter looks like an EA gimmick to vanish 60 dollars from your wallet. Stick to Call of Duty or Battlefield, wait for Black Ops 2 or Halo, but stay away from this new Medal of Honor Expand
  12. Oct 24, 2012
    Ok my previous score was a 9, but I made the mistake of reviewing the game too early. After having have played the game for 10+ hours I now see some of the flaws more clearly. The game does look great but it will often have texture loading problems as well as weird animations by the enemies. While there not exactly game breaking the glitches sometimes can be frustrating and annoying.Ok my previous score was a 9, but I made the mistake of reviewing the game too early. After having have played the game for 10+ hours I now see some of the flaws more clearly. The game does look great but it will often have texture loading problems as well as weird animations by the enemies. While there not exactly game breaking the glitches sometimes can be frustrating and annoying. Overall after playing the multiplayer for roughly 4 hours it begs a question of what is really new here. The fire team system is unique and can be enjoyable, but the multiplayer just isn't as good as other games. Some of the maps seemed awkwardly designed and they led to a lot of spawn camping. Now spawn camping can happen in any game but the spawns in this game are in a small area and it can sometimes be hard to get out. Overall it is just an okay game. There are times when I have a lot of fun with the multiplayer but then other times it is boring and uninspired. This game does not deserve the 3's and below its getting because its better than that. I would say wait till this game is cheaper then purchase it, because its still a good game but it just feels all to familiar. Expand
  13. Oct 24, 2012
    I'm only commenting about the Single Player Campaign here . . .
    I'm only commenting about the Single Player Campaign here . . .
    I liked MOH 2010 quite a bit and played the single player campaign over more than a few times. It was action packed and fun . . . I'm not as thrilled so far with MOH Warfighter and I'm probably halfway or more through the sp campaign. Several reasons: Too many "timed" challenges (long chases in cars, on foot, in boats, cat-n-mouse car chases too), a really frustrating "sniping" part where you have to shoot over your targets to allow for distance-bullet drop . . . just seems they minimized great FPS action in favor of multi-varietal tasks. Story and characters: are a little confusing . . .combined with lots of cut scenes and at times uninspired voice acting makes it all kind of run together and borderlines on boring, and guns...? Guns: whoa baby! aiming is loose, lots of recoil, and that's why the hit detection, which is actually pretty acurate, seems unforgiving. Reloading is slow and getting ammo is a pain when you have to chase your AI squadmate all over the place to get ammo out of his butt (it seems). Ammo runs out fast and trying to get ammo during a firefight can get you killed real easily. Graphics are nice close-up and medium range, and a bit washy for further distances. Sound fx are good, occasionally too much reverb on voices . . . So . . . so far . . . all in all could be better if they would have concentrated more on FPS firefight action and less on "007" car, boat ,foot chases, breaching doors, and cut-scenes. SP campaign deserves a 7 in my book. Maybe by the time I finish it I may want to "up" that some but not so far.
  14. Oct 26, 2012
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is a major disappointment. Major fail and a step back. Rent it before you buy it. I traded in my game at GameStop for $40 ($32.50 + $7.50 bonus) and pre-ordered Black Ops 2 which should be a good game (if only TreyArch could develop their games using Frostbite 2). As you read my thoughts on the game, you
  15. Oct 27, 2012
    This Game is really the problem with most shooters today. Its just completely uninspired. Everything in the game doesn't feel like its there for a reason other then it was cool in another game. Weather its the COD set pieces, the Ghost Recon F.S gun creator or the trying to be Spec Ops-The Line dramatic storyline. The Single Player is very bland, has BF3's level of AI and isn'tThis Game is really the problem with most shooters today. Its just completely uninspired. Everything in the game doesn't feel like its there for a reason other then it was cool in another game. Weather its the COD set pieces, the Ghost Recon F.S gun creator or the trying to be Spec Ops-The Line dramatic storyline. The Single Player is very bland, has BF3's level of AI and isn't challenging. The multiplayer is very bare bones with only minor tweaks in some games modes, most for the worst. If you want a good FPS either wait for BlackOps2 or pick up BF3 Premium and spend your money on something better. Expand
  16. Oct 27, 2012
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a game that has limited appeal. I personally enjoy it, but I guarantee not everyone will. The campaign will likely please less. That is because the campaign is such a jumble of events that have almost no relationship to each other until the end... where the "not inspired from actual events" missions appear. The idea of playing real life events looked goodMedal of Honor: Warfighter is a game that has limited appeal. I personally enjoy it, but I guarantee not everyone will. The campaign will likely please less. That is because the campaign is such a jumble of events that have almost no relationship to each other until the end... where the "not inspired from actual events" missions appear. The idea of playing real life events looked good on paper, but they didn't flow the story together very well... if you were to play this, I guarantee you won't have any idea what is going on during your first playthrough AT LEAST. What's more? The game does suffer from glitches in the SP and MP sections, even after the patch, be prepared for some crazy nonsense. Graphically... the game looks good for the most part, and the gameplay feels solid in the SP and MP modes. Multiplayer by the way is... its own thing. It is a two-man team tactical multiplayer, meaning that success lies in how well you do with your fireteam buddy. Finding a match at first can be confusing because the menus are clunky... it took me 15 minutes to make sense of it. Once I was in with a partner, I found that the gameplay itself was quite addicting, but like I mentioned earlier, it has limited appeal. Some of you will love the hell out of the team tactical gameplay, some of you will curse it until the day you die. To most gamers... MOH will feel like a midpoint between Battlefield 3's vehicle and large map gameplay and Call of Duty's infantry close quarters gameplay with killstreaks. There are 5 main modes, each of them unique... but not unique when considering the entire FPS genre. However, it can still be fun... it just has to be for you, and it helps if you have friends that play as well. If you don't have friends that are willing to play with you that you can work with, then your experience with MoH:W will likely be unimpressive. I can tell you that the difference between playing with a friend vs playing alone or with a random is like apples and oranges... they are not the same experience. ///// So... my lasting advice to you is... ONLY get this game if you truly and honestly believe that team tactical gameplay is for you... and you are willing to let a number of glitches slide in the early going. ///// Expand
  17. Oct 29, 2012
    I would liked to have seen a new setting than modern warfare again fighting in desert countries. still a half decent game, graphics are tolerable on xbox, singleplayer is standard shooter with some emotion. multiplayer has some new features (buddy system) not seen before but somehow still feels like an older shooter. the game has some terrible menus.. like unbelievably bad. overall youI would liked to have seen a new setting than modern warfare again fighting in desert countries. still a half decent game, graphics are tolerable on xbox, singleplayer is standard shooter with some emotion. multiplayer has some new features (buddy system) not seen before but somehow still feels like an older shooter. the game has some terrible menus.. like unbelievably bad. overall you can pass it up not a must have game but still far better than MOH 2010. Expand
  18. Oct 31, 2012
    This game was never given that chance due to the nit picky professional reviewers that seem to only pick out how the game is not the next call of duty. Its upsetting that the game never got given a chance with its great graphics and fun multiplayer. For me the campaign on any shooter in today's day and age is useless and all follow the same mold as the last making these reviews that areThis game was never given that chance due to the nit picky professional reviewers that seem to only pick out how the game is not the next call of duty. Its upsetting that the game never got given a chance with its great graphics and fun multiplayer. For me the campaign on any shooter in today's day and age is useless and all follow the same mold as the last making these reviews that are posted by sites like IGN where they pick apart how the campaign is to short and not worth it when most buy the game for the multiplayer aspect. The multiplayer is immersive and contains a lot of customizations that make the leveling up always better when new classes, guns, attachments and soldier units are unlocked. yes the game has glitches that may be a pain, but what game that comes out doesn't have problems when they first release? Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2? All im saying is that if people are to narrow minded to try and learn a new game then there will be no new variation in the FPS genre due to the repetitive COD series. I am by no means saying COD is not a good game but I am saying to make a better FPS it will take more than treyarch and Activition to do so. This game's release has been killed by the negative reviews that seem to have came from a very narrow minded, short play through. Given time the game has surprised me and im sure many others. All games have a learning curve and once past that this game, like most will surprise. Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2012
    OK - so the single player storyline of this game is something of a hot mess. Danger Close and EA set themselves up by over-promising and under-delivering on the campaign side of things as MoH definitely doesn't live up to the "based on actual events", "tells the true story of these heroes",
  20. Nov 16, 2012
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is a robust shooter with equally robust visuals and sound. But that's as far as praise goes. The plot is boring, with an antagonist who has no personality. The family of protagonist Preacher, are two of the ugliest looking videogame characters in ages. The campaign is full of missions where you breach doors, and kill waves upon waves of terrorists, not too wellMedal of Honor Warfighter is a robust shooter with equally robust visuals and sound. But that's as far as praise goes. The plot is boring, with an antagonist who has no personality. The family of protagonist Preacher, are two of the ugliest looking videogame characters in ages. The campaign is full of missions where you breach doors, and kill waves upon waves of terrorists, not too well disguised by the visual palette. Criterion's hand in the driving sections expose the only saving graces to an otherwise dull and repetitive slalom down been there and done shot that avenue. At least the multiplayer is invigorating enough, as its being is mainly to add to the stockpile of multiplayer shooters on the market. Probably worth a punt for MOH veterans or for those who are bored, but this is more like a Medal of Dishonor if anything. Expand
  21. Mar 18, 2013
    Its not a Good Game and Its not a Bad Game, Its Only an OKAY Game. Besides I Love the Graphics and The Promising Game play, But Looks Less Smilier to Battlefield 3.
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    Even though the game offered very little difference in terms of story from its predecessor the multiplayer went on to be the strong point with bold moves with the two man fire teams and the fantastic use of the Frostbite 2 engine developed for Battlefield 3.

23. Jul 21, 2013
    First, let me start by saying that the graphics in this game are incredible as always, but that is one of only few positive notes about the latest installment of the MoH series.

Campaign 6/10 very confusing and difficult to follow in the beginning, but the end explained most of it UI/HUD/Interface 5/10 the peek and lean is good in theory, but not in practice. Also, players are

UI/HUD/Interface 5/10 the peek and lean is good in theory, but not in practice. Also, players are stuck with the M4/M16 platform in singleplayer
    Graphics and IGE 10/10 stunning!
    Multiplayer 3/10 a Call of duty MW2/3 style of play in a BF/MoH frostbite engine. Overall it was not a good mix, but maps were interesting and multi-dimensional
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is that game where you just can't decide if you like it or not, the level design is even more linear than CoD, and it holds nothing that makes it a good shooter, although I love the well directed cutscenes, but the story isn't that good, the voice acting is very well done as well, but some parts in the game do look very gritty there are other parts that make youMedal of Honor Warfighter is that game where you just can't decide if you like it or not, the level design is even more linear than CoD, and it holds nothing that makes it a good shooter, although I love the well directed cutscenes, but the story isn't that good, the voice acting is very well done as well, but some parts in the game do look very gritty there are other parts that make you think otherwise.
    Over all this game could've been something but failed, I would just recommend watching a walkthrough if you're desperate to play it.
  25. Feb 21, 2014
    I picked up this game pretty cheap and whilst we expect a lot from these AAA titles I don't feel like a company forking out more cash and man power on a project by any means should allow us to be more critical of it than we would of a smaller budget game. I found the visuals to be on par with any of the best shooters out now, I found the storyline was made engaging by the more personalI picked up this game pretty cheap and whilst we expect a lot from these AAA titles I don't feel like a company forking out more cash and man power on a project by any means should allow us to be more critical of it than we would of a smaller budget game. I found the visuals to be on par with any of the best shooters out now, I found the storyline was made engaging by the more personal aspects which were featured and I found it altogether an enjoyable experience.

I did not play the multiplayer and I could understand someone being upset with the length of the single player if they had paid full price for the game. I found the tilt mechanic excellent and think it would be a welcome addition to any FPS. If you like first person shooters and can get it cheap I think it is well worthwhile giving it a whirl.
  26. Feb 20, 2013
    Like the previous installment to the Medal of Honor series, Warfighter is not being received well. As of right now, it has a user score of 4.9 and is receiving many negative reviews due to its short campaign, and buggy multiplayer. I personally loved the 2010 addition to the series, and am also quite enjoying this one. As of right now, im only 3-4 hours into the campaign (Which I guess isLike the previous installment to the Medal of Honor series, Warfighter is not being received well. As of right now, it has a user score of 4.9 and is receiving many negative reviews due to its short campaign, and buggy multiplayer. I personally loved the 2010 addition to the series, and am also quite enjoying this one. As of right now, im only 3-4 hours into the campaign (Which I guess is about half way through) and I only have one complaint. The story is completely un-original. But that's not a big deal for me anyway. Over the years I've learned to never expect anything from an FPS's story. The game runs on Dice's frostbite 2 game engine and looks just about as good as anything else on the market. Although I must say that the campaign does look slightly better than the multiplayer. The graphics are definitely one of the game's upsides. The multiplayer is as if BF and COD had a baby, which some people may see as a disaster, but I personally enjoy it. Definitely isn't as tacticle as BF, but at the same time still requires some thought unlike COD. It does feel a bit clunky at times though, I don't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the original's multiplayer. Oh and did I mention that the maps aren't as open as MoH 2010's so spawn sniping is no longer an issue? (if you played MoH 2010 you know what I'm talking about.) In my opinion, this game is extremely under rated and is definitely one of the better first person shooters on the market. I give it a 7 out of 10. Expand
  27. Oct 31, 2012
    I'll admit. I was hopeful. The prospect of another game made using the frostbite 2 engine had me almost giggling like a schoolgirl.

Alas the game while it does have its good points has some rather painfully glaring flaws. It's almost like the developers thought, you know what this game isn't going to be played that much so let's just release it with the bare minimum of play-testing.

The problems start early on i'm afraid. The first time you see a terrorist dive behind a car and start shooting at you you will probably think "this is fine I'll shoot him through the car windows when he pops up".

WRONG!!!

While admittedly if you shoot through the side door windows you may be able to score a hit or two (provided your gun will actually shoot where you are telling it to, unfortunately not always a given) all the smaller windows on a car are seemingly impenetrable. Not to mention the wooden pallets that these enemies have realised have become magically impervious to bullets. It does get a bit worrying when the bullets I'm firing can't manage to touch an enemy that is only partially covered by wooden slats.

Then we move on to the "teammates" these guys seem to be running into the fray while taking no damage and pointing you out for every enemy who will suddenly decide that even though there's a whole squad of you its only you they want to shoot at. Don't get me wrong. I understand that in an fps game there will be more enemies shooting at you than at your teammates but why do A: my teammates not take advantage of this by shooting the guy stood right next to them unloading magazine after magazine into my face. And B: why do all of these bad guys seem to have superman's x-ray vision that let's them finish me off through the tiny crack in the cover I am currently cowering behind.

Another issue i have with fps games now is their insistence on having literally every enemy you are currently engaged with mob you every time you reload a weapon. This would be understandable if the enemies didn't just hide around behind cover until exactly the moment you reload and then all of a sudden they have "decided" to run out after you. It's becoming a rather worrying pattern that as fps games are being brought out the enemy ai isn't being improved for a harder difficulty level. The designers are just giving them perfect aim and dirty tactics that abuse the games knowledge. At least my trusty squadmates will shoot the man running wildly towards me while I desperately try to reload my pistol! Oh wait ****

The cutscenes in the game do provide some excitement as they are nothing short of beautiful. The characters look more like movie characters than models in a game. I had a rather wonderful moment near the end of the final cutscene where I wasn't sure if a certain part was filmed with real people or made using frostbite. The multiplayer experience isnt too bad. The guns are good fun the support options (though damn near impossible to aim) are impressive and you will definitely remember it the first time someone you are playing against gets Apache support. But on the whole the multiplayer just won't compete with battlefield 3's Overall this game is not great. If not for what would seem to be lazy play testing which if done properly could have made some changes for the better it could have been a much more fun game. Some of the set pieces are good fun and the multiplayer can be good too. I do think that this game falls short of the "would recommend to a friend category though 5/10.
  28. Oct 31, 2012
    Single player is short and boring! Nothing new at all. The multiplayer is shocking! Its just not a fun game to play. They need to sort the mechanics out. I'm so sick of shooting enemies and not downing them only for them to turn around and kill me; and they have 100% health- WTF IS THAT?? The guns feels like pea shooters, far too many bullets to down enemies, AND if you find two enemiesSingle player is short and boring! Nothing new at all. The multiplayer is shocking! Its just not a fun game to play. They need to sort the mechanics out. I'm so sick of shooting enemies and not downing them only for them to turn around and kill me; and they have 100% health- WTF IS THAT?? The guns feels like pea shooters, far too many bullets to down enemies, AND if you find two enemies together is impossible to kill both! Shot behind walls, noob tubes and nades and constant, poor spawns, poor hit detection! overall the game's s**t and unbalanced! Read what everyone is saying! Avoid! Expand
  29. Nov 4, 2012
    I feel this game is getting quite a bad and undeserved rep. I can't speak for the multiplayer, but the campaign was quite enjoyable, albeit rather short at around six hours - to which I'd be a little annoyed at if I'd paid full retail price for it, but it was a rental so i can't complain. Much like you'd expect from a modern day FPS, there's constant adrenaline-fueled action the whole wayI feel this game is getting quite a bad and undeserved rep. I can't speak for the multiplayer, but the campaign was quite enjoyable, albeit rather short at around six hours - to which I'd be a little annoyed at if I'd paid full retail price for it, but it was a rental so i can't complain. Much like you'd expect from a modern day FPS, there's constant adrenaline-fueled action the whole way through, with a mixture of stealth missions, car chases and full on assaults to keep you on your toes. Of course, it's nothing original, but then few games today are. I do often feel it's been dumbed down a little, similar to its predecessor, with hardcore mode being the only real challenge of the game - if you can be bothered starting from the beginning of the campaign each time you die. But again, all games seem to be dumbed down since developers seem to be trying to reach a wider audience these days. Poor hit detection can also take you out of the immersive experience at times, but the game makes up for this with fantastic graphics (especially the cutscenes - wow) and a soundtrack that keeps you pumped all the way through. The story is typical American propaganda, though you still feel sucked in regardless. All in all the game wasn't great, but it was good and well worth a rent from your local blockbuster. It gets a fairly good 7 out of 10... just above average, because the mission did keep me on my toes throughout tier 1 difficulty. Expand
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    There are moments of something that really has potential in MoH:W, 70% of the time it's the most visually impressive game I've ever played. With the Frostbite 2 engine it's an experience that mirrors realism very closely. The audio for every environments fits the situation and amazes me, also you have some good levels in the single player, and a decent multiplayer. However there are justThere are moments of something that really has potential in MoH:W, 70% of the time it's the most visually impressive game I've ever played. With the Frostbite 2 engine it's an experience that mirrors realism very closely. The audio for every environments fits the situation and amazes me, also you have some good levels in the single player, and a decent multiplayer. However there are just as many strengths as weaknesses. The other 30% of the time textures are decent but it resembles that of an older 360 game. The game itself doesn't really innovate, and it's still trying to find what makes it unique in a world Dominated by Call of Duty and Battlefield. The multiplayer can be very frustrating at times. If you're a fan of the series or just a fan of military shooters then you'll no doubt appreciate it and probably have already picked it up, otherwise for everyone else it's a decent rent but passing this one by wouldn't be a bad idea either. Expand

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Decidedly 'meh.' [Jan 2013, p.64]
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    Bland, glitchy, linear to a fault and hopelessly redundant. You could go your whole life without playing this and not miss anything. [Jan 2013, p.72]
    Okay in short bursts, but there's no reason to play single-player. A huge missed opportunity on EA's part and another year it won't be taking COD's crown. [Issue#92, p.78]