Medal of Honor Xbox 360

6.7

1. May 10, 2011
    With so many FPS's out there a game in this genre has to do a lot to stand out, and while Medal of Honor does do something pretty new, it just doesn't have what it takes to be the next big military shooter, the graphics are dated and bland, but the sound is fantastic, and the controls are tight, the campaign has a good story and the ending is fantastic, it's nothing we haven't seen before,With so many FPS's out there a game in this genre has to do a lot to stand out, and while Medal of Honor does do something pretty new, it just doesn't have what it takes to be the next big military shooter, the graphics are dated and bland, but the sound is fantastic, and the controls are tight, the campaign has a good story and the ending is fantastic, it's nothing we haven't seen before, and the multiplayer just feels like a Battlefield knock off without all of the polish, so it's fun but not as good as all of the others out there, while I'm happy to see the Medal of Honor series back, and glad to see it's trying something new, it's just nothing all that great, don't get me wrong it's not a bad game, it's just not all that great, it's just ok, and I can see this having a lot of strong supporters, which is good because this game deserves it, and I hope there will be a sequel that's better, I would recommend a rental before you buy this. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2011
    I see, so they made reborn to an a almost dead franchise, i had high hope to this one, thinking that maybe this could be a big rival to CoD,( I mean killing that repetitive franchise ) but everything results being more of the same, actually, this have a great positive characteristic, is the most realistic shooter out there, no fantasy or imaginative story is here .
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    The problem with this game is that no-one would want to play it while Call of Duty and Battlefield exist. Which is a pity as it actually does some things better than those two (smaller levels and better unlock system). The single player campaign feels rushed though.
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    The campaign is OK. It tells a good soldier's story, but lacks any excitement in the story, maybe a little too realistic and lacking any cinematic feels. The campaign plays well though, but nothing special. The multiplayer is not good though. Dice clearly did not put forth their A game with MOH. This is not a BF multiplayer. It is not fun and quickly grows boring. The maps are bad and lackThe campaign is OK. It tells a good soldier's story, but lacks any excitement in the story, maybe a little too realistic and lacking any cinematic feels. The campaign plays well though, but nothing special. The multiplayer is not good though. Dice clearly did not put forth their A game with MOH. This is not a BF multiplayer. It is not fun and quickly grows boring. The maps are bad and lack character. The game is average, but is not the revival of MOH as a tier 1 shooter. It cannot match up with others like Halo, cod, and bf Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    Boring campaign that features repetitive and boring mission objectives, Multiplayer is limited to 4 boring modes and very few maps. Add in a combat system that takes a grind to get use to and you have yourself a pathetic reboot.
  6. Oct 19, 2010
    Its good but not great. for starters the guns are underpowered. it took me longer than usual to kill wide open AI. my favorite part of the game is the campaign even though it is a little short. i was really looking forward to the multiplayer but it was pretty bad in the end. mainly because of the respawning. if yo really wanted to feel good DICE multiplayer just play battlefield 2.
  7. Oct 12, 2010
    EA knows how to make a compelling single-player game. Unfortunately, some of the mechanics, like sliding into cover and leaning around a corner, aren't carried over into the multi-player. And that's a shame. After playing the single player for a little bit i was pretty jazzed about getting into the online, but the online is just a poor man's Call of Duty. I recommend it if you have a PS3EA knows how to make a compelling single-player game. Unfortunately, some of the mechanics, like sliding into cover and leaning around a corner, aren't carried over into the multi-player. And that's a shame. After playing the single player for a little bit i was pretty jazzed about getting into the online, but the online is just a poor man's Call of Duty. I recommend it if you have a PS3 to get the special version of Medal of Honor Frontline, its a welcome blast from the past. If you only play single player, then this is tight up your alley. But, if you have an 360, wait for Black Ops or keep on playing Reach. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2010
    Too disappointed for much regurgitated diatribe here, folks...this game had all the marketing of a COD rival, yet all the substance of an old system's castoff. The multiplayer is abysmal; as if all the fun was ripped from its soul by attempting to merge two successful formulas from other multiplayers previous to MOH. Like a bad collegiate term paper, though the plagiarism seemed easy toToo disappointed for much regurgitated diatribe here, folks...this game had all the marketing of a COD rival, yet all the substance of an old system's castoff. The multiplayer is abysmal; as if all the fun was ripped from its soul by attempting to merge two successful formulas from other multiplayers previous to MOH. Like a bad collegiate term paper, though the plagiarism seemed easy to hide in the concept, the execution and read exposed the fraud, and it is in the gameplay and true lack of character, much like a true cheat. DICE should be ashamed to put their stamp on their side of the game (multi), but the campaign is decent if you are a true Department Of Defense or PMC junkie. This title is not worth the money as a campaign stand alone, nor any time wasted in the multiplayer that lacks any real excitement or sense of accomplishment and camaraderie. Expand
  9. Dec 10, 2010
    I think it's only fair that I first begin with what the game does relatively well: the single player campaign. To start, yes, it is indeed extremely short, and when I say that, I mean it's even shorter than any COD campaign I've ever played. You will easily finish the game on Hard difficulty easily under 3 hours. Aside from that, I think that the campaign was extremely well done. FightingI think it's only fair that I first begin with what the game does relatively well: the single player campaign. To start, yes, it is indeed extremely short, and when I say that, I mean it's even shorter than any COD campaign I've ever played. You will easily finish the game on Hard difficulty easily under 3 hours. Aside from that, I think that the campaign was extremely well done. Fighting al-Qaeda terrorists is a nice change instead of fighting against Nazis, Vietcong, or imaginary Russian ultra-nationalist forces. The levels are all very good, but in my opinion, there were none that actually wowed me. The story isn't that enthralling, but it keeps a nice pace and some of the cinematics were basically awesome. Voice-acting is excellent, and the characters are mostly likable. One problem I did have with the campaign is that the directions were very poor at times. I would be playing a level, have to turn away to do something for literally 1 second, look at my screen again, and there's no one around. All of my companions have proceeded without me, and the objectives don't help with where to go to next. However, this only happened a few times and wasn't game breaking. Overall, I enjoyed the single player. Now let's move on to what EA clearly concentrated on the most: the multiplayer. Never have I played a game that has made me want to actually go back to playing COD, until now. If you think COD sucks, than this game will make it seem like it's the godliest FPS on the face of the earth. It strives to be Battlefield and COD, but succeeds at neither. When you're playing a 12v12 team deathmatch on a map that could barely contain a 6v6, the spawn killing starts to wear on your nerves. Everyone, and I literally mean everyone, snipes. This is because sniping is a total cakewalk, and you could easily hit an enemy the entire distance of a Battlefield-sized map without even trying. Essentially, snipers are overpowered. Another thing that I question EA on, is why they would remove weapon recoil. I understand that there is some, but you will hardly notice when you press the trigger down on your AK-47 and land every bullet at a sniper's distance away. Support actions (AKA killstreaks), are also extremely imbalanced as well. As soon as you land that first missile killstreak, the rest just fall into your lap because you have spawn killed the same people 10 times over with an explosion reminiscient to that of a nuke. The guns all essentially shoot the same, with the two basics being fully automatic weapon and sniper, as well as the rare shotgun. The physics on the game are absolutely terrible, and hitbox has a ten foot span around your character, making it easy to hit all enemies with any gun. The unlocks on all of the weapons are boring, and have very little effect on how your gun behaves, except for the scopes on your sniper rifles. The maps are all dull and one-sided, with one team spawning on a side with a huge cover advantage. They also have very little variety, with two of them being city ruins, and the rest being some jihadist village ruin. However, through all of the darkness, there is a bit of light at the end. The sound effects are amazing, and it really makes you feel like you're caught up in an intense gunfight. Overall, the multiplayer can be fun at times (rarely), but mostly makes you want to eject your disc and pee all over it. Very big letdown, and if you're looking for a break from COD, look elsewhere. Expand
  10. Jan 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wasn't expecting big things from this game, since I have already read the reviews, and yet this game has succeed in letting me down with the levels lacking in variety. They used one level sequence, wash, rinse and repeat, and you have a bore-fest of around 7 hours. You attack some unsuspecting men, raid a disclosed area, and "strategically" find the correct spots to send the bombs falling and your targets. There was moments that really seemed cool, but knowing that I'll come upon a level the washed and repeated the later levels just discourages me. Multi-player is never my thing, and this made me hate it even more and chipped at the small liking that Transformer: WFC gave me. The one thing I have to give credit for is making a moment where YOU, the player, has to retreat escaping the overwhelming enemy, but then a unoriginal level came and it put me down again. Honestly, this game actually tired me because I wanted it to end so much, I was insane, never have I seen such unoriginal gameplay, and I'm picky with my games, what a let down. Expand
  11. Oct 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm going to assume that most of you who play military FPS shooters play COD:MW. If so, MOH can be a little jarring to play. This isn't necessarily bad, but change can be hard and especially hard if what you're changing to isn't as good or polished at what you're used to. That being said, the MOH reboot is (from the 5 or so hours I've put into it so far) a solid, above average FPS. I'll break this review down into single and multi-player since they are really two distinct parts of this game coming from two different developers. Which, by the way, might not have been the best route for this game.

SINGLE PLAYER: The graphics are very good, if you care about that. The atmosphere created is excellent. I really like the night vision mode as it looks authentic, actually better than MW's version. They really nailed the sparkling snow patches in this game haha. There can be a few really ugly technical glitches here and there. At the very start of one level, you are prone and staring up at a goat. For me, said goat was loaded as a blurry mess of textures that looked like it belonged in an N64 game. The proper textures took like five seconds to load and this really killed the immersion factor. Also, when you go to look into the sights of the lazing gun, the textures are absolutely ugly. The cut scenes are cool but the faces can look a little weird. Overall though, animations are great and the game just looks really good. Sound is on point too. There is a lot of authentic military chatter and spats of humor thrown in the dialog. Weapons and explosions sound good if not a little muffled. I enjoyed the music and it wasn't intrusive or repetitive. Controls are responsive and not very different from MW. The ability to peak up and around corners is a really nice added feature that's lacking from MW. You can also slide into cover which works well most of the time. A quick double tap of the Y button switches to your pistol which has unlimited rounds and is always available, pretty nice. I'll also say that the way you character moves is more realistic than MW and I actually like the way it feels. It's less arcade-like and cements you in the environment a bit better. One big problem with the gameplay is the AI. I like a challenge so I put it on Hard but even still, the game is too easy. I only died a handful of times. (Haven't tried the Tier 1 mode yet so hopefully the challenge will be there). Enemy movement is predictable and pretty dumb most of the time. Your squad mates sometimes will get in your line of sight too, taking multiple rounds to the head and retorting with "I'm on YOUR side." The story is not very well developed. Neither are the interesting looking and sounding characters you play with. Overall, I'd give the SINGLE PLAYER an 8 out of 10 based on my impressions thus far.

MULTI-PLAYER: In a word, unpolished. Again, if you are coming from MW, you will probably get frustrated and bored with this quickly. Really, honestly...you will. It simply feels limited in scope and execution compared with MW in terms of design and overall look and feel. The graphics are not as good as single player and colors are muted. I found it difficult to tell friend from foe and often lost enemy in the background. It seems most maps are small (there's only 8 built in) and you can't even play all of the game types (there's only 5 of those built in) on all of the maps. So, play variety suffers from that. I dunno, it's just missing that polish and structure that makes MW so addicting. A year later and I'm still looking forward to player MW2 online. MOH won't put it's hooks into you like that. Now to be fair, I haven't logged but a couple of hours here so I'm reserving final judgement for later. But first impressions are important and I just didn't have FUN with the multi-player here like I do in MW. Plus, with Black Ops on the way, I really can't see MOH establishing itself as a dominant player in the online console FPS wars. Let's be honest, Black Ops is going to tear MOH a new one from what has been shown thus far. It's kind of not fair because COD is such a juggernaut at this point...whether it's coming from Infinity Ward or Treyarch, COD will dominate the charts for the foreseeable future. So, based on all that I'd give the MULTI-PLAYER a 4 out of 10.

My recommendation is to Game Flay or rent MOH. If this game existed in a military FPS vacuum with no competition, it would be an excellent game. But reality is different, and while it's a solid effort, the sum of the parts just doesn't add up to greatness. I can understand the business and technical reasons behind separating the single and multi player development but the end result has proven disappointing. Buy this if you have the extra cash and need something different to tide you over until Black Ops. Otherwise, keep practicing on MW2 (don't camp or use the noob tube).
  12. Oct 12, 2010
    Firstly its no wonder Medal of Honor finally moved with the trend and built on their title with the modern day play, instead of WW II. yes it followed the coat tails of the Call of Duty franchise, but fans of one at least have the competition and ability to now play them off against each other or so you would think.

It seems everything that makes Call of Duty the success it is is just

It seems everything that makes Call of Duty the success it is is just simply missing from Medal of Honor. From the rag doll physics, or the weapons ability to feel contact and penetrate the enviroment and provide a lasting online expierence.

Not to say Medal of Honor is completly lacking, the weapons have some worth and the sound and feel of them are nice. But once fired although it penetrates objects to hit its target nothing seems more than a mediocre attempt and doing what is expected.

The single player game play, follows a very linear pattern and allows for very little deviation. You see paths you want to take, doors that are open and opportunity to flack and randomise your attack plan. However the game boxes you in by only providing the necessary path and pushing you were to go. Even the addttion of some great sniping action and use of airborne weaponary cant save the game from making you feel like you playing an arcade shooter than allows only one path.....theirs.

On that note the single player is so short, you will wonder if this is just the demo levels. As it was over before it ever began. Leaving that sinking feeling that Medal of Honor will just dwindle away into nothing as now it has been dwarfed by the Call of Duty monster.
  13. Oct 15, 2010
    If i could only rate the multiplayer this game would get a 9, the single player is horrible, not even worth reviewing. The online however is a lot of fun, upgrading is simple and everything is polished nicely. Awesome sound effects, health and weapon systems, its all there. Few things to nitpick though: The screen tends to be cluttered with meaningless objects all the time (like barrels,If i could only rate the multiplayer this game would get a 9, the single player is horrible, not even worth reviewing. The online however is a lot of fun, upgrading is simple and everything is polished nicely. Awesome sound effects, health and weapon systems, its all there. Few things to nitpick though: The screen tends to be cluttered with meaningless objects all the time (like barrels, jars, crates that sort of thing) making it hard to spot enemies, and given that the game throws 24 players out at one time, it gets messy. You find yourself dying more than you should since you think you're covered, but you're wide open to enemies which never seem to come from the one direction (fortunately though in Objective style games though this isn't a problem). Sniping is way too easy, explosions do close to nothing, and kill-streaks are a too hard to get for things that are so useless. But if you are bored of MW2 or Bad Company 2, it definitely hits the spot. Its fast-paced, difficult online gaming. What more could you ask for? Black Ops that's what. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What good thong can I say about this game well maybe the hype that failed btw, but there is nothing but bad as soon as you start because first of all the people that you play are far from realistic it feels like a camera with a gun basically and that is not an enjoyable experience trust me. The story is as cheesy as it can get and the characters are lifeless with nothing but the death at the end to even make you feel a bit connected to the characters, there is a few gimmicks but overall 2/10

Multiplayer? let me just start with saying that I was really looking forward to this seeing as i liked Dice's previous game BFBC2 but God was i wrong, the multiplayer is too frantic and unbalanced with everyone camping with snipers (which are basically a one hit kill most of the time with no skill required just aim shoot kill) your average life is ten secs but even if you do manage to get close you will be blasted away with the far range shotguns and overpowered SMG's. In certain maps as well the spawn director finds it amusing to spawn the two teams right in front of each other which isn't fun when one team has a tank.
    Overall 4/10

Graphics are good very realistic but the guns look chubby and ugly looking, but the face cap and enemy AI is decent enough for playability but it is still mega easy the sound is nothing special just your basics.
  15. Oct 22, 2010
    I have three complaints with game. 1 Why is single player and multi-player like playing two separate games. You would've have thought that both developers would have had a chance to see how different each game was before they launched it. 2 Horrible spawn system in multi-player, there have been many occasions where either I was spawn camping or was being spawn camped. No reason that II have three complaints with game. 1 Why is single player and multi-player like playing two separate games. You would've have thought that both developers would have had a chance to see how different each game was before they launched it. 2 Horrible spawn system in multi-player, there have been many occasions where either I was spawn camping or was being spawn camped. No reason that I should fear spawning and dying immediately upon doing so, sometimes several times in a row. 3 Explosives are weaker than pistol fire, so many times launching a rocket into a group of enemies only to have them turn around and kill me, no need to use c4 or noob tube because they don't actually kill anything anyway. Also I love you when you throw c4 i just drops ground, you can launch a grenade across the map but c4 is pulled down by earth amazing gravity. I will definitely be buying COD: black ops now. I was wanting a way out of the monster that activision has created, I guess I will have to wait for Brink for any hope of that. Expand
  16. Oct 20, 2010
    I think medal of honor is intitle to a fairly good score. The multiplayer is like any other fps out at the moment and reminds me of dice's other title: battefield bad company 2. in the multiplayer instead of getting a kill streak you get awards depending on what point streak you are on which i think a is a nice fresh way to play an online shooter. Alot of call of duty fans will hate me,I think medal of honor is intitle to a fairly good score. The multiplayer is like any other fps out at the moment and reminds me of dice's other title: battefield bad company 2. in the multiplayer instead of getting a kill streak you get awards depending on what point streak you are on which i think a is a nice fresh way to play an online shooter. Alot of call of duty fans will hate me, but i think it has to be said, the medal of honor campayne is short but has managed to do everything call of duty failed to do which was to actually emmerse you within the game and actually intrest you long enough to finish it without having to result to going online. In the short space of time that you have within the story you really get to know the characters and enjoy the whole experiance. However, eventhough i belive that dices shooters beat call of duty obviously hardly anybody else will agree as most never seem to ever take modern warefare 2 out of thier disk drive. It may sound like a dig at the mw2 fans but let me tell you, THERE ARE OTHER GAMES OUT TRYING PLAYING A FEW! Expand
  17. Oct 13, 2010
    This game doesn't bring anything new to the table. Everything in this game I have seen before in other shooters. It is yet another war shooter style game to compete with the very popular COD, MW and BF games. If you love those shooters then you will most likely enjoy MOH. MOH isn't as good as BF BC2 or COD MW2, infact it's slightly worse than those games. Single player teammate AI isThis game doesn't bring anything new to the table. Everything in this game I have seen before in other shooters. It is yet another war shooter style game to compete with the very popular COD, MW and BF games. If you love those shooters then you will most likely enjoy MOH. MOH isn't as good as BF BC2 or COD MW2, infact it's slightly worse than those games. Single player teammate AI is horrible. It's a problem when your teammate is standing there doing nothing while you venture ahead and he yells at you to hurry up. This happened to me throughout the game, and I had to restart missions because the bad teammate AI. Multiplayer brings nothing new to the table. Small maps, lots of players, tons of campers. The game is mediocre at best. Pick up MW2 or BFBC2 if you haven't played those. If you're a fan of the genre and want another game to play, rent it, you might like it. Collapse
  18. Oct 19, 2010
    Single Player Only Review. I will start this review by saying I'm not a massive fan of fps, however if there done well I will play them to death. Unfortunately this overall is not done very well. I agree that the graphics, sounds and atmosphere are very well done and extremely emersive adding to a real involvement in the game . . .to those watching. The game play is where it all fallsSingle Player Only Review. I will start this review by saying I'm not a massive fan of fps, however if there done well I will play them to death. Unfortunately this overall is not done very well. I agree that the graphics, sounds and atmosphere are very well done and extremely emersive adding to a real involvement in the game . . .to those watching. The game play is where it all falls apart.

Playing through the game its difficult to know what is expected of you in some missions due to vocal instructions (only) either not being clear or spoken in military jargen, there is a mission point indicator, however that does not help in the 'how too'. At some points I have overtaken the npc players and ended up at continual spawning enemy points. I have then had to return to find the small patch of land i need to stand on to continue the mission.

Overall an excellent game that is spoilt by the game play aspect, which is irritating enough to distract from the overall experience. I shall continue to play MW2 and Red Dead for my fps fix
  19. Oct 13, 2010
    I went into this game with very low expectations. EA's Medal of Honor series has been on the down low for a few years now and it's last iteration, Medal of Honor: Airborne, was not very impressive so needless to say I was not expecting much from this game at all. It's a good thing I did.

First of all, the marketing campaign for this game was very pathetic, at least from the XBox 360 end. one day before launch, 5 promotional videos were still grayed out, there was hardly any hype for this game and all the hype it was getting was about multiplayer. So I thought multiplayer was going to be better than single player. It was actually reverse.

The single player campaign is very entertaining. It's realistic, intense and well worth at least two play throughs. My only gripe is minor, and it's the stiffness in the reload/ aiming animations. When you try to perform either of the two aforementioned actions it feels as if there is no weight to the weapons and it looks very stiff and outdated. this normally wouldnt be a gripe but when ive been playing call of duty for a while now i expect there to be a standard in the level of polish in a modern combat type shooter, especially first person. other than that the single player campaign was great! characters and scenarios are well thought out and very intense and educational to a degree. guns feel realistic and it was a relief to play a game where money was put into sound effects. the guns sound very real and the kick is very life like, unlike call of duty where shooting a sidearm sounds like shooting an airsoft gun and there is no kick/penalty for firing in full auto. Medal of Honor nails realism to the T!

now multiplayer. as i mentioned before, i thought multiplayer was going to be better than single player from the amount of videos i had seen of the multiplayer and because the tried and true battlefield formula was being used but i was wrong. multiplayer was intolerable. first off, like i said, there is a standard to the level of polish in first person shooters these days and not to be nitpicky but the polish just wasnt there. when your gun runs out of ammo instead of the bolt locking back your character just slaps in a new mag very stiff, no weight to the guns at all. plus the m16a4 is fully automatic, in real life, the m16a4 is NOT fully automatic. call me nitpicky but i pay attention to detail (it's the little things you know?) and these erroneous depictions of modern weapons is almost inexcusable, it's like DICE just didnt care. as far as gameplay, the multiplayer is a joke. its a giant mess of uncoordinated "warzone" where snipers rule and it just feels to arcady. it takes too many shots to kill someone and it just feels like an uncoordinated mess. i may be coming off as whiny but keep in mind i've been playing call of duty for a long time and it has just set the bar so high if EA wants to make a name for itself in the modern warfare realm, they just need to step it up. EA didnt even need to contract out to DICE for multiplayer, if they just kept their campaign engine then multiplayer would probably be better than it is now.

in conclusion, medal of honor single player is a great game 8.75/10. . . but multiplayer is a 6.25/10 and that's is the staying power in games these days, especially first person shooters. is this game worth 60 bucks? hell no. but if you can get you a copy for 30 bucks or less, its definitely worth a play through.
  20. Oct 15, 2010
    When I bought Medal of Honor I was thinking it would have an awesome multiplayer and a mediocre campaign. I was wrong. The Campaign is very fun, full of action, great sound and except for the occasional textures taking awhile to load a very nice looking game. I bought it the day it came out. Campaign is somewhat short, but not any shorter then most FPS these days. I beat it the day I gotWhen I bought Medal of Honor I was thinking it would have an awesome multiplayer and a mediocre campaign. I was wrong. The Campaign is very fun, full of action, great sound and except for the occasional textures taking awhile to load a very nice looking game. I bought it the day it came out. Campaign is somewhat short, but not any shorter then most FPS these days. I beat it the day I got it, then again on hard the next day. Campaign is a little on the easy side. Tier 1 on the other hand is a what I would consider hard.

One big complaint I have seen about Medal of Honor is that its a clone of Modern Warfare. Yes, some parts of it are too similar to even think about arguing that. Even with that being the case it is still a fun game. The truth is "original" games get closer and closer to being impossible with each new release and almost every game out you could say "hey they copied this game!!" (Halo Reach sniper mission anyone?) So lets just put that its not original complaint to the side.

Now to the reason its getting a 6. The multiplayer is terrible. I have been playing multiplayer first person shooters since Unreal Tournament and playing in a CAL clan for Counter-Strike. I have never been spawn killed so many times in my entire life. The maps are very small the majority of everyone is sniping and you might as well just play team death match because only a few people pay attention to the objectives. I am a huge fan of Dice but I have no idea what they were thinking when making this. Did they get **** I really don't know BUT I still have high hopes for Battlefield 3.

Should you buy Medal of Honor? If you want it for the campaign then definitely I think you should. If your wanting it for the multiplayer I would give it a pass or at least wait for it lower in price.
  21. Oct 16, 2010
    Pretty excited to get this...So far, CAMPAIGN and TIER 1 have been cool...What is up with the MULTIPLAYER? Why does your character move so slow... I like a challenge but this is getting &%!! ridiculous!!! I will have to get my MULTIPLAYER kick with HALO REACH of CODMW2...sigh...
  22. Oct 22, 2010
    Had this game come out three years ago (before Modern Warfare), the game would have been pretty damn good, but as it is, been there, done that. The campaign is boring with the big moments in the story being rehashed a few times in the same campaign. The multiplayer is also disappointing, with the maps all looking very similar (since they are all set in the desert). I'm very disappointed inHad this game come out three years ago (before Modern Warfare), the game would have been pretty damn good, but as it is, been there, done that. The campaign is boring with the big moments in the story being rehashed a few times in the same campaign. The multiplayer is also disappointing, with the maps all looking very similar (since they are all set in the desert). I'm very disappointed in DICE's effort, considering Bad Company 2 is amazing. Overall, rental at best. Expand
  23. Oct 29, 2010
    A game definitely designed to take on the largest name in the genre: Call of Duty. Promising a strong campaign and a more Call of Duty oriented Multiplayer we were interested how this game would pan out! We were especially interested to see how using 2 different game engines would finalise! We were glad to see that the campaign was fun (better than Bad Company 2 although not a MW2 or WaWA game definitely designed to take on the largest name in the genre: Call of Duty. Promising a strong campaign and a more Call of Duty oriented Multiplayer we were interested how this game would pan out! We were especially interested to see how using 2 different game engines would finalise! We were glad to see that the campaign was fun (better than Bad Company 2 although not a MW2 or WaW beater) although too short for us to say "we got our money's worth from this investment" and we know many of you will feel the same. As for graphics, it does nothing new to the genre (plus we know how much benchmarks are getting raised with every entry into the FPS genre) and the Unreal Engine is better suited to the mountains of Helmand Valley to the small town in the first level of the game. As for the online, we felt frostbite from Bad Company 2 had improved in terms of graphics, however it was just a sniper heavy imbalanced experience where it was missing team work and vehicles of Bad Company 2 and replaced it with the 1 man band lonewolves of Modern Warfare 2 who all love running off to satisfy their own needs! In conclusion, a good reboot to the Medal of honor series and we could tell by the ending we can expect another installment in the future, however with some largely popular rivals in the form of Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 and Black Ops we feel it has its work majorly cut out! Expand
  24. cee
    Nov 24, 2010
    Some may call us the Call of Duty Generation, but there's good reason to. This is a very good try but please try again EA. A large company such as that should be able to give gamers the same amount of content from other shooters.
  25. Jan 25, 2011
    This game isn't really bad, but it isn't really good. The campaign is pretty decent, with some pretty good action, it didn't really disappoint me. The multi-player was pretty good too, but still, its pretty bad. OK, the problem about all the games that DICE makes, is that they are so DULL. Really dull. They can't catch the action that CoD, or Halo can.
  26. Jan 2, 2011

-'s
    Lots of spawnkilling
    Needs more maps
  27. Aug 23, 2011
    Medal Of Honor sports great visuals, slick presentation and deep realism. But being based on a conflict that is still fresh in our minds means never having the balls to go places that Call Of Duty and similar titles can. Gritty but very routine.
  28. Feb 28, 2011
    In my opinion, Medal Of Honor is not majorly flawed as some say, sure it has minor issues with regards to lacklustre AI and the never-ending spawning of enemies. Nonetheless, an emotionally charged story along with satisfying gun play will provide you a good nights worth of entertainment. Too bad the campaign didn't last longer.
  29. Jun 20, 2011
    Medal of Honor tries to do a lot of things, and in some cases succeeds, but that isn't always the case sadly. It is split in to two separate games basically, the single player made by Danger Close and the Multiplayer made by DICE. The single players has a story that is more emotional than other war games and some parts that really made me feel like I was one of the Tier 1 soldiers. TheMedal of Honor tries to do a lot of things, and in some cases succeeds, but that isn't always the case sadly. It is split in to two separate games basically, the single player made by Danger Close and the Multiplayer made by DICE. The single players has a story that is more emotional than other war games and some parts that really made me feel like I was one of the Tier 1 soldiers. The game is very realistic and has quite a few fun moments. Unfortunately, most of the parts in the single player are look and shoot at still enemies. Yes, there are other parts such as an ATV level and a level where you pilot a helicopter, but even then you can't shoot while on the ATV or even steer the chopper. The graphics are very good, for the most part. There were some moments where the frame rate dropped significantly and there were other times texture pop ins were a major issue. But overall, the graphics were great and some textures really shined. The voice acting and sound are fantastic, and the explosion sounds were some of the best parts of the game. If I purely graded the game based on the single player, the game would receive an 8, but due to the multiplayer this isn't so. The graphics are the same from the single player, but it isn't the same game by any means. The multiplayer is class based, which I found ironic because I felt that most everyone sniped or ran out in the open like an idiot. The maps felt very, very small, especially after Bad Company 2. I felt limited to where I could go, mainly because I was. There were countless moments I was told "RETURN TO BATTLE" because I was pushing too much. In my opinion, that shouldn't happen. The main thing that brought this game lower was its length which was way too short. I recommend this game as rent, just to play it, but definitely not a purchase. Expand
  30. Jan 6, 2012
    i dont care what anyone says about this game it is a lot of fun. The aspect of multiplayer i dont like is you could be the taliban which is a little offensive being our situation in afghanistan
  31. Jan 19, 2012
    Medal of honor is a okay game it's not really a must have for the multiplayer because about 100-1000 people play everyday which is not much. The story is great but it is too short it can be completed in less than one day even on hard difficulty. tier one mode can be easy too.
  32. Jun 4, 2012
    This game was very bad. Campaign was gay, and the multiplayer had a small community of only 2000 players or so. I'm not getting the new Medal of Honor which is coming out sometime this year. Campaign 5/10 Multiplayer 5/10 Medal of Honor 5.2/10
  33. May 10, 2013
    The SP campaign is not bad, maybe too easy even on Tire mode. The MP, G-d, feels so foolishly, I played it only 20 hours or so, but everyone played as recon and sat behind cove sniperring people. It is not like random MP games like call of duty in which you can forget about tactic but focus on fast response and better aiming, and it is also not like BF in which in can have vehicles andThe SP campaign is not bad, maybe too easy even on Tire mode. The MP, G-d, feels so foolishly, I played it only 20 hours or so, but everyone played as recon and sat behind cove sniperring people. It is not like random MP games like call of duty in which you can forget about tactic but focus on fast response and better aiming, and it is also not like BF in which in can have vehicles and play like part of team. This is just a mess. Expand
  34. May 26, 2013
    If there's one FPS series I love, it's Medal of Honor. so when I found out about the reboot, I didn't know what to think. little did I know this reboot would actually be pretty good. the story for the game is nice. this game manages to modernize Medal of Honor while also keeping it in the past, and the writing is pretty decent. the gameplay is standard FPS gameplay. with gameplay likeIf there's one FPS series I love, it's Medal of Honor. so when I found out about the reboot, I didn't know what to think. little did I know this reboot would actually be pretty good. the story for the game is nice. this game manages to modernize Medal of Honor while also keeping it in the past, and the writing is pretty decent. the gameplay is standard FPS gameplay. with gameplay like this, there isn't much to talk about, except the graphics make it look nice. even though single player doesn't use frostbite, the graphics look pretty good. why EA chose to use frostbite for the multiplayer only, I guess we'll never know. the music is ok at best. most tunes are forgettable, and aren't that catchy. However, the theme song, The Catalyst, sung by Linkin Park, is one of my favorite songs by the band. Something I didn't like about this game was the lighting. I usually don't complain about lighting in anything unless it's distracting or glaring. in this game, it's both. The lighting can either make things too dark or too bright in the environment, which is really bad during firefights. it may be because I haven't really figured out what brightness setting is best for the game, but I find myself going back to adjust it many times. another bland thing about the game is the multiplayer. the multiplayer has little customization for classes, and not many game modes. to charge an online pass for this is not worth it at all. Overall, Medal of Honor is an ok reboot to a great series. the single player is fun, but the multiplayer is not. the graphics are great, but the lighting is not. if you're a fan of FPS games and looking for spare time to kill, give this game a try. Expand
  35. Aug 10, 2013
    I liked this game because it was a little different. It tried to mimic real life Afghanistan where enemies are far away in the distance and creep up out of nowhere, it had a whole different feel to it compared to other first person shooters. The graphics were nice too. The only thing i didn't like was how EA games said this wasn't another "GO TEAM USA" propaganda piece, then that's exactlyI liked this game because it was a little different. It tried to mimic real life Afghanistan where enemies are far away in the distance and creep up out of nowhere, it had a whole different feel to it compared to other first person shooters. The graphics were nice too. The only thing i didn't like was how EA games said this wasn't another "GO TEAM USA" propaganda piece, then that's exactly what it turned out to be. It's based on real life missions in real life settings, yet they removed all other nations troops and replaced them with America troops only to try make America look cool and badass in that typical American fashion. It would of been nice to play as other nations soldiers within the campaign. We had 25yrs of games being either a lone steroid fuelled American or American troops only, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 turned the tide and changed all that in 2007 and it was very refreshing. But it would seem EA are a very patriotic bunch who want to nip this in the butt and get back to American only troops in games. It was boring 25yrs ago EA! Expand
  36. Oct 13, 2010

1. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    Unfinished, or at the very least, unpolished. [Issue#102, p.112]
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    A successful comeback of the Medal of Honor-series, which is far away from reaching the top-ranks of the shooter genre. The short amount of the single-player campaign is really annoying.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    Medal of Honor doesn't become the current image of Electronic Arts – probably the most "humane" of all videogame corporations. Danger Close Games' debut reminds of a time when EA was a gloomy assembly line churning out soulless yearly sequels and movie tie-ins.