8.4

1. Aug 13, 2010
    Excellent. There are loads of things to customize your car with, the races are pumped with adrenaline. The police chases even more so. I honestly can't pick out many flaws at all. Higfhly Reccomended.
  2. Aug 29, 2010
    This game aggravated me at first with the difficulty but when I got the hang of it,wow it is truly a great game!I love it and the graphics are off the charts good.It puts burnout paradise to shame with the graphics and it wins in the game play by a bit.This company Rockstar is so unbelievable,there geniuses in all the games they make,for a straight up racing game,this game has got itThis game aggravated me at first with the difficulty but when I got the hang of it,wow it is truly a great game!I love it and the graphics are off the charts good.It puts burnout paradise to shame with the graphics and it wins in the game play by a bit.This company Rockstar is so unbelievable,there geniuses in all the games they make,for a straight up racing game,this game has got it all.For people just starting the game, don't get to frustrated in the beginning because there is a learning curb.I rate this game a 9.3. Expand
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    One of The BEST racing games this gen, really underrated too, i mean how can an AMAZING game like this get a 7 or 8 while other **** games get 8 and 9 believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with a console
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    Midnight Club: Los Angeles is probably one of my favorite games of all time. The multiplayer is amazing and the single player was good as well. The only issue I had was when I would run into the occasional modder who, (to put it politely) was not very nice. It is not fun running into one unless you are a modder yourself, but even then they still can mess with you. Over all Midnight Club:Midnight Club: Los Angeles is probably one of my favorite games of all time. The multiplayer is amazing and the single player was good as well. The only issue I had was when I would run into the occasional modder who, (to put it politely) was not very nice. It is not fun running into one unless you are a modder yourself, but even then they still can mess with you. Over all Midnight Club: Los Angeles is one of the best games I have every played on the XBOX 360. Expand
  5. Feb 20, 2012
    If you are into great looking smooth playing street racing games this is the one for you. there is tons to customize on your car, the races are fun, as is running from the police. you don't really beat it you just play and play until you have the fastest coolest car on the streets of L.A. I had alot of fun with this game. I give Midnight club Los Angeles an 8/10.
  6. Oct 22, 2012
    Would be a 10/10 but as well all have a problem with......... the A.I. On those difficult races and tournaments.... oh you know exactly what im talkin about. Other than that this game baller. And my favorite racing game next to PGR's.
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    At first I was upset with extreme difficulty from the very beginning. AI is not just unfriendly. He is angry. He is mad. He really wants to win this race and also to destroy you. But later, when I understand all things about local driving model, I fell in love with this game. That's much better, than NFS Underground, Undercover or other underwear. This game gives you a real challenge. HereAt first I was upset with extreme difficulty from the very beginning. AI is not just unfriendly. He is angry. He is mad. He really wants to win this race and also to destroy you. But later, when I understand all things about local driving model, I fell in love with this game. That's much better, than NFS Underground, Undercover or other underwear. This game gives you a real challenge. Here you can't win just pushing gas and looking at side windows. You must try hard and use every little chance to beat you opponent. Only here you can loose all that you have in a one meter before finish line. Wonderful hardcore and arcade mix. Few words about world. It's a real city with lots of traffic and people. Of course you can't hurt them, but this game is not about that. Day/night cycle, different weather and living city really gives you new emotions. Especially if you play from first person view. Wonderful animation of driver's hands and shaking camera works well and you really have a feeling of driving car on some kind of action movie. Of course it's not GT and hardcore gamers will never play Midnight Club LA, but if you like street racing, furious chases and beautiful views, you will like MC LA.

A little advice from Russian gamer - try it and you will not be disappointed.
  8. Apr 8, 2014
    This game has a few good things to talk about and lots of bad things let's start off with the good
    First it has pretty good graphics. Second you have the ability to customize your cars to your desire.
    That's about all the good you could get now here comes the bad part. First the story can get brutally hard. Second you level up super S-L-O-W. You have to complete a lot of races to upgrade cars and buy new cars. Finally it just gets down right frustrating and unplayable. This is not recommended from my view if you want intense gameplay this isn't it.
  9. May 9, 2014
    the gameplay is a bit heavy but good, equip the cars is very cool
    races are not bad, the cockpit is the highlight, but the police irritates others by not leaving you alone and be difficult to be probed
    is a good idea to replace the drive online, equip, socialize
    but other fault is not for the two players, thus avoiding the fun of playing with your friend on the same console
  10. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 7.0 Sound: 8.0 Gameplay: 7.5 Fun/Story: 7.0

A fairly game that promises too much before released. Some interesting points and ideas but overall i didn´t enjoyed it. Graphics were a deception.
  11. Jun 27, 2014
    I love racing games, arcade and simulator. I loved the Need for Speed franchise, the Forza series, some of the Grand Turismos, various rally games, and even some of the nintendo party game racers.

Midnight Club LA will never be in that list, but we'll start with what does work in the game. The cars are beautifully rendered and the modifications available are fantastic. The feeling of

The cars are beautifully rendered and the modifications available are fantastic. The feeling of speed and edge of your seat insanity in the races is terrific, as well as the idea of weapons which was pulled off very well. The city size is terrific and the police chase system is both different and a welcome change in the genre. The music variety is also quite good and the customizable playlist saved my ears from committing suicide.

Now for the bad. The physics and driving feel are horrible, probably the worst I can remember on the 360. Your low power golf steers and slides much the same as your Corvette, and they both get the same level of camera speed shake. The race selection will sometimes show that your competitior is in a mediocre car and than the race is on and you see Aston's and Lambo's lined up along side your Focus and your enemies Eclipse. The vinyls system is cumbersome and far inferior to the ones used in forza or early NFS. The story line is complete crap and I started hoping my character would get busted or shot. Does Rockstar think we all want to be arrogant self centered wise cracking trash living only for money and fame? Oops, that's every Rockstar game.

Much like the lead character, this game looks good, but nothing feels right and there's no personality or depth to dig for.
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    This game's crazy. It's a total must buy The customizations are great. From nitrous, to different types paint jobs, etc. Rockstar nailed it in that department. The map, is so hugh, and feels just like LA. They have Santa Monica, Hollywood, HollyWood Hills, Wilshire, Central, the long beach, etc. But however I felt they could of included the southern part of it. The graphics were great.This game's crazy. It's a total must buy The customizations are great. From nitrous, to different types paint jobs, etc. Rockstar nailed it in that department. The map, is so hugh, and feels just like LA. They have Santa Monica, Hollywood, HollyWood Hills, Wilshire, Central, the long beach, etc. But however I felt they could of included the southern part of it. The graphics were great. Now let's talk driving and racing. The driving feels very arcadish, but challeneging, and the racing AI is good but sort of weird at the same time. If you try while crashing other racers while racing without this aggro special abilty it won't help. I found that very annoying. The racers do respond to you if you're in first or last. The police are chases are sort of ridicolous. You could lose them and they'll some how find you again. However there are a few cons, and flaws but the racing's, and freeroaming's fun. I was going to give this game 9, but I realized there were too many flaws for that. But it's still a bad ass game. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2014
    Graphics, music, driving, customization are all great. The races and police chases are adrenaline pumping good. I enjoyed this game so much I still play it from time to time. The only issue I have is that the learning curve is steep - when you first start out, the game can be tough especially with heavy traffic slowing you down and cops catching you if you don't know the map. Also, beGraphics, music, driving, customization are all great. The races and police chases are adrenaline pumping good. I enjoyed this game so much I still play it from time to time. The only issue I have is that the learning curve is steep - when you first start out, the game can be tough especially with heavy traffic slowing you down and cops catching you if you don't know the map. Also, be aware the other drivers AI is very well done, they are challenging opponents and at times unfair and they will drive dirty and try to take you out.

Overall, a lot of great things about the game but it isn't perfect. Still a great game though and I recommend it if you like arcade racers.

While MC:LA won't necessarily wow you beyond its technical achievements -- it sticks too close to the feel and formula of preview MC games -- it still offers plenty of thrilling (and sometimes frustrating) driving.
  2. An extremely solid racer with moments of greatness; but just enough flaws to keep it from the ranks of the classics. [Dec 2008, p.82]
  3. By sticking to its roots, Midnight Club Los Angeles may not be a master of innovation, but as one of the most polished, finely honed and adrenaline-filled racing games, you won’t find any that do it better.