7.1

1. Apr 2, 2013
    I get that it is more of a medium of creation than an actual game and in that regard it is fantastic. The only reason I don't score it higher is because of 360 version's limitations. If ever there was a game that warranted micro transactions for mods, this would be it. Curious that Mojang haven't exploited this, yet.
  2. May 9, 2012
    Other console that have a great year. After play The Witcher 2, now appear Minecraf: Xbox 360 Edition a great version of the incredible game of PC, the graphics are cool, the gameplay is amazing this is like a little brother of the PC version, but the game is funny.
  3. Jun 2, 2014
    While its not absolutely the best version of Minecraft its good edition for the Xbox 360..............................................................
  4. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Expand
  5. May 11, 2012
    So far, same old minecraft. claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssic. Great gameplay, so crappy its good graphics, and creativity make this good, and xbla makes it better.
  6. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to the Xbox 360 that functions well with few glitches and bugs. Expand
  7. Mar 18, 2013
    Grab some friends, make some plans and start your very own adventure! With Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition's smooth and easy to control gameplay and sublime mechanics, you'll easily find yourself murdering time with your thumbsticks!
  8. Oct 22, 2012
    This game is fun its amazing what you can do and what you can make there are almost endless posiblities but it is this game feels lifeless at some points (unless you play with friends) because there is no one besides monsters or animals to interact with this game will be better though because they update it alot and they are actually going to have npcs in the one of the new updates which i think will make the game seem more alive but this game is addicting and fun this game is a must have Expand
  9. May 25, 2012
    Fans scream in joy, Notch gets his money... everyone is happy. In reality, fans get a poor crafting system and a overall inferior version to the PC, and a hard time fapping to Creepers. (Actually,Creepers are still hot) but to keep it simple, Creepers give this game a 5/10. If it weren't for them, it would be a 0.
  10. Jan 16, 2013
    If you don't have a PC then this is the best option. That's the best I can really say. It's the next best option. The world size is limited and it's several updates behind, but it is based entirely on the PC version and not built from the ground like the App version.
  11. Apr 27, 2013
    My favourite edition of Minecraft with excellent crafting better graphics and amazing split-screen and with lots of features and now with spawn eggs and The End and all the leaderboards, achievements and HD graphics and excellent controls and well worth the 1600 MSP the best XBLA game
  12. Jun 11, 2014
    I dont play it as much as I used to but when I did it was fun especially with friends. The only downside is that the Xbox version gets updates later than the PC version (which is understandable) but it still comes after a couple weeks or months.
  13. Aug 31, 2012
    First time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 for example - any one of which would outclass Minecraft). If Minecraft had cost £2.50 it would be OK, but at £15 its a steal (for Microsoft).'

I was wrong. Big time. All my kids and all their friends love it. I still can't see it myself, but I can't argue with 15 or so kids. Its a 10 from me.
  14. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is a very easy one to score, as the XBox360 version of Minecraft is exactly half as good as the PC version! So it immediately places it in the 5/10 region in terms of score.

Though it is worth noting that I owe the XBox360 version a debt of gratitude. After playing it, I realised that this is not a bad game at all; just that it is the archetypal PC game, so I grabbed it on the
    PC and never looked back.

For those reading these reviews and considering what platform to opt for, there isn't a question to be had. If you have a PC, you get the PC version. If for whatever reason you can't get it on the PC, then the 360 version is "not bad". Just don't expect to be blown away by the Minecraft experience in the same way as your PC playing peers.
  15. Aug 29, 2013
    Of all the great life simulation games (Harvest Moon, The Sims, etc.) I really think that this is a really great addition. Though it is quite expensive for an indi game it is still incredibly fun and even has some really great multiplayer.
  16. Oct 25, 2014
    Game that used to be the most potential filled thing ever now ruined beyond repair due to moronic development and management. Enchants and potions have utterly ruined any and all PVP aspects the game used to have, the networking has grown worse overtime with the promises made to fix it during early days still not fulfilled and the only player-base left are consistent of spamming little 12 year old kids that only play the "Prison" game mode which is a glorified grinding simulator.

5+ years in development and there's been SCRAPS worth of actual new content. 5+ years in development and even high-end industry servers struggle to provide lag free-services. 5+ years in development and the game has now been sold out to Microsoft with Notch leaving this sunken ship accordingly.

R.I.P Minecraft.
  17. May 18, 2012
    Minecraft on PC is awesome. In Xbox 360 is medium. Minecraft is rely helped by Mods and online. Losing this we have a great game that have the main minecraft (survival). The fact that they added tutorials is realy helpfull. The maps are smaller (but really, have you EVER explored a PC map totally?), and is an older version of Minecraft, but is still great, and have split screen.
  18. May 19, 2012
    Minecraft on the 360. That's it plain and simple. But it is still really fun! It control very well and it is nice to not have to find a server and worry all the cool stuff you collect will be raided by random people. The 8 player co op is great too allowing you and friends to be able to build and mine together. My one criticism though is that despite still being able to unleash your creativity, the version of the game is not the most version of Minecraft. They claim they will update it but i fear Microsoft will make you pay more for those. But for now this is well worth your 20 dollars! Expand
  19. Jun 30, 2013
    I have never actually played this game but watched several people waste valuable hours on it an t I just wanted to offset the score of those that love this game because it's lousy graphics, simple gameplay, crappy music, and total lack of anything interesting makes me now know the majority of people who have some form of gaming system are complete morons.
  20. May 11, 2012
    Ok. I know I will be called PS fanboy because of my opinion (but usually Im Xbot) - but I really dont see the audience for this game. If you like to create stuff, use your imagination, share it and play it with other people - you should go get LBP2. Much better possibilities, dedicated servers for sharing, community functions (ratings, reviews,...). If you dont like it, MC is not for you anyway.
    Dont get me wrong. It is not bad game. You are building stuff just for the sake of the building itself. There is no motivation to play it for a long time.
  21. May 14, 2012
    Having never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't give you the full experience, so playing with friends or other people in general is necessary. It's only knock is that I feel that the enemies can be a bit overwhelming. I understand your character is a lonely "inventor" of sorts, but it sucks that as soon as nightfall hits, it's either station myself in one place or attempt to scavenge for more supplies and get easily killed. Enemies come in bunches and are terribly difficult to get rid of, and this is on easy difficulty. Other than that, i'm hooked. Expand
  22. Jan 28, 2014
    Probably the best time-waster on the xbox 360, you can play for hours on end with a friend as well. As much hate as I might get for saying this, mine craft is simply more fun on the Xbox 360. Well done Mojang.
  23. May 19, 2012
    Stop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't use mods, nor creative mode. So no experimenting with building houses, or avoiding enemies, or living without worrying about health. So other than that the game is terrific and I play it nearly every day. If you are creative enough and good at surviving in strange environments with hostile creatures than buy this game. P.S. PS3 gamers, suck it. We have Minecraft now. Hahaha Expand
  24. May 12, 2012
    Never played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and fun tasks would make the game far better. Expand
  25. May 17, 2013
    Since the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required to make this a worthwhile investment of your hard-earned Microsoft points. Expand
  26. May 22, 2012
    Minecraft on xbox360 is not up to date, but if you have never played the PC-version i suggest you to buy it. This game is really funny and in coop it is even better. You can mine through the ground and the anture and and then build up palaces. I like to lie on my couch playing minecraft with friends.
  27. May 9, 2012
    Even if the 360 port of Minecraft is lacking many things, it does not detract from the overall immersion and experience you get in Mojang's world. Cons:
    -The port did take away the "trial-and-error" crafting, in support of auto-crafting that the computer will do for you (if you have the necessary items).
    -The game world isn't as expansive on the 360 which means the depth and the overall
    earth the map encompasses is much smaller.
    -No character customization

Pros:
    -Highly addictive gameplay that translates well from the PC version
    -Very pleasing graphics that are worked in a way to stimulate the senses
    -Absolutely chilling piano score
    -Day/Night cycles are handled very well
    -Combat is on-point
    -Multiplayer is fun and addictive and it compliments the overall experience

I recommend this to anybody and everybody.
  28. Jan 6, 2014
    What is there to say about Minecraft that hasn't already been said. It's one of the most addicting, innovative, original games of all time. No game out there lets you express your creativity and imagination like Minecraft does. Think of Minecraft as the hardcore version of Legos.
  29. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  30. May 14, 2012
    I might put up a full review later, but for now, I just want to point out something.

Yes this game has split screen co op but that will NOT WORK, if you are not playing it on an HDTV.

This has no effect on my score by the way.
  31. Nov 23, 2012
    This is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus new features are still being added without having to buy DLC. If you haven't bought this game, your missing out Expand
  32. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  33. Jul 5, 2012
    Minecraft XBLA got me introduced to this great indie game by Mojang. Its simplistic at the surface, but once you start to get further and further into it, Minecraft can become an addicting game that will evolve into an experience as complicated and intricate as you let it. Its completely based on your imagination; want to build it? Go find the materials and get to work.
    Unfortunately, the
    XBLA version did not launch coinciding with the latest PC update, so it may be a while before we get some of the awesome features present on that version (food bar, enchanting, brewing, adventures, and NPC structures just to name a few) But overall a faithful port that will only get better as updates continue to come out Expand
  34. Aug 10, 2012
    I love this game!!!! Maps ARE HUGE like i play 10 hours a day and i still have not uncovered the whole map everything on this game is great you need to get this game now!!!!!!!!
  35. Mar 29, 2013
    It is missing all of the of updates and thy makes it very boring. Also the pc edition seems to be more accessible. Shame. I loved minecraft one day. Now I just can't look at it. Perhaps if the updates are applied.:. This edition would earn a 8 out of ten. Nope.
  36. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I would defiantly NOT recommend this. This game is boring beyond belief, take my word for it you do not want to waste your 20 bucks on this garbage. Expand
  37. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is boring when played offline. However playing this game online really makes it fun and good. There are a lot of sandbox elements to interact with. You can possibly create what you desire in the game.
  38. May 9, 2012
    A very lackluster port of an amazing game. Absolutely no bells or whistles here. A very minimal and extremely outdated version of minecraft. A lot of the bugs that were fixed months ago on pc still plague this version. Terrible implementation of the crafting system. Very poorly mapped controls. I have been playing minecraft with a controller for two years and my dated xpadder setup is worlds better. If this had come out six to nine months ago as it was supposed to it would have been fine. As I'm sure they plan to update and fix some of these issues. But it's already six months behind in basic gameplay and mechanics let alone the bug fixes. At it's heart it still is an okay game but being that the pc version is roughly the same price, has more content, is modable and skinable and has fewer bugs I see absolutely no reason why anyone should buy the 360 port. Expand
  39. May 12, 2012
    When I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the game was running on a version from the beta, leaving many, many of the new advancements absent. Mojang assures us that the other content will be released in updates, but the presence of a "Download Content" button on the main screen makes me uneasy, as it seems like Notch will attempt to sell the remanding content as DLC. The final dissapointment; mandatory use of an HD-TV to enjoy the games biggest selling point, 4 player Split-screen Co-Op. All in all, Minecraft: Xbox Edition is the very name of "Wait and See". The game could, at a later point, be worth 20 dollars, but for the moment, absolutely not. Expand
  40. Nov 25, 2013
    4J Studio did quite a nice job in this port, have quite fun things to do and it includes a tutorial (pc version doesn't) well it's one of the best XBLA i have played.
  41. Jun 23, 2013
    4J studios has brought an awful port of Minecraft to Xbox 360. I don't know what is worse, the lack of stuff that is in the PC version or the lack of them updating it to make as superior as the PC version. At the time of it's release, I really liked it because I hadn't played the PC version all that much... but after a year and seeing that they've only updated it a few times I thought I'd take another look at it. I think what's even worse is that there is Minecraft for Xbox One coming out, which means that this version is gonna be left in the dust and will never be updated eventually. Expand
  42. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is buas it will end up being the Mario of xbox games it is a legand not to be played with this is a monster that eats you you will get addicted fast MINECRAFT IS #1
  43. Aug 5, 2013
    My review of Minecraft: xbox 360 edition. SINGLE/ MULTIPLAYER: 10/10. build things with blocks. doesn't get better than that. GRAPHICS: 7/10. i like the style, but lacks the PC version's texture packs SOUND: 8/10. simple sounds, catchy soundtrack GAMEPLAY: 6/10. poor draw distance, small worlds, no mods/ texture packs, small player count, frequently lags people out, behind PC version in updates, takes months for one update to get in
    FUN FACTOR: 8/10. despite being inferior to the PC version, it is still fun
    TOTAL: 7/10
  44. Jan 12, 2014
    I first played minecraft on the pc but once I played it on the 360, the controls and the crafting menu was definitely better. even though you cant get the same perks as the pc, who cares because when minecraft first came out it was exactly like this and hey the title updates come out fast and they will eventually catch up to the pc at this rate. to anyone who try's to compare to the pc version, shame on you, all because it don't have the same perks as pc, this is an early stage just like when it first came out. sorry it cant be up to date with the latest version on pc. Expand
  45. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox Port of Minecraft is often getting compared to the advanced PC, which Is basically unfair. The reviews should be based on the Xbox version alone. Minecraft is just one of those rare games that come along, that you find yourself still playing 3 years later.
  46. Aug 27, 2013
    It's Minecraft for console lovers, so that's a good start.

It's only serious downfall is the fact that it's updates are so far behind in comparison to the PC version. Don't be saddened by this though, the game is still fun nonetheless and offers days, months and even years of game-play. If you have a vibrant imagination, this game will not become boring for you.

The reason the
    updates take so long is not down to the developers, it is down to Microsoft themselves. Due to the certification process involved with updates, rolling them out quickly and efficiently is not possible. The most enjoyable experience this game has too offer is available on the PC version, but that doesn't make the 360 Edition void, it's still worth picking up. Expand
  47. Aug 22, 2013
    minecraft offers tons and tons of fun and addicting gameplay which can satisfy you for hours upon hours, it is brilliant for letting your imagination run wild. the only bad thing is that the pc updates come way later on the xbox.
  48. Jun 13, 2014
    ermmmmmmmmmmmm yeah not to much to say apart from this game sucks. God why would anyone wanna play sucker graphics and gameplay like this. I think everytime you play this your wasting minutes of your life. Avoid this game at all cost, I was just gutted I couldn't rate it as a minus 0 is still to high.
  49. May 10, 2012
    Minecraft, with a few temporary downgrades, but with split screen. If the developers follow through and update this game quickly, I'm sure it will be the best arcade game on xbla.
  50. Jun 13, 2012
    I bought this game for PC not knowing anything about it, but soon fell in love with this masterpiece of a game. I then thought, well if the game was awesome on PC, it's gotta be awesome on Xbox. So I went out and got some Microsoft points, and bought the game. Now don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game, whether it's for PC or 360. But I find the version on 360 is a lot more dulled down and isn't as thrilling as it is on PC. Now I say this because when you use a crafting table, it shows everything that you can build, and how many of something you need and what you need. On PC you had to figure this stuff out and remember it, which I felt made the game just that much more of a challenge and fun. (fun if your friends didn't know how to do it but you did) Minecraft is an awesome game; no doubt, but I think it should only really be played on PC. Expand
  51. Jun 24, 2012
    This game Sucks compared to the PC version, no mods, no recent updates, no split screen unless you have HDTV, the game feels boring when you play alone, the menu is horrible and way to slow , maps are small.
  52. Nov 25, 2012
    This xbox 360 version of Minecraft is different than the PC version. You can't put mods, join multiplayer games without a friend, you can't make your own skin for your character and the enemies and the blocks, and more. They took out the nether world on this version, which is how we end the game. At least you won't need to worry about the lag, because the lag ruins fun. But they took out lots of good things. Instead of downloading the skins for free, you will have to pay for it. And instead of lots of people joining one game, only 8 people can join in one game. It's like if this game turned into the past all of a sudden. If you to enjoy minecraft better, then get the PC version for the maximum enjoyment for this game. Expand
  53. Dec 14, 2013
    This game doesn't look as good and doesn't have the lengthiness of the PC version, however is so much more fun and has no cheats, everyone is on level ground and there is no hassle of servers. You will enjoy it on the 360 more than the PC if you can get go back in time from the PC version as it's updates come out much later then they do on the PC.
  54. Jan 4, 2014
    It's quite well developed, with all the updates that have come along since its conception, however it's just not as good as the PC. However, where the game falls behind in comparison to the PC equivalent, it makes up for with local multiplayer. No need to purchase another copy of Minecraft to play LAN, as per PC requirements, all you need is another controller!
  55. May 9, 2012
    By no means a bad game but the pricing is all wrong 1600msp . I tried the demo enough to get what its about @ 800 point I may have bit , way overpriced . Many many games on XBLA that simply offer more fun and content.
  56. May 9, 2012
    It's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any one time. They have also implemented a more intuitive crafting system, allowing the player to easily manage that which he wishes to create, along with the materials needed, doing away a lot of the trial and error that normally comes with crafting. If the changes they made to the game don't bother you, then you are in for a great experience. Expand
  57. Jun 20, 2012
    Thrown into a world where anything is possible. That's not Minecraft Xbox 360. That's more Minecraft Pc. Does that mean Minecraft 360 is bad? Not in the slightest. I played about 20 hours of Minecraft pc in the early days before I moved on. Funnyenough when I stopped playing is exactly how far the 360 version is to the Pc version. I am both a console and Pc Gamer and found this game works well on both platforms. What really got me hooked on the 360 version is the co-op. Being able to sit down local play with up to four friends can be some of the most frantic fun you have. My friend and I spent a total of 10 hours building absolutely elaborate and huge castles and it was some of the most fun I've had in video games! My main complaint about the game is the achievements. They felt more like objectives to a game which you should make you're own in. Once I had 400/400 gamerscore, I suddenly didn't feel the urge. This is something that usually wouldn't effect me in video games but strangely did for this game. Though there is much to learn from these games, creativity, innovation and of course how to grief. If you can't smash the windows of your friends house in real life, fill his house with water and build a giant flaming wall around it, then Minecraft is the place to be! Expand
  58. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can build amazing works of art in hours!Some people give this game a bad rating only due to the fact that it is a port of the PC version of mine-craft.The game is regularly being updated and will one day be on par with the PC version!The game can be played with up to 14 friends on XBOX Live and also 4 player split screen!I was so into this game that I got it the morning it came out and started playing til the next morning and didn't even realize it!I was so engulfed in the game that time flew by as I was playing.This is an awesome game but there is one thing I dislike about it!DLC!It seems that there is one paid skin pack that is about 2 dollars.It includes about 40+ skins but these same skins are free on PC!Why not make them fee on Xbox.I guess it isn't too big and doesn't take away that this is a must buy on xbox! Expand
  59. Apr 29, 2014
    I am here because all user reviews on the PlayStation 3 Edition below a rating of 7 got deleted. It just shows that Mojang is just a bunch of p*ssies who cannot take negative scores. Mojang is worse than EA.
  60. Sep 18, 2014
    I don't game that much on PC (my computer sucks) so seeing Minecraft being ported to the 360 was a pleasant surprise. It's a lot of fun single player, but it is even better getting a split screen game going with friends and working together on the huge survival maps. The controls take a bit of getting used to, and the music could have some more variety but this was an excellent port since I'm sure people who played this game before had low expectations for a console version of Minecraft. Expand
  61. May 20, 2012
    A awesome game.Really you should try it.The thing that is bad is that the crafting is so messy and hard to see at first and the second thing is that it is controlling is hard.Also that the minecraft is based on the older minecraft because it does not have a hunger bar like on the pc now.The awesome thing about it is that some times you can find a random castle because I did and the village that you can sometimes find looks deffent than the pc Minecraft.With my opinan I think this game deserves a 9/10 Expand
  62. May 14, 2012
    A great choice for those who either don't have access to a decent pc, or for those who simply just want an easy portal to game with friends - xbox live. While it doesn't quite meet up with what the pc version of the game offers, it is still a very fun and addicting experience, and it runs great on the 360. For a $20 price tag, you can expect countless hours or entertainment, either alone or with friends. In my opinion, this is the greatest title on offer through XBLA at this moment. With the game to only be improved over time, this buy should be a no-brainer for anyone interested. Expand
  63. Mar 20, 2013
    I was a fan of the minecraft on the PC ever since the alpha version came out, it was one of those games that praised creativity and captured the imaginations of a community, it quickly spread as one of the best PC open sandbox games so naturally when it was announced for the XBOX 360 my friends and I were on board from the start.

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the
    map!) and every once in a while they release an update for the game which drives us back to minecraft in hopes our favorite things from the PC version made it into the XBOX version but many times have been disappointed.

If you can't run the PC version without lag pick this one up, it's essentially the same thing.
  64. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a really great game because it is so out of the ordinary it isn't a first person shooter and it isn't a strategy game It is just the type of game that has endless possibility's use your mind to re create ideas or things in ordinary life into the game and it's just a game you use to relaxe and calm your mind I love it
  65. Dec 12, 2013
    Minecraft is an amazing game. But it's just not as good on Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. They're both great, just the Xbox version isn't a s good. For Minecraft on PC I gave it a 9. Here I gave it an 8. Just the fact that your playing a game that usually needs quick movement is not so good on a controller. It's just a downgraded version. Buy this on PC but if 360 is the only option, go for it.
  66. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game deserves a F. The 5 that I'm giving it is because its bad without other people. The game's graphics are stupid and the concept of the game too. If your into building things I recommend it. If your not and your the jack @$$ agreeing with me, then welcome. This game is just not entertaining to me. Its just not fun. My brother loves it so I don't care that I bought it. Just a bit of a waste if you aren't a building type of person. Expand
  67. Apr 15, 2014
    Without purpose there is no reason to do anything. This boring turd is somehow considered a game by many people who obviously are retarded. This so called game needs to die and die fast.
  68. Nov 24, 2012
    Good port of an amazing game. The xbox 360 edition of the game is crap compared to the PC version, but is still a decent game. The one thing that makes Minecraft addictive is the replay value. There are an infinite amount of things to do. Of course, this depends on the player's imagination. The game is far behind the PC version. (About 6-10 months). The port is also buggy and sometimes frustrating because of all these glitches. The multiplayer is almost unplayable when playing with 4 or more people. The world size is embarrassingly small, and all the skin packs are crap. This is a mediocre game. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2013
    Fun game, its interesting to experience what is what it was like for the PC gamers at experiencing Minecraft since the begining. Love building huge huge buildings & monuments in survival & creative mode. I just can't wait for this Minecraft to catch up with the PC version. But of course Minecraft is better on the PC.
  70. Jun 14, 2014
    The Xbox 360 version has by far, the most content, DLCs, good version (because I think the newest versions like the horse and stuff are just ridiculous) and skin packs, and it makes this game a whopping 10/10
  71. Jun 18, 2012
    It's really broken.
    I would just get it on PC if you want to get it at all.

You get mods, actually unlimited generation and the actually whole fame.
  72. May 13, 2012
    When it was announced at E3 2011 that Minecraft would be coming to Xbox 360, everybody was hyped up. The question is, does this port live up to the hype? The answer is no. Here is why. One reason why this game is a disapointment is because of false advertisement. never did it say before the game was released or in the Xbox Marketplace did it say you needed an HD Television just to play a damn split screen. You might argue that everybody has an HD TV, but some people just can't make the investment for one. This might be minor, but my main complaint for this game is that there is no option in the game for unlimited supplies. You guys might argue I am a noob and I should find the supplies myself, but i believe unlimited supplies on the PC saved many hours on crafting. Also, the game is $20 and more expensive than the PC version. This wouldn't be such an issue if the Xbox 360 version was not obsolete to the PC version. On the bright side, the controls ARE much better on the 360 than the PC. So overall, I don't think Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is very good. 4J Studios might've done a decent job porting the game, but the lack of simple customization and a $20 price tag just doesn't cut it for me. That is why this review deserves a 60%. Expand
  73. May 16, 2012
    i think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btw he was playing on our ONLY gold profile, while he was playing a game-breaker glitch happened, he opened his inventory then he skipped through the tutorial, then the game locked up. It keeps on doing this now, but other than the game breaker glitch and HORRIBLE decision to make the splitscreen ONLY for hd tvs this is a great game if it didn't have those things wrong with it i would give it a 9/10. Expand
  74. Jul 5, 2012
    It's Minecraft on the 360; pretty simple. Still very addictive and fun with friends. Yes, it's an older version, but it will continue to get updated. Yes, the maps are smaller than the PC, but it's Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (NOT THE PC!). If you want the exact PC version go play the PC version, but don't knock this version for being something it doesn't claim to be. Ignore the negative reviews, as everyone seems to forget to review this for being the 360 edition. If you have a 360, and are not going to play it on the PC, this is the one for you, and it's well worth the investment; lots to do! Expand
  75. May 9, 2014
    this game is just amazing althought it has no story it does what it was meant to be build anything you want and people whining about what it doesn't have like enderman, hunger meters, it has it know so stop crying and wait for updates it could add something you love. any way its worth the money
  76. May 14, 2012
    The Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft is GREAT. Not better than the PC version, but it is a more vanilla version of the same great game. "More" vanilla... not blank. It's a rewind version of about (i heard 6 months in one review) six months ago. Not a huge gripe. Updates will roll out over time, but that just means Minecraft will stay a timed PC exclusive. Now I can play this great game with all my Live friends. I've stayed up into the A.M. with my wife in split-screen a couple of nights already. Elitists, chill out. Be proud the game is a timed PC exclusive for the updates. I'm not complaining. Expand
  77. May 23, 2012
    I played the demo of this game, and if Jeb wants my 25 euros for pre-Adventure update version of game, then heck no, I would better buy something fun at second-hand store.
  78. May 11, 2012
    This version is very bad, definitely not worth it, bought it and played for a while but not this good, do not waste your money on it, the PC version is MIL times better.
  79. Apr 29, 2014
    I found this rather fun as I build on minecraft, updates are regular and the game itself isn't as far behind as the PC version. My most favourite feature is not having to set up a server world just so my friends can play with me.

A problem I have is the micro transactions for texture packs and skins, fair enough most cost around 60p, but I would've been happy to pay for texture packs,
    and have a skin creator in game which left me a little disappointed. But after all, it's minecraft. Expand
  80. May 21, 2012
    Simply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friends play on the Xbox and you feel left out, then there's no reason not to get this version. The experience is much the same. Expand
  81. May 15, 2012
    This is a huge downgrade from the PC version of the game. Does it work? Oh yeah, it's a playable game. The issue is many additions to the PC version were not included. You should only get this version if your computer is not powerful enough to run the PC version of minecraft or if you have no available friends on the pc.
  82. May 29, 2012
    A new feel really. The game is not fully updated and a skin system has yet to be introduced. The multiplayer is now seamless from one game to another. This version is geared for social players. Same as the PC. Nothing new in this one. Recommand it.
  83. Jul 11, 2012
    At first I was quite skepticle towards the release of minecraft for the Xbox 360 (me owing the PC version of corse). But upon purchase I reallized that this port is actually alot better then what I thought. I found connecting to friends a lot easier then before with the ability to use Xbox Live and use party chat to talk to seprate friends too. The only down side to this XBLA title is its hefty 20 dollar price tag on the Xbox marketplace. This game is fun to play with friends and tinker with plenty of in game tools. Expand
  84. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is great fun, unfortunatly it is heavly over shadowed by the seeminly lack of interest by its devs fabs have been waiting for an update for months now.
  85. Dec 7, 2012
    Having played around 60 hours of Minecraft on the PC and been with Minecraft since 1.6. I was surprised to see that Xbox Minecraft started on 1.6. Getting a couple of my friends on Minecraft and we had a blast. Minecraft is definitely a game for friends. From a mountain home, to a huge wooden fort, to a giant boat, and lava chaos. Minecraft mulitplayer shines on Xbox. The server system is excellent and players can spawn in and out with ease, this is multiplayer done well. The maps are small which is annoying, I'm just waiting for the update with bigger maps (I hope) Playing alone on a small map with much of the content missing, is really inferior. Might as well play singleplayer minecraft on the PC. THe game currently is updated to 1.8, still missing the Dragon boss battle and a bit more. But it's getting there, the game has faded in popularity with my friends with the season of big releases which is a shame because Minecraft is a very well put together game. Definitely worth the price. Expand
  86. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. You can't really rate the graphics bad due to the blocky textures. No, I rate the graphics a 9 because it is very recognizable to anyone who plays Minecraft. Also, it leads to cute looking animals.

-Performance- 8/10. In singleplayer mode, I find absolutely no lag or framerate drop of any kind, which is nice, considering the PC version experiences some FR drop. But the
    game runs very smoothly during solo play. When I am playing with friends, I experience quite of bit of lag if I am not hosting the game. The game renders slow, the lag increases the longer you play, and you continuously fall through the world.

-Gameplay- 10/10. Gameplay is great. If you have a creative mind, this game is never ending. You build mega-structures, fend off evil mobs, farm, etc. There are so many things to do, and this is where the game really shines. There is really no end to the game, except fighting the End Dragon (Which I haven't done, sadly), so if you are in it for a story...no can do.

-Sound- 9/10. From the mooing of cows, or the snorting of pigs, you will know you are playing Minecraft. The sound is really good. from walking on dirt to stone, or chopping down trees or mining blocks. The music is also catchy, but can get a bit repetitive at times, which kind of gets annoying after a long play through.

-Conclusion- This game is for the creative mind. It has no real objective, you just create your own game. The graphics aren't like CoD or Halo, but the blocky texture is the right fit for this game. Performance is good until you play some multiplayer, and the songs will get repetitive pretty quick. I give this game a 9/10.
  87. Apr 12, 2013
    Comparing this to the PC version is unfair it is a secondary edition. So the game is good and while their are no mods or texture packs the game still is really fun. In short if you prefer Xbox to PC this is a must buy!
  88. Apr 29, 2013
    Overall just the nerfed PC version. Extremely small map comparatively, and the server sizes don't match up. The only reason why I got this was to play the split screen coop, but alas, this game; with it's extremely low visuals (Which I know is part of it's charm) absolutely REQUIRES an HD tv to play coop.

Playing online is also very buggy and is limited by the xbox with what you can do.

Also, Twenty dollars for this? Not worth the price, at 10 dollars, it would be much more reasonable and would have appeared more favorably in my eyes

If you really want to play Minecraft, buy the PC version, this one disappoints.
  89. Jan 18, 2014
    I have been playing minecraft since alpha days on pc but when this came out i thought it was great but later after all the updates it was getting boring but i still find it entertaining i make alot of creations besides all the little kids who play this game i think its ok now all i see is minecraft i think there pushing it.
  90. May 14, 2012
    This version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to be considerable lag when playing online, and there is input lag from the controller to the game. The only positive thing I can say is that at least this is a version of the game before hunger was introduced. If you've never played Minecraft before this could be fun, but for the price it should have at least been the first released version of the game. Therefore I say doodoo pie overall. Expand
  91. May 19, 2012
    Finally bringing a good building game to the Xbox 360, Minecraft has arrived. The game looks amazing, very crisp colours, although a block can flicker when you stand too close to the block as you are building it. But that is easily fixed by standing a little further back while building.
    The game offers a couple of different game modes. From peace full where there are no monsters to hard
    where survival is very difficult. Certainly game mode normal is difficult enough during the first hours of play. If you just want to build put the game mode on peace full, although for some resources you need to kill the monsters. The number of resources vary from stuff that is plenty (dirt and stone) to stuff that is endlessly difficult to find (diamonds and clay). I still have not found any clay...
    The game play is great, I really like the controls of the Xbox vs the PC version. Very intuitive. Having a build menu does really help, but at the same time seems to reveal too much of the mystery. It would have been great if the options you have for a resource only appeared in the build menu after you got that resource. The world is big enough to have a great time, though does not seem so endless as in the PC version.
    And yes, it is an older version of Minecraft. Quit obviously it takes some time to develop the game for the Xbox. Some of the cool stuff that you can see in het PC version like: animal farming, Jungle terrain, growing mushrooms, settlements and spells are not available in this version. Though I am sure it will come. Certainly giving the game the same price tag as the PC version implies that. Split screen is wonderful when you are adventuring together, you can adjust horizontal or vertical. When you are crafting - not so much. The crafting screen is tiny and very difficult to see what you are building. Even on a big screen tv.
    I am currently giving this game an 8. It's a great game and very addictive. But the thing that makes the PC version a brilliant game is all the user generated content. A lot of it made in the Creative game mode. I hope that this will also be allowed on the Xbox version. If so, the game quickly goes up to a 10.
    I would recommend Minecraft on the Xbox to newcomers or to people who can't play it on the PC. If you are a veteran PC Minecraft player, the Xbox version probably is not for you. If not: Have amazing amounts of fun in the first great building game on the Xbox.
  92. May 10, 2012
    The single-player component is deep and expansive, allowing your creativity to shine, and the tutorial helps you when you're lost on what to build or what to do, basically eliminating the need for a wiki. However, the best part of Minecraft is the multiplayer: I loved going on adventures, mining, and even simple BUILDING a lot more when I had 8 friends with me.
  93. May 26, 2012
    Wow what a refreshing game amazing love it so different im gonna buy the PC version now for all the extras i didn`t expect to like this due to the graphics game but i`m blown away its awesome best game ive played in years and years I hope they build on what they have started here.
  94. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  95. Aug 13, 2012
    It's good for the Xbox, even though it's very mediocre compared to the original on the PC. Then again, it's "Minecraft - Xbox 360 Version", and not "Minecraft for the Xbox 360". My only advice is, buy it on the PC (Unless your PC isn't that good). The only reason why i dont got it PC myself is because i can't be arsed about PC gaming. But with the limited options on the Xbox, chances are you'll get bored after a while. And they seriously need to fix that duplication glitch. Expand
  96. Dec 23, 2012
    It's a good game! Compared to it's big brother, sure, it's not at the same level. One because it's on a much larger server, the PC, and it released prior to Xbox version. But we're updating (Currently at 1.8 or 1.9, no End but breeding, enchantment, etc) If you don't like going on the computer and constantly paying for minecraft online, then jump on the Xbox. Get friends though, to fully experience the fun. Expand
  97. Jan 23, 2013
    If you have been on the fence about getting this Xbox 360 version of Minecraft then now is the best time to hop right in. The amount of things available to you now is incredible. Night one you could be terrified and helpless to the onslaught of Creepers, while several nights later you could be letting Creepers blow up in your face just to save time. With Enchanting, farming, alchemy and mining you could make a hit from a diamond sword feel like a feather. I may be babbling but there are very little games that made me feel so weak and then so over powered. Get this if you either don't have a PC or want to play Minecraft with your Xbox Live friends. Expand
  98. Jun 3, 2013
    Its minecraft for all those Xbox loving freaks who pay 60$ a year, this game has some "lovely new things added" which include but are not limited to: Hordes of bugs, being over 11 updates behind the PC version, running about 24 FPS Max, Anybody can join your world and destroy your work, crafting bugs, randomly suffocating in the walls, a certain world size that cannot generate any larger and much, much, More!!! Expand
  99. Jul 21, 2014
    It's the great open world minecraft we all know and love, but now it has split screen co-op. Which is AWESOME. They're also online play with xbox live. If you don't know minecraft it's a endless open world game with no objective, it's up to the player to decide what to do. It's either really fun, or really boring. This game is either going to make you play it for hours on end, or you'll get bored of it after 5 minutes. Expand
  100. May 11, 2012
    Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Is pretty good overall, but it has its downfalls, like the game's downgraded version of Version 1.6.6. If you have played MC for PC before, you Don't need this game, Anyway, Who needs a downgraded version of a game you already have? Minecraft for Xbox 360 does have its Good sides though. Heres a list of the Pros and the Cons of the Game.

Pros:
    .High FPS
    average, Somewhere around 60 FPS the whole time, almost never changing.
    .Nostalgia feeling, even though some people may not find this appealing, but I like the old Version.
    .No Commands in multiplayer, When you use /give as an op on the PC, it doesnt go with the nature of
    Minecraft.
    .Minecraft Xbox edition has good controlls, It feels very smooth and carefree if that is good
    .THERE IS FINALLY A TUTORIAL, WOOOOO.
    .A solid crafting system, you dont have to worry about remembering crafting recipes anymore lucky the workbench does it for you

Cons:
    .Older Version, This is the second opinion, older versions means no content and no Adventure update!
    .No guns whatsoever, This may not be a problem for many people but for COD players, its a BAD problem
    .No more sprinting.

The game Minecraft Xbox edition is good overall, At least we dont have to rely on Total miner and Castle miner anymore, Most likely one of the best sandboxes in the market so far.

I hope this review helped you!

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]