8.0

1. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is a mix between PURE, Excitebike (for you old schoolers), and Trials. There is enough leveling up rewards to keep you wanting to play, and all the bikes have a different feel and look. You learn new tricks that are more difficult to pulloff and some are off-the-wall crazy air style like PURE where you tie them together and make your own combinations for bonus rewards. The gameThis game is a mix between PURE, Excitebike (for you old schoolers), and Trials. There is enough leveling up rewards to keep you wanting to play, and all the bikes have a different feel and look. You learn new tricks that are more difficult to pulloff and some are off-the-wall crazy air style like PURE where you tie them together and make your own combinations for bonus rewards. The game tracks your stats so that your friends who have it can see who is better where and try to beat your scores and times. There are multiple games styles from standard races to trick tracks,and I very much enjoy the adventure mode. This mode is not timed and is just a large open area where you have to try and collect all the skulls and coins that are either hidden, or extremely difficult to get to. I am looking forward to leveling my bikes all the way and taking them online to show off my skills against live players and my friends. If you like motocross games, or just racers at that, this game is a sure win! Only complaints are the visuals being a little basic, but it's an arcade title and its great for what it is, and the amount of area's to compete, but there is always the possiblility of downloadable content. Expand
  2. May 26, 2013
    Excellent mini time waster for now and then fun, especially if you have another person to play with. Campaign is short enough not to get you bored before you unlock everything important and gives you enough practice to became pro at multiplayer sessions. Great deal for great price.
  3. Apr 22, 2013
    Surprisingly excellent cartoony motocross action with a fully integrated online component. Not since Excitebike 64 have I played such a fun motorbike racing game! The avatar support really adds to this fun factor along with the visuals which are simple but pretty and the bike models are varied and solid. The handling is spot-on arcade style stuff with drifts, whips and all manner of crazySurprisingly excellent cartoony motocross action with a fully integrated online component. Not since Excitebike 64 have I played such a fun motorbike racing game! The avatar support really adds to this fun factor along with the visuals which are simple but pretty and the bike models are varied and solid. The handling is spot-on arcade style stuff with drifts, whips and all manner of crazy mid-air tricks to choose from. It may appear simple and it's easy to get into but there is a hardcore challenge underneath for those that crave it. Track design is top-notch with tons of shortcuts and ramps and although there are only three areas, each are huge and distinctive. Alongside Race, Rivals and Trick modes there is Exploration which stands out with tons of collectables and secret areas. The multiplayer is great and there is split-screen support which is always good for any racing game. Although quite short, the player progression, track design and constant rival challenges provide extra lifespan. Extra tracks via DLC would be ideal. Overall this game shines with quality and care-free gameplay. Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    Found this rather boring. Not really sure what else to say. Its riding dirt bikes around tracks with jumps, ramps and shortcuts and either racing or doing tricks. Good concept but nothing about it grabs me that much.
  5. Oct 18, 2014
    Recently available for free with the Xbox Live Motocross Madness is a perfectly passable motocross game with plenty of modes, both single player and multiplayer, and a decent selection of tracks. The handling model isn't all that tight however, and it doesn't really do anything that hasn't been seen plenty of times before, meaning my experience with it was pretty short lived.
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    The main problem I have with this game is the fact that they turned a semi-realistic motocross game and one of my all time favorite franchise, into a cartoon style kart racer. I just don't see the point. Where is my realistic Motocross sim Microsoft? They had everything going in the right direction with MCM2 in 2001. What happened? Turn 10 would have been a great studio to bring theThe main problem I have with this game is the fact that they turned a semi-realistic motocross game and one of my all time favorite franchise, into a cartoon style kart racer. I just don't see the point. Where is my realistic Motocross sim Microsoft? They had everything going in the right direction with MCM2 in 2001. What happened? Turn 10 would have been a great studio to bring the realistic and authentic life of Motocross, Supercross, Freestyle, and Baja to the Xbox. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Motocross Madness is arcade racing that doesn’t really have much in common with earlier Motocross games. Still it is a pleasant experience, but some pesky bugs holds it back from true greatness.
  2. May 30, 2013
    One of XBLA's better racers. [July 2013, p.75]
    If you’re looking for a motocross games with lots of solo content, this isn’t for you, but if all you want is some simple and dirty mud racing online, Motocross Madness has what you need.