• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jun 29, 2010
6.5

1. Oct 6, 2010
    This game is worth every penny. It has it's own style (like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and so on) and maybe that's why some gamers hate it... but in the end, why would anyone waste time playing a genre he/she hates ? I don't understand why ppl are giving it scores like 20/100 for a game style they hate ? It's actually very well made, it has some rare moments, some memorable ones... and yes, it has some hard ones ! Specially boss fights are really hard. But in the end, wouldn't they suppose to die hard ? :)

For me the sequel is 10 times better than the first one... and i can hardly wait for the third one !
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is only for people that enjoy the genre. That about sums it up. If you hate these kinds of games, you won't like it. If you do, you'll either think it's average or love it. I must say that I'm with the latter, as I really enjoyed this game! It has it's instant flaws like no local co-op and 5 characters that aren't very different by moveset. However, the levels are HUGE and really fun to play through. There are tons of cool skills to unlock which can mix up the mashing of X and Y. Unlike the first N3 which I don't like, the characters are actually interesting and have some solid voice actors like Troy Baker and Steve Blum. The lip syncing is way better then N3, except in some areas where it can get rather off. The game also looks pretty good, awesome and varied environments and excellent combat animations with cool enemy design. The boss battles are a major complaint from lots of people, personally, I think there awesome! They're large and cool, and the battles themselves are really fun and challenging. Expand

1. Jan 7, 2011
    Too many enemies, too few ideas. Bad checkpoints and boredome waste an otherwise good potential.
    It's somewhat understandable that the sequel struggles to find new directions to take the game in, but failing to live up to the original? That's a real crime. [Issue#65, p.93]
  3. All in all, this game has many glaring flaws, but it does a great job at when comes to the main task of "maim and destroy".