nail'd Xbox 360

7.1

1. Apr 24, 2013
    Bleeeaugh. This game is BORING. I feel like Sonic 06' would be a bit better than playing this, because it's just BAD. It's rather entertaining how bad it is! But nail'd... It's just boringly bad.
    First of all, tracks are samey and bland to the point where it gives me a slight headache. You have 4 snore-riffic "areas" to go, being Arizona, The Andres (i think), a forest-y place, and one more that I forgot due to it's sameness. They are all dull, earth-colored blurs as you whiz by unrealistically on your boring-looking bike/atv/who cares. Tracks (there are 12 of them, all samey once again) drag on for way too long, and usually feel like wastes of time.
    A big flaw glares you in the face in the first seconds of gameplay: Your vehicle has NO acceleration time! At a full stop? BAM! Full speed! First millisecond of race? BAM! Full speed! And it doesn't matter how low your acceleration is on your bike, it's still instant! Gaah, maybe i'm just hammering on that? Maybe turning isn't stiff... oh lul nvm IT IS. Controlling your bike feels like a chore.
    Next up: Music! SAMEY ROCK BORING REPETITIVE BLUHH. That was over with quickly. Also: DLC! At least it's free. It's just a bunch of parts for your bike/atv/bluuuhgh that aren't really special. Also, you get extra tracks! There's a carnival, which is just wasted potential; a volcano, which is weirdly just as boring as all of the others; and 2 other bland samey tracks. (i'm using "samey" a lot in this review, aren't i?) And as well, it comes with a gamemode I didn't bother playing because at that point I shut off my XBox and wrote this review. Oh, and also: the DLC comes in the form of a 1 time use code! FANTASTIC! (super sarcasm)
    Overall, if you want a decent racing game, buy ModNation Racers, or Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, or... Heck, anything but this.
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    Superb arcade action. Reminds of the classic Sega racing games. The tracks are fantastic roller coaster type tracks. I played Pure, in my opinion this is much more exciting.
  3. May 17, 2011
    nail'd is the next great game in the offroad atv racing genre,its fast and furious gameplay will have you coming back for more.This game is not for the feint of heart its very very fast,the graphics are good and it has many famous bands for the soundtrack,thumbs up techland this game is awsome fun
  4. Feb 27, 2011
    Nail'd is a grungy off road racer built on a lightning fast 3D engine with an assortment of powerful ATV's & dirt-bikes that look like they could be straight from a post apocalyptic movie, that you can customise with new shock, brakes, gears and paintjob's etc. Graphically, there's plenty to applaud, with 14 courses that weave their way through mountains, deserts, even molten lava andNail'd is a grungy off road racer built on a lightning fast 3D engine with an assortment of powerful ATV's & dirt-bikes that look like they could be straight from a post apocalyptic movie, that you can customise with new shock, brakes, gears and paintjob's etc. Graphically, there's plenty to applaud, with 14 courses that weave their way through mountains, deserts, even molten lava and offer an impressive range of racing conditions including off-road events, stunt races and time trials in both single and multiplayer modes. The courses also make up for their relatively short length by using the third dimension far more creatively than most. Jumping off ramps and plummeting 100 metres to the level below feels more like being on a rollercoaster than a conventional racetrack. The emphasis in Nail'd is most definitely on an arcade style of racing, with speed coming a close second. Be they quad bikes or motocross that youââ Expand
  5. Jun 1, 2012

1. Mar 7, 2011
    Overall, Nail'd is a good title, let down by some poor development choices. The stunts aren't as spectacular as players would have hoped and the lack of variation in the race types means the title can get quite repetitive quickly. This is one title worthy trying before buying as it doesn't quite hit the nail on the head.
  2. Mar 4, 2011
    A racing game that does not quite live up to the level of expectation in the genre at the moment.
  3. Feb 27, 2011
    Removing the harsh consequences for simple mistakes tears down a wall of inaccessibility that can alienate people from the genre and makes Nail'd the perfect point-of-entry for anyone interested in racing games in general, and the off-road subgenre specifically. I just wish the game had been polished enough that this innovation wouldn't have been such a major part of the experience.