Naruto: Rise of a Ninja Xbox 360

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 30, 2007
8.6

1. Jul 16, 2013
    The graphic, the music and the setting of Konoha village were topnotch! The gameplay, IMO, was boring. I only managed to put a few hours in this game but I didn't enjoy it, at all.
  2. nana
    its not good
  3. JohnM.
    Nov 19, 2007
    This game is horrible. The only reason I even tried it out is because I am such a fan of the show. This game is nothing but a glorified fighting game that charades itsself as a real adventure game. Its simply a horrible title. The graphics are top notch but thats all they got right with it. This game blows. I would say rent it before buying it even if you are a fan of the show.
  4. LordS.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Hype? NO! This game lives up to the hype! Since this is not strictly a fighting game, I
  5. ThomasV.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Amazing for a license game.
  6. JamesW.
    Nov 2, 2007
    1. Back from the dead. I thought that the series was pretty much lost, but this game has made the great comeback! The game play is very well done along with the graphics and use of cut scenes. I find myself forgetting to play the game sometimes cause I am watching the game unfold. Very great game from a great company! A must have in the game library.
  7. NadineL.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I'm having trouble deciding whether I like the music or the graphics more. Both are so well put together and thought out that I get swept away simply from the audio and visual experience alone. Whether I'm away from my console eating or whatever, listening to these scores play, or if I'm in a fight or I'm wandering around the forest or the city, I'm totally IN the I'm having trouble deciding whether I like the music or the graphics more. Both are so well put together and thought out that I get swept away simply from the audio and visual experience alone. Whether I'm away from my console eating or whatever, listening to these scores play, or if I'm in a fight or I'm wandering around the forest or the city, I'm totally IN the game. The cell shading thing really helps, too. I guess what it is, is how the 2D aspects of the game get 3D attention to lighting to make stuff look 3D when it's not. Basically, it makes everything look REALLY COOL ! :D I recommend this game to everyone! Expand
  8. KennyG.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I really wish this game had more hype. It's creative, fun, interesting, captivating, etc. Much better than these violent WAR games everybody is playing. And these medieval LOTR wanna-be games are just getting old too! This game is so refreshing, it's emotional, educational, the graphics are so freaking VIBRANT! I think everyone should be playing this game. Oh! And it has clips I really wish this game had more hype. It's creative, fun, interesting, captivating, etc. Much better than these violent WAR games everybody is playing. And these medieval LOTR wanna-be games are just getting old too! This game is so refreshing, it's emotional, educational, the graphics are so freaking VIBRANT! I think everyone should be playing this game. Oh! And it has clips from the anime series, which is really good too! You should also check that out, it helps you get into the game a little bit more. Expand
  9. MaxM.
    Nov 5, 2007
    The gameplay is fun and there are many characters to play with. A very nice alternative to the Dragon Ball Z games.
  10. CMode
    Jan 17, 2008
    Granted the game is not perfect, but it flows well and there is tons of extras to keep players busy for weeks. It would have been nice if Ubisoft would have included missions that used some of the other characters as well but the inclusion of the fighting mode both online and off is well balanced and plenty of fun. I just hope they plan on making a sequel!
  11. TJF.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Awesome game great graphics great story and awesome free roam around the village hidden in the leaves.
  12. HarryK.
    Well, ok, I won
  13. EmoD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    All i can say about this game is wow! Ubisoft have really made a great game that Naruto fans can be proud of, even somebody who doesnt watch naruto would love this game. The graphics are excellent, the fighting is fun and the mini-games are good too. The best thing about the game is that you actually feel like your character gets stronger as you get further.
  14. RudyC.
    Nov 2, 2007
    I just bought this game last night and when I got home and played it all night and all this morning, I checked Gamespot to see that they have it a 7.5! I can't fathom why they would do that - the graphics, gameplay, story, etc etc etc, it's all 10.0 material! The only drawback is the broken online fight thing right now, but that'll be fixed with a free DLC, I'm sure! I just bought this game last night and when I got home and played it all night and all this morning, I checked Gamespot to see that they have it a 7.5! I can't fathom why they would do that - the graphics, gameplay, story, etc etc etc, it's all 10.0 material! The only drawback is the broken online fight thing right now, but that'll be fixed with a free DLC, I'm sure! Oh, by the way, my new favorite game on the 360 :D. Expand
  15. ron
    Nov 2, 2007
    1. What a great combo.. Adventure and fighting! Two things I love the best. Naruto has it all! I really love the adventures of going on various mission, but the FIGHTING IS INCREDIBLE!!!! I love how fast and slick the combat is!!! I am so glad that I got this game!!!
    Nov 2, 2007
    All I can say is wow about the game. It looks so good. The visuals are just amazing for this type of game. Naruto: Rise of the Ninja is defiantly raising the bar amongst Next Gen games!
  17. EvanL.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I can't decide if i like the fact that its my favorite anime series put into a video game or just the fact that it's one of the coolest games ever, more. hmm. well, exploring konoha, carrying out missions, fighting in the forest, learning moves, and ... well, the music... give this game a very high place in my priorities outside of school. not much else to say, i highly I can't decide if i like the fact that its my favorite anime series put into a video game or just the fact that it's one of the coolest games ever, more. hmm. well, exploring konoha, carrying out missions, fighting in the forest, learning moves, and ... well, the music... give this game a very high place in my priorities outside of school. not much else to say, i highly recommend this video game! Expand
  18. RickM.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I'm not even a fan of this anime series but i love this game! it's full of magic and ninjas and all kinds of cool battles, overall a really really cool game.
  19. SersinhoP.
    Nov 4, 2007
    This game should be praised and not put down on minor glitches because it`s amibtious and has been made with passion and love for the license. This is how license should be handled in the future, Ubisoft Montreal set a new standard.
  20. BenjaminA.
    Nov 5, 2007
    The water in the game makes me thirsty. That's how realistic the graphics are. The forest makes me want to go hiking. THhe village makes me want to go mingle with my neighbors. The game is intensely immersive, and the search for new missions, talking to people, secret items, online fight mode - all these things make the game extremely intersting. I highly recommend it to anyone who The water in the game makes me thirsty. That's how realistic the graphics are. The forest makes me want to go hiking. THhe village makes me want to go mingle with my neighbors. The game is intensely immersive, and the search for new missions, talking to people, secret items, online fight mode - all these things make the game extremely intersting. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes ANY kind of game! Expand
  21. ClaireD.
    Oct 31, 2007
    I can
  22. JakeTove
    Nov 14, 2008
    Even better than the reviews. Very fun fighting with combos and special moves. Unique gameplay. Battling for the Forest Exam title online was a nice bonus. Few bugs that caused crashing were annyoing, but they were fixed, when you downloaded the trial versions of the bonus characters. Great job from Ubisoft. Was excepting title cashing from the fans.
  23. GaryS.
    Nov 1, 2007
    The graphics lend a great deal of respect to the series. I'm very pleased. As a HARDCORE Naruto fan, I was ready to get dismissive when I picked up the controller but instead I welcomed the looks of the game. The voice acting is very good too.
  24. BradR.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Tthe way in which you go from walking around to fighting is the coolest system i think i've ever seen. one second you're just roaming around, the next you're in the same view of yourself (3rd person), fighting an enemy. after that you're fully entrenched in a fighting game! you have secret moves and everything! combos, etc. it's a radical game!
  25. Mart
    Nov 14, 2007
    Very nice and fun game. Easy to pick up and enjoy. Online mode quite entertaining as well. And also the best toon shader I've ever seen Worth it.
  26. GeneralG.
    Nov 2, 2007
    The graphics are good, the controls and plotline are good... it's an all around really good game. the only thing i didn't like about it was the music. well, i liked it, but it was just mediocre or so. 4/5 from me!
  27. HilaryD.
    Nov 2, 2007
    If you're a fan of the comics, you'll love this! the voice acting is really good and the music is really entrancing. it's an overall soothing experience, and the fights are really exciting!
  28. TimHaas
    Nov 3, 2007
    I like that the developers didn't completely "re-invent the wheel," as is said, keeping some great elements from the "Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen" titles. As someone hooked on the show, it does the story a fair bit of justice as well. Admittedly, I could do without the English voice-overs, so that is my one BIG disappointment. [By the way, "na na:" What an eloquent andI like that the developers didn't completely "re-invent the wheel," as is said, keeping some great elements from the "Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen" titles. As someone hooked on the show, it does the story a fair bit of justice as well. Admittedly, I could do without the English voice-overs, so that is my one BIG disappointment. [By the way, "na na:" What an eloquent and sophisticated review, "its not good," wow, I'm so glad you're taking up precious space on this planet! Do us all a favor, the next time you feel the need to review a game title, hire a monkey to do it for you and save us from having to read your inane comments.] Expand
  29. BeauM.
    Nov 5, 2007
    This is a very fun game to play. The single player is a quality platformer with an interesting story and good gameplay. The minigames add some nice variety and are challenging. The fighting system is adequate and the sound/graphics are excellent. The game is pretty short and the story jumps all over the place so cant give it a 10. Great debut on 360, cant wait for the sequel.
  30. AndiT.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Brilliant game.. been playing for 2 hours today and i got hooked immediately. brilliant graphics, superb gameplay. if you're a naruto fan, GET THIS! only letdown are the english voices, but it's ok.
  31. KevinR.
    Dec 9, 2007
    A solid platformer combined with a solid fighter results in nothing more than a solid game. Pathetic mini-games and an unbalanced fighting system hurt the gorgeous graphics as well.
  32. AlisaS.
    Oct 31, 2007
    A nice balance. I'm really enjoying the way the game balances the ability to free roam large areas and discover things as you go while also letting you live events from the first bunch of episodes of the series. I'm really happy that I get to explore on my own, but without the story elements it just wouldn't be Naruto, would it. The story itself is what makes Naruto Naruto, A nice balance. I'm really enjoying the way the game balances the ability to free roam large areas and discover things as you go while also letting you live events from the first bunch of episodes of the series. I'm really happy that I get to explore on my own, but without the story elements it just wouldn't be Naruto, would it. The story itself is what makes Naruto Naruto, so it's very important to me to have this stuff in there. Conversely, if you could ONLY do things from the story than you would know how to do everything and the challenge and surprises of the game would be lost. Balance is key here, the game blends both of these things into a seamless playing experience. I'll be playing this one for a good long time Collapse
  33. Nicl
    Oct 11, 2009
    this game was great but it was like all the others short for once i want to go by a naruto game and have go from when he was a kid to were he becomes hokaga other than that i loved it the way you use you justu is amazing it just needs to go from beginging to end
  34. Sep 29, 2016
    Ubisoft moves away from the standard fighting game mold we are used to associating with Naruto games, in favor of open-world action-adventure. Not only does this open Naruto up to new forms of gameplay, but also allows us to interact with the Naruto story in a more meaningful way. We are directly experiencing and partaking in Naruto's growth. Everything is more personal as a result.

You

You get to literally experience Naruto's growth. Something that gives more weight to the story than just going through all the series big fights like in other Naruto games. It's a very enticing reason to dive into all the side-content, given that the popularity and strength you gain is necessary for the later sections of the game.

While I've made a few comments already in regards to how this isn't like all those other Naruto fighting games out there, that doesn't mean there aren't fighting game mechanics playing a role here. Combat is still a big focus after all and the fighting game genre is just the best way to bring the series big battles to life. I'm just saying that there's much more going on here. Platforming challenges, racing, and other activities are there to give more depth and variety to the experience.

The fighting system itself is also deeper than what one would expect. It's all about juggling your opponents in order to give yourself space to use your jutsu or special moves. Given that you have to charge up these attacks before you can use them, you need to find the right window of opportunity. Otherwise you are just leaving yourself open to attack. As things progress and your enemies start of jutsu of their own, the game reaches a whole new level of on your feet strategy. This especially comes out in the game's multiplayer, which unfortunately isn't active due to the game's age. You can still do local multiplayer though.

Jutsu aren't a sure thing though. They require quick-time inputs in order to be successful. However at the same time you're also going against your opponents inputs that can cancel out your jutsu. It's a rock, paper, scissors of speed and precision that's a blast to experience.

The world of Naruto has been lovingly brought to life. The Leaf Village's recreation is remarkable. I loved being able to explore all of it's nooks and crannies. Several other locations from the series have also been recreated, and all in gorgeous cell-shaded graphics. Given how well the world and growth was portrayed here, I'm shocked at how poorly the game does at retelling the anime's story.

While there is a lot to love here, the game isn't without it's issues. The most notable being it's storytelling. It does follow the anime, but presents itself in a fragmented way. You don't get all of the depth and character moments, so newcomers experiencing the story for the first time are going to be missing out on a LOT of context. The brief cutscenes pulled directly for the anime don't help, as they only show very small pieces of what's happening.

The other issues are related to the gameplay. The one I had the most issue with is in regards to the random combat encounters you'll come across while completing side-objectives. While the fighting stays fun and deep throughout, the repeated generic enemy types you'll encounter again and again get bland after a while. You want to get on with your quest, not fight the Bandit Boss for the umpteenth time. As you enter new areas, the difficulty expectantly ramps up. The issue is when using jutsu the system unfairly balanced towards the AI's success at canceling your inputs. There are times where I was right on the money with my inputs, but still had my jutsu rendered useless. A frustrating regularity late in the game.

The final issue I'll touch on is how lose the controls can be at times. It's not terrible, but enough to leave you wishing for more precision in the game's later race challenges, which can be a real nightmare because of this. Some technical issues can also screw you out of a victory by having you get hung on the environment for a second of slipping through the edge of a platform. All very minor, and you can still complete everything, but still irritating flaws that can get in the way of your victory.

While not without it's frustrations, Rise of a Ninja is still one of, if not the, most expansive Naruto games out there. One that shows a level of authenticity to the Naruto experience that few other games have. As a result I loved the experience in spite of it's flaws. Not only is it a must play for fans, but thereis enough depth and fun here to make it recommendable to those unfamiliar with the Leaf village's no. 1 hyperactive, knucklehead ninja. It allows you to experience Naruto's adventure in a personal, direct way. As a result this is the best Naruto game I've played thus far.

9.7/10
  35. Oct 23, 2011
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja is a good game but unfortunately has several flaws that keep it away from being a great game but nevertheless is a good choice to spend your free time!!!!!
  36. Mar 31, 2014
    I am a huge !!!!!!! Naruto fan, and this game fulfilled my dream of playing as Naruto, being a ninja in a ninja world. The game play is amazing, the details of the village and the characters that went into the making of this game is incredible. Everything about this game screams incredible, hoping they do a sequel to this type of Naruto game this generation
  37. Feb 12, 2017
    This was a bold move from Ubisoft to make a Naruto game that is more than a simple fighting game (not that fighting games are bad per say). Did they succeed ?

First the game is gorgeous for 2007 and the cell-shading is still pleasant on the eye and every character from the show is truthfully rendered. There is some minor framerate drops but nothing alarming and no big bugs to ruin your experience neither.

Concerning the gameplay all the fight are on the form of a classic 1 vs 1 fighting game (in 3D) those are classic and not the best we've seen, also some repetition of minion fights can get a bit boring as they don't really make for any kind of challenge. But the worst part of the game is the open world, the city of Konoha is so empty it's a bit sad, the only thing to do is look for very repetitive collectibles. The platforming is rough on the edges and cause you some anger.

The story follows the original Naruto up to a certain point, if you didn't read/watch the manga/anime it might lack a bit of explanations, if you already know it then you didn't buy this game to uncover some new plot and it is pretty secondary. However if your a fan there is something unacceptable : the lack of japanese voice overs, instead you must endure horrible local voice-over (the english sub is as bad as the french at least).
    The game should last around 12 to 15 hours depending on if you want the 100% which is fine.

In conclusion Rise of a Ninja was ambitious but I find it lacking in every department (except the graphics) and in my opinion the Ultimate Ninja Storm series is a far better pick for any Naruto fans. Still advisable if you're a fan of the first generation of Naruto.
  38. Dec 11, 2014
    Combat-10
    Story-9
    Voice acting - 8
    Gameplay-8
    Presentation-10
    Graphics-10
    The only problem I had is that some of the voice actors from the show weren't there.. It's kind of annoying to listen to a voice you know is wrong.
  39. Aug 16, 2016
    Um jogo muito bom, exclusivo do xbox 360, feito pela ubisoft, seu unico defeito para mim é nao ter tanta cena feita pelo jogo, tem muita cena do anime em si, ele ainda fica atras do storm 1
  40. Aug 19, 2016
  41. Dec 26, 2016
    Naruto Rise of a Ninja é um jogo bem legal, mesmo sendo bem limitado, tem poucos personagens, o jogo só vai na metade do anime classico, os jutsus sao um pouco dificeis de fazer, tem que ser bem rapido, e o inimigo tem q tar um pouco distraido, a jogabilidade é ok, a dificuldade é boa, o jogo nao é facil, o mundo aberto do jogo é bem legal, uma coisa que eu nao gostava no Ultimate NinjaNaruto Rise of a Ninja é um jogo bem legal, mesmo sendo bem limitado, tem poucos personagens, o jogo só vai na metade do anime classico, os jutsus sao um pouco dificeis de fazer, tem que ser bem rapido, e o inimigo tem q tar um pouco distraido, a jogabilidade é ok, a dificuldade é boa, o jogo nao é facil, o mundo aberto do jogo é bem legal, uma coisa que eu nao gostava no Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 que lançou em 2011 (eu acho), é que era um mini loading para cada entrada, ja aqui a Ubisoft fez um mundo aberto bem legal, da pra explorar a vila, e passar um bom tempo. Nota 7.6 Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Ultimately, it's one of the best, deepest, and most eye-candy-packed animation crossovers to land in the 360's lap. [Dec 2007, p.81]
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    As a roaming RPG it's fun, quirky and worth picking up; as a promo for the wider world of Naruto, it's excellent. [Dec 2007, p.94]
    Surprisingly enjoyable. Once you get past the first hour, the single-player campaign becomes a real treat. And the combat system, while not deep, is a lot of fun.