4.8

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Anyone who is giving this game a 9 or 10 is either paid to do so or hasn't played the previous 2K basketball titles. I have been a fan of the series since 2K6. My main three beefs with this game. 1. There are no gameplay improvements from 2K13. 2. The game runs poorly on the xbox(choppy like a 1999 computer). 3. The game programmers focused so much on making sure the score stays close andAnyone who is giving this game a 9 or 10 is either paid to do so or hasn't played the previous 2K basketball titles. I have been a fan of the series since 2K6. My main three beefs with this game. 1. There are no gameplay improvements from 2K13. 2. The game runs poorly on the xbox(choppy like a 1999 computer). 3. The game programmers focused so much on making sure the score stays close and the AI dominates when they need to that it completely removes the concept of skill in the game.

The rest of the beefs i have with this game. Sometimes the game ignores my button commands(block, steal, shot release) or waits 2 seconds after i press the button to do them. I dont know if this is a result of the poor Xbox performance but i assume it is because the game either doesn't have an animation for a block, steal, or doesnt want me to release when i want to.

The opponent AI is either god-like perfect or three stooges dumb. They move faster than you(one step from teleportation). The rebounds bounce to them when the game needs the rebounds to bounce to them. They rarely miss free throws. The AI's actions are limited and scripted. They will do the same exact plays offensively and defensively until they score. There is nothing artificially intelligent about them. They will perform three point line alley oops on you all game. They guard you on ball as if they respond to your buttons faster than your dribbler does. Their three point shot percentage will be 90% 100% every game and their overall shot percentage will be 80%. It is the exact opposite when it comes to AI teammates. The 4 players you aren't controlling are just plain bad. It will make you mad. They don't jump for rebounds unless the game allows it. They don't defend half as good as the opponent AI defends. They don't go for steals even if the ball is passed THROUGH their bodies. They can't keep up with the opponent AI unless the game allows it. The game has too many scripted animations. Dribbling has taken a step backwards because some guy at 2K studios decided to enact a bunch of animations that you get sucked into when trying to dribble the ball. You will find yourself just randomly dropping the ball or kicking it or having one of your stupid teammates run into you at least 10 times a game.

The "Lebron" road to greatness is a bunch of It sucks. You play games over the years as time progresses with Lebron on the heat. You play the 2014 game 7 finals game. The 2015 game 7 finals game, etc, etc up until 2020. They change the rosters of Miami and the opponent drastically each year. By 2020, you're playing against the Dallas Mavericks who have 41 year old Kobe Bryant and a bunch of made up nobodies. It isn't worth of a mode and seems like its tacked on for Lebron publicity.

Overall, the game has too much control over the outcome of games and isn't even subtle about it. The added animations and tweaked gameplay takes the series three steps backwards as far as gameplay. They assumed Lebron was enough to sell the game instead of actually improving it. They're probably right. The series is going stale like Madden. R.I.P. NBA 2K. Don't spend $60 for this. At least i'll be able to sell this to some sucker on craigslist and get most of my money back.
  2. Oct 4, 2013
    This is 2K13 with more LeBron James. No positive gameplay changes. No interesting new modes. They just recycled their last game like Madden does every year except they didnt add a single new thing to make the gameplay better as they have done for the previous titles. Disgraceful.
  3. Oct 30, 2013
    This game was obviously rushed. The presentation, visuals, and gameplay are exactly the same as NBA 2k13. NBA 2k14 brings nothing new to the table and is absolutely not worth $60. However, unlike Madden, NBA 2k has always been a great gaming franchise. 2k usually changes some aspects of their NBA games, however, this one has made no changes whatsoever and I suggest you stick with NBA 2k13This game was obviously rushed. The presentation, visuals, and gameplay are exactly the same as NBA 2k13. NBA 2k14 brings nothing new to the table and is absolutely not worth $60. However, unlike Madden, NBA 2k has always been a great gaming franchise. 2k usually changes some aspects of their NBA games, however, this one has made no changes whatsoever and I suggest you stick with NBA 2k13 until you get a next-gen copy of the game, if you are getting a next-gen copy. Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    Honestly, people who write a positive review to this game have either never played this title, a previous 2k title, or are being paid to do so. Overall gameplay stinks, literally NO improvements from 2k13, with a direct transfer of game modes, graphics and only small changes like soundtrack and user interface. The overhaul is actually in the CONTROL system, which makes it HARDER to pick upHonestly, people who write a positive review to this game have either never played this title, a previous 2k title, or are being paid to do so. Overall gameplay stinks, literally NO improvements from 2k13, with a direct transfer of game modes, graphics and only small changes like soundtrack and user interface. The overhaul is actually in the CONTROL system, which makes it HARDER to pick up especially from previous 2k games. There is literally NO tutorial on how to use these controls either. Worst game I've played all year. Expand
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    I have been playing NBA 2k since 2k6 and this is easily the sloppiest installment of the game. Steals and loose balls everywhere, everything gets blocked without fouls, regularly missing 3 inch layups yet three pointers go in with out really needing to be open at all, balls bouncing off players everywhere, Defense in this years version has really just turned into button mashing hittingI have been playing NBA 2k since 2k6 and this is easily the sloppiest installment of the game. Steals and loose balls everywhere, everything gets blocked without fouls, regularly missing 3 inch layups yet three pointers go in with out really needing to be open at all, balls bouncing off players everywhere, Defense in this years version has really just turned into button mashing hitting the steal button as fast as you can because you are 10x more likely to get the steal than a foul. I understand they wanted more blocks since it was impossible to block anything in 2k13 but this is extreme over compensation. The only positives i can draw are the new controls and the appearance. Players look better performing moves and are more personalized. The game play however is pure slop. I'm sorry I'm not 10 years old and thinks basketball is all about jacking as many threes as you can regardless if it's a good shot or not; which seems to be what 2k is sort of going for Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is very very bad. When one of the worse defenders in the league if slowing down a player rated 99 something gotta give. A.i teammates are d stupid and most of the time just stand still not setting screens when you pass like the cpu ai.does. When you run plays the CPU ai know the position your trying to get to before you. Wide open missed shots on perfect release. Wider openThis game is very very bad. When one of the worse defenders in the league if slowing down a player rated 99 something gotta give. A.i teammates are d stupid and most of the time just stand still not setting screens when you pass like the cpu ai.does. When you run plays the CPU ai know the position your trying to get to before you. Wide open missed shots on perfect release. Wider open missed layups. My player moves on its own. Setting double teams is impossible. Ai teammates will move in front of you when trying to catch up on defense. 6/10 when trying to drive he pulls up for a dud shot. Intense D is a set up for u to be blown passed Expand
  7. Oct 6, 2013
    I'm pretty sure 2k dev team is gearing up for next gen console, this looks like a carbon copy of 2K13 which was already a decline from 2K12. 2K11 and 12 are the pinnacle of this series on current gen consoles in my perception. Long Live the Lakers!!!
  8. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the shooting it's terrible it's so hard to find a shooting form that works for you they should have just kept the same shooting forms from 2k13 & the dribbling is the worst how your team can just kick the damn ball it's super sloppy & their are overrated players on here that really suck ass & they underrated some of the allstar players oh wait here comes meta world peace with a crossover step back jumper lol besides that I like the blocking but they over exaggerated with that too & defense sucks ass ok I'm done here 2k13 still better just my opinion. Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    THIS GAME IS THE ABSOLUTE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY ANYONE COULD EVER SPEND. GET A DAMN REFUND AND BUY A GOOD FREAKING GAME. IF I COULD USE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE THIS GAME IS "RETARDED". THE SHOT FEEDBACK HAS NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, AND THE CONTROLS WENT FROM SPOTLESS IN 2K13 TO GODAWFUL IN 2K14. THIS DEMONIC, RETARDED SPAWN OF A GAME THAT SATAN WANTS YOU TO PLAY. WHATEVER YOU DO, AVOID THISTHIS GAME IS THE ABSOLUTE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY ANYONE COULD EVER SPEND. GET A DAMN REFUND AND BUY A GOOD FREAKING GAME. IF I COULD USE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE THIS GAME IS "RETARDED". THE SHOT FEEDBACK HAS NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, AND THE CONTROLS WENT FROM SPOTLESS IN 2K13 TO GODAWFUL IN 2K14. THIS DEMONIC, RETARDED SPAWN OF A GAME THAT SATAN WANTS YOU TO PLAY. WHATEVER YOU DO, AVOID THIS SOILING OF THE 2K BRAND NAME. BUY 2K13. THIS GAME BELONGS IN THE VIDEO GAME HALL OF SHAME, WITH CLASSICS LIKE E.T, SONIC 2006, SUPERMAN 64, AND OTHER LOVELY AGAIN, BURY THIS GAME IN ARIZONA, GET A REFUND, AND BUY 2K13. DO YOU KNOW WHY LeBRON MADE THE COVER? BECAUSE THEY KNEW THE GAME WAS TERRIBLE, AND THEY SAID, "WHY THE HELL NOT? THIS'LL MAKE PEOPLE LIKE LeBRON MORE!!!" *INSERT MANIACAL LAUGHTER*. Expand
  10. Oct 12, 2013
    The game is about 90% the same as NBA 2K13, however the 10% difference is all bad differences. The pro stick was a horrible idea, the attribute caps is pathetic and LeBron path to greatness is horrible, I'm going to continue to play NBA 2K13
  11. Dec 11, 2013
    This game is a testament to how lazy 2k had gotten. The collision is bad control of your player which is a problem its had for a while still not fixed the delayed reaction timing, the cheese is ultra bad on here its so easy to reach and get steals to
    .you could spam the steal button all game and gaurauntee more steals than fouls. The defense is just horrible I mean you can't stay on your man for anything in the world due to the late reactions. When you get left you can't defend the rim because you always click to the man who can't make the play for some odd reason.the passing still sucks badly. The double team is overpowered blocking is overpowered. The pro stick sucks its still not reactive as it should be. I give live credit for that when it came to fluidity live was supererb I don't understand how critics call this fluid smh..the moves barely go together half the time. No reason for a flop button cause it doesn't work. This as far as gameplay is worst 2k ever btw who cares about EURO LEAGUE COME ON 2K GAMEPLAY 1ST EXTRA STUFF 2ND
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    So let me begin with my perspective coming into this game. I recently found my old NBA 2K9 game in the back of my game shelf and decided to play it. I had completely forgotten how much fun it was! The controls were tight, graphics were solid (for a game released in '08), team selection was awesome (50's-90's all-star teams), and the blackcourt mode was perfect. Three point competitionsSo let me begin with my perspective coming into this game. I recently found my old NBA 2K9 game in the back of my game shelf and decided to play it. I had completely forgotten how much fun it was! The controls were tight, graphics were solid (for a game released in '08), team selection was awesome (50's-90's all-star teams), and the blackcourt mode was perfect. Three point competitions between ray allen, larry bird, reggie miller, and shaq...fun as hell! The pickup basketballs games were also an awesome feature and me and my buddies played them for hours.

So fast forward to a few days ago when i was checking out the games at redbox. I happened to see they had 2K14 out so i immediately rented it. Now mind you, 2K9 was the last game in the series I played so I was really anxious to see what had been done. I put the game in and immediately jump into a quick game....and I immediately am dissapointed. IN 5 YEARS the game looks exactly the same! Me and my friend actually commented that the graphics looked kinda worse! The controls were clunky, as they bloated the hell out of them with a million fancifications (my own word) you can do, and I couldn't even get Michael Jordan to f***in dunk! They gutted the blackcourt mode which pissed me off the most, and in the version they do have you can't even pick Dr. J or MJ for your damn team! The Lebron thing I didn't really get into but it looked pretty stupid, I was too pissed to play it and returned the game within a few hours.

VERDICT:
    In the 5 years since 2K9, the game has just gotten worse in gameplay, graphics, and content. I don't understand the positive reviews for this game that it is getting in the press. The game blows, and I'd recommend 2K9 as it's actually a great game. To close, 2K sports is just cashing in each year on the same game (or worse) with new rosters, DONT BUY IT!
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    All sports games are the same. They update the roster and graphics and release. There is no reason this should get anything above a 3 or 4. Everything about this game screams outdated. Basketball physics are poor, anyone who truly knows the sport should be able to point out inaccuracy. Don't take anyone's word on this who rates this highly, i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, if youAll sports games are the same. They update the roster and graphics and release. There is no reason this should get anything above a 3 or 4. Everything about this game screams outdated. Basketball physics are poor, anyone who truly knows the sport should be able to point out inaccuracy. Don't take anyone's word on this who rates this highly, i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, if you want a basketball game you can pick up 2k 07 for 50 cents, no reason to buy this for 60 dollars; they're practically the same game. Expand
  14. Dec 6, 2013
    As a die hard sports gamer, this basketball franchise has showed a ton of potential over the years, but unfortunately it has fallen victim of the "Madden Syndrome". Lack of innovation, better physics, and quality of gameplay. Game has plateaued. Got tired of playing it a few hours in.
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    If the goal in making this game was to ruin the franchise, they are well on their way. The gameplay isn't intuitive, rebounding is ridiculous, and your player's movements/motions are usually a solid half to full second behind you commands. Also, the right stick control for special moves, cross overs, etc. is just terrible. 2013 was solid enough, but 2014 offers zero improvement, and inIf the goal in making this game was to ruin the franchise, they are well on their way. The gameplay isn't intuitive, rebounding is ridiculous, and your player's movements/motions are usually a solid half to full second behind you commands. Also, the right stick control for special moves, cross overs, etc. is just terrible. 2013 was solid enough, but 2014 offers zero improvement, and in fact took a serious step backwards. Anyone giving this game a 9 or 10 is out of their mind. Expand
  16. Oct 24, 2013
    Broken online mode. 3 points is killing 1v1 matches. This game is Call of Duty in Sport Sims. All money spend on ADs. Game dont have any changes in this year too.
    (Обзор gamerstv.ru)
  17. Oct 23, 2013
    Improvements? Did anyone noticed any??? It looks like game haven't even been tested before release.
    Improvement(s) rather without s in the end. Maybe a little more realistic contact with other players. If nothing would have changed since 2k13 this feature would be great.
    However... It changed. A lot... 1) AI is stupid as never. Teammates shooting tightly guarded faders instead of wide
    However... It changed. A lot...
    1) AI is stupid as never. Teammates shooting tightly guarded faders instead of wide open shots right after the pick or a pass. IRON SPINE as I call it is when they can't bend to take the ball which is rolling under their feet sometimes even for couple of seconds. Thank God opponents are there to pick it up. Reaction time ERA. All the time I am trying to save loose ball or diving into stands, my teammates wont even try to catch it. The ball just bounces right back out of bounds from them.
    2) I am getting a bit confused if this is basketball or football game. I counted how many kicked ball violations occurs in one game. 13. That is right. 13!!! (And i don't even play 12min quarters). Most teams wont make that many in whole season. It appears that they are to lazy to pick up the ball so players just kick it.
    3) Goaltendings. It is just ridiculous. They are going after every shot. If you thin that 13 kicked balls is a lot wait for this number. 16!!! Seriously?
    4) 267) My carer player haven't played overtime. It looks like that if you have to play 40mins a game they just spread your playing time for four quarters and if it happens that your team have to play overtime there is no more time for you. 3 times already had to watch how my team looses..
    And much more minor bugs which gets really annoying after some playing time.
    So all in all this was my worst spent 60$. I've returned to 2k13 without even finishing 1st season. And probably gonna play previous version until Next Gen comes out.
  18. Oct 26, 2013
    I've been playing NBA2K since 2K5 and I have to say this might be the worst 2K ever. The only good thing that came in gameplay is the ability to block shots. But the rest of the gameplay is terrible, such as an excessive amount of free throws, missed wide open shots, and the sloppy play of the game in general. Player ratings are not accurate and players who cannot shoot in real life canI've been playing NBA2K since 2K5 and I have to say this might be the worst 2K ever. The only good thing that came in gameplay is the ability to block shots. But the rest of the gameplay is terrible, such as an excessive amount of free throws, missed wide open shots, and the sloppy play of the game in general. Player ratings are not accurate and players who cannot shoot in real life can shoot on the game while players such as Ray Allen Steph Curry Steve Novak etc.. miss wide open shots. Hopefully next gen is better because this game is not good at all Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2013
    I see some changes from 2k13...
    Now the players are dumber.
    I have my opponents just standing for 15 sec., than simply throwing the ball away..
    Sometimes they run in the back court for no reason. Also I don't like the new shooting motion not all players jump when shoot.
    The game just does not feel like a quality product.. I'd rather play 2k13...
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    Absolutely terrible with its servers, servers have been down for 2 months and not one bothered to fix it permanently also 2k has not even addressed the issue until recently but there is still no visible work done to help
  21. Dec 26, 2013
    The game glitches after the dunk contest and makes me skip the rest of the season and its really annoying has done it 3 seasons in a row....other then that it is a really fun game
  22. Dec 31, 2013
    This game ruined all of my hopes. You lose the ball if they barely even touch it. The Pro Stick is a good idea but it still needs a lot of work. The my career is impossible. I am a 99 overall and I cant hit an open three unless i have perfect timing. The defense in My Career is retarded they will glitch into position to cut you off. Trust me i've played since 2k8. My friend spent $30 onThis game ruined all of my hopes. You lose the ball if they barely even touch it. The Pro Stick is a good idea but it still needs a lot of work. The my career is impossible. I am a 99 overall and I cant hit an open three unless i have perfect timing. The defense in My Career is retarded they will glitch into position to cut you off. Trust me i've played since 2k8. My friend spent $30 on his my career maxed out all his stats and still only averages 9 points a game. Not worth $60. Expand
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    This game doesn't even make sense. Your MyPlayer sucks no matter how high his attributes are. You just randomly lose the ball at random times. The AI WILL win no matter what you do. This game sucks. I'm getting my money back.
  24. Jan 5, 2014
    As a devoted fan of 2K I am extremely let down by the limits placed on 14'. It is a video game for the reason. When you max your attributes you shouldn't be missing half of the wide open 3's you attempt. I enjoy the new stick controls because they are so much more convenient. I miss however being able to pull up and hit shots wherever on the court. It's supposed to be unrealistic, it is aAs a devoted fan of 2K I am extremely let down by the limits placed on 14'. It is a video game for the reason. When you max your attributes you shouldn't be missing half of the wide open 3's you attempt. I enjoy the new stick controls because they are so much more convenient. I miss however being able to pull up and hit shots wherever on the court. It's supposed to be unrealistic, it is a video game for a reason. Another thing I have a problem with is how on Hall of Fame, one cannot simply stop the Heat. Players like Derrick Rose and Lebron are have attributes with 99 maximum's while you are only allowed 90 or 92 at the highest. The computers are way to overpowered as I try to make a pass with maximum ball handling, pass, and dimer against the Heat and 9 times out of 10 it gets tipped.. What I am asking is that make the game universal to for attributes either lower the players or raise the max on my players. Expand
  25. Jan 9, 2014
    I was very excited for this game as I was a loyal customer ever since EA nuked NBA Live. I was severely disappointed as the controls are tragically downgraded to the point where it is not fun any more. Any point guard or player in the game no matter ball security or dribbling rating lose the ball when creating contact with another player. Alley-oops are extremely over-powered, dribblingI was very excited for this game as I was a loyal customer ever since EA nuked NBA Live. I was severely disappointed as the controls are tragically downgraded to the point where it is not fun any more. Any point guard or player in the game no matter ball security or dribbling rating lose the ball when creating contact with another player. Alley-oops are extremely over-powered, dribbling is atrocious as you can be using the trick stick and automatically attempt a shot if you hold the stick in one direction for too long (millisecond), shooting is completely useless as I have had three A+'s in a row during a game and all three miss. The fast break is one of the only ways to get easy baskets. The only upgrade from 2k14 from 13 is the soundtrack other than that it is a steep downgrade and should be up for worst games of '13-'14. To be honest nothing really works as it should, 50% of the time when dribbling to the paint your point guard loses the ball, and even if you would try to pass it would just get deflected anyway. The only reason that I am giving it a 1 is because LeBron finally gets what he deserves with a cover. Expand
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    DO NOT TRUST THE OFFICIAL CRITICS. This game made me waste $100, $60 for the actual game and $40 for the new controller I had to buy because I threw my old one through my window. How this got a better rating than Call of Duty: Ghosts, I will never understand. Let's start with the Shot Feedback system. You can have a player who has a 99 rating on his 3-point shot, have an excellent releaseDO NOT TRUST THE OFFICIAL CRITICS. This game made me waste $100, $60 for the actual game and $40 for the new controller I had to buy because I threw my old one through my window. How this got a better rating than Call of Duty: Ghosts, I will never understand. Let's start with the Shot Feedback system. You can have a player who has a 99 rating on his 3-point shot, have an excellent release on your shot, get an A+ quality, and air-ball. Now to MyTeam. Unless you want to pay the Antichrist, known as Ronnie 2K, your hard-earned money, you essentially have to endure losing OVER and OVER again. My first game, I had all bronze players and got matched with someone who had MJ, Kobe, and Lebron among others. And speaking of Lebron, why is he on the cover? Isn't he supposed to be rivaling MJ for "The Greatest Player Ever"? MJ was on the cover of NBA 2K11, and I enjoyed THAT game more than I have this game. I gave this game a 1 because it has infinite room for improvement (that only being said because it is so bad). This game single-handedly ruined the franchise for me. I realize that 2K was focusing on next-gen, but I have never seen an annual series actually get WORSE from one year to the next like this has. I've seen next-gen game play and, I have to say, I am impressed, but 2K just made a photocopy of 2K13, set it in the wild, let a pack of wolves **** on it, and called it NBA 2K14. Expand
  27. Jun 18, 2014
    How can anyone give this game a score higher then 5? It feels unfinished. Graphics are terrible. Seriously. A.I. in career mode is dumb. I've never seen so many kickballs/goaltendings/out of bounds/ shooting fouls in any basketball game. The AI sometimes just dribbles out of bounds. Your own team mates will screen you out, and your player will score, and penalize you for it. MY CharacterHow can anyone give this game a score higher then 5? It feels unfinished. Graphics are terrible. Seriously. A.I. in career mode is dumb. I've never seen so many kickballs/goaltendings/out of bounds/ shooting fouls in any basketball game. The AI sometimes just dribbles out of bounds. Your own team mates will screen you out, and your player will score, and penalize you for it. MY Character has maxed out 3pt shooting and consitency with all the signature skills and STILL misses shots when he's wide open with an A+ release. Everytime you call for a pass, it's a bad call for a pass, even if I'm wide open with no defenders in between.

The ball rolls out of play and it takes 35 seconds for a player to run to it, and run it back. Seriously, this is 2014... why are there so many dumb glitches like this.

And then we have Blacktop, which was a cool idea, and the only reason it gets a 2 from me. But even then, it gets dumb. Why would the match you up with 2 other PG's when you yourself are a PG, and on the other team, you have a PF PG and C. Of course ima lose, all they do is throw it inside and dunk. NBA 2k13 was better.

The critics apparently aren't playing the same game I am... I got an A+ rating with 35 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, shot 65% form the field and 75% from 3 point range... and guess what I got drafted... Go ahead, guess... 25th! WTF!!!!!!!! For sure one of those teams could have using a SG like me, yet... 24 teams passed on me. This game makes me laugh.
  28. Jun 27, 2014
    When I grabbed 2k14 for xbox360, I thought that I would be getting a major upgrade from 2k13 both graphically and gameplay wise. Neither of my expectations pulled through.

I bought NBA so that I could play this amazing new My Career update that I had seen in youtube videos and trailers and even from my friends on the Xbox one, but low and behold, they literally only focused on the Xbox one version. The my career is almost copy and pasted from one to the other. Don't even get me started on how bad the "Lebron Road to Greatness" mode is, it is only a promotion to Lebron and fantasizing about how good he will get so that all the people who love Lebron will play the game.

There were no notable things added to this game in my humble opinion, the only change that I felt was that the dribble controls were better.
  29. ajl
    Jul 8, 2014
    I have some good and some bad feelings when it comes to this game, but more bad. The game play is almost the exact same as 2k13. The AI defenders are way too smart, and way too good. while the AI teammates are terrible. I get lucky if i have 2 teammates that can score. The dribble moves are terrible, as the AI just steps into you and you almost fall over or go out of bounds. The MyCareerI have some good and some bad feelings when it comes to this game, but more bad. The game play is almost the exact same as 2k13. The AI defenders are way too smart, and way too good. while the AI teammates are terrible. I get lucky if i have 2 teammates that can score. The dribble moves are terrible, as the AI just steps into you and you almost fall over or go out of bounds. The MyCareer is the exact, EXACT same as 2k13, except the gear. Now I have to manually change the color of my headband and arm sleeves and whatnot before every game. Now, on to the good stuff. Dunks can be blocked. Expand
  30. Feb 16, 2014
    I'm utterly shocked anyone is giving this even mixed ratings! I've seen better games graphically than this since 2006! It looks like rubbish for the most part. The learning curve on this is disgusting! And by that I mean that this game should be accessible to people who know nothing of NBA basket ball. And even for someone like me who knows the basics this is shockingly bad. My opposingI'm utterly shocked anyone is giving this even mixed ratings! I've seen better games graphically than this since 2006! It looks like rubbish for the most part. The learning curve on this is disgusting! And by that I mean that this game should be accessible to people who know nothing of NBA basket ball. And even for someone like me who knows the basics this is shockingly bad. My opposing player switches almost at random and sometimes seems to do so as they dunk so my rating is poorly affected. If I'd not purchased this game digitally on a youtubers recommendation I'd be returning it for a refund.

All in all a poor game at best with much reduced features from the newest gen consoles. A lot of the story elements are removed yet a god like or moronic AI seems rampant.
  31. Dec 21, 2014
    I love playing basketball but this game cant make me feel like I do when I play on the pitch and is so boring and I hate the game because it is so weird and so unenjoyeble
  32. Mar 5, 2014
    I generally did not find this game fun at all. with maxed out ratings on my character and perfectly timing my jump-shots, I was missing wide open shots, it seems they did not make any improvements just made the game less enjoyable and harder. I would recommend spending your money on another game or the next gen version which is very fun. I don't know why they even bothered making a currentI generally did not find this game fun at all. with maxed out ratings on my character and perfectly timing my jump-shots, I was missing wide open shots, it seems they did not make any improvements just made the game less enjoyable and harder. I would recommend spending your money on another game or the next gen version which is very fun. I don't know why they even bothered making a current gen version Expand
  33. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is one of the worst nba games to ever come out. This games my career and my player is horrible. You can't create 2 different my players. This is **** This **** game doesn't play like the nba teams do. For example, the Clippers were vs the Cavs. The Cavs got 30 offensive rebounds and me the Clippers got 6 **** offensive rebounds. **** this game and the makers. Such **** game
  34. Mar 12, 2014
    All i can say is WOW! I was actually expecting a way better game then this. I normally play NBA Live but since everyone made 2K14 such a big deal i actually decided to spend 60bucks on this game. The graphics are weak, sometimes i look at some of the players and they look not even close to the actual real players. The game play sucks, very sloppy, not challenging at all, very easy to stealAll i can say is WOW! I was actually expecting a way better game then this. I normally play NBA Live but since everyone made 2K14 such a big deal i actually decided to spend 60bucks on this game. The graphics are weak, sometimes i look at some of the players and they look not even close to the actual real players. The game play sucks, very sloppy, not challenging at all, very easy to steal or block a shot with out fouling, since i bought this game i dont think ive really missed a 3 pointer. I cant stand all the different controls just to play this game, and why do the guys run so damn slow on a fast break. This game needs alot of work. I was expecting way more from this game especially since everyone made such a big deal about it. I would have to say NBA LIVE is a better game this time around. Developers please get on your A game and create a better game then this. Talk to Jay-Z maybe he can help you guys out to. The only positive i can say about this game is the music is good. Expand
  35. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is VERY VERY disappointing , The Dribble Stick and The Shot Stick are combined so if you hold it for more than a second you launch the ball from where you stand . All player customization ( Sleeves,Headbands etc,..) are still being held captive for VC points , Botched steals and turnovers are caused by just touching a defender , The dribbling was downgraded as a whole , But theThis game is VERY VERY disappointing , The Dribble Stick and The Shot Stick are combined so if you hold it for more than a second you launch the ball from where you stand . All player customization ( Sleeves,Headbands etc,..) are still being held captive for VC points , Botched steals and turnovers are caused by just touching a defender , The dribbling was downgraded as a whole , But the only thing cool about this that there is better music and LeBron is the main attraction , but seriously take VC points away like seriously.. FAIL Expand
  36. Mar 21, 2014
    this game is honestly the worst installment of the nba 2k franchise. i am mainly going to focus on game play because everything else is literally the same (except lebron mode). you would be CRAZY to spend $60 on this game. it was rush sloppy and unresponsive. but my main problem is the shooting. i have found that i am releasing the ball perfectly with good three point shooters, but sadlythis game is honestly the worst installment of the nba 2k franchise. i am mainly going to focus on game play because everything else is literally the same (except lebron mode). you would be CRAZY to spend $60 on this game. it was rush sloppy and unresponsive. but my main problem is the shooting. i have found that i am releasing the ball perfectly with good three point shooters, but sadly the game refuses to allow the ball to go in. blocks and steals happen way too often, i am starting to become afraid of attempting a dunk or layup. because lord knows that **** gerald green is gonna come out of nowhere and block it against the backboard. this is my first time writing a review so i am going to make it as simple as possible. THIS GAME IS **** dont waste your money or your time. overall this game is a 2/10.THANK YOU 2K sports Expand
  37. Apr 1, 2014
    I have this game since a few months now, i wasn't any good at it at the beginning, and i decided to keep playing it until i get how it works. Now i can judge what this game really is, its just disapointement, ads everywhere, never-ending loadings, even the music is not as perfect as the people say with bad taste tracks like imagine dragons =((puke). The game play is totally inconsistant, uI have this game since a few months now, i wasn't any good at it at the beginning, and i decided to keep playing it until i get how it works. Now i can judge what this game really is, its just disapointement, ads everywhere, never-ending loadings, even the music is not as perfect as the people say with bad taste tracks like imagine dragons =((puke). The game play is totally inconsistant, u never have any feedback of what you do, as you win or loose, the players in your team annoy you because they are just uncrossable obstacles! If NBA2K is the best basketball game it's because there's no other one basketball games, I hope new game dev's would be aware of it, i mean a huge place for a good basketball game is still waiting!! Expand
  38. May 21, 2014
    NBA 2K14 is the exact same as NBA 2K13, don't get fooled like me seeing all the gameplay on youtube and thinking 'oh so cool' well it's not because 2k only care about next gen. If anything it's worse, they Changed the way to shoot and also removed the 5 minute option from the mycareer mode. The only reason I can give it a 3 is because I can still use some of my favorite dunks except theNBA 2K14 is the exact same as NBA 2K13, don't get fooled like me seeing all the gameplay on youtube and thinking 'oh so cool' well it's not because 2k only care about next gen. If anything it's worse, they Changed the way to shoot and also removed the 5 minute option from the mycareer mode. The only reason I can give it a 3 is because I can still use some of my favorite dunks except the 360 between the legs. The lazy people also couldn't be bothered to change who stared in the rookie game, Anthony Davies was in the rookie game in 2K13 aswell. The main point I'm trying to get out is that 2k just changed slight bits of the game as 'improvements' but clearly were not, such as music, backgrounds and more moustaches. Expand

1. Jan 28, 2014
    Much like in previous years, NBA 2K14 is a good basketball game.
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    Online play is smooth and seamless, with your rival being picked from a pool of roughly statistically equivalent players, whether playing with real NBA or FIBA teams or your own custom fantasy myTeam.
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    No surprise here – another remarkably enjoyable title from the series that’s been a definition of a perfect sports game for years. [12/2013, p.66]