4.8

1. Oct 1, 2013
    It simply is a great game that will keep us in company before the next-gen version comes out! NBA 2K14 shows us how good these developers are in improving their product every year.
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    am not sure about everyone else, but i play the game for the actual game. I havent played my player and the assoication modes yet, which i love btw, but i can tell you from the actual gameplay, this game is amazing. The blocks are on point. The steals, the transition offense and defense. It makes you feel like you are whoever you are in the game. If your lebron, you find yourself catchingam not sure about everyone else, but i play the game for the actual game. I havent played my player and the assoication modes yet, which i love btw, but i can tell you from the actual gameplay, this game is amazing. The blocks are on point. The steals, the transition offense and defense. It makes you feel like you are whoever you are in the game. If your lebron, you find yourself catching up to other players setting up a chase down block where if you are chris paul, you ll find yourself setting up for a steal. Now i have been reading some reviews up here and on other sites and i am not understanding some of your complaints. I read one guys comment that said he blow the computer out on the first game he played. I find this highly unlikely unless he played practice for about 4 hours and played on an easy difficulty. Reason being is that the controls are completly different. You cannot just hop in and do the same thing you were doing last year. The first game i played, I found myself passing out of shots because i did not know the controls, and thought it was like last years. Mind you, i was playing aganist a friend online who had the game for the whole day and had known what to do, so it was a bit bad for me. Any way, i am also not sure as to why people are so mad about the lack of changes in those modes. They were great last year. My player could have used a touch up or two, but if its not broke, why fix it? Why go in and make changes to a great system? Thats just my opinion.

To wrap up, I really do love this game. I will get to spend some more time with it after work, but from the 2 games i played, it feels so good. The timing of the shots, the movement of the players, the blocking system, the ablilty of the ball to always be live and touchable, these things and more are why i feel this is a great game.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    While as far as graphics go it's the same which isn't a bad thing I'm sure they are just getting ready for next gen, but the animations are far better for layups, dunks, and blocks defense is actually do-able for once! (It's actually enjoyable) the new passing with the analog stick feels and looks amazing when you get it down its a wonderful new addition! The only complaints I really haveWhile as far as graphics go it's the same which isn't a bad thing I'm sure they are just getting ready for next gen, but the animations are far better for layups, dunks, and blocks defense is actually do-able for once! (It's actually enjoyable) the new passing with the analog stick feels and looks amazing when you get it down its a wonderful new addition! The only complaints I really have about the game is with my team if you are beating someone and they get mad and quit it doesn't give you the win because they were "disconnected". Lastly the controls, I'm not sure why they consistently feel the need to change them over the years while most of the time it's for the better I feel they should have left them alone they went back to 2k12 to perform a spin move in the lane you spin the analog stick instead of double tapping B which was far more simple, to perform a step back you have to push the analog stick back wards as oppposed to tapping B? post moves are also done with the analog stick as opposed to double tappig x or b! and they didn't move it to make room for something new, to me it seemed more like they were just changing the controls for the sake of change, maybe to make it seem new and different but it to me it seems largely unnecessary and frustrating because last years controls I felt were the best by far, but overall a great game can't wait for next gen! Expand
  4. Dec 8, 2013
    Every year they add a new mode and few tweaks But who is to say that is a bad thing.True basketball fans should always appreciate the realism in these animations for the 2k series. NBA Live will be serious comp. But 2k will always have their fans. If you call yourself a fan of the sport you should not be rating this a 5. people complain either way. If they stripped down the engine startedEvery year they add a new mode and few tweaks But who is to say that is a bad thing.True basketball fans should always appreciate the realism in these animations for the 2k series. NBA Live will be serious comp. But 2k will always have their fans. If you call yourself a fan of the sport you should not be rating this a 5. people complain either way. If they stripped down the engine started fresh. People would complain and realize how smooth basketball was before. 2k14 is 2k13 with slight improvements but I like the fresh rosters,ratings, addition of pelicans. The Lebron mode is a nice little side mode to me. Get to live out possible futures for lebron. Example he is with the knicks right now in 2015 and he got hurt missed half season and we barely made 8seed so the goal is to make history and win title from 8 seed. Stuff like this are welcomed additions in my opinion. Honestly don't see how anyone could rate this any lower than a 8 maybe 7 at the lowest. But a 5 says it is a B rated game at best which is crazy to say. And to the dudes giving this a 0. You really need to grow up. if all you got is 2-3 negatives to the game there is now way that makes it a 0 (which means a completely unplayable piece of trash) so go give Thor the game a 0 or Harry Potter deathly Hallows for kinect those are unplayable trash. to me if all you can say is there are no major gameplay improvements but you liked 2k13 do not understand how u can completely hate this 1. Nba live always felt twitchy to me with b.s online servers Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2014
    I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANYONE WHO WAS DECIDING TO BUY IT. THIS IS THE BEST 2K BY FAR. THE ONLY THING BAD ABOUT THE GAME IS THE MUSIC, BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ALOT OF SELECTIONS TO CHOOSE FROm.
  6. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is definitely the best in the series, so far. No, gameplay is not intuitive. Yes, there are a ton of moves you can learn. There is a definite learning curve to this game, but if you take the time to learn the controls, it becomes a masterpiece. If you're looking to pick it up and play a game with your buddy who has never played, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for aThis game is definitely the best in the series, so far. No, gameplay is not intuitive. Yes, there are a ton of moves you can learn. There is a definite learning curve to this game, but if you take the time to learn the controls, it becomes a masterpiece. If you're looking to pick it up and play a game with your buddy who has never played, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a game that will keep you occupied for months, this is your game.
    Every complaint I've read can be dealt with either by practice or through the use of gameplay sliders (you can control nearly every aspect.) If you're not willing to put in the time to tweak a game that is infinitely customizable, that's a you problem, not a programming problem.
  7. Mar 24, 2014
    Overall, in my mind NBA 2K14 is an amazing game that is very enjoyable to play.

Game Description NBA 2K14 is the all new NBA basketball game for xbox 360. Developed by Visual Concepts, published by 2K Sports, and released on October 1, 2013, it came out with many different game modes for all new player enjoyment. The first new recognizable game mode is "Lebron Path to Greatness". You
    Overall, in my mind NBA 2K14 is an amazing game that is very enjoyable to play.

Game Description

NBA 2K14 is the all new NBA basketball game for xbox 360. Developed by Visual Concepts, published by 2K Sports, and released on October 1, 2013, it came out with many different game modes for all new player enjoyment. The first new recognizable game mode is "Lebron Path to Greatness". You play as Lebron James, a rising star in the NBA, and now arguably the best basketball player in the world, as he continues his reign of dominance in the NBA. You can also play in one of the most popular NBA 2K sports trilogies' modes, MyCareer. In MyCareer you create your own individualized player and play as them as a rookie trying to make it in the NBA. Get drafted, work your way up the depth chart, and carve your path to stardom in this incredibly fun way to see what it's like for an NBA player. After every game you answer questions from the media in press conferences. Give good answers and you can boost your team chemistry and your fan base. All of these come along with old game modes like season, playoffs, franchise, and others. Graphics are good and give any NBA fan an easy time recognizing their favorite players. I think that this game is very appropriate and has nothing that might lead it to be inappropriate for young kids that I can see. All in all it is is a great game!

Evaluation

I personally really enjoy this new game. I play this game all the time and love all the different game modes. Even though I like to play all of the modes, I particularly enjoy MyCareer. I personally really enjoy personalizing my character and playing my way to the top. It is incredibly fun to progress in the game and watch as your player rises to the top in the NBA. Many critics say that the game doesn't run well or that there were no improvements to the game from the last one, but I don't think so at all. I love NBA 2K14 way better than the past NBA 2K games and I love that I get to play as and against players that I know well in the NBA. Overall this game in my mind is great and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have fun!

This is one of my favorite games for xbox and it's super fun!

1. Jan 28, 2014
    Much like in previous years, NBA 2K14 is a good basketball game.
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    Online play is smooth and seamless, with your rival being picked from a pool of roughly statistically equivalent players, whether playing with real NBA or FIBA teams or your own custom fantasy myTeam.
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    No surprise here – another remarkably enjoyable title from the series that’s been a definition of a perfect sports game for years. [12/2013, p.66]