7.2

1. Jun 2, 2012
    I just had to write this review,seeing I'm years late but I'm a true basketball believer.First off 2K's game just gets better and better every year.Ever since the very first Nba 2k on the Dreamcast.There really has never been a year where there was a problem or something was suspect.Nba 2k12 is out right now and the game is flawless in every way and every detail.There is one thing thatI just had to write this review,seeing I'm years late but I'm a true basketball believer.First off 2K's game just gets better and better every year.Ever since the very first Nba 2k on the Dreamcast.There really has never been a year where there was a problem or something was suspect.Nba 2k12 is out right now and the game is flawless in every way and every detail.There is one thing that stumps me though.Put your NBA 2k12 and then put your NBA 2k9 and look,NBA 2k9 looks amazing in all the word!As an overall picture on a HD TV running at least 1080i,the game looks better then any year and I went year by year,game by game because I thought maybe something was wrong with me but it is true.Yes the player models are way better,animations,sound,ect...,ect..Do what I did and just look at the game.I actually was playing the game and two friends came into my home and could of swore that the game was on TV.I look back now and also realize that 2K was in a league of there own and NBA live never even compared because they were not even on the same playing ground as 2K,and later look what happened to EA,they dropped out of the race since 2K11.So once you see what I see than just kick back with your NBA 2K12 and just love the fact that your NBA 2K9 was perfect in 2008, and play it here and there it is well worth the cheap asking price that you can get it for now.If the game had updated rosters and the my player mode it actually would be perfect but that would also mean that 2K sports wouldn't make anymore money on basketball games. 9.9 Expand
  2. Frank
    Oct 6, 2008
    I played the 2k and live demos. Just going by the demo, 2k is far better than live and better than 2k8. The controls are a little tighter than last year. The player faces are incredible this year. It they chew gum on the court, they chew it in the game. The details are astounding.
  3. JohnM.
    Oct 7, 2008
    I rate IGN review a 5/10 for not including the other features in the game like multiplayer, shot stick and other advanced moves. IGN released a rushed and incomplete review for the sake of releasing a review first.
  4. RogerM.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Yes its seems 2K is now developing former EA fanboys into 2K fanboys. GJ. The game is excellent but by no means leaps and bounds, with its predestined ball handling control scheme, get rid of the SHOT STICK, and give me the option to drive how and where i want to based on my opponents defense.
  5. JobA
    Jul 15, 2009
    wow,Its really amazing how far the 2K franchize has came over the years from nba 2k on the Dreamcast.This is definetly the best basketball game ever made and I cant wait to see how it evolves over the next 10 years.I give it a 9.6
  6. NBAOz
    Oct 7, 2008
    This is the best basketball game I have ever played. Pretty much everything has been improved from NBA 2k8. Better graphics, bug fixes, more realistic and lively crowd. I don't know how they could possibly improve on this game next year except for maybe adding Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan to the legend teams:-) Highly recommended!
  7. LeoR
    Feb 23, 2009
    I agree Iall the previous 10 ratings. I have been playing basketball video games since Double Dribble, and I can say this is probably the funnest one I've ever played. The visuals, controls, and presentations all greatly exceeded my expectations.

Refined gameplay that captures the speed of the NBA game without reverting to being an arcade title. A few annoyances here and there are all that hold this one back from a guaranteed spot in the Hall.
  2. The star feature of NBA 2K9 is the Association, the best franchise mode across every sports title.
    The game shines particularly bright in the Total Team Control mode, which allows you to hook up online with nine other players for 5-on-5 basketball. This mode simulates the experience of playing an actual game of basketball more closely than any videogame I've played.