5.7

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Those who write positive reviews are playing this game a lot differently than I. I bought this game months ago, but finally after playing it today it went in the trash. The a.i. Is absolutely insane. Whenever the comp decides to turn the game around you have no chance. You will throw int's, and on defense the comp will score within a minute. It's crazy, for quarters I mean you can do nothing and the comp will do no wrong, it's really sucks. The ppl who created this garbage do not know about football. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    Like many consumers I was hopeful that EA would turn it around this year, and produce an NCAA Football that corrected many of the errors of the past few years. Sadly this game is weak in many areas and bears what I would term, "a frustrating resemblance to college football". The most notable weaknesses of this year's game are as follows:
    1. Heavy scripting of game outcomes While this is
    a perrenial complaint about this game, in my opinion it is worse than ever this year. Catch-up behaviors by the AI play heavily into the game and seriously hurt the game's immersion factor.
    2. Strange AI behaviors on defense Generally weak defense (lots of points, even in abbreviated games), strange behaviors by players and odd routes taken by defensive players. I'd love to see a real football game like this. I have a good sense of humor and it would be the funniest game I ever saw, as long as it wasn't my favorite team.
    3. The AI players are notably faster than the human controlled players.
    4. Bugs. No game killers, but definitely a few bugs that can affect the outcome of a game if you hit them at the wrong time.
    5. There was a lot of talk about "physics" being introduced into this game. I really don't see it. There are some nice animations for the running backs, but animations are not physics. Human controlled runners don't seem to have any weight. My running backs seem light as a feather and rarely push forward after contact. They usually look like a volleyball that just got spiked.

I love college football and I'd love to recommend this game but I can't without reservation. If you're craving a college football game, go ahead and buy it, since it's the only game in town, but be aware of the weaknesses I have mentioned. I've invested my money so I'll wait and hope that some of the more glaring problems are patched soon.
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    Hands down the worst game of NCAA in recent years. Last years edition was much smoother in terms of gameplay. This game is filled with flaws. Tackling is unrealistic. You will find yourself bouncing off the player you are attempting to tackle. On the flip side you may find yourself being tackled by a player that realistically should not have been capable of making the tackle. Hot stick is weakened. The movement are a lot more quick as far as jukes and spins, BUT the movements are awkward and contorted. Don't spend base retail price for this game. It is at best worth 19.99. NCAA Football 13 is a much more solid game. Defense will leave you frustrated or scratching your head. Physics are a major disaster. Grade is -D Expand
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    Gets a 4 out of 10 for not being a crash fest this year. but the same bugs are still there, i just watched Ball St destroy Oklahoma, TAMU lose to FCS West, and Sun Belt teams pull 5* recruits. EA could fix all this, or they could introduce a feature to encourage you to spend more money on top of the $60 in the form of Ultimate Team. Guess what they picked?

1. Aug 8, 2013
    The Infinity Engine 2 has taken the NCAA Football gameplay to a new level of realism, and with the improvements to the Dynasty mode, even the lack of depth that Ultimate Team suffers from can't hinder the fact that this is arguably the best title in the franchise series.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    What it does is present a complete package that lacks very little for football fans and NCAA Football fans alike, and for many that may just be enough to satisfy the hungry crowd.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    Those simply looking for a solid game of collegiate football should ignore all that, however, as NCAA Football 14 offers the same quality the series has been known for this generation with some great tweaks and implementations added. Madden 25 will likely take the crown for the best game of football this year, but those who make NCAA Football a yearly tradition have no reason not to add this solid addition to their collection.