5.4

1. Nov 19, 2012
    If you don't already own a NFS game, then you should get this. This game is mighty fine. I have not played many NFS games, and this game made me very happy that I bought it. Great graphics, awesome gameplay and free mode. No need to unlock cars (thank god). Flaws is the hard system of controls to use and some boring multiplayer modes. Overall, a good game. It's like Forza had sex with GTA.
  2. DME
    Nov 3, 2012
    It could of been spectacular. Unfortunately, this game lacks much polish. But, it's still a lot of fun. Cops are much more aggressive than the original Hot Pursuit. As a result, chases are very exciting. Spike strips, armored police cars, SWAT trucks, and road blocks are all present. Races are fast, intense, and challenging. There's plenty to do, the city is designed well, and graphics look nice. Soundtrack is varied, with rap, rock, alternative, and electronic selections. The new EasyDrive menu allows for quick destination selections and vehicle modding. No, you cannot modify the look of your car, but you can modify it's performace (no fine tuning, though). As for the game's flaws... The mini-map is useful for evading pursuits, but it's just awful for navigation. I've ended up taking wrong turns plenty of times due to the fact that the routes I was supposed to take appeared on the mini-map too late. And if you take a wrong turn during a race, you're pretty much screwed and will have to restart. In cop chases, crashing doesn't end the chase (and it shouldn't), but respawning is so unpredictable. It can either screw you over or give you an unfair advantage. Sometimes you'll pick up right from the spot you crashed and sometimes you magically teleport far away from the group of cops that were chasing you. But here's my biggest complaint: Getting busted doesn't do anything. You can have an intense 30 minute pursuit and then finally get trapped, but it doesn't even matter. There's no consequences. You just respawn in another area and get to continue the game without any punishment. That's annoying. Players are better off letting the cops pull them over because the pursuit will end quicker and there's no punishment for it. Two other flaws are the game's limited views (third person and bumper only) and lack of manual transmission. Now, while these flaws seem heavy and game-breaking, they really aren't. I experience the same emotions with Most Wanted as I do with Call of Duty: I'm having a lot of fun playing, but at the same time I'm constantly criticizing it. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2012
    Oh Criterion,what have you done.. By rights,this should be a good game,but its been almost completely ruined by a rudimentary yet astonishingly bad design decision!.. Hence the score,but if this critical flaw gets corrected,i will review my score & review. For now,I'll start with this oversight before i get to the game & its positives..

What on earth were Criterion thinking when they
    failed to implement a normal,staple in-car view?! Yes,thats right,the game has no normal,usable in car cam! & by that i mean bonnet cam or even an equivalent height view.. The game offers a frankly pathetic 'choice' of 2 views only.These views are either a behind car view or an EXTREMELY low bumber in-car view?! The bumper cam is so low,that you would be forgiven for thinking that you have been shrunk & are driving in an extremely tiny but extremely fast go kart or Sinclair C5 or something.. This view is so low,that its unusable,feeling way too fast for skill to be a factor & very limited visibility due to your limited perspective.Who drives a car,hanging off the front of their bonnet with their heads literally an inch off the ground!? I don't like to use & don't use either of those views when i play racing games.The in-car bumper cam is so bad,that i use the behind car cam,which i hate using & never use.THATS how bad the in-car cam is.. I resent being forced to use a view i hate,because of the lack of any usable alternatives.Shocking!!... I literally can't quite believe it,its a travesty to not have a bonnet cam or equivalent height in car view in a racing game,& really struggle to think of any other game thats done this.They are alienating a great many potential gamers with this glaring omission in the game & i can't believe i haven't seen any critic reviews that have picked up on this..

Ok,onto the positives.. The game looks great with some nice graphical effects.The free roaming city(Its great to see there's actually a reason to free roam,unlike their Hot Pursuit a couple of years back)looks great,& they have created a bustling environment,with plenty going on & places to race & go when being chased by the police.The engine sounds are absolutely superb,& definitely improve the feel of the game in itself.The police chases are good fun & theres a fairly decent choice of cars for this type of game & the handling thankfully isn't over arcadey like Hot Pursuit was,though if i'm honest,would have still preferred more realistic,technical handling(this is not a Burnout title after all).As it is though,it plays more like the later Burnout games than Need for Speed,in fact i would say this is more a Burnout game with the Need for Speed name slapped on it.Is it too much to ask for my Need for Speed games to be like,well,Need for Speed?..
    There's plenty of races designed for each individual car,as well as the titular most wanted racers you have to take down,one at a time during the course of the game.Autolog is well implemented too.Sometimes the game feels a bit hollow & soulless,pumping music into your ears while the game makes crashes at every opportunity(whether you want to or not),which Criterion seem obsessed with,along with over the top jumps that a car just wouldn't survive in real life & rubber band racing.. Other racers seem obsessed with smashing into you too,which is annoying when you just want to race.I wish there was an option to turn other cars aggression off,& therefore the rubber band 'racing' feel to it all. I feel like i'm having to play the game how they want me to play it,rather than how i want to play it,especially with the lack of view choices forcing me to use the behind car cam which only exacerbates the imprecise handling as you constantly swerve from side to side..Not good. Having a normal in-car cam could help with precision,if only it had such a view.........

So,to summarize,the game had a lot of potential,& there is fun there to be had,but only if you like your out of car or very low bumber cam views. If your one of the many people that don't use those views like me,then you'll be cursing the game while your playing it,because you have not been catered for & blatently ignored,& your resenting being forced to use a view you don't want to use,when you should be enjoying the game..
    What a waste & such a shame.. Maybe they will patch a proper view in,in which case,as i say will re think my review,but i wont hold my breath..
    I resentfully give this game a 5,because without a usable view,this game is almost unplayable to me..
  4. Jun 20, 2013
    When I played this game i'm like what the hell is this what is this....... its nothing like I expected,that company that made it doomed the whole game its not worth the buy wrong company made it so....
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    If you loved the first most wanted and as a result are thinking of getting this game, well think again. I am not sure how you manage to make a game 7 years after the original and utterly destroy everything that was excellent about the first.

Positives are the graphics, the cars and the soundtrack.
    Negatives, the police chases are repetitive, boring and beyond aggravating whilst the
    first game offered something, frantic, fast paced, destructive and a little stressful, the new game has replaced it with a dumbed down version lacking any of the real fun that was present in the earlier title.
    The car customisation has taken a turn for the worst, no longer can you race to purchase upgrades to take on those harder challenges, now you must beat the race to get the upgrade, you don't progress to better cars you are given whatever car you want. There is no discernible story and no real incentive to play.

The multiplayer is probably good, but I have not tried it as I intended to play through the main game first but since I am horribly disappointed with the game that will no longer be happening.

The biggest problem is simply that they named it most wanted, cashing in on a successful game by implying some sort of re-imagining or sequel then presenting us with a glorified multiplayer arcade racer which if that is what I or most other people had wanted, then it would have been great, but unfortunately what we most wanted was most wanted.

You will have more fun playing through the original again than playing this terrible game.
  6. Jan 15, 2013
    Playing two racing games simultaneously could be considered a poor idea but I think it allowed me to hone in what exactly it is that I enjoy in racing games. With that said, please forgive me if my review feels like I'm pointing out what was different from Forza Horizion. First off, this game is a lot fun to just mess around in and Criterion did a great job of creating a gritty city that feels alive and dangerous. Driving around Fairhaven is filled with close calls and action-movie worthy crashes. But in that lies a huge problem, crashing was way to easy. The driving felt clunky to the point where cars didn't really turn how you expect them to (read: everything felt very unpredictable) and they felt really sticky; however, if you needed to make a 90-degree turn at 150mph, no problem, just grab the brake and drift it out. It seemed like the driving system didn't really have itself together and as such you would find yourself crashing into things constantly throughout races and that was the source of difficulty. Through this drive-crash-repeat gameplay style it exposed another huge issue I had with the game: rubber banding AI. I know Forza Horizon had it to but it was so poorly implemented here I was in awe quite a lot. There were points that I would crash multiple times per lap yet I was still able to catch right up to the AI. Conversely, I would "takedown" a competitor and I would gain a good bit of ground only to see their icon on the map fly up at what could only be 300+mph and then slow down as soon as it got close to me. As a result everything was a close race and it felt like you were never really rewarded for driving a solid race, but only a good last 30 seconds. So given the flaws above I still found myself really enjoying the game. It didn't have the variety I would have liked in races as you find yourself doing the exact same race 5 times with different cars. One thing I think Criterion did a great job tapping into is allowing the player to drive all the cases (minus the 10 Most Wanted) right out of the gate at no cost to them. While I think currency in racing games makes sense, it would be great if this concept was replicated in other games, or maybe releasing a class of cars at each stage or something to that effect. So if it wasn't obvious by now I think this was the lesser of the two racing games from 2012, but was still a lot of fun to play and so much so that I think I'll get back into the NFS franchise after a hiatus since Pro Street. I've heard the online is really good so maybe I'll give that a shot but I get aggravated very easily by people messing around online rather than actually trying to play. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    Whether you enjoy this game is totally down to your expectations, as Need for Speed fans seem to love it while I and other Burnout fans find this average at best. I'm never comfortable with open world racers though Burnout Paradise was the exception to the rule, this however just is too average. The handling is a cross between arcade and well a bad simulator, after a while you do get used to it but things get worse as all the cars virtually handle the same which gives little incentive to try new cars. Races are exciting but poorly structured, and the mini map is no help at all. Most races you have to remember the routes to take, which can get frustrating. The environment feels lifeless but look great, and online seems really devoid of excitement. I strongly urge Criterion to restore the Burnout series with a proper Burnout structured game, ditch this open world nonsense! Expand
  8. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is by no means perfect, but also not necessarily a bad game, either. It would be a lie if I said I didn't enjoy this game, even a little bit, because I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. Being a major Burnout fan, along with being an avid fan of NFS games, I thought that a NFS with similar mechanics to Burnout would be ideal. Of course, this game isn't really NFS at all, more like a weird spin off game. None of the mechanics or themes are similar to the older games of the franchise, and I can safely stand by those that believe this is a dirtying of the Most Wanted name.

However, if we disregard the fact that they labelled this with such an absurd title, then we can finally enjoy what the game REALLY is. If Criterion set up their own franchise with an entirely different name, then I believe this game would not have crashed as hard as it did. I can't simply remove points because of a namesake; that's just ridiculous. Nobody was forced to buy this, and nobody was forced to akin this game to the original Most Wanted. People chose to do this because of the title, but simple research shows that this game is NOTHING like the original Most Wanted. So why complain? It was a cheap shot, but anyone with common sense would look beyond it. The game itself is fun; multiple vehicles with varying handling, each with their own set events to complete to unlock new performance modules. Every action is simple and intuitive via easydrive, though the world map is a little confusing, with no labeling of roads or districts, and is not even set in a satellite view to clearly display what lies where. This can get very confusing rather quickly for first time players, but overlooking this, it's not such a major problem.

The pursuits aren't strictly riveting, and once you get used to them, they are simply too easy. After a while it gets a little tedious, and is really just a distraction.

The races can be interesting, and they're is a host of several different event types; the basic sprint and circuit races, along with ambush events in which you must evade the police in as short a time as possible, and an event type where you must retain an optimal speed to keep your average speed as high as possible to achieve the gold medals. This variation is very welcome, and each event proves to be an interesting challenge.

I'll admit that the game isn't a masterpiece, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. If I had the choice, I would rate it 6.5/10. However, since I can't, I'll give it a six just to appease those that feel a little cheated with this installment.
  9. Jun 3, 2013
    This is a very hard game to review. I have nothing Bad to say about the game but nothing good either. Having played the older version of this game and then having played the new version I can't say that the games felt overly different. Criterion have improved the handling models of the cars and the cars themselves look pretty good and accurate (The damage models are also pretty realistic). The issue I have is that the game is in no way gripping. All the cars have almost exactly the same events attached to them which get very repetitive. during the Most Wanted take downs the cars would drive into walls or down dead ends making it at times simple to take them out. AI card can drive over spike strips with no damage to tyres. I did not notice an onscreen clock which meant you could not predict day/night cycles and the camera angles are awful. they only allow you two options and neither are good. The behind car angle felt sloppy and you did not have an in car angle only a front bumper angle. It just sucked out the life of the game a bit. I will not say this game is unplayable and not worth a look into if you like racers in a similar vein (Split/Second, Blur, NFS Hot Pursuit etc) but as an arcade racer it just did not have enough to get my attention or enough to keep the enjoyment up. Expand
  10. May 9, 2014
    it's very cool play it alone, chasing police, winning cars, racing, finally
    but this game is much better to play online
    the 2005's NFSMW is much better than this, not by the item nostalgia, but for fun
  11. Oct 31, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and buy Need for Speed: Most Wanted right now. Criterion's last reboot of the popular Hot Pursuit series left many fans wanting, including myself. This new entry also by Criterion lends its hand to another famous entry from like 7 years ago. This is the best entry in the Need for Speed series in a very long time and is one of the best arcade racers ever made. Just like Hot Pursuit there is no story and the only goal you have is to reach the top of the Most Wanted list. How do you do that? Well, it's entirely up to you. There is often so much to do that it is mind boggling. You move up the Most Wanted list by earning speed points which you get by drifting, driving in oncoming traffic, near misses, air time, completing races, and of course pursuits. The only one of these you can't do free roam is the race and if you don't want to tackle races you don't necessarily have to. It is strongly encouraged though and every race can give you upgrades to your cars. Did I mention how many cars there are? because there are over 100 and once you find them in the world they are unlocked and you can switch at any time. Each car has their own set of challenges to complete. The entire game encourages competition with your friends via leaderboards too. Who has the fastest time on a race? on a speed camera? who has the highest jump for a billboard? You're job is to knock your friends off that list and conquer the leaderboard yourself. The new iteration of Most Wanted should be a most wanted title and is some of the most fun I've had with an arcade racer. Period. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2012
    This is such a disappointment, and to call this game Most Wanted is blasphemy. The original is one of the best racing games ever, but this game just feels like a mess. Burnout Paradise was a great game, but I didn't play that game when I felt like playing Need For Speed, so perhaps they should have just called this game something else. Honestly, Forza Horizon feels more like the old Most Wanted to me than this game does. The cars in this new MW feel limp and sound weird, the customization options from the original MW are gone and now you get parts from winning races instead of buying them when you earned enough money. It all just feels streamlined the wrong way, as though EA tried to trim out things that weren't fun but ended up trimming some of the bast parts of racing games. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    This game has no soul at all. Taking down the most wanted rivals is completely boring. There is no character associated with a vehicle, no story at all. It's simply unlock a most wanted challenge and then beat it, get car, rinse, repeat. Customization is gone completely as all mods are the same for each vehicle and you unlock them in the same generic races over and over again. The online is kind of hit or miss for me...they reward crashing WAY too much. Nobody races with any finesse they just fly around slamming into you all the time. And WTF is up with the speed trials and challenge events!?! This is supposed to be a racing game!! In some events you actually have to try and PARK your car longer than anyone else in a specific spot!! That's right...the object is to PARK your car?!?! What the heck is Criterion thinking!?!?! After the awesomeness that was NFS: The Run, I had high hopes for this game but if you ask me Criterion screwed up just about every single aspect of this game and sucked all the fun right out of the online game. This is definitely one to avoid for sure. Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2013
    This is a racing game, so the NFS series is the latest part of me did not meet your expectations. The Run is even better than that, because there were still cars can be controlled, but it could not. Unbreakable prevented cars, can be performed only in third place in racing. But what is nice to have an open-world game, and the graphics are nice and all parts of the city early in the game has been acquired and car. But even so, the game is mediocre. Expand
  15. Oct 31, 2012
    While some (including myself) may question EA's decision in naming this "Most Wanted", one cannot deny that Criterion (as usual) produced a stellar, addicting racing game. Sure, it's not the same as 2005's Most Wanted, but it's still a fun, gorgeous, fantastic racing game, easily one of the best of the year.
  16. Mar 18, 2013
    Overall it was a rushed game and is not like the ORIGINAL Most Wanted game. They actually ruined the series and also letting ''Top Youtubers'' play it first so users can get a look at the game was a horrible mistake.
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    When this game was revealed at E3 2012, I was excited. We haven't been given a outstandingly good NFS game in a few years and with the number of bad release in it's name (The Run, Hot pursuit, Pro street to name a few), I felt like the franchise was slowly dying. This game I thought would pick things back up. I could not have been more wrong.
    With the title of "NFS Most Wanted" comes a
    great burden to take the name of what I feel was the last great NFS game released in 2005. Sadly, this game does not live up to expectations. There is literally NO story at all. simply do some races and then do one more. Rinse and repeat. The campaign mode can simply be beaten just by playing in the obviously focused online multiplayer. Granted, the online offers a lot of variation but that is not what a game needs. A game to be able to stand on single player which this game just does not. The multiplayer itself is extremely unfair to new players of this game as they can be instantly paired up with some players who have unlocked the higher tier cars, offering new players no enjoyment. All in all, this game is a disappointment and a possible seal in the NFS future. Expand
  18. Nov 2, 2012
    NFS: Most Wanted is a superb game that blends fun, and high octane action together seamlessly. The game's single player may be short if all you do is chase after the "top-10" but, the real play value and the variety of areas to drive around is what gives this game literally limitless longevity. Coupled, with the high-speed adrenaline styled multiplayer. This game is a a 9/10. Reason being, is that firstly this game does right with making the multiplayer as wacky as possible, with mods such as "Takedown", "Highest-Jump", and "Racing", with other various mods. NFS: Most Wanted feels similar to Burnout, and has some Split Second multiplayer for those who are die-hard racing fans. The game this time around isn't more so a racing game for the casual racing game, but more so a game for anyone who wants to pick up a game for short too long bursts of gameplay. Whether, or not you're an experienced racer gamer, this game is meant for everyone and does well with its gorgeous scenery, the off-road ramps, and the games gameplay over all. The game falls short though in a lackluster storyline, there is no real depth, and this time around there's only two views when driving. Third person, and first-person with just the road and no view this time around with the front view of your cars bumper. Overall, this game is stellar, and is worth buying for both the online aspects, and the single-player aspects aside. Expand
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    This is how Criterion think Need for Speed could and should be. I must say they have definitely freshen up the entire series with revolution in gameplay and a tribute to one of the best racing game ever, Most Wanted.
    This might not be the Most Wanted sequel you have been expecting for a long time, but this is really a masterpiece. A open-world that worth exploring, customization
    on-the-fly. Even without the customization system it's still a really great NFS.
    Criterion, you're the man.
  20. Mar 31, 2013
    Poorly executed game that lacks the original Most Wanted's theme. The charm that the previous Need for Speed games like Most Wanted and Carbon is completely gone from the game. Lack of creativity by making the player drive around the city and randomly winning races for absolutely no reason whatsoever. This is not the Need for Speed game that we have been waiting years for..
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    Really disappointed. Only 2 camera angles, hard to see checkpoints, stupid crash animations. NFS The Run was better than this! I have played every single NFS title, it's obvious EA are paying for high reviews because I have no idea how the game is scoring so well critically, whilst the customers are unhappy with this product.
  22. Jan 1, 2013
    it's a dumb down burnout paradise the music get's old fast it should not be called Need for Speed: Most Wanted it's burnout paradise 2 the Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2005 is way better they did not do well by it
  23. Oct 31, 2012
    unbelievable game, the game Need for Speed game ever released. It got a 9 instead of 10 due to lack of dual screen mode. The best NFS game ever released, love it
  24. Apr 11, 2013
    Load of crap, constant pauses, car feels likes its floating on the road no feeling of control. Burnout paradise was pure genius this is pure junk, looks good but fails in just about every other way, avoid.
  25. Jan 28, 2013
    Total garbage. If you enjoy racing games such as Forza, Gran Turismo, Dirt, or anything remotely realistic don't even bother with this. You would be wasting your money. The controls and gameplay are simply horrid. The graphics are great, but when the gameplay is this terrible there's no way to put up with it.
  26. Nov 19, 2012
    I was looking very forward to this game. I bought it the day it came out, and have already sold it after becoming the number 1 'most wanted'. What a disappointment. Great graphics, and detail. Awesome transitions into the races, but the fun pretty much stopped there. The races were just repetitive after the first 4 or 5 cars. The 'most wanted' races lacked any depth or story, and anything that made it exciting to get the new car. A HUGE world, and only a handful of races. I missed the knockout races, the drift races, the speed camera races. A 9 for my anticipation... but a sad 4 for my experience. Expand
  27. Dec 13, 2012
    I really liked burnout paradise so it wasnt to my surprise that i really liked this game. I have no idea what the other need for speed games are like so i see this game purely for what it is And that is pure fun! My only gripe is most of the music isnt to my taste and i would rather input my own. Also i hear two songs being played at the same time sometimes which is annoying that must be a glitch which should be patched. I would like to see more scenic routes aswel Its also a shame theres no real punishment getting caught by the po po. I think there should be some kind of fine like having your car impounded and having to earn it back. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    It must be said, I HATE racing games. I'm never very good at it, but I am enjoying this game. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the cars are fabulous, and I'm really having a good time playing online trying to take my friends out in races. There are some challenging races but some can be a bit dull unless you hit a cop car and start a chase.They LOSE a point for the weird advertising that happens mid game! How weird to shove product placement after you win or lose a race. For me the fun is in the co-op, and I don't play it at all unless my friends are online. There's no real campaign, no sort of story telling or anything like that. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2012
    Looks good, umm that's it really,why is it that regardless of the make of car the wheels and tyres have been replaced by ball bearings. In a nut shell the physics of driving are diabolical, all cars drive the same, on ice !! This has put me off this game, not sure what they were trying to achieve here, but it has failed !!
  30. Jan 28, 2013
    Trash game without soul. Multiplayer Burnout clone.
    They uses MW name, and now no sequel for original. Never.

1. Jan 11, 2013
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted is caught between two worlds. The game can't quite decide if it wants to be an arcade or a simulation racing game, and it takes a lot to get used to this in-between zone it occupies. That said, once the adjustment period is over, there is a lot of enjoyment to be had when it's not being frustrating.
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    A technically sound and entertaining sandbox for arcade racers. The name should be Need for Burnout, though. [Dec 2012]
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    An open world street racer set in an interesting city. There's a lot of things to do, but they get pretty repetitive after a while. The autolog for online competition is brilliant though.