5.3

Sep 8, 2006
    Truely the best EA game I've ever owned. A remarkable achievment
  2. MarkW.
    Sep 14, 2006
    A simple, pure, fun game.
  3. JonN.
    Sep 27, 2006
    Best NG sports game on the market. Wicked controls...feels like you are playing hockey.
  4. RedwingsRockRangersSuck
    Jan 17, 2007
    The best game with out a dout. Skill stick makes it the best golies save are awesome looking too, but I can make awesome moves between my legs or anything so that could be better.
  5. Superyoma
    Sep 11, 2006
    Skill stick and watching the goalies is next level sports gaming!
  6. DebL.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Awesome game, love the new controls and goalies look and play fantastic.
  7. DaveK.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Buy it now...play 10 games to get used to the controls...and you will be very happy.
  8. SS
    Sep 17, 2006
    It's amazing! I love that you learn how to shoot, learn how to skate, deke and check, and learn how to pass. I suppose it would be harder for a casual gamer, but I love that playing this game involves skill. I think it's the best NHL since 96
  9. Bobbobbo
    Sep 18, 2006
    The best game I have ever played.
  10. J.A.
    Sep 13, 2006
    EA knows hockey and "It's in the game". Graphics are truly next gen and the new control setup work perfectly. This game has it all. From the stitching on the players jerseys to realistic puck physics. If you love hockey you will love NHL o7. One of the developers actually read through the entire Collective Barganing Agreement in order to make Dynasty mode authentic. EA paid attention EA knows hockey and "It's in the game". Graphics are truly next gen and the new control setup work perfectly. This game has it all. From the stitching on the players jerseys to realistic puck physics. If you love hockey you will love NHL o7. One of the developers actually read through the entire Collective Barganing Agreement in order to make Dynasty mode authentic. EA paid attention to every detail. Expand
  11. KublaG.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Wicked game! Visuals are amazing, and the new controls are very intuitive. NHL 07 rocks, can't wait to see how it improves in NHL 08!
  12. WarrenL.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Love the new controls. Awesome game EA. You have outdone your competition.
  13. CharlieC
    Sep 21, 2006
    Awesome, blows 2K away. The new controls rule!
  14. JohnCrew
    Sep 21, 2006
    Hey...it would be nice if 2K fanboys didn't come on here in groups and give NHL low ratings...it just proves how afraid the 2K fanboys are of NHL 07...the best hockey game on the market by far...go back to your 2K website and stay there. Besides it won't change the HIGHER Metacritic given by real reviewers, and it won't change the minds of consumers either seeing that NHL 07Hey...it would be nice if 2K fanboys didn't come on here in groups and give NHL low ratings...it just proves how afraid the 2K fanboys are of NHL 07...the best hockey game on the market by far...go back to your 2K website and stay there. Besides it won't change the HIGHER Metacritic given by real reviewers, and it won't change the minds of consumers either seeing that NHL 07 is outselling NHL 2K7 by about 20 to 1. Expand
  15. ReelWorld
    Sep 15, 2006
    Graphically stunning. The new control scheme certainly adds challenge to the game from the get-go and does require a learning curve. Goalie animations are much improved and the cheap goals are a thing of the past mostly. Replay value is right up there and this could quite honestly be the best sports game that EA has released to date!
  16. ChristopherS.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Best-Hockey-Game-Ever. Anyone who rates this below an 8 is nuts and likely hasn't got past the game's learning curve. There are some small glitches, and that is the only reason it's not a 10.
  17. Adam
    Oct 4, 2006
    I haven't had this much fun playing a sports game in a long time. Yah, there should have been a more next-gen checking system and few more online/offline options. All and all though what it comes down to is playing hockey and this game does on the ice what every hocky game should do from now on. and that is...letting us control the stick. Thanks EA.
  18. Brysonic
    Sep 10, 2006
    The new controls are much more intuitive. Nice to finally see some inovation...
  19. GatorB.
    Nov 8, 2006
    This is an excellent hockey game. That being said, I agree that it is probably one year off from being a perfect hockey game. EA has put down a great foundation. I
  20. MichaelM.
    Dec 26, 2006
    I'm speaking as a hockey noob, but this game is so much fun to play (once I worked out the rules). Very intuitive. I just wish there was more stuff to do... and that GB were better.
  21. AtomH.
    Sep 14, 2006
    The best hockey game made in the last 10 years.
  22. TP
    Sep 17, 2006
    Great game, got some bugs but it really paves the way for a improvement in EAs 2nd shot at Next Gen in NHL 08.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Closest thing to real hockey I've ever played...few minor bugs like the computer shot totals, but forgivable considering this is the first effort for next gen...great job EA!
  24. RobE.
    Sep 18, 2006
    The game plays more like real hockey then its predecessors.
  25. LawrenceM.
    Sep 18, 2006
    NHL 2007 for the Xbox 360 is the best hockey videogame I've played since NHL 94, and that's saying something. The goal variety is amazing, the puck physics are phenominal, and for once the opposing goalies have individual characteristics and styles. EA has finally managed to pump out a fun to play simulation hockey game.
  26. RichardS.
    Apr 11, 2007
    An excellent game! When I played my first game I thought "this sucks!". I have since played many hours and now think it's thebest hockey game, if not best sports game I've played. I have been a hockey game fan since the Sega Mega Drive days of NHL 92 and NHLPA 93. I loved the speed and freedom of movement. When I bought my xbox I played NHL 2K4 and 2K5 but found them both really An excellent game! When I played my first game I thought "this sucks!". I have since played many hours and now think it's thebest hockey game, if not best sports game I've played. I have been a hockey game fan since the Sega Mega Drive days of NHL 92 and NHLPA 93. I loved the speed and freedom of movement. When I bought my xbox I played NHL 2K4 and 2K5 but found them both really frustrating - it was impossible to pass the puck accurately and every goal I scored was a breakaway as passing was a no-no. I tried to set up good goals but it was impossible. I stuck with the 2K versions as people said the EA games were too arcadey and rubbish. I think NHL 07 is brilliant - I score fantastic, realistic goals with loads of free movement, intricate passing, and attacking moves. I don't understand the other posters' complaints, passing is very well done (I mainly play international games though) and shooting is great too. My only complaints: sometimes I shoot from way out and score yet with no backlift. Also the commentary is too repetitive. Otherwise I am loving it. Expand
  27. AdamN.
    Dec 27, 2006
    All the people who dont like this game want the same old game where you always win a 7-6 game. EA has made this game as realistic as possible at this time. The old games were SOOOOO unrealistic. I don't want to be able to destroy every offensive player by hitting Y, and then usig unrealistic turbo to blow by the defenders and score with the same move. I want a real game where you All the people who dont like this game want the same old game where you always win a 7-6 game. EA has made this game as realistic as possible at this time. The old games were SOOOOO unrealistic. I don't want to be able to destroy every offensive player by hitting Y, and then usig unrealistic turbo to blow by the defenders and score with the same move. I want a real game where you fight in the corner, and then set up plays to score. One Timers aren't automatic goals anymore, and the goalies dont slide and stack the pads on ever play like in nhl 06. EA shouldnt change a single thing about the gameplay. You need to grow a pair and learn how to actually play a realistic hockey game. Expand

The Skills Stick alone make NHL 07 a completely different game and one worthy of the new NHL. [Oct. 2006, p.96]
    A great hockey game, pure and simple...NHL 07 represents the first truly next-generation gameplay innovation.
  3. The bar has been raised. Stellar graphics and a great new stick/shooting system are the hallmarks of this title. While perhaps a little light, yet, on the multiplayer aspects, the game does have a solid franchise mode and is just pure fun to play.