NHL 08 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Ric
    Sep 11, 2007
    People claim that this is the most realistic hockey?? Try the poke check and keep your finger on the RB button...Does that look like a player skating or a rag doll floating on the ice with his arm permanently in a locked position. That for me, totally ruins the experience!! Playing offence is fun but on defense the controls and AI are terrible. I thought this was EA's year but I may People claim that this is the most realistic hockey?? Try the poke check and keep your finger on the RB button...Does that look like a player skating or a rag doll floating on the ice with his arm permanently in a locked position. That for me, totally ruins the experience!! Playing offence is fun but on defense the controls and AI are terrible. I thought this was EA's year but I may have to give 2K a look again. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Yes, NHL 08 can feel challenging and hard, but it rewards you with the sport's best representation in videogame form that we've seen yet. [Oct 2007, p.73]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    08 is the best hockey game in years. [Oct 2007, p.87]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    The most fun NHL game to come out in a long time. The smooth skating and the nicely flowing action make it an enjoyable hockey experience. The AI could still use some fine-tuning, though. [Sept 2007]