6.5

1. JamesA.
    Dec 21, 2006
    This game needs work but it is on the right track. First the good, if you like Dynasty Warriors or Kingdom Under Fire this game is for you. (Made by the KUF people.) This game has quite a few items you can collect along the way but most don't have a use except the weapons. Another good is how many guys are o the screen/level. If you beat any level, you will probably kill around 2000 This game needs work but it is on the right track. First the good, if you like Dynasty Warriors or Kingdom Under Fire this game is for you. (Made by the KUF people.) This game has quite a few items you can collect along the way but most don't have a use except the weapons. Another good is how many guys are o the screen/level. If you beat any level, you will probably kill around 2000 guys. Another good is that your guys follow you unlike Dynasty Warriors. Also, the graphics in this game are okay. Now for the bad. This game is frustrating. If u don't replay easier levels to level up your character, you'll spent lost of time getting mad. For example, your first character's last level is 50 min long with 2 different bosses and your guys all die and there is no checkpoints. So you have to replay levels to boost your level. This game can get old pretty fast. The achievements are pretty hard to get so be ready for a few months to years to totally beat this game. RENT IT FIRST. Expand
  2. PimB.
    Feb 18, 2007
    Its a very addictive game that never ends.
  3. ZainI.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Ugly, old, glitched, half-cooked...ABSTAIN from this!
  4. FrankW.
    Aug 19, 2006
    Honestly....if a lot of enemies on 1 screen is what you want, play Dead Rising....atleast I can tell that's a next gen game...N3 is a failure...The gameplay is just wrong...Voice acting is horrible...Character designs are generic Korean MMORPG style... No surprise at at all...I'm returning this game.
  5. DarrenD.
    Oct 1, 2007
    Repetetive, repetetive and repetetive. I was willijg to give it a go but it was too bad a game to even bother after the first few levels. Unless you like mashing buttons and hacking and slashing constantly then give it a miss.
  6. MikeM.
    Sep 30, 2007
    This game is absolutely miserable. and im not just talking about the HORRENDOUS voice acting and dialogue, and mediocre story. no, its extremely repetitive, and gets boring after the first half hour. it took everything dynasty warriors had, and made it all go wrong. if you can get past some of the most stressful game playing ive ever gone through, maybe youll find a good game. but i This game is absolutely miserable. and im not just talking about the HORRENDOUS voice acting and dialogue, and mediocre story. no, its extremely repetitive, and gets boring after the first half hour. it took everything dynasty warriors had, and made it all go wrong. if you can get past some of the most stressful game playing ive ever gone through, maybe youll find a good game. but i didnt. i just found more of the same thing to kill. Expand
  7. lycos8
    Feb 29, 2008
    Don't deceived by the beautiful cut-scenes; they serve as a shell to a repetitive and poorly designed game. The animations are poor and the environment is as plain and boring as it could be. The story-line is that of a B-rated movie and the voice-acting is of similar quality. If mindlessly mashing your controller's buttons is your thing, by all means, purchase this game; if not,Don't deceived by the beautiful cut-scenes; they serve as a shell to a repetitive and poorly designed game. The animations are poor and the environment is as plain and boring as it could be. The story-line is that of a B-rated movie and the voice-acting is of similar quality. If mindlessly mashing your controller's buttons is your thing, by all means, purchase this game; if not, spend your money elsewhere. Expand
  8. UUu-_-
    Aug 19, 2006
    How could they claim this is a next-gen game....? Chracter animations and physics just seems wrong...Although a lot of characters on 1 screen the game is just not fun to play. You dont really get the feeling you are really slicing so many opponents. Dynasty Warriors series does that much better...
  9. oliverblomgren
    Feb 20, 2008
    This game is one of the most intresting games ever, the name 99 nights come from that King of the Nights rule 99 nights over the land, untill human and goblins destroy him on the 100 night. the game is about the both side, about humans and goblins fight ishoter becasue of the cristals of light and darkness. The King of the Nights did so it begin a war betwin humans and goblins so he cudThis game is one of the most intresting games ever, the name 99 nights come from that King of the Nights rule 99 nights over the land, untill human and goblins destroy him on the 100 night. the game is about the both side, about humans and goblins fight ishoter becasue of the cristals of light and darkness. The King of the Nights did so it begin a war betwin humans and goblins so he cud rule the land ones again... bad things: u run to slow, when u die u have to restart on from the begining on the map, grafic cud be little better and when u are fighting some hits dont do any dmg, Expand
  10. RicheP.
    Aug 14, 2006
    this game is fatastic as far a gamplay goes,I've never seen thismany enemies doing diffrent things on one screen.torhat saidth should been put out for the x-box 1 system. wait til it becomes greatest hits price but definately buy fun game!
  11. BruinsFan
    Aug 15, 2006
    *A button mashers wet dream* If you like Xbox graphics, no story, confusing tactics, and want to play your games with one hand and one button, well its your lucky day. Or if your a PS2/3 fanboy and your looking for a reason to bash a 360 game, here it is. Easily one of the worst 360 titles the new Neg-Gen system has to offer. Granted huge battle, but they take frame rate hits when the *A button mashers wet dream* If you like Xbox graphics, no story, confusing tactics, and want to play your games with one hand and one button, well its your lucky day. Or if your a PS2/3 fanboy and your looking for a reason to bash a 360 game, here it is. Easily one of the worst 360 titles the new Neg-Gen system has to offer. Granted huge battle, but they take frame rate hits when the action gets going. The player need only mash on a sinlge button to attain victory, (though with this games its always going to be defeat). Now is where I would recommend renting it before you buy it, not this time, dont waste your money. Expand
  12. TheBigmac
    Aug 22, 2006
    This is what videogames should be about. Pure Fun. Nothing more, nothing else. No simulated reality, Just plain fun. And finally a great game for the 360 for all of us who hate FPS and don't lose any sleep over Madden of Ghost Recon Games. The further you advance, the more powerful you become, cooles powers you obtain, It rocks. Rent it firts thou.
  13. AndrewS.
    Oct 12, 2006
    This is an awesome game especially if your into the Dynasty Warriors games. Fantastic graphics and great gameplay. The only thing lacking is that each character you use has basically the same story line!!
  14. ACE5
    Oct 27, 2006
    I usually don't like games of this sort... but, N3 changed my mind. This game has kept me hooked from the time I started playing it, until I beat it. I did get a little frustrated during some parts of the game, but I never felt that I was being cheated. I always had the kind of weapon I needed. But usually I would do something stupid and get killed. So then I would try some different I usually don't like games of this sort... but, N3 changed my mind. This game has kept me hooked from the time I started playing it, until I beat it. I did get a little frustrated during some parts of the game, but I never felt that I was being cheated. I always had the kind of weapon I needed. But usually I would do something stupid and get killed. So then I would try some different button combinations and such, and next thing you know, I excel to the next level. N3 gets alot of respect points in my book. Because it doesn't let players become spoiled and get a "god" like complex, however it makes a player feel powerful in the game, but reminds them that they are not immortal. And that they wont just be able to blaze through everyone effortlessly. Expand
  15. CarcasGalactic
    Aug 26, 2006
    Gets a seven. Talking is way off from the lips. Going for 50 min and then having to do it all over again when you die, just gay. Killing killing killing is sort of fun. Nice graphics is the movies. Nice to see the main character grap your boobs in the opening movie. Could have been alot better. If you have nothing better to do it's a good way to get gammer score.
  16. HarryL.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Good graphics but there's still a lot to improve on. Like the saving system!
  17. ChrisD.
    Dec 5, 2007
    Not the best game, but if you've never played a hack and slash game before (most of the population hasnt) then you'll love this. Just don't micromanage and you'll do really good.
  18. LionelE.
    Nov 16, 2007
    If you want to press one button a lot for a couple of hours, this is your game. If you want any kind of tactical depth, look elsewhere.
  19. Sep 1, 2010
    This game is just plain bad! I hated it so much I had to finish it as some sort of penance for buying it in the first place.
    If i wanted to push just one button all the time, I would have stayed with my ex-wife!.
  20. Jun 6, 2012
    This is one of the worst games that I have ever played. Horrible voice acting? Check. Glitches? Check. Completely unfair boss fights with an even worse save system? Check. They can't even take the time to make the horrible voice acting match up with the mouths moving! I am so glad that I payed $5 for this putrid piece of trash but now I am starting to think THAT was wasting money. IThis is one of the worst games that I have ever played. Horrible voice acting? Check. Glitches? Check. Completely unfair boss fights with an even worse save system? Check. They can't even take the time to make the horrible voice acting match up with the mouths moving! I am so glad that I payed $5 for this putrid piece of trash but now I am starting to think THAT was wasting money. I probably will never play this game again, not even for the achievements. This game is horrible. Expand
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    A pretty, but rather bland, slasher that tries too hard to be Dynasty Warriors. There really isn't anything wrong with this game, but there isn't really anything right either. Combat is a bit fun at first, but get terribly repetitive after a while. For an early Xbox 360 title, it is visually impressive, at least when it came out.

Overall: A rather generic Dynasty style third person

Overall:
    A rather generic Dynasty style third person slasher that is fun for a little while, but after a weekend of playing, you'll be through with it.
  22. May 30, 2013
    A fun little game where you slaughter hundreds of soldiers with one fatal sword swing. Get's a bet boring doing it over and over, but it was still enjoyable.
  23. Oct 19, 2014
    Aweful execution and a complete waste of money. Glitches, bad bosses. bad voice acting, bad scripting, just an all out BAD game.Glad I didn't pay full price and got it on sale.

1. Ninety-Nine Nights deserves a better score... That's a strange ways to put it, but it comes from the fact that its most grating flaws occur at such a fundamental level that it's a mystery they were ever tolerated at all. [JPN Import; June 2006, p.89]
  2. Half epic, half irritating slash-'em-up that's as grand as it is sloppy. [July 2006, p.69]
  3. Most of the time Ninety-Nine Nights does look like a game which befits the ‘next-gen’ tag, and yet periodically it embarrasses itself with ‘previous-gen’ foibles. Playing N3 is a frustrating experience. [July 2006, p.124]