6.8

1. Aug 18, 2013
    I'll give this game one thing, it got me excited through the whole campaign, the action scenes and QTE's are simply insane, but, as a whole, it's a style over substance game. Gameplay outside of the "OMAGAH THAT IZ AWSOM" scenes is nothing else them shallow, you have two attack buttons that you use to strike the enemies with your different types of swords and you can use your shuriken that comes with three diferrent flavors too burn, cut, or shock your foes, but, you really doesn't have to do much than just press the X button to win, at least with the normal foes.
    You see, this is the problem, outside of the game action packed moments where you are fighting gigantic flying larvas in the sky or chasing a giant yakuza dog and his medusa daughter with a tank, the game feels boring and uninspiring, simply because there's not much else in this game than that.
    The graphics aren't that special or unique in this game, facial expressions are HORRIBLE, just terrible, try to look into a characters face while his laughing or screaming and try not to be scared by that Character models are okay, nothing special with the exception of Ken, the protagonist and some of the monsters you fight. One thing that shines for me in this game is the clothing customization, it is really cool and you can just make your character look even more badass than he already is. Weapons cannot be customized but they can be upgraded, which changes their appereance and gives you new combos and special attacks, and talking about extras... well, there aren't that much in fact.
    This is a one-time playthrough game, and you should have it clear when you buy it, after you beat it, there's not much to be done. You can look for some gems that will ugprade your health and karma (You'll need that to use the Ninja Vision and the Shuriken attacks) and some pieces of clothing to customize but, aside from that, that's it, and this resumes Ninja Blade, a huge and kinda dissapointing "That's It".
  2. May 30, 2013
    This game lacks originality as it is clear that it's heavily "inspired" by Ninja Gaiden, but I can't say this is a bad game. It's a very good game, but the main character was clearly a bit of a rip off from Ryu Hayabusa, but the story was it's own thing. Not bad, but could've been better.
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is just awful, the constant quick time events make the game boring and repetitive, not to mention frustrating when you have to do the same bit over and over, The Gameplay is average at best and for new gamers even easy mode is hard especially since the first level can take around 1 and a half hours to finish. The game also over estimates its own replay value as if your an achievement hunter requires you to do multiple playthroughs when most cant bare to do one. This is a most definitely to avoid game, it's nothing like Ninja Gaiden,plus I really don't see why this was made because of Ninja Gaiden, the game offers nothing more than Ninja Gaiden if not less. So SAVE your money, not worth the buy. Expand
  4. Oct 23, 2011
    Ninja Blade is a bad game because it has terrible graphics,awful Sound and defective Gameplay,is a game that I hate and I do not recommend to anyone!!!!!!
  5. May 30, 2013

1. In closing, Ninja Blade offers a welcome slice of action gaming that is not only simple, but effective at the same time.
  2. If you don’t care about the plot and just want to run around hacking at things, this is the game for you.
  3. We originally had this down as "Ninja Gaiden Lite". We were wrong. Tedious. [May 2009, p.81]