7.2

1. Apr 13, 2013
    This game is better than Ninja Gaiden 3, and that's not saying much. They added back the ultimate attacks, obliteration attacks and there are plenty of weapons to choose from. With that being said, the gameplay is still dull. This new Team Ninja doesn't have a clue as to what made previous Ninja Gaidens fun, yet challenging. This game throws you in a room and sends wave after waves ofThis game is better than Ninja Gaiden 3, and that's not saying much. They added back the ultimate attacks, obliteration attacks and there are plenty of weapons to choose from. With that being said, the gameplay is still dull. This new Team Ninja doesn't have a clue as to what made previous Ninja Gaidens fun, yet challenging. This game throws you in a room and sends wave after waves of enemies all while enemies are in the back shooting rockets at you. Enemies won't attack you, they run behind you and spam grabs. This is the same thing that happened in the first one and it hasn't changed. Most of the bosses only damage you with throws. All in all, it is better than the first, but still, this game isn't fun. Wait until the price goes down, if you must have it. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    I'm happy that Team Ninja at least TRIED to make it better, but to be honest, it doesn't justify another purchase or playthrough, even at a discounted price.

I really can't see what is so different other than a couple of new levels and some generally cheap difficulty. And before you say "You're just bad at the game", I have beaten Black, 2 and original three all on Master Ninja

And before you say "You're just bad at the game", I have beaten Black, 2 and original three all on Master Ninja (ultimate ninja for 3 with dlc). More importantly I've beaten this game on all difficulties and yes, it's got some pretty cheap design.

To me, this is actually less enjoyable than the vanilla version. Why? Because while 3 was dumbed down, incredibly boring and easy, this is the same game, with more weapons and ninpo that aren't very useful. The major difference here though,is that it's still very boring, but it's so incredibly frustrating for wrong reasons.

The actual combat itself is the same, sure there are new weapons and ninpo but that's really it. From my experience, all they did was change the enemies so that the do way more damage and block most of your attacks unless you do something very specific to break their block. Same thing for the Reagent of the Mask. Just like in 3, he's really annoying.

If you like Ninja Gaiden for it's actual challenge, don't buy this.

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 28, 2013
    There's no actual reason for this. [June 2013, p.91]
  2. May 28, 2013
    The game is still enjoyable, taking down a metallic T-Rex and seeing those limbs fly off in all directions as your katana rips through an enemy’s body is extremely satisfying. The issue is that the game feels empty, soulless; Tecmo seem to have released it for the sole reason to generate additional revenue as they no doubt begin designing Ninja Gaiden 4.
  3. May 6, 2013
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is a decent action game, but not quite at the level of recent DmC: Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising Revengance.