Omega Five Xbox 360

8.4

1. Andyman
    Jan 12, 2008
    Maybe, just maybe, someday a scrolling shooter developer will wake up and realize that by including only one ridiculously high level of difficulty they're effectively excluding anyone and everyone who doesn't possess the twitch reflexes of an 11-year-old. When that day comes, the other 99.99% of the population might actually enjoy a game like this. Amusingly, the developer of Maybe, just maybe, someday a scrolling shooter developer will wake up and realize that by including only one ridiculously high level of difficulty they're effectively excluding anyone and everyone who doesn't possess the twitch reflexes of an 11-year-old. When that day comes, the other 99.99% of the population might actually enjoy a game like this. Amusingly, the developer of Omega Five predicted my score - it's a 5 all the way - as in, 5 minutes of utter frustration followed by the 5 seconds it took to delete this massive disappointment from my 360's hard drive. Good riddance. Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Mar 6, 2008
    Omega Five. What a great game. I wasn't expecting much when I dropped the $10 for this to be honest. Maybe a fun little diversion, but nothing special. What I got was an honest to god BLAST of a game. It's finely crafted, engaging, and FUN. Hats off to Hudson for giving fans of hardcore shooters this love letter.
  3. StianL.
    Jan 15, 2008
    I dont get why this fantastic game dont get higher scores. Its better than Mutant Storm Empire and Metal Slug 3 in my opinion even though i love those too.
  4. BillyB.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Fantastic shmup...very well balanced it can be cleared on a credit but never feels too easy Like a cross between forgotten worlds and r-type ..and it's a horizontal shooter which means it'll fit your widescreen TV well unlike vertical shooters which use about 1/4 of the screen space Unlocks more credits the more you play which is a nice touch, all in all essential for any Shmup Fantastic shmup...very well balanced it can be cleared on a credit but never feels too easy Like a cross between forgotten worlds and r-type ..and it's a horizontal shooter which means it'll fit your widescreen TV well unlike vertical shooters which use about 1/4 of the screen space Unlocks more credits the more you play which is a nice touch, all in all essential for any Shmup fan. To be brutally honest, it's better than DC era games of this ilk with rather nice graphics indeed...you can be sure Ikaruga will score higher as it has a nice color switching dynamic, but the challenge here is better balanced for most players, and the graphics are much more colorful...essential. Expand
  5. JackD.
    Jan 9, 2008
    I had never been a fan of the extreme shooter, but after giving the Metal Slug series a try, I decided to give this a go as well. I was pleasantly surprised to find the gameplay so inviting and addictive, considering my lack of skill in such games. There's a bit of variety in that you can play as multiple characters, each having separate weapons and special attacks. After you've I had never been a fan of the extreme shooter, but after giving the Metal Slug series a try, I decided to give this a go as well. I was pleasantly surprised to find the gameplay so inviting and addictive, considering my lack of skill in such games. There's a bit of variety in that you can play as multiple characters, each having separate weapons and special attacks. After you've played a while and begun to lose momentum, the game rewards you for playing for 60 minutes by giving you two extra credits to use in Arcade mode. This was much-needed, at least for me. I was able to make it to the end of the third level (of four), and I was not at all annoyed by the level repetition given that you must start from stage one if you run out of credits (continues). It is unfortunate that there is no online multiplayer, but if you have a friend, you'll have even more fun with this title. If you're looking for an interesting, unique addition to XBLA, with heavy Japanese tones and an announcer that struggles with the English language, give it a try! Expand
  6. PaulH.
    Jan 10, 2008
    A fun game for just $10 (800 MSpoints). Great graphics and controls.
  7. JonmanH.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Not the best sh'mup, but extremely solid in all respects. Well worth the $10 price tag. Difficulty curve is nicely balanced such that you generally get slightly further each time you play.
  8. SamS.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Omega Five is a great shmup. I really liked it and anyone who enjoys this genre should really download it.
  9. GioD
    Apr 16, 2008
    Wow, never would i have thougt that the makers of Harvest Moon would come out with a kick ass shmup, but Natsume has delieverd just that. Never mind the story because their is none, what you get is a beautiful looking HD shooter with a high level of difficulty, solid controls, catchy music , 4 short but very sweet levels, great boss battles, and 4 characters to choose from all who look andWow, never would i have thougt that the makers of Harvest Moon would come out with a kick ass shmup, but Natsume has delieverd just that. Never mind the story because their is none, what you get is a beautiful looking HD shooter with a high level of difficulty, solid controls, catchy music , 4 short but very sweet levels, great boss battles, and 4 characters to choose from all who look and play very differently from one another. One of the very best XBLA titles out. Collapse
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    This is one of the best shooters to come in a long long time. With the exception of Cave's bullet hells, Omega Five is an exceptional piece that should be noticed. Not sure where 1UP is coming from with their review. Maybe they just aren't schmup fans.
  11. Mar 22, 2012
    One of the better games on Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA), is addictive, funny, hard, is an interesting mode to do an amazing game. With great graphics, good controls, interesting story, and more, Omega Five is a clasic.

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Playing with a buddy in same-screen co-op is your best bet to enjoyably sate your shooter lust. [Holiday 2007, p.70]
  2. It’s pure, old-school, side-scrolling action wrapped up in a gorgeous visual package. The game will certainly appeal to fans of the genre, even if they are left scratching their collective heads after trying to make sense of it all.
    Omega Five is pretty but shallow. It's the trophy wife of XBLA games. That doesn't mean it isn't fun for a little while, but it's ultimately not among the top-tier Arcade titles.