6.5

1. Feb 27, 2013
    As a huge pinball and Star Wars fan I have been looking forward to the release ever since I heard about it weeks ago. Finally I can say whole-heartedly after playing it all morning that I love these tables. A lot of care was taken to give it those subtle touches that pinball tables have always had- from the electric display at the top showing scenes from the movie to the name input beingAs a huge pinball and Star Wars fan I have been looking forward to the release ever since I heard about it weeks ago. Finally I can say whole-heartedly after playing it all morning that I love these tables. A lot of care was taken to give it those subtle touches that pinball tables have always had- from the electric display at the top showing scenes from the movie to the name input being modeled after the carbonite slab display... it is all there. I was geeking out for hours at the love that they have shown the SW franchise as well as great pinball action. It is unfortunate that they couldn't use Harrison's voice from the movies, but the actor still hits it pretty close. My Fav is the Episode V table, closely followed by Boba Fett, and then the Clone Wars. The constant brightness of the lightsabers on the last one I found slightly distracting at times.

Finally, I feel that the Pinball Hall of Fame collections have a slightly more true "Feel" to the real thing since those are REAL tables. However, as far as designing new beautiful tables that I WISH were real... this is the best you can do. These three tables are worth every penny.
  2. Mar 2, 2013
    Immensely addicting. Perhaps $10 is a little high for just three tables but (a) the tables are a blast (pun intended) and (b) the Star Wars themes are a perfect fit for pinball. This game does for pinball what Pac-Man Championship DX did for, well, Pac-Man.
  3. Mar 3, 2013
    As soon as news first struck the gaming feed section of my Lumia phone it was as if I had died and gone to a hybrid heaven of Starwars and pinball. Out of the three stunning tables created by Zen my natural Starwars instincts drew me of course to the Empire Strikes back and as soon as the Lightsaber's pull back spring shot my first ball into the abyss of droids and wampa's I was hooked.As soon as news first struck the gaming feed section of my Lumia phone it was as if I had died and gone to a hybrid heaven of Starwars and pinball. Out of the three stunning tables created by Zen my natural Starwars instincts drew me of course to the Empire Strikes back and as soon as the Lightsaber's pull back spring shot my first ball into the abyss of droids and wampa's I was hooked. For some reason the original voices of the characters lines have been re-done by voice actors, albeit very professionally but to the fellow die hard it's noticeable. All In this is a very fast paced table with a lot of interesting concepts not seen from any other table Zen has to offer.

Next on my hit list was the Fett table, and as soon as the game loaded it was distinguishable by it's very long and narrow horse's head shape. Zen have gone for The Return Of The Jedi look and have the sound effects from the film to support the Fetts own table with a lot of emphasis on the Sarlacc pit. As previously mentioned the table is incredibly long which means that some parts look squashed and in certain areas it's hard to see whats happened to your valued ball, None the less it's still a fun table and when the Fett utilizes his grappling hook to save the ball from being lost it screams awesome. The third and final table was left till last due to the Clone Wars not being very high on my radar in recent years, so off the bat this table was not high on my priority list. The table opens up to a very wide and beautifully created area, with an escape pod being deployed upon pull back of your ball, A mini Anakin can be seen responding to where the ball is run and the sound effects are full of Star Wars charm, my one complaint would be the odd Yoda phrase that is spewed out every ten seconds which didn't really seem to make much sense and was not in line with the Yoda we all listened to in the Empire Strikes Back. To sum up all three tables have a lot of what made us all fall for the franchise in the first place Some tables will be liked better than others and this is why for 800 MS points and a bit of supple pinball finger flicking you should just go for it and wonder what's just happened to the last three hours of your life.
  4. Feb 28, 2013
    These are the first FX's tables I've wished were real. They're simply well put together fun tables that play well and make great use of the licence. It's unfortunate they couldn't use real sync voice quotes, but that's the only real criticism, the GFX, music and SFX are all top notch.

1. May 20, 2013
    Three tables, all with different aspects of gameplay and a variety of characters from the Star Wars universe, will delight the army of Star Wars fans. But as always, regardless of the subject matter, the real supernova star of any FX 2 pinball game is the stellar ball physics and authentic pinball sounds.
    All three tables look gorgeous, and all the familiar dialogue clips and sounds are a treat, too. Star Wars Pinball never up-ends the formula quite as much as Avengers Chronicles’ selectable balls and upside-down table did, but silverball and sci-fi buffs will adore it nonetheless.
  3. Mar 20, 2013
    The three tables included in this DLC are among the most interesting and awe inspiring ones so far. Fans of the Star Wars saga will have a hard time trying to reach a high score and taking in all the details and references from the movies and the animated series.