8.2

1. Oct 19, 2010
    I really liked this game!!!! It is a very unique game & very funny. When I first saw the game advertised I fought it looked pretty boring, but when I saw the good reviews I gave it a go & LOVED IT!
    Best Game I've played in the last 6 months
  2. Oct 9, 2010
    Plants vs. Zombies is one of those rare games that takes a concept- in this case, tower defense- combines it with a well used topic- zombies- and then crafts a gem unlike any other. In this addicting game, you place plants, which serve as towers, on your lawn using Sun that you pick up or generate with certain towers. Then, zombies come across your lawn and get killed by your towers. That is basically the game at its core, but it soon gets a bit more complicated. You'll be introduced to new and more powerful zombies, and you'll be forced to adapt to different lawns. For example, you must put Strangleweed so that the Scuba Zombies in the pool in your backyard don't swim all the way to your Peashooters, pop up, and kill them instantly. If you understood what I just said, kudos to you. Few defense games give off the same quirky charm that PvZ emanates, something that separates this game from the crowd. Also, there are puzzle and minigame modes outside of the adventure mode, to guarantee you'll be playing this game for many hours. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2010
    the games adventure mode is extremely bad. it feels like work. but in the multi player you can play as the zombies so you can see how the zombie get in the house without losing but over all the game isn't that good
  4. Oct 19, 2010
    As a very big fan of this game i was very excited for this game and was not disappointed. i especially like the new co-op. it's a great addition to this already grat game. my only disappointment is it's basically the same as the PC version. i would haveliked to see new zombie types and new plants.
  5. Sep 27, 2010
    This game is truly addicting. Starts out basic and becomes surprisingly complex. The plants and zombies are charming and funny. Lots of options on how to tackle challenges, many game modes, a lot of depth with zombies and plants, customizable house, grow your own plants, and unlockables.I have spent more hours on this game than any other recent release. A definite must have for xbox live arcade fans. One down fall is no online multiplayer support. That was not a deal breaker for me, but I can see online enthusiast's being turned away by it, however there is so much to do in single player that this game will keep you entertained for hours and hours even with no online. Expand
  6. Sep 14, 2010
    I was playing this on my sister's iPhone then found it on console and am thoroughly impressed. Big improvement in graphics, sound etc. The classic formula is well preserved with some new impressive twists. It's funny and fun. Those are all you could ask for with a game like this, really.
  7. Sep 11, 2010
    with the classic tower defense revolutionized, popcap has raised the bar for games.
    Who can be afraid of zombies when they are trying to pogo stick over you? With amazingly catchy music and classic hand drawn cutesy graphics. This game is damn hard to put down
  8. Sep 15, 2010
    easily the most addicting thing to do with your time since crack cocaine............................................. or since castle crashers..............
  9. Sep 8, 2010
    Popcap's classic take on the tower defence genre finally hits Live Arcade . This is the same game that we've all played to death on PC / Mac / iPhone already , but it has to be said that playing on a giant TV in HD is something that will still bring a grin to the face - the gameplay is as sweet as ever and even if you've completed it on another platform , you'll enjoy playing through the game again . The controls really have been adapted well for the 360 gamepad , the use of the trigger buttons to 'suck' in the sunshine is an especially great touch . The big draw for some maybe the new multi player modes - while they are fun and welcome , the big news here is that they are local only - no play over xbox Live !
    If you've never played PvZ before - consider this an essential purchase - 9 / 10
    If you've seen it all before , then the local only multiplayer and high price of 1200 MS point will sting a little - 8/10
  10. Sep 14, 2010
    I am so imporessed with this game it's ridiculous! Just when you thought you've seen every kind of game and every twist on every kind of game, something new and fresh like this comes along and blows you away. I've never liked tower defense style games, but my son bought this and I tried it. Liked it so much I still play. Nice game, very fresh and fun.
  11. Sep 15, 2010
    I hate giving a "score" in reviews, I don't believe a complex opinion can be represented numerically but Plants vs Zombies is fun, a concept which seems to come after "grit" and "realism" in the games industry. PvZ is the antithesis to every Call of Duty or Gears of War chest-high-walls-shoot-a-thon, simply by being fun. That said, it's nothing you haven't seen before but the cutsey visuals soften the blow and the unlockable modes (while a pain in the rectum to actually unlock) are fun and help fend off that niggling repetition, some of the zombies have increasingly **** attacks particularly the miner who can wreck you **** far too easily but essentially if you enjoy having fun and are tired of being tea-bagged or quick-scoped or whatever they do this week, give it a go. Expand
  12. Sep 17, 2010
    I very good game coming from its success on iPod/iPhone. The game uses online well with the ability to compare house damage. With the price of 1200 the game is a perfect port over giving a fun for all ages addicting relaxed gaming. This game is definitely worth a buy considering its price and its replay ability last for hours.
  13. Oct 6, 2010
    This is just one of those Games you have to keep playing... Every level gives a slightly different element to the fun/ difficulty to the game. This game is very addicting..Like Drugs, Soda or Brains!
  14. Oct 8, 2010
    This game is pretty fun and funny at the same time.

Funny things:

.Crazy dave

. Zombies- like the newspaper zombie

Overall funny game addicting as well
  15. Oct 13, 2010
    One of the best games and definately the best tower defense game I have ever played, fun, addictive and the xbox version comes with some nice additions like player vs player and co-op, highly recommended!
  16. Oct 20, 2010
    Plants vs. Zombies is exactly what you should want out of a tower defense game with zombies. The plants are fun, the zombies have cool sayings like "brains." If you have played this before the PC then the only thing you are missing is the multiplayer and co-op modes. I like it better with the xbox because of the controller. I know that sounds funny because this game was basically built for a mouse but the controller just works for me in this game. I highly recommend to pick this up. Expand
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    Plants vs. Zombies is charming and addictive, standing right up there with the best of PopCap's offerings like Peggle. It has that elusive "special something" that gets its hooks in you and convinces you to forego food, sleep, and other essentials just to see what the next level has in store. Even if you've already played through the game on PC or iPhone, the versus multiplayer mode is definitely worth checking out. Expand
  18. Nov 25, 2010
    Popcap has released the definitive version of Plants vs. Zombies through the Xbox Arcade. Smart and addictive gameplay mechanics are paired with razor sharp wit to craft a wonderful tower defense game. A must-play title on Microsoft's downloadable service.
  19. Mar 31, 2013
    Plants vs. Zombies is a tower defense game. The game is fun and, like games like Portal 2, add some humor to the mix. The game is about defending your house from some strange zombies with strange plants. The story is more like an excuse to make the game plausible, but it works in a game like this.
    The gameplay is amazing. Before the start of the game, you see which zombies will be coming,
    and you have to choose your plants. Some compliment each other, others are only good in certain situations, but all of them have a role, even if only in one type of level. Once you're done selecting the plants, the game will start. You have to collect sun to make plants. You can obtain it either from some plants, or from the sky (in sunlight levels). The game is addictive and, because almost every level adds a plant, it feels fresh. The zombies are funny, mostly because of their designs. The game has a lot of extras, but most of them will be unlocked at the end of the game. Still, the game is short, so you will get them in no time. The game has every feature from the first version of the game plus some extras. There are new mini-games, and multiplayer modes. You can play three versions of co-op. The first one is competitive, in which one is the plants and the other is the zombies. This one is a very entertaining mode, but the zombies sometimes feel a little overpowered, through maybe is because the plants require more strategy. The second mode is the co-op, in which you play certain challenges, mostly mini-games and survival modes, with the addition of a second player. Nothing too special, but it works. In the package version, it includes Zuma and Peggle, two games that are good in their own right, completing the pack. The graphics are the same than the PC version, but look wonderful in HD. The cartoon-like visuals do their work, and some plants and even zombies are adorable.
    The soundtrack is very good, and has a song at the end that is pretty fun.
    Overall, the only problem you can have with this game is that, if you have PvZ already on PC, the multi-player and the extra games may not be enough. Still, either you haven't or have got the game, it is a good deal, and a good addition to your game collection.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely worth the 20 bucks, especially if you are a fan of tower defense games, the adventure mode paces the difficulty very well, the coop and versus modes are a GREAT addition, and there are plenty of other side modes to keep you busy with this extremely additctive game.
  21. Jun 23, 2011
    This game is fantastic and it is very addicting and it is the best tower defense game i have played on the Xbox 360 and windows phone. i have completed the adventure mode about 15-20 times now and i never get bored with. I also like the mini games that are on it its very good. The graphics are fantastic and its very colorful and you can play this game for hours. i think that this game is a 10/10 score . o by the way Dave is CRAZY !!!! lol Expand
  22. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is really really funny!!! It has never ending thanks also to the different modes you can play. Defense games like this are very rare. If you haven't it in your game collection you MUST buy it :)
  23. Jan 30, 2012
    Plants vs. Zombies is filled with fun all over it. There are tons of plants, different kinds of zombies, and 6 different scenes. Adventure mode will take about 6-7 hours to finish, and extremely fun letters for you from the zombies themselves. You can play it with a friend. There are mini games, survival mode, and even a garden which you can store virtual plants in, including a tree that will give you tips if you give it food (that you get with money earned in-game in the shop, made by Crazy Dave - a great, fun character - and has some other stuff too). Plants vs. Zombies is like a delicious chocolate cake topped with fun and filled with great content. The only fault that I see in this game is the absence of online multiplayer, but overall, it is amazing. Expand
  24. May 29, 2012
    High replay value, this is probably the best version in my opinion because it has the most features as far as I know along with a co op and multi-player mode
  25. Jan 31, 2012
    Popcap Games always had a unique charm when it came to games, and PvZ is the culmination of their creations. It is difficult to make a game that's cute but not obnoxious, easy to play yet difficult to master, familiar yet completely original, and a joy to play time and time again.

PvZ manages to pull this off with a Tower Defense spin so unique it deserves it's own new genre. Just make
    sure the zombies don't eat your brains! Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2012
    Great version of PvZ. The adventure mode is fun as you slowly progres through different levels of defending the house against ever-changing and increasing zombies, but the 360's co-op modes really shine. It lets you enjoy the game with friends and family - something I've spent hours doing!
  27. Dec 12, 2012
    I was utterly surprised at how good this game was. I only bought it out of curiosity since I was seeing such high praise everywhere. And that praise was well earned. It's fun it's addictive, it's challenging, it's easy to get into, it's pretty to look at, and most importantly it's something different that works perfectly! This is a great little game that deserves to be in everyone's collection.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    The zombies... are coming... with... bobsleds? No, these aren't your normal, scary, brain-eater variety, this game is Plants vs. Zombies, and it's about time you sat down, picked up your Xbox controller and played this darn game!
    The beautiful art-style in the game is striking and elegant, with a colourful cartoony feel. Couple this with an HDMI cable and you'll be loving the crisp
    animation.
    Sound design in this game is quite honestly perfect. The gratifying "pop" of a Peashooter, the chuckle-inducing speeches of Crazy Dave, and the soundtrack. Oh the soundtrack! If, after your first day of playing this, you don't start singing the entire musical score off by heart, there must be something wrong with you. It really is that fantastic.
    Now for the story, "Adventure Mode" as PopCap call it. Well, there isn't a whole load of story here, but from the little strands of narrative that there are, we are told a comprehensible origins story of the zombies, whilst defending our garden lawn against them. Our friend, Crazy Dave, helps us to defeat the zombies by teaching us the art of gardening and speaking complete and utter gibberish (however, speech bubbles inform you of what the nice man is telling you). The gameplay throughout the adventure is brilliant, in which we collect or produce sun in order to place plants. But these are no ordinary plants. These are plants which explode, shoot flaming peas and munch on zombies, making the best defence around. You will place plants in lanes, where zombies will appear and walk along to your house, and if you fail to defend it, you will have to depart with your beloved brain. The zombies vary heavily, and many of them are quite funny to encounter for the first few times. The environments vary greatly too, with about seven or eight different gardens to play through, each stage having several new zombie varieties to protect yourself from.
    One would think that this could make a full game just on its own, but PopCap have created Survival mode (in which players create a defense with a limited amount of sun and must survive for as long as they can), Mini Games (several twists to the gameplay make great four-to-five minute levels) and Zen Garden (no zombies here! Just grow your plants, nurture and sell them for upgrades and powerups. This is great for people who like to collect... there are so many plants!).
    Overall, this is one of the best games on XBLA. It has a good control scheme, some fantastic gameplay and art-style, and the most mesmerising and addictive music you will ever hear. 9/10
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    Brilliant! There is very little wrong with this game. You must defend your garden from swarms of zombies, by growing plants which protect you... Zombies come in all kinds of varieties, ranging from standard ones, to zombies with buckets on their heads as armour, to zombies in vehicles, on pogo sticks, with mining equipment and even explosives. You must choose your plants carefully, but it's up to you how you go about each level. You also have several environments which impact your choices, and the kind of threat you face. Once you beat the main campaign, you get a game+ where you have all the plants you unlocked, and the game is twice as hard. In addition, there are so many extra mini games and challenges. It is great value for money with good replay. Only problem is that the multiplayer is broken - you can be either plants or zombies. But if you're zombies, you have such an advantage that it's just completely one-sided unfortunately! It is a good idea and could have worked, but clearly was not play-tested properly. Other than that, as a single player game, this is one I definitely recommend, and is very satisfying. Expand

1. Dec 25, 2010
    Utterly essential if you've yet to bite. [Issue#231, p.91]
  2. Buy, kiss your life goodbye. [Issue#64, p.103]
  3. This Xbox 360 has the best of the original game, solves the potential control problem, and adds as its main innovation the multiplayer mode.