5.9

1. Mar 11, 2014
    The dialogue and characters are a very nice fan service to four very distinct sets of fans, but the fact that I can't skip any of the dialogue that I've heard a hundred times is incredibly frustrating. Sure, the dialogue can actually give me a chuckle every so often, but it really is rather annoying after the fifth or sixth time hearing the same joke. And let me tell you. This game's difficulty is RELENTLESS. I've played about 10 tournaments, and have only won one. I always knock everyone out, but lose to some absolutely ridiculous hand on the last character. It starts out as a great, promising game, but after an hour or two of gameplay, this game is just the embodiment of aggravation and stupidity. Expand
  2. May 3, 2013
    Poker Night 2 must be the worst poker iteration I've ever come across, at a screen or table...
    the mini game poker in Red Dead Redemption is addictive and likely to cause seizures of excitement compared to this,
    just some old characters from different Xbox titles (I won't bother with the names, it really doesn't matter...)
    who yammer on with no skip functionality, and though I only
    played two hands before I took upon myself to warn you not to even try this, it doesn't seem to be any real poker "engine" either...

it's no poker game, it's an old-man stand-up fart-joke game! 800 points....Zynga Poker is probably better....stay away!

About as good as non-human poker gets. [July 2013, p.79]
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    The inner-character jibes and japes are tops but after a few games the unskippable hi-jinks go from funny to frustrating as repetition kicks in. [Aug 2013, p.67]
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    Poker Night 2 offers some fun characters, extra’s and especially dialogues, but those start to repeat quickly and the lack of modes prevents you from coming back.