7.3

1. esp
    Sep 6, 2010
    This is one of my favorite FPSes of all time. Granted, I never played Goldeneye, and this game is all shooting with only a tiny bit of required stealth and turret action, but the game mechanics are superb, and the fun factor is very high.

I've played it through four times already, and I expect I will play it through many more times to come. The multiplayer is still good after two years (though of course there aren't too many people playing these days), and overall it's just loads of fun.
  2. Sep 2, 2010
    if you dont have multiplayer then dont get it. story isa good warm up for online and the multiplayer modes are the best. highly reccomend if you like fps's
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    I was at my friend's house, all bored, when I decided to pick some random game from his shelf and give it a shot. I looked over the small library, and picked one with a logo that is legendary in the FPS genre; 007.
    I play the first mission and am hooked, and don't stop until I've beaten the campaign.
    I don't understand why it's so good until after the first mission, when the opening credits roll. I see that Treyarch was behind it. Now it makes sense why the game is so fun.
    And now, the review: The campaign is great. Combining the tense combat of Call of Duty with the cover systems found in Breach or GRAW. The story is nice, though it skips a bit in some places. The missions never feel too short or too tedious. Stealth isn't usually necessary, but it will usually make your mission easier. Silenced weapons and headshots, crouch-walking, melee takedowns, and not being directly spotted by camera or human are the rules of stealth. The ending isn't completely satisfying, but it's decent and leaves you feeling like you did, in fact, complete a full game.
    The multiplayer is so much fun, and I feel that it combines the best of the classic FPS "Goldeneye" (God bless it), and the modern FPS we love and won't shut up about (I'm looking at you, Black Ops), to create one, stellar multiplayer experience. Think I'm exaggerating? In most games, I get killed and yell some obscene thing I am going to do to the enemy's pet turtle and throw my controller (in my head, at least). In this game, after a 10 deathstreak, I feel great after one kill, enough to say "Idiot" every time. This, like Goldeneye, has that effect on people; no matter how good or bad you are, you can still find something fun and 007-class awesome to do.
  4. Jul 22, 2013
    I really want to give this game a 7.5 out of 10. It is a blast to play through. Although not very innovative or challenging, it is simply a lot of fun. Parts of the game really make you feel like James Bond, as you sneak around in hotels and other Bond-like locations. No, it is not a 60 dollar game. But it is definitely worth what you can get it for at today's prices. I got my copyI really want to give this game a 7.5 out of 10. It is a blast to play through. Although not very innovative or challenging, it is simply a lot of fun. Parts of the game really make you feel like James Bond, as you sneak around in hotels and other Bond-like locations. No, it is not a 60 dollar game. But it is definitely worth what you can get it for at today's prices. I got my copy for 3 dollars. So if you can get a cheap copy, definitely check it out! Collapse
  5. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wrote this review on gamespot and posted it on March 18th 2009 I have simply moved it here and edited it so I hope people take that into account when reading this review. Hope its a good read to anyone who takes the time.

In the past their have been many games based on films some of them have been rather awful and some have been rather good and Quantum of solace is no different from this. We all know that movie tie-in games are going to be awful, short and complete rip-off's 90% of the time but its great to see that this game has dodged that stigma quite well.

I originally picked this up hoping for cheap gamerscore which I did get but that wasn't what made me enjoy this game in the end because it turned out to be a lot more fun than I had ever expected especially for a movie game. They have got Daniel Craig to voice bond for the game which is a credit to the voice acting (which is good for anyone who likes good vocal work) its good to see him being willing to perform bond in almost all of the Bond games with his likeness.

The experience of single player and multi-player gameplay is just brilliant in terms of how the game is designed to be played. The game is based on the call of duty 4 engine and you can tell this very easily. You could easily accuse the game of being call of duty Bond Edition this isn't really something bad at least not for this game. But it plays a lot more like it has been mixed with Rainbow Six Vegas when it comes to the cover system that they have implemented (a good move by Treyarch). This cover system is very useful online and offline because it can give you a view of the combat situation even if you are hidden, this may be seen as too much of an advantage but it really isn't, even online the more intelligent player's can just take you out with a grenade if your camping behind a wall becomes a nuisance to them.

The story itself is mixed with both of the new Bond films Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace and they are both displayed within the game to great extent even though most of it seems to be Casino Royale related in terms of missions that is. But both games have been represented very well many of the iconic moments from the latest films. For example the parkour chase scene in Casino Royale where you must catch a bomb maker by chasing him through a building site or another awesome chase in Quantum where you race over the rooftops of an Italian city before engaged in a great fight with your opponent....just a shame its the equivalent of quick time event heaven when you catch up to him.

While on the subject of quicktime events and comparing this game to Call of Duty again when you go to melee an enemy in this game rather than simply knifing them you engage in a slow-motion quicktime melee move where you must press a button to take down your opponent its not exactly creative but it does show how physically strong Bond is against those inept guards he fights on a daily basis.

The weapons involved in the game are very standard pistols, SMG's, M16's, the Golden Gun that fires explosive rounds........with the odd gadget mixed in but this isn't really the games fault as so many modern shooters have weapons that we are all too familiar with. And with Treyarch a well known shooter developer being behind the game you can't really complain that the guns they have given us are all too familiar.

The game has four difficulty settings each of them progressing in challenge but even the hardest mode 007 isn't too much of a task I personally completed the game in a day on this mode with only a few tricky levels to deal with. And missions don't feel too repetitive since on some levels you don't even have to engage the enemy to continue the story you can just avoid them by staying down using stealth and avoiding camera's etc.

So overall the Single Player portion of the game is very well done and there is rarely a dull moment. One of the things I personally enjoyed were the sections when I didn't have to kill the enemies in the area, it gave off a sense of professionalism which bond lacks in the new films. So I personally wasn't the best bond around but that's one of the best points of gaming to PLAY the way you want to PLAY it out, not the way the character would do it if he/she was in control of themselves at the time.

The multi-player I personally thought would be terrible but to my surprise it actually works well indeed it has the basic modes team death match etc. But there are also modes that implement bond as a playable character online for example bond evasion, a simple mode one team must get bond out (who is controlled by a random player) and the other team must eliminate him. But bond has an advantage he can see all enemy locations so the other team must compromise by watching their own backs at all times and staying in groups. This is one of several modes that I believed made this game fun a fresh along with the random designs
  6. Nov 7, 2010
    I didn't really like the multiplayer that much, mostly because I felt like it was just a Bond-themed Call of Duty knockoff. But the single-player campaign had enough exciting and fun moments that I can call Quantum of the Solace the best Bond game in quite a while. It's not able to compete with many modern shooters in terms of gameplay but it's fun, and it really lets you feel like you areI didn't really like the multiplayer that much, mostly because I felt like it was just a Bond-themed Call of Duty knockoff. But the single-player campaign had enough exciting and fun moments that I can call Quantum of the Solace the best Bond game in quite a while. It's not able to compete with many modern shooters in terms of gameplay but it's fun, and it really lets you feel like you are James Bond. And that says something. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    Was sprised that i actually liked it. It is nothing outstanding but it is a good fps, wich includes also casino royale in it
  8. Feb 18, 2012
    This is a great Bond game which represents Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace together in a fantastic way. The game is not the longest but is around the right length for an FPS story. The online is great fun with friends (especially the Golden Gun game mode) and overall there is a big variety in the Multiplayer of both weaponry and maps and game modes. Overall a very fun game. The onlyThis is a great Bond game which represents Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace together in a fantastic way. The game is not the longest but is around the right length for an FPS story. The online is great fun with friends (especially the Golden Gun game mode) and overall there is a big variety in the Multiplayer of both weaponry and maps and game modes. Overall a very fun game. The only downside being that there is no levels in the multiplayer which makes you less likely to stay on it. Expand
  9. Nov 26, 2014
    When I first played Quantum Of Solace six years ago I thought it was a very good game. Now looking back on it, it's kind of average. They did a good job making you feel like you were in the movie mostly due to the game's cover system and the game stayed faithful to both Casino Royale and Quantum Of Solace for the most part but what really hurt this game was that it was too generic. It wasWhen I first played Quantum Of Solace six years ago I thought it was a very good game. Now looking back on it, it's kind of average. They did a good job making you feel like you were in the movie mostly due to the game's cover system and the game stayed faithful to both Casino Royale and Quantum Of Solace for the most part but what really hurt this game was that it was too generic. It was far too easy to just hide behind cover and pick enemies off by simply blind firing. The game was also pretty linear in design and there wasn't much exploration. The AI was very smart in this game however but unfortunately that's because they are all programmed to know exactly where you are. The multiplayer in this game is okay but I wish the weapons were balanced out better. Anyway this is not a bad game to have... at least for a rental. Expand
  10. Oct 15, 2010
    Worth £7. I mainly got this game I really wanted to bring home a game while with mates. This game was the only realistic shooter I could find that was a 12 as I am 14 so i could not get any 15s. Was good for a bit, not great but good. Probably deserves about 70/100. Dont pay anymore than £8 for it though
  11. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is an incredibly wasted potential. It tries to copy CoD, but does so badly and it has a ridiculously short story. It really seems more like a movie when it comes to length but it fails at capturing the movie's greatness. A short game that could have been so much better
  12. Jul 22, 2013

1. This is an unexpected game. Everything points to the fact that by all accounts it should be awful. Licenses like this hardly ever work, but amazingly it comes off feeling like a fun, throwaway shooter with a workable shooting mechanic and some quite enjoyable moments that, while strictly not very Bond in nature, make the game well worth a look if you’re either a Bond fan or even just enjoy a good shooter.
  2. This is "GoldenEye" for a new generation. And praise doesn't come much higher than that.
    A true blockbuster of a game, Quantum of Solace is loud, dumb but sadly all-too-forgettable. The Bond licence goes a good way to hiding the game’s lack of ideas and for the four hours the single-player campaign lasts there’s no denying it’s a solid blast, but ultimately there’s better ways to spend your money this autumn.