5.0

1. Oct 9, 2012
    Giving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyableGiving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyable game-play, great graphics. Expand
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  3. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.

This game is not survival horror, and it shouldn't have been truly expected to be so. There has been much footage of it and even two demos before its release, and it has always been leaning towards being an action title. However, as an action title it succeeds on every level. Capitalizing on Resident Evil's strongest points, the characters and plot, Capcom have crafted an enticing story to play through with excellent mechanics and interesting enemies. Several memorable set-pieces dot the campaigns as well as fantastic cut-scenes, not to mention the best voice acting the series has ever seen. As far as gameplay is concerned, the series has finally evolved to be competitive with modern third-person shooters by enabling walking and shooting as well as the ability to melee at will, but evolves beyond all other shooters with mechanics that are fresh on the gaming market. Sliding, spinning and shooting aren't necessary for the most part, but their inclusion is still innovative and positive all the same, and the controls, despite being hounded for being clunky, are actually intuitive and easy to learn.

Not all is good with the game, however. There are numerous vehicle segments, and only a couple of them are anything less than an abysmal wreck, with frequent moments of instantly dying due to something you couldn't have seen coming. Quick-Time Events (QTE's) are also numerous in this title, and though they're a nuisance they are also necessary. Unlocking a door via 'hacking' wouldn't be very tense if all you did was press a button once, so they are usually for necessity of tension and keeping you in the action as opposed to leaving the player to lackadaisically perform actions. However, if you don't like QTE's, you're going to want to play on Amateur, where they are automatically performed for you. The biggest flaw in the game outright, however, is the number of moments in which you can be instantaneously killed by something with no warning, such as a vehicle ramming into you out of nowhere or a bridge falling out from under you due to not running quite fast enough.

With the flaws taken into account, it's still a fantastic game which offers a ton of value. All of the campaigns will take roughly 22 hours to complete, and playing through some of the moments again just for the 'intersecting co-op' can be fun. Mercenaries mode returns as well to offer extra game time, though it is extraordinarily miffing that two of the six maps are unattainable at the start simply because they were pre-order bonuses specific to certain stores. Agent Hunt, which allows you to become a creature in a player's campaign and attempt to slay them, is an interesting addition that, while it probably won't be the most popular mode, is still a fun diversion all the same. Taking all things into account, the game deserves an 8 out of 10. However, due to the sheer number of banal '0' reviews, it gets a 10 to help it out.
  4. Oct 5, 2012
    the best resident evil ever,and ive played them all,ok its not perfect,but what game is?.the funny thing is that ive noticed is that a lot of the the 0 out of 10 scores were given by people on the day the game came out? funny that? u cant tell me they played the whole game all the way through in one day,if they did they must of enjoyed it to complete it in one day?
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    An overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completelyAn overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completely different perspectives, and Agent Hunt is a welcome addition. There's over 30 hours of campaign, Mercenaries, and several different multiplayer game modes to keep gamers playing for hours.
    Overall, it's a weak game compared to its predecessors, but it stands out in comparison to most modern action shooters; some elements of the game should remain in the inevitable future titles, but they should reserve the hyper-actionized gameplay for spin-offs. Those looking for an enjoyable hardcore romp will enjoy this game; those looking for survival horror would be better off investing in recent 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Ubisoft's upcoming game ZombiU.

(Deserves a 7/10, but I'm giving it 10/10 to try and offset all the 0/10-rating multi-accounters who've never played the game and don't intend to)
  6. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    They took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying theirThey took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  8. Oct 10, 2012
    What could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooterWhat could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooter there is just nothing to see here that can't be found (and done much better) in any number of other games out there. It's just so ham fisted and poorly executed that I honestly wonder if anyone play tested it before release. Expand
  9. Oct 16, 2012
    With a fantastic story, memorable characters, exhilarating set pieces, and a masterful blend of all the best elements found in previous iterations of the franchise, Resident Evil 6 delivers an unforgettable experience which every fan of the series ought to partake in.
  10. Oct 10, 2012
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Having been a fan of the series for over a decade, I had a bad feeling when I first played BH5, an obvious change of direction after 4, which was a master piece but a game which arguably changed the foundational elements: horror and helplessness which defined the original Bio Hazard.
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD action and frustrating fighter.
    Even as a GAME it fails to be accessible and rewarding, relying solely on harvesting fans's emotional attachment to the high polygon version of the character they have grew to care about.
    In one word, AVOID.
  11. Oct 13, 2012
    I don't get why people hate this game so much.Just because its action-packed game?Come on,that was long time ago RE 4 and 5 dont have any horror aspect either.Overall the game is good , I think this game way much better than Resident evil 5
  12. Oct 10, 2012
    Great game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are someGreat game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are some qualities: Great graphics, 30 HOURS, 4 differents campaigns, 7 playable characters, great monsters to fight, great variety in gameplay drive a car, a motorbike, swim, fly a jet, Q.T.E. In my opinion buy this game Expand
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    I was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. ThisI was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. This just ends up being a disaster. I found a lot in Chris' campaign that I'd be faced with a ton of enemies, but ammo would be far too scarce for an action game.
    The story was heading in the right direction, but the endings left me dissatisfied. Overall the game was filled with problems: repetitive boss fights, low ammo, too many QTEs, and a few ridiculous story scenes. But that doesn't mean it isn't totally worth passing by. My recommendation: if you liked RE 4 and/or 5, play through the story with infinite ammo on, and just have some mindless fun and see the story, then finish up with some mercenaries. Otherwise, if you we're hoping for a survival horror game, just pass it by, and hope that Capcom learns from its mistakes.
  14. Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah ok, we all got it: it's not the Resident Evil that we came to appreciate and love back in the 90s. I'd like the thinking people to get over the QQ of all the fanboys and actually give this game a try.
    Mind you, it's not the best game ever made, much less the best Resident Evil ever made: the controls take a while to get used to, especially if you still have your brain set on RE4-5, but it gets better after playing a bit. The whole story and atmosphere has moved from the horror genre to a more action packed game style, which is not really a problem, as the feel of your typical RE is still there. Everything is faster, easier, more on par with today's shooters (yes, you can finally STRAFE AND DODGE). If the AI partner in RE5 made you want to pull your own eyes out, this time the bot controlled partner is there but not really there: doesn't get in the way, has his/her own ammo, doesn't require healing, doesn't spam his/her healings on you, and is actually very helpful instead of being a pure pain in the butt.

Now, the bad sides of the game: the main menu is poor in design and really not intuitive. Playing a local co-op can be a very frustrating experience, both because it takes a while to figure out how to actually do it, and also because the local split-screen is a complete mess. To keep the aspect ratio, you're forced to play in two tiny little windows with tons of blank space on the sides and there's no way to fix it. You're given the opportunity to play with unlimited ammo on the get-go, and while it's completely optional, it made me think "Kids these days want everything handed over to them". There is a cover system in the game, like leaning on a wall and peeking out to shoot, but it's extremely sloppy and unresponsive: most of the times it doesn't work or it isn't necessary, since the zombies with a form of ranged attack are few in between. I'm guessing it'll be more useful if there's any form of player versus player, but considering how hard it is to make your character stick to a wall, I doubt this feature will be of any use.

Cutting the crap: I give this game a 7. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I enjoy the characters, the skill system, the general feel of the game, the action. Don't listen to the people QQing and give it a try. All in all, it's a solid game.
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to theAbsolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  16. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    So...Resident Evil 4 and 5 get good scores and this one doesn't? It does everything better than RE4/5!?
    What i see here is a simple case of fans hating on this game for not being survival horror, they aren't actually rating the game itself which i think is very harmful and degrading to the developers and is very unfair. I happen to like the changes in the RE series, they are freaking agents they should know how to defend themselves adequetly and im sure Leon would be expert at that by now considering hes been dealing with outbreaks his whole life now...but besides that i enjoy this game a lot. There are few frustrating bugs and issues but what game today doesnt have that. It really upsets me though to see so many people making bad reviews that actually arent even about the game itself...shouldnt be that way.
  18. Oct 4, 2012
    Ho avuto la fortuna di poter giocare alla demo su Xbox 360 prima dell'uscita del gioco.
    Avrei dato una votazione bassa tipo 4.
    Fiducioso giorno 2 sono andato alla Fnac di Genova e ho preso a 69.99
  19. Oct 5, 2012
    Another fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in theAnother fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in the past. The only positives I can mention are that the game actually boots when you put it in your system, and that the co-op isn't a complete lag fest. Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly.It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  21. Oct 5, 2012
    This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different.This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different. RE6 is like playing through an action packed zombie movie and I really dig the high production value. There are still many classic elements in the game that make it really feel like Resident Evil. I love it! Expand
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, butI'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, but I still enjoyed the time I spent with it. As I learned more and more about the extreme modifications being made to the Resident Evil formula in the sixth game I admittedly got a little worried. Now that I've played the game my fears have been somewhat confirmed.

Resident Evil used to aim to frighten by taking it slow and doling out its surprises a little at a time. Now it's all about delivering thrills through bullets and explosions, which is fine in small doses. Unfortunately, Resident Evil 6 doesn't believe in doing anything small; it's the noisiest Resident Evil game yet. It seems as if something is blowing up every two minutes. The characters are always shouting something at each other, which is more annoying than helpful. No ammo was spared in the making of this game; it's all about guns, guns, guns. A large majority of the zombies even carry guns.

The franticness of the game becomes tiresome after a while, and the length doesn't help. It took me over 20 hours to complete Resident Evil 4 and I loved almost every second of it. I don't mind a long game as long as it's well-paced. The thing is, Resident Evil 6 isn't. It begins with a bang, literally, and never lets up, which is fine for a five-hour Call of Duty single-player campaign, but not for a game that lasts over 20 hours.

Also, the game lacks focus. Having three separate campaigns that revolve around three completely different central ideas is cool, but those ideas are implemented badly here. Chris Redfield's campaign is akin to a militaristic shooter and could very well be considered one if not for the strange enemies. As such, it contains the bulk of the game's set pieces and loudness and I grew weary of it after one chapter. Jake Muller is a really terrible character, but his campaign, which is obviously based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, is exciting
  23. Dec 15, 2012
    This **** piece of **** game is the Nickelback of gaming history, Capcom should be ashamed of having their logo stamped on this abomination, we should just pretend it doesn't exist and move on.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are looking for a survival horror game, Resident Evil 6 is not that game. Is a action game, a very bad and poor action game. Is a marketing ploy call the game Resident Evil. Buying new is a waste of money.
  25. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can get over the gameplay changes throughout the series, even the n00b level of playing that it has become... but the one thing i cannot stand is ruining to Canon storyline. C-virus? really? magically creating everything that all the old virus's and parasites used to make? i mean seriously running through the game with Leon, only encountering Zombies. Somehow Chris and Jake never encounter a single Zombie in the same city, and only encounter J'avo (seriously c-virus made these? hmm well guess las plagas just went extinct didnt they?). This newest game completely destroys the Resident Evil story just like those crappy movies they keep making. Don't forget capcom you can re-use the T-virus, G-virus, T+G virus, the T-leeches, T-veronica virus, Weskers Virus, Progenitor Virus, T-abyss virus, and oh i dunno the 5 or 6 parasite species you introduced. When you actually look at all 7 character playthroughs. the story is short, very short, so i guess it makes sense that they were lazy and decided to make a game with Zombies and J'avo's (poor rip offs of your own mijini's and los ganados) being created with the C-virus. Oh wait i just remembered the ripoffs of left 4 dead monsters as the zombies mutations. In my opinion the games are getting lazier and lazier in their storytelling. It used to be puzzles and special items to defeat unique bosses. And if you didnt have a special poison for a plant mutation of something, you got the "you are dead" screen, until you actually figured out what to do. This whole holding your hand throughout the game, and dropping the entire story without doing any sort of special digging. Go back to survival horror capcom, and try to actually incorporate any newer releases with your classic survival horror feel. Not saying go back completely, just try to evolve the old feelings of the games into a modern game. Not turning into a shoot, smash, grab, and run game. Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2012
    I would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews andI would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews and I assume it's from fans of the first three entries. Resident Evil consists of 4 campaigns and all intertwine at certain points. My favorite campaigns was Leon's because I felt it was the one that nodded more towards the older Resident Evil games which I grew up on. His campaign was filled with scares and on professional difficulty I had to carefully manage my health and ammunition. The other campaigns are good too, but lean a lot more towards action set piece moments than scares. The one thing that all campaigns succeed at is the environment. The environment in every campaign is absolutely gorgeous and all the settings are incredibly detailed and do a good job of bringing you into the game. Helping this are the absolutely astonishing graphics. This is one of the prettiest games I have seen since Uncharted 3. The graphics are that good. However, I did run into some muddy textures while it was loading. This hardly took me out of the experience. One thing I also loved about this entry was the story. I found myself hooked until the amazing conclusion. Really I only have two complaints. My first is the excessive use of quick time events. This didn't really bother me too much, but it did get frustrating after a while. The second is as much as I loved the story, every campaign besides Leon's had some pretty noticeable pacing issues. Now the big question is "Is RE6 the best Resident Evil?" Well, my friends the answer is a resounding no, because that honor still belongs to 4, but this is better than the slightly disappointing RE5 and is one of the better entries in the series to date. As for the negative reviews my theory is that this series has evolved and you refuse to budge in your narrow area of entertainment and have been left behind in the dust. Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  28. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem genteQuando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Collapse
  29. Oct 21, 2012
    And Capcom is saying that they can't listen to every fan or they will never make progress. MAJOR LOL. Clearly they were listening to the wrong fans and now that the game is the lowest rated RE game in the main series, they're really going to have the balls to say this?

Reviewers even said the game was suffering an identity crisis. But I guess they meant they wouldn't make progress in profit, not because the game is good. Money grabbing ****
  30. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 : The 3 Main Campaigns Jake/Sherry

This campaign is the shorter of the 3, I think I clocked in about 6 hours until I was finished with it. Some of you may remember Sherry from resident evil 2, she was the little girl that Claire and Leon save from all the chaos. Jake on the other hand is a completely brand new character. He is the son of Albert Wesker, which I
  31. Oct 13, 2012
    Really liked it and don't see what all the moaning is about. Leon's campaign was excellent and sort of felt like the old resi games with zombies (real ones) making a much welcome return and tbh if this was the only campaign of the game I would of felt like I got my money's worth. The other 3 character campaigns don't compare to Leon's IMO but their still very much enjoyable. The one thingReally liked it and don't see what all the moaning is about. Leon's campaign was excellent and sort of felt like the old resi games with zombies (real ones) making a much welcome return and tbh if this was the only campaign of the game I would of felt like I got my money's worth. The other 3 character campaigns don't compare to Leon's IMO but their still very much enjoyable. The one thing that really annoyed me was the quick time event stuff, that got boring real fast and my thumb is still aching from the button bashing but other than that I'm glad I got it. Expand
  32. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  33. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

34. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm just going to go out on a limb here, and say that everybody who posted a zero, and is **** and moaning has never ACTUALLY played the game for themselves, it's a fun time, well worth the price of admission, and I'd recommend it to any RE fan, it's a got a little something for everybody.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    After reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of theAfter reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of the "one of these things just isn't like the others" arguments null and void.

First off, I do feel that Capcom should have settled for one large campaign, perhaps with a mix of all the playing styles/enemies, maybe even with the ability to play with the different protagonists at different points in the campaign. I've never been a fan of the transition to humanoids, so I dont favor the Chris and Jake campaign that much and naturally gravitated to Leon's. To me, Chris' campaign is shoddy - poor man's TPS and besides, if I wanted to be shot at, I'd play COD.

The AI is lacking at times but that was a concern for me from jump but not so much as to spoil the game. Zombies certainly took to the AI well but humanoids, not so much. QTEs were a good add but entirely too excessive and sometimes hard to catch if you're on the move. I like how the inventory system is more streamlined but with the action/pace being so forced/chaotic at times, you can find yourself not having time to do much before enemies are on top of you or riddling you with bullets. I absolutely love being able to shoot on the move and melee but with shooting on the move comes the erratic dodge/avoidance moves - again, a good idea but can be a control layout nightmare when you're in the middle of said chaotic action. I found myself diving and rolling on accident far too many times. Graphics - lighting, environment, creature design and degradation after attacks, cutscenes - all solid. The cutscenes werent exactly moving content-wise but have always been give and take in the series.

Not a perfect game by far but overall I've enjoyed RE6. Agent Hunt feels a little unnecessary but it's kinda fun trying to jack up someone else's game. Capcom should have stuck to their timetable and used this extra month for quality control but I doubt it would have made a huge difference in the final product and your overall opinions. I understand the resentment of the masses towards the game and respect to those who could give a levelheaded review but for the most part, these reviews are elite level trolling.
  36. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  37. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES. As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade. Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you? Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game. Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996. This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends. I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you. Expand
  38. Oct 8, 2012
    To all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as aTo all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as a true old school RE fan enjoyed playing this game from start to finish. the only thing that maybe was a bit of was the camera view at some points and that was it. all in all I would give this game a 7.8 out of 10 but because of all the blind people I'm forced to give it a 10. Expand
  39. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get yourThis isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get your nostalgia out of your vision and shut the **** up and enjoy the game. Expand
  40. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  41. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    The graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  42. Oct 4, 2012
    Skip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is theSkip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is the problem with change, isn't that why Obama was voted president in the US? COD fan-boys **** how MW3 was no different than MW2, Infinity Ward needed change. RE6 has 3 campaigns to start with, leon- horror styled campaign, Chris- third person shooter, and Jake- I truly have no idea, bad ass mofo, maybe???? And a surprise campaign... but don't tell anyone, ssssshhhhhhhh. I say the game is worthwhile, but if you are feeling edgy about buying it now wait till the price drops, it is a fun game, but the community sucks. The camera is a little sketchy, but you can get used to it. I love different types of games, I am an adventurous type of person, shooters like COD/Battlefield, Horror like RE and Silent Hill, open world games like GTA and Saints Row, other genres like LA Noir and Red dead redemption. Oh my God, I played games that compete against each other, but I found them all to be fun, except MW3. Like I read in another review, people rate 0 because of the "Glory Daze," from the older Resident Evils, yes the others were amazing games, but because this one is different doesn't mean it sucks. It is sort of like racism for a game, it also reminds me of Frankenstein, strange "monster" in a town that goes crazy when they see him. I am a gigantic RE fan, since the first Resident Evil, and i approve this message=D. And sorry about the super long review... I talk a lot=). It's a great game and I recommend it, it has a few problems, but what game doesn't? Expand
  43. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    Pros: Awesome graphics, great story, solo or co-op campaign and horde type mode, FREE web service (ResidentEvil.net)

Cons: If you are looking for gameplay similar to RE1 or RE2, this is not it. Resident Evil 6 is more action based (but it's a great game).

In closing: It's a fun game, worth buying. Please, ignore the hater spam that seems to have run rampant...
  45. Oct 6, 2012
    Where to start!?
    This is one of the worst game I have ever played!
    I'm a big RE fan and have played all RE games. All the aspects are so bad! I have finished Leon and almost Chris.
    Don't buy this game, specially if You are a RE fan.
  46. Oct 7, 2012
    Yep well I don't know how to say this guys, but RE6 is pretty much a perfect example of why the video game industry is falling downhill; it tries to be what it shouldn't.
    Remember the creepy atmosphere we had in RE4? The terror when you first encountered the "regenerator" in the hospital? I sure do, and RE6 threw it all trough the window and replaced them with zombies with guns. Doing tactics. riding vehicles. What am I even playing here? Chris/Jake campaign is an insult to the RE series. Even the campaign with Leon/WhatsHerFace doesn't offer much horror. You can punch the head off of zombies, how am I supposed to be scared when I'm a walking death machine? Cinematics represents half the game, Quick time events every god damn corners, your normal speed is running, a cross air was added along the laser sight, the story is confusing and I couldn't follow-- and where the hell did Jake Muller came from anyway? Wesker never mentioned he had a son! Puzzles are a no brainer (AKA they suck) I have so many mixed feelings about this game, its like rage, sadness and disappointment came together as one and kicked me in the balls.
  47. Oct 9, 2012
    Capcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just druggedCapcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just drugged up whores that are bruised and pushed by their pimps. That is what happens when the money starts to hurt. Japan's Capcom has turned it's beautiful flowers into drug pushing street hookers that have turned ugly. You can still make good creations when money is tight. I remember I was in a japanese museum that had an artistic box created out of rope and red wax by a prisoner for 20 years and it was beautiful. It just takes care, not money. RE6 is just careless. It was such a traumatizing experience that I was careless at work and ended up losing my job last week. I was so distraught that my favorite series has turned so bad that I lost my job... The game has nothing that makes sense. The whole game feels very uncomfortable, from the lighting to the artwork, to the sounds, to every choice of the game. It is a very disjointed game. And I am glad I rented it for $2 at redbox as opposed to actually buying my pre-ordered copy at gamestop. Expand
  48. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  49. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THISFirst comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord.
    Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game.
  50. Jan 31, 2013
    Aburrido, lento y decepcionante. De todas las innovaciones, quizá tan sólo pueda salvarse el sistema de cámara detrás del hombro. Por lo demás, en ningún aspecto mejora a sus predecesores: estamos ante un vulgar shooter que se ha querido vender como algo superior.
  51. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  52. Oct 3, 2012
    I have read, re-read, and re-evaluated all of these reviews. And all I have to say is you need to think of it as a Resident Evil game, rather than an action game. And then it truly shines Yes it has different mechanics, yes it has its problems. But it still has that old school resident evil feel that we all know and love. Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  53. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996. These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut.
  54. Oct 3, 2012
    Dont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign isDont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign is that they all end. Dont listen to Tas el Kender, Dionisios21 or that **** **** of xiphias, this game rocks. Graphics: 10 the best looking game of our generation and Leon is too hot sound: 10 it sounds scary sometimes Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000 in the end its what matters so stop trolling k? People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control will never comeback. hahaha, accept gaming evolution already.(2) Expand
  55. Oct 8, 2012
    An epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answersAn epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answers etc, so you continue playing because of this. The bossfights are great and the J'avo are funny enemies. The zombies however, seem a bit uninspired and reminds you more of L4D rather than Resident Evil. The game isn't scary... except when it comes to one enemy IMO, the Raskaplanje, a regenerator-looking monster that is even more horrorfying to look at. Other than that, it is the action we have come to know from RE4, but improved. All the characters except Piers and Helena are interesting for fans that have followed the series a long time, as we have come to know them from several games before. Yeah, I really liked this game a lot. I've had some crazy fun moments with this game and I'm going to keep on playing it as there are still some stuff to look forward to. Expand
  56. Oct 3, 2012
    Yes we understand that if game developers implemented every thing we the fans wanted the game itself might not turn out too great. However like resident evil 5 resident 6 made a huge left turn,turning a survival horror franchise into a non challenging linear game. Am I saying Resident evil 6 is a bad game no i just don't think the series deserves to call itself Resident Evil anymore
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorelyFirst of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorely sought after since Resident Evil 4, the over use of QTE's (quick time events), and the constant repetition of action set pieces to flesh out the individual campaigns, this game is so disappointing it warrants no more than a 4 from any fan. As usual, fans are the worst critics, and Metacritic once again has become a mouthpiece for their scathing hatred that is understandable but completely unacceptable and unfair. As a fan of the series, I can only say that this wasn't the game I wanted, nor the direction I wanted the franchise to stray into. I will, however, be fair to the developers of this game who clearly tried to create a larger-than-life Resident Evil experience with admirable flair, but failed only because they didn't stay true to the formula that garnered the tremendous fan base that is now outraged. 8 Expand
  59. Oct 2, 2012
    Not Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school ResidentNot Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school Resident Evil. The Multiplayer modes are decent, but once again not great. The cutscenes are excellent though. One thing I do not understand is why Capcom does not go back to the Horror mechanics and gameplay. Thank goodness you can now move and shoot, but still we need horror. This is just way too different. I reckon if this was not a Resident Evil game I would have scored it higher, but since it is, I have to give it a 6. Dissapointing, I was really hoping for a return to the good. Expand
  60. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  61. Oct 7, 2012
    I'm begging you. Just give me a true sequel to Resident Evil 4 (one of my favorite games ever).

A resident evil game will always be compared against the pinical of the franchise. With a bar set so high, is Capcom too intimidated to make another game truly in the same genre? Why else would their games continually stray further from what their fans want?
  62. Oct 8, 2012
    Alright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functionalAlright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functional game, completely playable and enjoyable by many who can be mislead by the ridiculous average user score this game is getting.
    RE 4 was also severely criticized and widely lampooned and with time it has come to be one of the most praised chapters in the franchise because it took years to the herd of narrow-minded nerds out there to realize that the mechanics of the game had changed. I just wonder if the new moves system and the new melee attack system aren't just a new change an that when we get to grips with it we will be having as much fun as we did with RE 4. With such narrow-minded bigots It may take years.
  63. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  64. Oct 2, 2012
    These people giving scores lower than a 6 are just absolutely being haters. theres no reason for that. it's a good game. awesome graphics, and a fun time. nothing wrong with controls or anything. load screens seem to be the only real problem... i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm a huge fan of the series and this one ROCKS!
  65. Oct 3, 2012
    No, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experienceNo, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experience either. This Res plays out more like a mix of 5 and a co-op shooter. I really appreciated the fact that the AI could be better controlled and is more helpful than it was in 5. The buddy-revival system is nice, though I don't always get to my partner in time. The weapon system I found was well-thought out: cycling through the weapons with the D-pad was much easier than equipping only two guns and pressing start just to get to the grenades. Overall, I enjoyed it, just as a survival-horror game, not as a Res game. I enjoyed it better than I did 5, but not as much as 4. Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth.Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth. If game has any positive traits to it, then a someone that has any game knowledge whatsoever would never give it a 0 rating. The story in the game so far seems to just as amazing as any other resident evil game. Of course the originals were the best, but let's move on guys. Let's focus on the now, and stop wanting to replay the past. This game deserves way more credit than it has received. Expand
  67. Oct 8, 2012
    I read all the criticism, and bought the game anyway believing it couldn't be THAT bad... Now, I want my $60 back.

The Resident Evil franchise has turned into a lackluster and at times broken 3rd person shooter. Couple that with frustrating melee combat, cheap deaths that make NO logical sense (hit by a train while 40 feet away from the tracks?) , and just plain old bizarre creatures that awkwardly run down hallways and bump into you or fly around getting caught on invisible walls. For me, it was just unplayable.
  68. Oct 16, 2012
    After trying this at Redbox, I am so glad I didn't buy it. I had to go back and play RE5 after this, to remember what a decent RE5 game was like. Alas, the days of good games are gone, like Unreal Tournament, Half Life, Perfect Dark, and RE 1 and 2. How I miss those days...sob.
  69. Dec 28, 2012
    I have only tried the DEMO version so far, but then again, it satisfied me more than the past games when I first played them. Resident Evil 6 is a totally new game that will entertain gamers even if they've never played a Resident Evil game before.
  70. Oct 4, 2012
    I agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for cryingI agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for crying out loud. We have a great zombie game to play. Shut up and play it. Or don't. Just stop complaining. 9 out of 10. Suck it fanboy. Expand
  71. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survivalAll ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    First off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. TheFirst off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. The gameplay in this game is so drastically improved its ridiculous,no longer are this slow ass character with tank controls,now your a complete and toatal badass popping bullets and dishing out cool melee attacks to zombies. Now you can slide,walk and shoot, turn 360 degrees in way that feels natural, perform melee attacks at will,and you can even dual weild with leon. Eveyone said this game has three campains but you actaully get four so yea. Since their are four different stories this game is a enourmous time sink. And every campaign is completely different. This game is awesome and a blast to play its just so frusterating that people are giving it sh*t scores for stupid reasons. This game is the best in the seiries and you wont waste your money buying it. Expand
  73. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve orResident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve or it will become the same thing over and over. RE has and it is not for everyone but that is why there are other games being made. I have enjoyed my experience in this new entry and , if you have been faithfully following the series i invite you to try this one. You should have a great time. Expand
  74. Oct 3, 2012
    Lore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. ILore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. I highly recommend. Expand
  75. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines.If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they removed weapon upgrading, BUT they replaced it with a skill system.

For those that are complaining that it's not the same as the original games, of course it isn't. Resident Evil was about a group of supposed super cops who couldn't manage a headshot on a shambling zombie from 5 feet. The original games were on the incompetent end of the absurdity scale. This game puts them on the super-competent end. It's still silly but at least it's a silly that allows you to fail on your own lack of skill rather than on the STARS mind-bogglingly poor combat awareness.
  76. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't understand all the hate. Resident Evil 6 is a great game that is far better than it's predecessor (Resident Evil 5) with great graphics, better and improved controls and is much more fun to play. It's my favourite since Resident Evil 4. I honest don't understand why all these trolls are attacking this game, I don't think there is much wrong with the game (apart from the cameraI don't understand all the hate. Resident Evil 6 is a great game that is far better than it's predecessor (Resident Evil 5) with great graphics, better and improved controls and is much more fun to play. It's my favourite since Resident Evil 4. I honest don't understand why all these trolls are attacking this game, I don't think there is much wrong with the game (apart from the camera work) and is actually really fun to play, much better than most mainstream games such as Call of Duty and other types. Don't let the trolls fool you, this is a great game and don't let them ruin the fun for you. Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    A pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror gameA pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror game should not look here, and that's canon. Why? BSAA is a supranational organization that knows everything about BOWs (Bio-Organic Weapons) and has strike teams completely designed to eliminate threats in combat sectors. Do you know what that means? You're no longer a lost little agent in a backwater town completely unfamiliar with BOWs--everyone knows all of them you know just how to kill them, and that's what you do. It's no longer survival horror, it's action-horror. There's a difference and it's canon because everyone knows how to deal with these situations and they're no longer scary. Really fun game though, there's very few co-op shooters out there and this is probably the best. Expand
  78. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there areSome overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    I am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one isI am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one is over and then you get to literally walk down a street for 10 feet and then have to sit through another one. This isn't a good game. And what's important to note is that Capcom made 7 million copies of this mess. So if you're at all interested in buying this game, just wait a few months, this game will drop in price quicker than any other. Expand
  80. Oct 3, 2012
    This game isn't so bad that it deserves such a low user score. However, it's still probably the worst game in the core Resident Evil series. There is no horror to be had here, and the gruesome elements such as disembodied monsters, blood leaking everywhere and slimy monsters don't really have the effect that they had years ago as we've all been desensitised by it over the years.

As for

As for the actual gameplay, it's very rigid, the characters are very one-dimensional (I feel no compassion for any of the characters and I feel no threat or fear from any of the enemies), and the quick-time events (QTEs) are almost as common as the ones you'd find in a game like Heavy Rain (and that game was JUST a bunch of QTEs). However it's still quite fun shooting your way through the levels, it's just a shame there is barely any atmosphere or interactivity. The graphics are disappointing. Some textures are downright ridiculous, and makes the game feel as if it was rushed. The game in general has an unfinished feel about it.

It's a shame, as Resident Evil 5 actually felt like it had some substance, you had more control over your abilities and there was actually a couple of reasons to wander off in the levels. Here, there is nothing like that. There are some abilities you can enhance your character with but to be honest it's not the same as being able to upgrade your weapons selectively. I'm sure you've already made your conclusion about the game already, but as a person who's played all of the core Resident Evil games since the first one on the Sega Saturn, I'd say it's a pretty good game in general, but as a Resident Evil fan I'm massively disappointed.
  81. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Complete rubbish and 30+ plus hours I'lll never get back, resident evil 6 it a testament to NOT what to do when making video games regardless of genre or pedigree. Clunky controls and more quick time events than human beings on this earth, the convoluted story and broken gameplay mechanics make 2006's Sonic the hedgehog look like sega knew what they were actually doing. This title my friends represents the DOWNFALL of the gaming industry and any quality associated with it. Positives would be you could burn this disc in a pile for heat during those cold winter months. Expand
  82. Oct 5, 2012
    This is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of GhostThis is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of Ghost Recon with mutated soldiers that carry around machineguns and sniper rifle that campaign. is so boring and so repetitive it´s not even worth to play it for 5 minutes. Jake campaign does nothing special the enemies are the same mutated soldiers that appear in Chris campaign. This game was supposed to be the biggest RE of all but instead it turned out to be disappointing the only 2 good things about RE6 is Leon campaign and the mercenaries mode with zombies. If you want to play a good RE game that combines perfectly action and horror get RE, hell even RE revelations is better than this. Expand
  83. Oct 5, 2012
    Sigh...If you check those new reviewers who give RE6 a 10 at Oct. 5 named : RedLord, Jesus_Drake, Moongle Fan, Brazilian_Fan, Bono_Box, and Lopez_Show2. You will find out all 6 of them give the same score for same game on both game console. Then you get somebody named like triumphant 444 and triumphant 222. These reviews can only make RE6 looks good but can't fix RE6's problems on camera,Sigh...If you check those new reviewers who give RE6 a 10 at Oct. 5 named : RedLord, Jesus_Drake, Moongle Fan, Brazilian_Fan, Bono_Box, and Lopez_Show2. You will find out all 6 of them give the same score for same game on both game console. Then you get somebody named like triumphant 444 and triumphant 222. These reviews can only make RE6 looks good but can't fix RE6's problems on camera, menu, unbalanced combat system and too much QTEs. Yes, the game is kind of fun on the story line but you get to feel that pleasure after 20 hours. And before that, it's bad design is really annoying and you can see the factors from other action games, which can't make you feel excited to play this game Expand
  84. Feb 9, 2013
    there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise,there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise, where you're reading, you may not have liked the game, fine, but to say that the game is bad? Be man grows better: make a game better than the RE 6, to be able say that the game is bad! Expand
  85. Oct 8, 2012
    I am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I thinkI am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I think the story line is solid and the creatures in the game are probably some of the best Resident Evil monsters I've ever seen but good lord is this game frustrating to play. My advice to all Resident Evil fans is wait to buy this till its twenty bucks or if you have it handed to you for free. Other than that don't waste your time or money on this game. This installment is almost as bad as Operation Racoon City. Expand
  86. Oct 7, 2012
    It feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad butIt feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad but if your playing with two people then if the second player wants to change their perks they must go through it. Then if you want to change your perks the first player must sign out and then have the second player go through the menus, then sign back in. It also sucks that there is only one mutiplayer map and if you want to play the others you must beat 2 campaigns, thats like 10 hours just to unlock a new map. There are so many other things which just suck, when your split screen friend dies you must watch them fall to the ground on your screen and cant see what your player is doing. The bosses have weak points but good luck trying to find them without looking it up online or dying. The game gives absolutely no back story, I have no idea whats going on, and the more I play the less I care. The settings and enemies are just so ridiculous and boring (shark, dinosaur, snake, fly). The cover system is pathetic, and has absolutely no use.

The mercenaries mode is really fun tho.
  87. Oct 12, 2012
    Resident Evil ha cambiado y es un juego super completo y entretenido... no te dejes llevar por los reviews... sin duda si eres un real fanatico de la franquicia te encantara.... no es un juego perfecto pero es de lo mejor que ha salido de la franquicia... tienes para todos los gustos
  88. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the lowIt's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  89. Jan 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game looks better than disappointing re 5.Leon campaign is one of the best,puzzles,slow zombies,dark environment and much better than RE4 talking about controllings.Talking about Chris and Jake campaign is a bit disappointing reminds RE movies new series and it's a bit sucks.About Ada's campaign it's one of the best too because of the puzzles gameplay there is many puzzles and interesting storyline.The good thing is that this game is long and you won't be bored because of this game variety.Overall graphics,controls,storyline is amazing but gameplay and zombies sucks at some campaigns. Expand
  90. Oct 27, 2012
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far. Leon's campaign is awesome. Chris is nice as well. Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign. I confess, my first thought when I bought this was to play in a day and them trade, but no, I will keep this with me. LOVE IT so far. Of course we have GIANT enemies
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far.

Leon's campaign is awesome.

Chris is nice as well.

Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign.

Of course we have GIANT enemies and huge beasts plus J avos and stuff.

The graphics are well done, the textures no much. IMMERSIVE and ENTERTAINING! I LOVE IT.

LOT OF PEOPLE WHO'S COMPLAINING I BET THAT THEY DID PLAY ON YOUTUBE. I LOVED SO FAR. AGAIN IMMERSIVE AND ENTERTAINING!
  91. Oct 27, 2012
    I've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which isI've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which is the RE that you know and love. Some puzzles, dark, and zombies, zombies, zombies. There's also Chris/Piers, which is more run-and-gun than the other two campaigns. Then there's Jake/Sherry, which is, as far as I've gotten, more about puzzles and simply not dying more than anything else. I've yet to unlock Ada's story.

To anyone saying that they should take out partners... One, there's a skill that stops your partner from helping you. Two, there's Ada's campaign, where you're alone. And finally, why would they? Games today are about connectivity - playing with others - and for good reason. Co-op and multiplayer adds so much replay value and overall fun. You think as many people would buy the next Battlefield, Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed if they said there'd be no multiplayer?

Now that that's through, on to the actual game. This game is very well done. The graphics rival Final Fantasy's in-game graphics and overall mood and lighting of each campaign is fitting with each respective playstyle. The story was also crafted wonderfully. All three campaigns intertwine with each other in a magnificent manner, which leaves the player WANTING to complete all three stories. As far as controls go, I don't understand what all the hate is about. I found the controls to be much more intuitive than games in the past.
  92. Oct 9, 2012
    Trying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoyTrying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoy playing the game. I hope similar gameplay is available in the future games, but the campaigns need work, no more short campaigns could've made the game much better. I haven't played online, but the single player campaign gives you a lot of game play (20 hours). I understand the low user rating because this game is a slight disappointment, but RE and shooter fans will enjoy the game. Hopefully capcom stays away from the short campaigns in the future. Leon's campaign is the best so please give the game a chance and see what you think Expand
  93. Oct 13, 2012
    If your looking for a action packed horror game then re6 is your game.but if re6 creators focused more on horror than action, then i would've rated this game 10. But for now im at a 8.whats the best is that zombies make return.
  94. Nov 26, 2012
    Seriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am becauseSeriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am because this game is great not perfect but no game is. They need to make agent hunt with many more options and think it out a little more but great concept to use for Resident Evil 7. At least rent the game. Expand
  95. Nov 27, 2012
    I bought the archive addition of this game for the other Resident evil titles which was worth every penny. For the Resident evil 6 game itself, i thought it was great. You can see how different the game play is from the other Resident evil titles. The story is pretty good as well as the graphics. The only thing i didnt care for is how much you run out of ammo and how much time you spendI bought the archive addition of this game for the other Resident evil titles which was worth every penny. For the Resident evil 6 game itself, i thought it was great. You can see how different the game play is from the other Resident evil titles. The story is pretty good as well as the graphics. The only thing i didnt care for is how much you run out of ammo and how much time you spend looking for ammo. Also i felt that some of the beasts were way overpowered with too much HP which caused me to run out of ammo before killing resorting to grenades. Nothing is redily available which is what i think developers were after, if something like mass infection really happened, supplies would be hard to come by. Overall i enjoyed this game and am very happy to have the rest in the archive edition. Expand
  96. Oct 29, 2012
    The only think that keeps the game held at a 4/10 is Leon / Ada campaign. These two campaigns are somewhat good, maybe the same level of resident evil 5, superior in some sense but inferior in another. Leon's campaign did not go too over board with the problems in the other two campaigns. Jake's campaign consist of absurd quick time events and running at awkward camera angles. Many ofThe only think that keeps the game held at a 4/10 is Leon / Ada campaign. These two campaigns are somewhat good, maybe the same level of resident evil 5, superior in some sense but inferior in another. Leon's campaign did not go too over board with the problems in the other two campaigns. Jake's campaign consist of absurd quick time events and running at awkward camera angles. Many of the zombies have guns, rocket launchers, tuxedos, snipers, tanks, parachutes, helicopters, and karate... enough pointless junk that would make any video gamer, fan or no fan, puke. There is even has driving segments that have no business being in the game. The bosses are the same person in this campaign so nothing new and interesting.

Chris's campaign is basically the same thing, only this time you occasionally fight some interesting bosses. Summary: Leon campaign: 8/10 - Decent bosses, not too many frustrating QTE or camera issues

Ada: 8/10 - Same Chris: 0/10 - J' avo do not feel like B.O.W.s or zombies or parasite infected, they feel like enemies in an uncharted game. Many bad camera issues, too many quick time events. Jake: 0/10 - J' avo issues, even more bad camera issues, an absurd amount of quick time events, and many vehicle moments that don't suit the game well.

Story: 8/10 - story was decent, but there are many plot holes

Controls: 9/10 - the controls are consistent and the work but most of it seems unnecessary for a good game. Inventory: 2/10 - Each character gets over 6 guns and the ammo takes up all the space, this would have been avoided if they made 1 person hold different guns like in RE5.

Boss fights: 5/10: Some bosses were pretty good, but some were scripted.

Puzzles: 0/10 - no puzzles, or anything requiring much thought.

Characters: 7/10 - The characters were not at their best this time around with the exception of Ada.

Verdict: 4/10
  97. Mar 8, 2014
    Resident Evil is a very popular franchise and also a longevive one. I can truly say that Revelation and 6 broke the ice; the best until now, maybe better than 4, but I am not going to compare the latest games with a 10-years-old games.
    Resident Evil 6 impressed me and I think a lot of players. The story and the connectivity made me think about Capcom capacity and concept. The graphics are awesome, especially on PC. The gameplay is good polished, as it tests you everytime, giving you some decisions and something new at every story of that 4.
    The characters are cool and has different personalities. I like that everyone had its own role in the story and Ada made a lot of players asking: ,, Is she good or evil?"
    But no, I said, the graphics, characters, levels, story, gameplay and places are great.
    The thing I liked best and I hardly understood is that the story is following the same way as the first Resident Evil, 4 and also Raccoon city, which is great and a rare thing, as every new game in a series changes completely the story, but here no.
    So, it's a very good game, the best in RE franchise. So, I give it a 10
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    BIG SIGH CAPCOM, are you happy now? You have your BIG **** ACTION GAME, good job. Im sure you made every 12 year old cream their pants for you exploding helicopters and roundhouse kicking zombies in the face, who cares if you killed the mood with your nonstop "crank it to 'leven" shenanigans, the disjointed, frankly STUPID storytelling, the plain jane boring ass characters, makes me wantBIG SIGH CAPCOM, are you happy now? You have your BIG **** ACTION GAME, good job. Im sure you made every 12 year old cream their pants for you exploding helicopters and roundhouse kicking zombies in the face, who cares if you killed the mood with your nonstop "crank it to 'leven" shenanigans, the disjointed, frankly STUPID storytelling, the plain jane boring ass characters, makes me want to grab you by the collar, slam your head against the ceiling and spit/shout in your corrupted face. **** YOU Expand
  99. Oct 2, 2012
    To start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the sameTo start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the same over the shoulder angle and computer controlled melee attacks. The melee attacks are a lot more rounded, however, and feel useful especially early in game. The gun and weapon effects are good and powerful; if you shoot the knee you notice the difference but could easily have been better.
    At one or two points stagnant zombies laying in wait for a timed event to happen are considered environment, only minutes later to come "to life", which seems a little peculiar and unrealistic especially if you've just unloaded a few rounds at them. If your familiar with the interface of the previous game your going to have to learn another one, but really boost the amount of equipment you can carry. Not complex but fiddly to start. If you a fan of the previous iteration then your not going to be disappointed and you may be used to the change if you played through the series.
    Bad points: Similar to the previous, some better AI and less mindless mindless zombies.
    Good points: A sense of completionist accomplishment, decent action and decent fun. You also get to shoot zombies in the face all under the name of Redfield.
  100. Oct 11, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.