5.0

1. Sep 22, 2017
    Resident evil 4 changed up the game play formula quite a bit and made things truly feel like everything was happening in a life like environment. Part 5 was very similar but focused more on action rather than story and creepyness. Part 6 goes full mental and it's not even resident evil anymore. It's more like a Micheal bay film set piece... The story is terrible... The whole thing was aResident evil 4 changed up the game play formula quite a bit and made things truly feel like everything was happening in a life like environment. Part 5 was very similar but focused more on action rather than story and creepyness. Part 6 goes full mental and it's not even resident evil anymore. It's more like a Micheal bay film set piece... The story is terrible... The whole thing was a let down... I'm having trouble liking anything about this game except for maybe the first 5 minutes of Leons storyline. I give this trash a 4... Maybe a 5 with all the DLC. Expand
  2. Feb 27, 2016
    the worst resident evil of the franchice if you truly love resident evil you will certaintly hate this a truly disgrace for the series -10/10 from me.
  3. Feb 17, 2016
    ****
    Es una reverenda porquería comparada con los originales, es una lástima que la generación de ahora tenga un gusto poco desarrollado por los videojuegos pero aquellos que somos exigentes encontraremos que es una total y completa basura, no solo como parte de una saga importante sino como juego en sí.
    Nula historia, exagerada acción, controles terribles, cámara nefasta.
  4. Nov 9, 2015
    this game is a BIG f*** to all Resident Evil fan, this game is terrible at all levels. Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, completely incoherent storyline and not respecting the other games in the series, what they did to Leon, he lost all his charisma and class in this BIG CASH GRAB. This game is not resident evil, it is a betrayal to the entire series. I can not even understand howthis game is a BIG f*** to all Resident Evil fan, this game is terrible at all levels. Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, completely incoherent storyline and not respecting the other games in the series, what they did to Leon, he lost all his charisma and class in this BIG CASH GRAB. This game is not resident evil, it is a betrayal to the entire series. I can not even understand how someone can put a score above of 0. This game doesn't deserve the slightest of your attention, it should rather disappear from the timeline, burn every copy of the game and disappear from the face of the earth! Expand
  5. Aug 28, 2015
    If you don't like Resident Evil, You will Like Resident Evil 6! What a disappointing game overall, flaws everywhere. Where do I even start? This game is too long first off. If you want to play the game through with a friend, you will both become disinterested by the half way mark. The camera is balls, you character is in the middle of the screen and you cant see **** God awful levelIf you don't like Resident Evil, You will Like Resident Evil 6! What a disappointing game overall, flaws everywhere. Where do I even start? This game is too long first off. If you want to play the game through with a friend, you will both become disinterested by the half way mark. The camera is balls, you character is in the middle of the screen and you cant see **** God awful level design, everything looks the same in this **** game. **** co-op, dated mechanics, bad hit detection, difficulty spikes, **** AI, bad cover system, no survival, and no horror. So what do you get, a ****y game that's not fun. Resident evil 5 was at least a good co-op action game, but Resident Evil 6 and the word good should not be in the same **** sentence. This game is not all bad, Mercenaries is okay with a friend, but not as good as Resident Evil 5's Mercenaries. Overall, don't buy this game. Expand
  6. Aug 25, 2015
    Restident Evil started dipping with Resident Evil 5, but however Resident Evil 5 wasn't a bad game however. RE5 emulated RE4 inflluintial control sceme, and transplanted it in dumbed down level design in size and scope. Despite how much of the magic RE5 extinguished from RE4s flame, RE5 has a charming section or two, especially the one in the cave with the light. Re6 however, has noRestident Evil started dipping with Resident Evil 5, but however Resident Evil 5 wasn't a bad game however. RE5 emulated RE4 inflluintial control sceme, and transplanted it in dumbed down level design in size and scope. Despite how much of the magic RE5 extinguished from RE4s flame, RE5 has a charming section or two, especially the one in the cave with the light. Re6 however, has no redeming charm what so ever. Locations are really bland and lack personality, control scheme is an absolute mess, inventory management is painful, and worse all, Re6 is so repetitive that you end up wanting to fill your ears with power drills. Re6 is boring, its exaughsting, its horribly repetitive, non stop action, it **** hurts, and most of all the gameplay design is just bad all around. There are hardly no witty sections in this game, its walk forward shoot kick kick kick kick, this game is so obsessed with action that it would make Micheal Bays cock catch erectile dysfunction. This game is **** numbingly excruciating to play through. **** this game, it is terrible, 4 / 10. Expand
  7. Jul 11, 2015
    Ok.... So let me start out by mentioning that it is currently 2015 and this game was such a slimy turd that I still feel compelled to get things off of my chest regarding this travesty... first a set up: by happenstance I stumbled upon this review and noticed that many(though not all) positive reviews particularly those who chose to give the game 10/10 rating stated that they were doing soOk.... So let me start out by mentioning that it is currently 2015 and this game was such a slimy turd that I still feel compelled to get things off of my chest regarding this travesty... first a set up: by happenstance I stumbled upon this review and noticed that many(though not all) positive reviews particularly those who chose to give the game 10/10 rating stated that they were doing so to negate the many negative reviews. I was flummoxed by the thought some one could be such an apologist for a product that they felt that had to defend it as if was a bullied child...any way.... I want to say that I really tried and will continue to try to not judge the game for what it isnt, its not survival horror and did not try to be; so although as a fan of RE4 and to a lesser extent RE5, I woundn't judge it for being a slap in the face to fans of the slower paced but more tense and rewarding survival horrorish type style....

This is/was a video game version of a Micheal Bay graphically brilliant but **** show in every other aspect possible. the story is a convoluted mess, character development not present, and garbage voice acting...I can forgive that as it was some what expected at the time of purchase..... what I cannot abide by is the awful game play which was a obscene copulation of BLACK(xbox 360)+Dystany warriors(take your pick they're all the same) and Drake of the 99 Dragons( XBOX). the player has near invincibility, you can just about pull the ol' superman slap-a-ho routine and easily defeat 90% of enemies, there is no strategy needed as ammo is so prevalent that you can barn blast without consequence, and but of course... the camera sucks....elderly wrinkled testes.

the game had a decent idea with 3 separate story lines which were to converge later in the game, but the game play was so non-varied and repetitive that the idea never really took off, the level design was pretty lame as well. I reference the uninspired train battle in witch you fight a mutant dog type thing, defeat it and then i turns into monthra....awesome.....or how about the snow level where a single hit sends you sliding all the way down long but very gradual slope ... just like a real bad ass zombie/monster slayer would in real life....

this game gets a 1 due to the fact the graphics were nice, the Xbox did recognize the disk, and the comic relief that me and my cousin had laughing about how bad I had just gotten fleeced.... this game blew and deserved every score less than 3.....ok I'm done.....
  8. Jun 4, 2015
    A ****ing DISASTER!!! A CLUSTER**** of the greatest magnitude!!!

****ing THOUSANDS of Quicktime Events holding you back all the time! Loading, loading, ****ing LOADING all the time, right at crucial points in the action, when you're all worked up! ****ing HANDGUN AMMO up the arse - LONG after the stage when a handgun's of any ****ing USE - cluttering up your inventory! The
    A ****ing DISASTER!!! A CLUSTER**** of the greatest magnitude!!!

****ing THOUSANDS of Quicktime Events holding you back all the time!

The pick-up-item button's the same as the reload button, so every time you press it, you reload, and get ****ed by a zombie.

Ridiculous aiming position - every time you aim, you're looking at the ****ing GROUND!

Stupid ****ing camera views disorientating you all the time.

Etc, etc, et-***ing-cetera........................

That's all the effort i'm prepared to expend, to describe this foul **** from the arse of Satan himself.

This game throws **** in your face at every turn! This is the END of me playing not only Resident Evil, but games in general: It's THAT BAD! - A complete ****ing WASTE OF TIME, and THEN SOME....!

The most brutal, violent road-rage killings pale into insignificance beside what you'd like to do to the programmers of this garbage!

It's like they DELIBERATELY programmed it just to annoy people to the point where they'll commit a horrific murder, or mass murder, which makes Hannibal Lecter look like a fluffy pink bunny.

The makers of this horrendous insult should not only be barred from making videogames - they should be imprisoned, tried at Nuremberg for serious crimes against the videogaming public, sentenced to torture and death, then thrown into Hell for a thousand years to suffer grisly torments at the hands of ferocious demons, so that they can feel the gigantic suffering of all those who have had this foul, black vomit inflicted on them.

Resident Evil 4 was fantastic, despite its flaws. Number 5 was a gross breach of trust, a super-annoying, rage-inducingh insult to the greatness of 4, which robbed the makers of Number 4 of almost all the respect they had from people. And Number 6? - Even WORSE than 5, and just makes you want to break all contact with the toxic makers of the series and hope that they suffer horrendously for their disgraceful crimes against Gaming.

Honestly, a score of zero is FAR too good for this: I would have given it -9 if i could. It's THAT BAD!

My advice to anyone considering buying it: DON'T! Even if you get it for a pound or a dollar, it's not worth all the mental anguish it will cause you! It will ****ing RUIN you!!!

A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, which has you BELLOWING and ROARING at the screen all the time like ****ing KING KONG on angel dust, or a mixture of HITLER, HANNIBAL LECTER, and HARVEY KEITEL all rolled into one!!! - It's enough to send many people to a ****ing PSYCHIATRIST!

It will ruin your mood, day after day, demoralise you psychologically, and leave you sitting there impotently raging at the makers - knowing that you're unable to inflict the gruesome punishment on them that they deserve, and wishing you were a millionaire so that you could take contracts out on all of them with a professional hitman - who you would gladly pay extra to torture them for weeks or months before killing them.

R E 4 will NEVER be equalled: Don't waste your time hoping. Give up on this crowd of imbeciles. Don't allow them to continue making a living from putting out such poor, insulting, demoralising rubbish !

They are making money from misery. They should be made DESTITUTE from mass-refunding of the money that they've made from annoying, irritating, enfuriating, and DEMORALISING people with this perfunctorily-made, uninspired, over-complicated, half-hearted, designed-by-committee mixture of lukewarm diarrhoea mixed with vomit, which even the demons of Hell would disown on account of it being so lacking-in-passion, sloppy, shoddy, and fourth-rate.

An absolute CLUSTER****, as i said at the start - it would drive a saint to mass murder.

If the makers of this ridiculous f***ing tragedy don't refund everyone the money they've wasted on it (AND number 5!), pay for their psychologists' bills, and pay them damages for all the mental anguish and suffering they've undergone, they really should profusely apologise to the gaming public on TV and the internet, before resigning, then committing ritual suicide by disembowelment - such is the gargantuan shame due to them for this poor, disgust-inspiring, hate-inspiring INSULT ! ! !

I spit in their faces, and **** on their graves, and say to them, in the manner of Steven Seagal: **** YOU AND DIE!", before letting the videogame demons of Hell carry them away to their just and gruesome desserts......

"TOTAL SCUM" is my description of the game's makers. I hope they read this review and DIE of SHAME!

DON'T believe ANY positive reviews by Videogame Sellers: They just want your money, and to shift a bad product - a TURKEY, a real STINKER - off their shelves! DON'T BE RIPPED OFF!!!
  9. Mar 28, 2015
    Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4 dead or Dead rising but not this. Expand
  10. Jan 25, 2015
    RE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make itRE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make it worthy of a score above 0. Expand
  11. Jan 2, 2015
    This game is just bad; completely unplayable. Camera and controls are horrible. I enjoyed RE4 and RE5 despite being shooters, but RE6 is mediocre.

Stay away from this turd and save your money.
  12. Dec 30, 2014
    This shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in thatThis shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in that aspect.

13. Dec 16, 2014
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Yes, there is horror in the game: the controls! Several times, you do not have a clue what button you have to press, in what direction you have to go etc. And worse: The camera sometimes changes, so you are inevitably completely lost. And in these parts you are normally under heavy time pressure, so you die and die and die and have to start the whole sequence from the beginning again and again and again...
    Horribly frustrating, yes. Next time, please give the player a chance to beat these sequences!
  14. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  15. Jul 11, 2014
    Its not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface theIts not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface the game looks great and is a testament to the game engine, there is better looking action scenes and character models and animations but there no immersion or atmosphere . Its the gameplay that ruins it. They spent to much time making it look good and not enough time play testing it. The combat frustrated me to a point I have not had to with games in years. RE controls were never great but they were balanced. Same with the story, RE story have never been very fluid, but they suited there individual games well, RE6s story in an uninteresting mess. All in all its the most disappointing game I think I have ever played, Mostly because RE4 is one of my favourite games of all times Expand
  16. Jun 27, 2014
    RE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have completeRE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have complete directional control over the project. The guy is a video game legend, but a legendary ass for allowing such a great series to sink to the murky depths of the ocean.

As pissed off as I am at how utterly sh*t the series has become, I am confident that Mikami will create the true RE4 spiritual successor in The Evil Within.
  17. Jun 27, 2014
    For Capcom to market this as a survival horror is disgraceful. To get straight to the point the game is a giant waste, especially if you are fan of the series. It will be one giant let down.

As for the campaign, it is focused on co-op which is fine but if you are playing with a CPU then it can get quite annoying especially on higher difficulties. The campaign is split up into four

The campaign is split up into four sections, three you have from the beginning and one that is unlocked later on. Each campaign is as boring as the previous one with no originality which goes a long with the horrid writing and boring characters which at once were interesting characters.... well Leon was at least.

Music has never been something Resident Evil was known for so you can assume the music was not memorable at the least.

Mechanics wise the game has been stripped of all horror mechanics and added a lot of typical third person shooter mechanics which dumb the game down if you are going for a survival horror game.

Which brings me back around to this.. the series sadly I doubt will ever be the same again. The game has slowly transitioned into a action game rather than a survival horror game. Resident Evil 4 and 5 started the transition and Resident Evil 6 completed it.

Bottom line, do NOT pick this game up especially if you played and enjoyed any previous Resident Evil game (Except Resident Evil 5). Even if you haven't played a Resident Evil game, it is not worth picking up. Let it collect dust at Gamestop.

*I am late to reviewing a lot of these games but I recently created an account so I am making up for lost time.*
  18. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  19. May 15, 2014
    Congratulations. This isn't just the worst resident evil game ever created, this is one of the worst games i've played in recent history. RE games are starting to go downhill very quickly. 5 wasn't good, but it was at least playable. This is just absolute trash, and Capcom should be ashamed to even have their name associated with this pile.
  20. Apr 5, 2014
    Wow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a bigWow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a big let down... The ammo never runs out and the story is just crap and you have made it into some stupid 12 year old shooter where everything is gonna be "cool" and just overpowered. I was literally laughing through the cut scenes of how overpowered everything is and how it's not what it used to be. You have totally lost the red thread in this series. From being one of the best horror games on the game market to being this crap. I'm so disappointed and angry at the same time. I've played through the game to be able to have a valid opinion but as for me (a true resident evil fan) this is it for me. I will keep playing the old games cause they are really good but if you are gonna keep release this kind of resident evil games then I don't want anything to do with it. I'm ding dong diddly done... Expand
  21. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  22. Feb 10, 2014
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The Haos Chamber is a chaos, I can't tell which direction I'm going with the camera moving like that.
    They are too much QTEs in the game, though that didn't really effect how I feel in gaming. The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just one run through Haos Chamber and you can tell how bad fixed camera can do in action games
  23. Jan 15, 2014
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    If Capcom wanted to make a new game series with people who wear a mask and turn into dust when they die, or better yet turn into a T-Rex when they die. Make a new game series, but don't use characters from a well known series to make a new game. In no way, back in 1997 did Resident Evil plan to turn out like this, If you've ever played the first 3 games you would know this, Even going by the in game memos you find, Its a ZOMBIE outbreak, Not a mask to dust outbreak. If Albert Wesker really is dead, then there is no coming back to true form. He was Alpha teams squad leader turned bad guy. He didn't have a mystical jacket that made him Neo from the Matrix. What a bad way to turn out. Capcom need to stop spoon feeding 4.7 billion versions of Street Fighter 4. The game is 6 years old, Let it die already. No wonder Mikami has left Capcom. Anybody who rates this game as good, then shame on you because you are the people who are killing this series off. I would rather see Capcom go bankrupt if they think of making another bad Resident Evil game. Make it survival horror Like 1/2/3 or better yet, Like the Gamecube remake, Thats the only good Reisdent Evil game and not even in the last ten years. 4 is not the best, And I wouldn't even call 4 a Resident Evil game either. One more bad Resident Evil game on console (Handheld versions such as the 3DS etc are always going to be bad) but one more AAA version that sucks, Although I have been a die hard Resident Evil fan since 1997, I will honestly never buy another Capcom game other then the next Marvel vs Capcom, or a Resident Evil remake of 2 like the gamecube game that should have happened. Please don't rate this game high or Capcom will never learn what the fans want and how to make money again!
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

Resident evil as a franchise did so well in the early years of leaving you to your own devices often with a chess piece, a knife and a square crank and it gave you little to no direction as to what to do next. It was intriguing, exciting, and a tense experience which left me completing the first 3 (4 was okay) games over and over again.

This game gives you guns, explosions, cut scenes and bottle feeds you set piece after set piece. It just felt like I was going through the motions, often reading Facebook on my phone whilst the cut scenes played out occasionally hitting a button so that the game knew I was still awake.

The bits of the game play that I was allowed to get involved with were generally good, that is the minute and a half of game play inbetween button bashing, set pieces and monologues.

I played the demo and thought this would be okay, Leon's campaign was borderline good, but the others were so abysmally poor/ unplayable I cant't score this higher than 1.

I regret that this game will be the last Resident Evil Game I purchase. It has destroyed the franchise for me.
  25. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  26. Sep 20, 2013
    Please tell me why the hell the 6 is a giraffe getting a blow job from a person? The shooting is no good, the aiming is stiff, it feels like you're controlling a turret with rusty gears!
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    THis game is honestly retarted, it is the worst RE game in fact the game is so bad George Bush wouldnt even wipe is arse on it, ITS THAT BAD, REALLY BIG LET DOWN, SELL THE GOD DAMN THING OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK PEOPLE U DON"T WANT THIS SELL IT DAMN IT SELL IT
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Resident Evil 5 made so much money (probably because Resident Evil 4 was a massive hit) and never truly lived up to the hype of Res 4. In my honest opinion they sold out to make more money and break into the COD target audience (12-16 year males) with action, action, action. Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different playable characters (where lets be honest 95 of us just wanted to play as Leon and maybe the other 5% as Chris) and more quick time events then you could handle. It seems they are just more interested in making a action based game for the yung'uns to make money then making a horror survival for a smaller audience.

You would think they would of learnt their mistake with Res 5 but nope they saw that it took loads of money so decided to stick with that action horror genre (and even calling it action 'HORROR' is being grateful)

If you enjoy playing as characters you don't care about and you have to have action every 2 seconds and just wanna shot some zombars then go for it, this is the game for you.

If you are a fan of the series (well until Res4 that is) then i suggest that you don't go anywhere near it as Capcom are not catering for your needs anymore.

They had such potential with Leon & maybe Chris that they could of done something so much better but as i read from a critic on this very website that apparently 600 people went into making this game then it is literally like a game where they didn't know what direction they wanted to take so just chucked random stuff together and then went "taaa daaaa" "please buy this game, we have explosions and quick time events for all you kiddies that don't have to work out any puzzles or even think a little"

i get frustrated because they had it all and once again like EA they wanted to make as much money as possible and stick two fingers up at you..

I apologize for keep repeating myself about the action and quick time events but imagine Res 1 when you first encounter the dogs through the windows in the hall way or the Licker on the ceiling or either res 2 with the zombies at the beginning or that bastard on the bus and it was all quick time events and you had to press the shoulder buttons to move left and right, it wouldn't feel the same now would it. They dumbed it down and made it in to a movie and lets be honest who gives a f about Jake or whats her name.
  29. Jul 11, 2013
    Worrying look at the future

IS this really how Capcom thinks we westerners want to play games? A series of quick time events linked by 20 second bursts of holding A and forward on the left stick make up large parts of two of the campaigns here. Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game
    Worrying look at the future

Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game throughout too.

This game is an ordeal which i have barely had the patience to see through top the end.

Last night I finally finished the Chris campaign (worst of a bad bunch) by leaving the final boss battle primarily up to the AI partner.

Another low point of the Chris campaign was when my sister rang, forcing me to put the pad down but leave the game running.

50 mins later i found i had not died and had actually progressed through the second chapter.

It turns out that Capcom probably just want you to 'ooh' and 'aah' through huge chunks of their games without questioning anything like plot, interactivity, challenge (not counting random deaths) or skill.

OH, did i mention the horrible control scheme and camera movement?

Jeezus...holding three buttons to shoot out of cover sems a bit much, as does constantly rotating the camera angle to show you yet another pwetty expwosion those clever guys put in for you all add up to major gameplay problems...

SO..overlong..overwrought..underwritten...undertested..unbearable.
  30. Jun 8, 2013
    I, like many other Resident Evil fans, was disappointed with the direction the series took with its fifth mainline title which was made just about tolerable thanks to its co-op mode. Resident Evil 6 takes things further down the action route to the extent that this is Resident Evil in name only.

Split into three fairly lengthy campaigns, all of which offer different styles of gameplay, there is certainly no shortage of content on offer here. Leon’s campaign is certainly the closest to the original survival horror style and is certainly playable to some degree but I could barely tolerate the campaigns of Chris or Jake for ten minutes before giving up through pure anger. Both are pure action fares, and not even good ones. Chris’s campaign seemed to be trying to copy the cover based Gears of War template without any success whilst Jake’s seemed to involve no more than pressing the attack button over and over again until I’d killed all the enemies on screen.

Over the years I've enjoyed playing action based shooters as much as anyone but that’s not what I want from Resident Evil and, if you are going to try to capture some of the Call of Duty audience, you need to create a game that is a damn site better than this shambling mess.

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.