Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    The reviews up are just shredding this game. But to be honest, I can't fault them. I was there, saving up my $$$ for months just to buy a PS1 and play Resident Evil. I have been there from RE1 all the way till now. The only reason I even purchased a Dreamcast system was for RE: Code Veronica.

I see RE6 for rent and snap it up to take home. I put it in my Xbox 360 and played for 20 minutes. I put the controller down, put it back in the rental box and returned it. It was that horrifyingly stripped of everything Resident Evil used to be so long ago.

This is a generic action shooter with undead creatures roaming around that you can kill or melee to death. It is linear, which is everything that the old RE's never stood for. You could adventure and explore to your own peril if you so chose, and you would hopefully find a single box of 10 bullets or 1 round for a grenade launcher you didn't even have yet, which would only make you salivate to finally find that grenade launcher. None of this exists in this game.

If you are a new comer to the RE franchise, then welcome aboard. You'll love the game because you never tried the older ones that actually challenged you. If you are an old-school RE fan, then let this one slip past and fade into obscurity where it belongs.

I did not like anything about the game and how it started or kept going. It was boring and linear, and the QTE's (button pushing Quick Time Events) yank you right out of the game and don't allow you to even look up on the screen to see whatever the hell your character is doing during the cutscene. Dev's..? I'd actually like to WATCH the cutscene, instead of keeping my eyes focused on the bottom of the screen like I'm watching a subbed Jap anime. This game is a shallow shadow of it's former glory. Old-schoolers stay away, leave this game for the fluffy noobs that never knew how awesome RE used to be....

And for those thinking: "dude... this guy only played 20 minutes of the first chapter... wtf, how can he write a bad review... QQQ?"
    To answer: I've played countless games, and if it's fun I'll play it. If it sucks, then I stop playing after a little bit and return the rental. I fell asleep playing RE 5 and couldn't get past the linear boring play style of RE 6. Something has happened to this franchise.

I had more fun playing Mark of the Ninja (a new 2-D side scroller, put over 30 hrs+ into it), this game got on my last nerve in under 20 minutes...
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    Esto no es un Resident Evil, es una mezcla mala de Call of Duty y Gears of war. La an cagado mucho con este juego, yo no lo voy a comprar por que no lo merece.
  4. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  5. Oct 10, 2012
    I'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it'sI'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it's not a bad game. Many people are hating on the controls but I found that after a bit of time with them they felt natural and I was dodging and popping off headshots without much trouble. One big standout when in regards to gameplay is that RE6 has a MUCH greater emphasis on hand to hand combat. It's basically a necessity but I feel the implementation was done well and feels visceral. Level design and set pieces are hit or miss but generally get the job done. RE6 shines when it tries to get back to it's roots of survival horror and Leon's campaign has a number of great moments. Chris' campaign fell a bit more flat due to the repetitive nature of some of the gunfights and lack of tension during most of it (save one area where you're scrambling to retrieve keys in tight corridors while numerous monsters capable of 1-shotting you are wandering the halls). My assumption is that Jake's campaign will play more like Chris' and Ada's will be more like Leon's but ultimately the game has kept me engaged enough to want to see it all the way through. Despite it's flaws, it's very entertaining and worth a play but you may want to wait until the price drops. Expand
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Having been a fan of the series for over a decade, I had a bad feeling when I first played BH5, an obvious change of direction after 4, which was a master piece but a game which arguably changed the foundational elements: horror and helplessness which defined the original Bio Hazard.
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD action and frustrating fighter.
    Even as a GAME it fails to be accessible and rewarding, relying solely on harvesting fans's emotional attachment to the high polygon version of the character they have grew to care about.
    In one word, AVOID.
  7. Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah ok, we all got it: it's not the Resident Evil that we came to appreciate and love back in the 90s. I'd like the thinking people to get over the QQ of all the fanboys and actually give this game a try.
    Mind you, it's not the best game ever made, much less the best Resident Evil ever made: the controls take a while to get used to, especially if you still have your brain set on RE4-5, but it gets better after playing a bit. The whole story and atmosphere has moved from the horror genre to a more action packed game style, which is not really a problem, as the feel of your typical RE is still there. Everything is faster, easier, more on par with today's shooters (yes, you can finally STRAFE AND DODGE). If the AI partner in RE5 made you want to pull your own eyes out, this time the bot controlled partner is there but not really there: doesn't get in the way, has his/her own ammo, doesn't require healing, doesn't spam his/her healings on you, and is actually very helpful instead of being a pure pain in the butt.

Now, the bad sides of the game: the main menu is poor in design and really not intuitive. Playing a local co-op can be a very frustrating experience, both because it takes a while to figure out how to actually do it, and also because the local split-screen is a complete mess. To keep the aspect ratio, you're forced to play in two tiny little windows with tons of blank space on the sides and there's no way to fix it. You're given the opportunity to play with unlimited ammo on the get-go, and while it's completely optional, it made me think "Kids these days want everything handed over to them". There is a cover system in the game, like leaning on a wall and peeking out to shoot, but it's extremely sloppy and unresponsive: most of the times it doesn't work or it isn't necessary, since the zombies with a form of ranged attack are few in between. I'm guessing it'll be more useful if there's any form of player versus player, but considering how hard it is to make your character stick to a wall, I doubt this feature will be of any use.

Cutting the crap: I give this game a 7. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I enjoy the characters, the skill system, the general feel of the game, the action. Don't listen to the people QQing and give it a try. All in all, it's a solid game.
  8. Oct 10, 2012
    Great game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are someGreat game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are some qualities: Great graphics, 30 HOURS, 4 differents campaigns, 7 playable characters, great monsters to fight, great variety in gameplay drive a car, a motorbike, swim, fly a jet, Q.T.E. In my opinion buy this game Expand
  9. Oct 10, 2012
    Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!
  10. Oct 10, 2012
    Resident Evil used to be a scary survival horror innovator. It used to be unique and a leader in its respective field. Now it is just another Gears of War type action game. It has lost its way and has become a generic Micheal Bay title. True Resident Evil fans avoid it and show Capcom we don't want another generic shooter. If the sales figures reflect this they could actually make a uniqueResident Evil used to be a scary survival horror innovator. It used to be unique and a leader in its respective field. Now it is just another Gears of War type action game. It has lost its way and has become a generic Micheal Bay title. True Resident Evil fans avoid it and show Capcom we don't want another generic shooter. If the sales figures reflect this they could actually make a unique survival horror title. Expand
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    What could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooterWhat could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooter there is just nothing to see here that can't be found (and done much better) in any number of other games out there. It's just so ham fisted and poorly executed that I honestly wonder if anyone play tested it before release. Expand
  12. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time eventsI just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time events to annoyingly escape from the zombie and boss grapple holds and the long-winded and repetitive boss fights towards the end of each campaign chapter. Finally, my last complaint is that Capcom once again stupidly reduced the split screen size similar to lost planet 2 splitscreen which makes the screen split too small to enjoy playing. Negatives aside, I personally enjoyed playing this game so far and found there were genuine horror- tension during the gameplay particularly during Leon's campaign and yes even in Chris's campaign when his squad wad slowly dying gruesomely around him. Overall, this game is one of the better action games released this year
    I do understand that this game has deviated significantly from its survival horror roots since I did play resident evil 1 and 4. So i will not strongly recommend this game to the series's fans. However, for those who are interested in the action genre mixed with diluted survival horror I suggest you should try this game out.
  13. Oct 9, 2012
    Capcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just druggedCapcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just drugged up whores that are bruised and pushed by their pimps. That is what happens when the money starts to hurt. Japan's Capcom has turned it's beautiful flowers into drug pushing street hookers that have turned ugly. You can still make good creations when money is tight. I remember I was in a japanese museum that had an artistic box created out of rope and red wax by a prisoner for 20 years and it was beautiful. It just takes care, not money. RE6 is just careless. It was such a traumatizing experience that I was careless at work and ended up losing my job last week. I was so distraught that my favorite series has turned so bad that I lost my job... The game has nothing that makes sense. The whole game feels very uncomfortable, from the lighting to the artwork, to the sounds, to every choice of the game. It is a very disjointed game. And I am glad I rented it for $2 at redbox as opposed to actually buying my pre-ordered copy at gamestop. Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2012
    I am so monumentally disappointed with this game. I have been a fan of Resident Evil for years, played all the games and this is by far the worst. It doesn't even feel like a game - Chris and Jake's campaigns consist of running pointlessly from one cut-scene to the next. Playing this game is like being an extra in a poorly written movie.

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is not too bad.
  15. Oct 9, 2012
    Where to start, maybe no manual. I know it's petty but hey I am paying $60. What if I didn't have access online, or didn't want to figure out the Gordian not also known as the in game menu. Don't get me started on the menu in game, cause it's about as useless as the plot in this game. The prologue? Capcom owes me 20 minutes of my life back and by the way, may the fleas of a thousandWhere to start, maybe no manual. I know it's petty but hey I am paying $60. What if I didn't have access online, or didn't want to figure out the Gordian not also known as the in game menu. Don't get me started on the menu in game, cause it's about as useless as the plot in this game. The prologue? Capcom owes me 20 minutes of my life back and by the way, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of whoever decided it would be brilliant to make it mandatory to get to the actual game menu and then be able to play co-op AFTER the prologue. Now I know why 4 hours+ of the game is cut scenes, so the QA team didn't commit seppuku. They could actually go get a redbull and their antidepressants. The melee combat is atrocious. I love how almost all my hits miss unless 5 planets align. How's the camera you ask? It's about as useful as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory. Co-op is the only way I can stand this game because if your gonna pull rusty red hot shrapnel out of your kneecap, you might as well have help. I have been inexplicably dropped from the game just before the end of the chapter only to rejoin and find I had 7 seconds in game at summary screen and nothing to show for it. Well done re6 well done. I have been at some please wait to reconnect screen which never did find my partner again, I am assuming he was sent to another of re6s rings of hell to suffer alone. Yeah and thanks for explaining things like stamina or bomb detonating as well. Wow just wow. What else lets see....oh yeah QTEs. I think we need more. Maybe like 4 hours+ worth to match the cut scenes. Yo Capcom, a pit in the desert is calling, ET Atari cartridges want some company. Expand
  16. Oct 9, 2012
    Trying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoyTrying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoy playing the game. I hope similar gameplay is available in the future games, but the campaigns need work, no more short campaigns could've made the game much better. I haven't played online, but the single player campaign gives you a lot of game play (20 hours). I understand the low user rating because this game is a slight disappointment, but RE and shooter fans will enjoy the game. Hopefully capcom stays away from the short campaigns in the future. Leon's campaign is the best so please give the game a chance and see what you think Expand
  17. Oct 9, 2012
    I just finished Leon's campaign on veteran, total time for 5 chapters +- 13 hours. I had a freakin blast!! I Honestly dont know what the majority's problem with the game is.Yes the game's got the horror aspect, to those who think think the opposite, you probably dont know the meaning of the word horror. RE6 is for sure better than RE5 not as good as RE4.Cant really compare RE1 and RE2 withI just finished Leon's campaign on veteran, total time for 5 chapters +- 13 hours. I had a freakin blast!! I Honestly dont know what the majority's problem with the game is.Yes the game's got the horror aspect, to those who think think the opposite, you probably dont know the meaning of the word horror. RE6 is for sure better than RE5 not as good as RE4.Cant really compare RE1 and RE2 with RE6 its like comparing C&C with Starcraft 2,With two campaigns remaining, I guess add another 20 hours to complete both campaigns and you got a game that gives +- 30-40 hours of gameplay and that is for SP only, a very rare sight nowadays with most games. Maybe I'm just lucky not to feel I have wasted my money, Expand
  18. Oct 9, 2012
    Giving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyableGiving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyable game-play, great graphics. Expand
  19. Oct 9, 2012
    A decent but also flawed game. For what you get, well worth the money and way better than ORC for sure. I plan on playing this one for quite a while.
  20. Oct 9, 2012
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    Resident Evil wasn't just able to do ANY choice and create a game with 4 different gameplay, all in the wrong way. They're trying to do a copy of Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell and the most present: Uncharted. These games are mixed together and Capcom is trying to do a unique game with 4 total different gameplay with the same elements. Nothing works. This game is unplayable and not fun at all.
    I nerver played such a bad game since "D".
    What the hell happened to you Capcom?
  21. Oct 9, 2012
    (-1)Skill points are my only concern in this title. Its a broke ass joke. 1st day the game was out people where modding there skill points. The first freaking day. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! C'mon if you need to mod a game just to beat it, you people are a sad lot. And for the Idiots who gave this game a crap score, because it wasn't a true survival horror game, go play amnesia. The(-1)Skill points are my only concern in this title. Its a broke ass joke. 1st day the game was out people where modding there skill points. The first freaking day. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! C'mon if you need to mod a game just to beat it, you people are a sad lot. And for the Idiots who gave this game a crap score, because it wasn't a true survival horror game, go play amnesia. The genre itself is a dying breed. Survival horror games now are too predictable. so 'what did capcom do'? you may ask. The evolved there game to what it needed to be. Action. and lots of it. 'You want it to be the way it was'... How about NO. if you want those kind of games you should have kept the original games and play em to the point of boredom. The Title took three years to make. Capcom itself asked fellow gamers what it needed and this is what they got. a great game. true that the game itself was a little short, and could have been two discs. But it isn't the last. There are more RE titles coming. Now for the (+) about his game. The voice work for the game was phenomenal. You felt emotion unlike there previous titles 2,3,and 4. The SCORE or soundtrack was pretty good. The visuals were spectacular. Zombies have evolved. didn't care too much for the J'avo C-Virus mess with Chris and Piers. All in all the games campaigns were solid. Co-Op is the new thing. But play with a friend, Not some idiot that just joined your game. And finally the Story was gripping. That's it for me. Expand
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  23. Oct 8, 2012
    God this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designedGod this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designed years ago. The story and game play is bland and boring and and all blurs into on another. You just want it to end. The game can be played on cruise control. Not a satisfactory ending either. O the zombies magically dissolve into the ground too ........ and humans transform into T rex, scorpions and transform back again. If I want to play transformers I will buy that game. This game tries to be everything to everyone and trust me, it falls far short in all areas. Horror, shooting, action, story, graphics. game play, all well below acceptable standards. They only have the main characters back to fool people into trying to invest in their stories. The c virus is laughable with what it does.

I wish I had spent my money on something else. Please anyone who reads this wait for a massive price drop and a apology from Capcom for making you go through the torture of playing it. You fooled me this time Capcom, let's see will you fool me into buying res evil 7 early next time. Answer is no.
  24. Oct 8, 2012
    I would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews andI would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews and I assume it's from fans of the first three entries. Resident Evil consists of 4 campaigns and all intertwine at certain points. My favorite campaigns was Leon's because I felt it was the one that nodded more towards the older Resident Evil games which I grew up on. His campaign was filled with scares and on professional difficulty I had to carefully manage my health and ammunition. The other campaigns are good too, but lean a lot more towards action set piece moments than scares. The one thing that all campaigns succeed at is the environment. The environment in every campaign is absolutely gorgeous and all the settings are incredibly detailed and do a good job of bringing you into the game. Helping this are the absolutely astonishing graphics. This is one of the prettiest games I have seen since Uncharted 3. The graphics are that good. However, I did run into some muddy textures while it was loading. This hardly took me out of the experience. One thing I also loved about this entry was the story. I found myself hooked until the amazing conclusion. Really I only have two complaints. My first is the excessive use of quick time events. This didn't really bother me too much, but it did get frustrating after a while. The second is as much as I loved the story, every campaign besides Leon's had some pretty noticeable pacing issues. Now the big question is "Is RE6 the best Resident Evil?" Well, my friends the answer is a resounding no, because that honor still belongs to 4, but this is better than the slightly disappointing RE5 and is one of the better entries in the series to date. As for the negative reviews my theory is that this series has evolved and you refuse to budge in your narrow area of entertainment and have been left behind in the dust. Expand
  25. Oct 8, 2012
    To all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as aTo all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as a true old school RE fan enjoyed playing this game from start to finish. the only thing that maybe was a bit of was the camera view at some points and that was it. all in all I would give this game a 7.8 out of 10 but because of all the blind people I'm forced to give it a 10. Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE 6 really sucks, i mean this game that they call RE 6 is awfull. Capcom didnt have the balls to change the name of the game cuz they have no criativity at all. I am very disapointed. I was expecting the game of the year, but instead i got the worse RE game ever. The game is a movie. Just a lot of bullshi* with some good old fashioned zombies. And by the way, what da fuc* is that when you kill a zombie and it just evaporates or just go undergound. WHAAAT?? The game have good controls and mechanics thou, but its suckness overcomes the good stuff about the game. DONT BUY IT! Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2012
    Very good game but I have to admit that Resident Evil has switched from survival-horror to action-adventure in 95%, which is with what most of the true Resident Evil fans are angry, including me, but the game leaving aside minor flaws, it's very good.
  28. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident evil just keeps getting bigger and bigger, if not always better. RE 6 stumbles a little, but for the most part it is an enjoyable experience. Having 3 main campaigns (plus a bonus one) is definitely not the norm for this generation, but the idea completely pays off. If you enjoyed RE 5, you'll like this one as well.
  29. Oct 8, 2012
    One thing is clear; Resident Evil is no longer a Survival Horror series. I, like many other original fans, had hoped RE5 was a failed experiment and that RE6 would return to the franchise's roots. RE6, however, crushed those hopes. Classic Resident Evil is built around a dark and foreboding atmosphere, traps, puzzles, intriguing boss fights, and legitimate zombie scares. Those gamesOne thing is clear; Resident Evil is no longer a Survival Horror series. I, like many other original fans, had hoped RE5 was a failed experiment and that RE6 would return to the franchise's roots. RE6, however, crushed those hopes. Classic Resident Evil is built around a dark and foreboding atmosphere, traps, puzzles, intriguing boss fights, and legitimate zombie scares. Those games made you think on how best to approach all situations. You had to figure out how to defeat bosses, what keys you needed and how to find them, and how to solve complex puzzles. You also have to conserve ammunition, which made the game more about intellect and resourcefulness, and less about action action action....

RE6 has puzzles, but they are either ridiculously simple or incredibly unintuitive. Keys? What use are they if you can almost always just kick down a door. Traps? Please. This is an action game hell bent on pushing you FORWARD, never retracing your steps. Scary zombies? First of all, I'm not sure what you'd call these things. Some look like mummies, others are apparently intelligent and can fire weapons at you. Some resemble the las plagas from RE4, which means they look like a random assortment of tentacles attached to a moving mass of cat turds and raw sewage. Boss fights are about what you'd expect. Human-being like things erupt out of their human skin into something the size of a 747 and have yellowish-orange glowing spots that say "hit me here, 500 times, or just keep shooting and I'll die eventually". Quicktime events, my favorite gaming device ever, are back in full force. At least they're easier to catch than in RE5.

What did I like about this game? The story was fairly solid, and I enjoyed being able to play from 3 different perspectives and as 6 separate characters. The scenery is diverse and enjoyable, even if it lacks the depth of previous RE games. There are some cool melee animations, and an assortment of weapons. What else did I not like? The inventory system sucks. And it's different for each campaign. Using an herb is easy enough IF you've placed your herbs in the container that allows you to hit one button and heal yourself. First Aid sprays? I had to look up online how to use them, which is total nonsense. And, for whatever reason, Leon couldn't seem to use them at all during the final boss fight. I'm not sure why...Final boss fight in Leon's campaign is probably the most annoying and frustrating boss fight ever, period. I couldn't beat the final boss a computer-controlled Helena because she's so inept and ineffective, so definitely play online with a human as your #2. The game's not so bad if you consider it strictly action. I, however, expect more from a game with "Resident Evil" in the title.

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.