5.0

1. Sep 22, 2017
    Resident evil 4 changed up the game play formula quite a bit and made things truly feel like everything was happening in a life like environment. Part 5 was very similar but focused more on action rather than story and creepyness. Part 6 goes full mental and it's not even resident evil anymore. It's more like a Micheal bay film set piece... The story is terrible... The whole thing was aResident evil 4 changed up the game play formula quite a bit and made things truly feel like everything was happening in a life like environment. Part 5 was very similar but focused more on action rather than story and creepyness. Part 6 goes full mental and it's not even resident evil anymore. It's more like a Micheal bay film set piece... The story is terrible... The whole thing was a let down... I'm having trouble liking anything about this game except for maybe the first 5 minutes of Leons storyline. I give this trash a 4... Maybe a 5 with all the DLC. Expand
  2. Jan 30, 2017
    Este juego es realmente el que termino por aniquilar lo que quedaba de Resident Evil, esto como decía un youtuber famoso es un videojuego basado en la película de si mismo, donde esta el terror, donde esta la supervivencia, donde esta el control de recursos, donde esta el tiempo que uno se toma en investigar y planear las movidas que debes de hacer, donde esta aquella aura de terrorEste juego es realmente el que termino por aniquilar lo que quedaba de Resident Evil, esto como decía un youtuber famoso es un videojuego basado en la película de si mismo, donde esta el terror, donde esta la supervivencia, donde esta el control de recursos, donde esta el tiempo que uno se toma en investigar y planear las movidas que debes de hacer, donde esta aquella aura de terror biológico que era culpa de la propia humanidad, incluso ahora la hierba verde es mas que pastillitas, bah. un juego solo divertido si te encanta la acción tipo rápido y furioso, si bien implemente mejoras con el apuntado y el manejo de armamento en general creo que arruino su propia leyenda. es un juego divertido si, pero no es RE Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2016
    With the 6th main entry in the series Capcom moves even further away from the series horror roots in favor of straight up action gameplay in a horror skin. You'll shoot grotesque monsters and Bruce Lee kick your way through zombies, but don't expect to find any scares here. The tone is much more in line with that of the movies (only with a much better plot). This sort of change hasWith the 6th main entry in the series Capcom moves even further away from the series horror roots in favor of straight up action gameplay in a horror skin. You'll shoot grotesque monsters and Bruce Lee kick your way through zombies, but don't expect to find any scares here. The tone is much more in line with that of the movies (only with a much better plot). This sort of change has understandably ticked off longtime fans of the series. For a relative outsider like me though, it's not hard to see there's still a decent game here. This new embracing of the action genre has allowed for better gameplay than what was found in the 5th Resident Evil.

It's amazing how much a little mobility can go along way to making a better game. You no longer have to stand perfectly still while shooting and fumble around with stiff aiming. While there are still some inconsistencies with the controls, it's an overall smooth 3rd-person shooter. I never felt like I couldn't get out of the way of a threat and always felt in control of the firefights.

The cover system in the game is outright broken though. It's a pain to aim while using cover. Mix in some frustrating encounters here and there and RE 6 isn't as smooth an experience as one would like. Yet, it's leaps and bounds more playable than RE 5. The gameplay is pretty solid all the way through and the big, explosive set-pieces can be a blast to play through, even if they serve as another example of the not well received change in the series identity. There's also a lot of content to dig into.

RE 6 comes packed with four, fully fleshed out campaigns to play through. Each with their own feel, encounters, and story elements to make them feel distinct from one another. While they all end up playing out like action movies at some point, you can find traces of the series horror roots in the likes of Leon's campaign. Still nothing scary though. Playing through them all is the only way to get the whole picture of the overall events the game covers, as each only show one side of the story. The writing itself isn't all that interesting, and basically all of the new characters suck, but it's a pretty cool and ambitious move. It's fun to see the different character's goals intertwine and cross over with one another.

Just like RE 5, the ability to experience the entire thing with a friend is a big focus. Multiplayer as a whole is really. Not only can you team up with a buddy, but during certain moments other players can join your game for brief sessions when the stories connect at some points. There's also the ability to jump into other players games as a monster to give them a little extra trouble. The series Mercenaries mode also makes a return. Of course all of this isn't as lively as when the game first came out, but you can still get your moments of cooperative multiplayer fun in.

Even if you don't go the co-op root, this is still a solid single-player experience. If you do want to experience this with a friend, I recommend doing so online. Playing this as a couch co-op game kind of sucks thanks to a boneheaded design choice regarding the handling of the split-screen. It's kind of hard to explain, but both players screens are shrunk down and kind of positioned in a way where the lower right corner of one sits on top of the upper left corner of the other. The other 40% of the screen is left blank. Who though that was a good idea. This outright moronic decision makes it hard to see what's going on at times and actively discourages people form playing local co-op. It was a stupid move on Capcom's part, and I really hope they learn from their mistake and NEVER do that again.

Resident Evil 6 is a flawed, content rich beast. One that seemingly forgets what made people love the series in the first place by trading scares for explosions. There's still an entertaining game here though. Just the simple act of increasing play mobility makes things so much more fun than they were in Resident Evil 5. It's a much better co-op game as well (minus the split-screen stupidity). Where RE 5 suffered from trying to awkwardly balance on the line separating the horror and action genres in an effort to please longtime fans and take the series in a new direction, RE 6 benefits from definitively picking a side even if it's not the one most people wanted them to pick. Some horror genre elements are still hanging around like limited ammo that hold the game back, but for the most part this is totally an action game and a solid one at that. The biggest issues are just some design choices and a few not so well developed encounters. Even then they aren't so bad that the game becomes unplayable.

It may not be the Resident Evil game fans wanted, but there are still things to enjoy here. It's definitely got it's flaws, but I still found it to be a pretty fun game. Warts and all.

7.5/10
  4. Feb 27, 2016
    the worst resident evil of the franchice if you truly love resident evil you will certaintly hate this a truly disgrace for the series -10/10 from me.
  5. Feb 17, 2016
    ****
    Es una reverenda porquería comparada con los originales, es una lástima que la generación de ahora tenga un gusto poco desarrollado por los videojuegos pero aquellos que somos exigentes encontraremos que es una total y completa basura, no solo como parte de una saga importante sino como juego en sí.
    Nula historia, exagerada acción, controles terribles, cámara nefasta.
  6. Jan 18, 2016
    Still playing this game (and not in a good way). I got this Christmas 2012 and played it here and there and so far, 3 years later, I've finished Leon's campaign and just finished Chapter 4 of Chris's. I can say that this game is not nearly as good as any previous Resident Evil. It's very clunky. The first Resident Evil will forever be a class as well as 2 and 4 and I even loved 5!

I

I cannot play this game in long bouts because well it's clunky and annoying. The camera angles are terrible and the responsiveness is awful. It's not that the responsiveness is really the problem, it's how the controls work with the game. It's just very awkward. Also, it's extremely hard to make it through the game without infinite ammo. There are waves and waves of zombies everywhere but I can't really do anything to them because I have no ammo yet it keeps giving me "survive the wave" and "kill all zombies" objectives. So it makes it to where it's a chore to even play the game.

The save feature is also terrible. Like I said before, I can usually make my plays of this game about 30 minutes before I start getting angry again and never wanna finish the game. But I'm stuck playing 2-3 hours anyway just to finish a chapter. But maybe these thoughts will change whenever I unlock infinite ammo on a gun.

I understand that survival horror is just that, conserving ammo for when it's needed and feeling like you're gonna run out of supplies but part of the classic 1st game is that there really aren't that many zombies to worry about. And they don't come in waves, and you're able to stock up before the time to use them is needed.

Now the good things I can say about the game is the graphics and story. It's cool how everyone's story is weaved in and the cinematics are nice. I also love the UI; I thought it was very creative.

All in all, I plan to eventually finish this game and hopefully it will be soon but playing through this game is such a chore. The first two are classic survival horror, 4 felt like Zelda with zombies, and 5, while different, still had an action game charm, but this doesn't feel anything remotely related to any of the above and will forever be the step-child of the series.
  7. Dec 14, 2015
    The game is amazing cause of its sticky situations and the action which makes you pump with adrenaline,Resident Evil 6 has a lot to offer with its 3 initial campaign which will take a while for you to complete,each character has his or her story ,a fourth campaign will be unlocked once you completed the first three,after that the it will unlock mercenary mode where you have to fight aThe game is amazing cause of its sticky situations and the action which makes you pump with adrenaline,Resident Evil 6 has a lot to offer with its 3 initial campaign which will take a while for you to complete,each character has his or her story ,a fourth campaign will be unlocked once you completed the first three,after that the it will unlock mercenary mode where you have to fight a horde of enemies you fought through the game in a limit of time.It maybe not scary anymore but its one heck of a game if you look at it in a different point of view,but when it comes to scares Capcom has a lot of work ahead. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2015
    Graphical good, cool characters, divided into chapters each around 40 minutes 1 hour 1 hour 30 minutes.
    Do not swear by that RE6 has almost not at elemneto survival horror but is a great action game
    Final note: 7.6
  9. Nov 9, 2015
    this game is a BIG f*** to all Resident Evil fan, this game is terrible at all levels. Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, completely incoherent storyline and not respecting the other games in the series, what they did to Leon, he lost all his charisma and class in this BIG CASH GRAB. This game is not resident evil, it is a betrayal to the entire series. I can not even understand howthis game is a BIG f*** to all Resident Evil fan, this game is terrible at all levels. Terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, completely incoherent storyline and not respecting the other games in the series, what they did to Leon, he lost all his charisma and class in this BIG CASH GRAB. This game is not resident evil, it is a betrayal to the entire series. I can not even understand how someone can put a score above of 0. This game doesn't deserve the slightest of your attention, it should rather disappear from the timeline, burn every copy of the game and disappear from the face of the earth! Expand
  10. Oct 28, 2015
    OK lets start, The gameplay sucks,there are no puzzles (good ones at least) and the J'avos ruined the game among some other stuff that really screw the experience.
    Why am i giving this game a 5 then?Because it isn't that bad of a game if we don't look back to others resident evil games and if the game kinesthetic didn't sucked this would have been a decent action game.....
  11. Oct 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed it thanks to developers. story & graphics & game play & music totally are good but it needs improves witch I am sure Capcom will do in RE7.if you waited for a survival horror there is almost nothing for you but except that and specially if you are a fan of the characters of series and of course if you seek a almost rich story and various game play never miss this.me my self finished it twice and for second time I did it on hard mode witch it was a bit scary specially on Ada and Leon campaigns and of course challenging ! thanks to read this guys. Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2015
    If you don't like Resident Evil, You will Like Resident Evil 6! What a disappointing game overall, flaws everywhere. Where do I even start? This game is too long first off. If you want to play the game through with a friend, you will both become disinterested by the half way mark. The camera is balls, you character is in the middle of the screen and you cant see **** God awful levelIf you don't like Resident Evil, You will Like Resident Evil 6! What a disappointing game overall, flaws everywhere. Where do I even start? This game is too long first off. If you want to play the game through with a friend, you will both become disinterested by the half way mark. The camera is balls, you character is in the middle of the screen and you cant see **** God awful level design, everything looks the same in this **** game. **** co-op, dated mechanics, bad hit detection, difficulty spikes, **** AI, bad cover system, no survival, and no horror. So what do you get, a ****y game that's not fun. Resident evil 5 was at least a good co-op action game, but Resident Evil 6 and the word good should not be in the same **** sentence. This game is not all bad, Mercenaries is okay with a friend, but not as good as Resident Evil 5's Mercenaries. Overall, don't buy this game. Expand
  13. Aug 25, 2015
    Restident Evil started dipping with Resident Evil 5, but however Resident Evil 5 wasn't a bad game however. RE5 emulated RE4 inflluintial control sceme, and transplanted it in dumbed down level design in size and scope. Despite how much of the magic RE5 extinguished from RE4s flame, RE5 has a charming section or two, especially the one in the cave with the light. Re6 however, has noRestident Evil started dipping with Resident Evil 5, but however Resident Evil 5 wasn't a bad game however. RE5 emulated RE4 inflluintial control sceme, and transplanted it in dumbed down level design in size and scope. Despite how much of the magic RE5 extinguished from RE4s flame, RE5 has a charming section or two, especially the one in the cave with the light. Re6 however, has no redeming charm what so ever. Locations are really bland and lack personality, control scheme is an absolute mess, inventory management is painful, and worse all, Re6 is so repetitive that you end up wanting to fill your ears with power drills. Re6 is boring, its exaughsting, its horribly repetitive, non stop action, it **** hurts, and most of all the gameplay design is just bad all around. There are hardly no witty sections in this game, its walk forward shoot kick kick kick kick, this game is so obsessed with action that it would make Micheal Bays cock catch erectile dysfunction. This game is **** numbingly excruciating to play through. **** this game, it is terrible, 4 / 10. Expand
  14. Jul 11, 2015
    Ok.... So let me start out by mentioning that it is currently 2015 and this game was such a slimy turd that I still feel compelled to get things off of my chest regarding this travesty... first a set up: by happenstance I stumbled upon this review and noticed that many(though not all) positive reviews particularly those who chose to give the game 10/10 rating stated that they were doing soOk.... So let me start out by mentioning that it is currently 2015 and this game was such a slimy turd that I still feel compelled to get things off of my chest regarding this travesty... first a set up: by happenstance I stumbled upon this review and noticed that many(though not all) positive reviews particularly those who chose to give the game 10/10 rating stated that they were doing so to negate the many negative reviews. I was flummoxed by the thought some one could be such an apologist for a product that they felt that had to defend it as if was a bullied child...any way.... I want to say that I really tried and will continue to try to not judge the game for what it isnt, its not survival horror and did not try to be; so although as a fan of RE4 and to a lesser extent RE5, I woundn't judge it for being a slap in the face to fans of the slower paced but more tense and rewarding survival horrorish type style....

This is/was a video game version of a Micheal Bay graphically brilliant but **** show in every other aspect possible. the story is a convoluted mess, character development not present, and garbage voice acting...I can forgive that as it was some what expected at the time of purchase..... what I cannot abide by is the awful game play which was a obscene copulation of BLACK(xbox 360)+Dystany warriors(take your pick they're all the same) and Drake of the 99 Dragons( XBOX). the player has near invincibility, you can just about pull the ol' superman slap-a-ho routine and easily defeat 90% of enemies, there is no strategy needed as ammo is so prevalent that you can barn blast without consequence, and but of course... the camera sucks....elderly wrinkled testes.

the game had a decent idea with 3 separate story lines which were to converge later in the game, but the game play was so non-varied and repetitive that the idea never really took off, the level design was pretty lame as well. I reference the uninspired train battle in witch you fight a mutant dog type thing, defeat it and then i turns into monthra....awesome.....or how about the snow level where a single hit sends you sliding all the way down long but very gradual slope ... just like a real bad ass zombie/monster slayer would in real life....

this game gets a 1 due to the fact the graphics were nice, the Xbox did recognize the disk, and the comic relief that me and my cousin had laughing about how bad I had just gotten fleeced.... this game blew and deserved every score less than 3.....ok I'm done.....
  15. Jun 5, 2015
    It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre,It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre, but it's not a 0. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2015
    A ****ing DISASTER!!! A CLUSTER**** of the greatest magnitude!!!

****ing THOUSANDS of Quicktime Events holding you back all the time! Loading, loading, ****ing LOADING all the time, right at crucial points in the action, when you're all worked up! ****ing HANDGUN AMMO up the arse - LONG after the stage when a handgun's of any ****ing USE - cluttering up your inventory! The
    A ****ing DISASTER!!! A CLUSTER**** of the greatest magnitude!!!

****ing THOUSANDS of Quicktime Events holding you back all the time!

The pick-up-item button's the same as the reload button, so every time you press it, you reload, and get ****ed by a zombie.

Ridiculous aiming position - every time you aim, you're looking at the ****ing GROUND!

Stupid ****ing camera views disorientating you all the time.

Etc, etc, et-***ing-cetera........................

That's all the effort i'm prepared to expend, to describe this foul **** from the arse of Satan himself.

This game throws **** in your face at every turn! This is the END of me playing not only Resident Evil, but games in general: It's THAT BAD! - A complete ****ing WASTE OF TIME, and THEN SOME....!

The most brutal, violent road-rage killings pale into insignificance beside what you'd like to do to the programmers of this garbage!

It's like they DELIBERATELY programmed it just to annoy people to the point where they'll commit a horrific murder, or mass murder, which makes Hannibal Lecter look like a fluffy pink bunny.

The makers of this horrendous insult should not only be barred from making videogames - they should be imprisoned, tried at Nuremberg for serious crimes against the videogaming public, sentenced to torture and death, then thrown into Hell for a thousand years to suffer grisly torments at the hands of ferocious demons, so that they can feel the gigantic suffering of all those who have had this foul, black vomit inflicted on them.

Resident Evil 4 was fantastic, despite its flaws. Number 5 was a gross breach of trust, a super-annoying, rage-inducingh insult to the greatness of 4, which robbed the makers of Number 4 of almost all the respect they had from people. And Number 6? - Even WORSE than 5, and just makes you want to break all contact with the toxic makers of the series and hope that they suffer horrendously for their disgraceful crimes against Gaming.

Honestly, a score of zero is FAR too good for this: I would have given it -9 if i could. It's THAT BAD!

My advice to anyone considering buying it: DON'T! Even if you get it for a pound or a dollar, it's not worth all the mental anguish it will cause you! It will ****ing RUIN you!!!

A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, which has you BELLOWING and ROARING at the screen all the time like ****ing KING KONG on angel dust, or a mixture of HITLER, HANNIBAL LECTER, and HARVEY KEITEL all rolled into one!!! - It's enough to send many people to a ****ing PSYCHIATRIST!

It will ruin your mood, day after day, demoralise you psychologically, and leave you sitting there impotently raging at the makers - knowing that you're unable to inflict the gruesome punishment on them that they deserve, and wishing you were a millionaire so that you could take contracts out on all of them with a professional hitman - who you would gladly pay extra to torture them for weeks or months before killing them.

R E 4 will NEVER be equalled: Don't waste your time hoping. Give up on this crowd of imbeciles. Don't allow them to continue making a living from putting out such poor, insulting, demoralising rubbish !

They are making money from misery. They should be made DESTITUTE from mass-refunding of the money that they've made from annoying, irritating, enfuriating, and DEMORALISING people with this perfunctorily-made, uninspired, over-complicated, half-hearted, designed-by-committee mixture of lukewarm diarrhoea mixed with vomit, which even the demons of Hell would disown on account of it being so lacking-in-passion, sloppy, shoddy, and fourth-rate.

An absolute CLUSTER****, as i said at the start - it would drive a saint to mass murder.

If the makers of this ridiculous f***ing tragedy don't refund everyone the money they've wasted on it (AND number 5!), pay for their psychologists' bills, and pay them damages for all the mental anguish and suffering they've undergone, they really should profusely apologise to the gaming public on TV and the internet, before resigning, then committing ritual suicide by disembowelment - such is the gargantuan shame due to them for this poor, disgust-inspiring, hate-inspiring INSULT ! ! !

I spit in their faces, and **** on their graves, and say to them, in the manner of Steven Seagal: **** YOU AND DIE!", before letting the videogame demons of Hell carry them away to their just and gruesome desserts......

"TOTAL SCUM" is my description of the game's makers. I hope they read this review and DIE of SHAME!

DON'T believe ANY positive reviews by Videogame Sellers: They just want your money, and to shift a bad product - a TURKEY, a real STINKER - off their shelves! DON'T BE RIPPED OFF!!!
  17. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a “bleh” game and I would NOT recommend adding to your play list. You should not spend your time or money on if you consider either to be precious, but it’ll pass the time if you have nothing better to do.
  18. Mar 28, 2015
    Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4 dead or Dead rising but not this. Expand
  19. Feb 27, 2015
    I do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinctI do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinct campaigns.. then there is fun to be had here (especially if playing co-op). I appreciate that this is a pretty big caveat but this game is not without merit even if it did get pretty savagely critiqued by some reviewers. I'm not saying that they are wrong but don't write off the possibility of enjoying this game based on the fact that some of the criticism it got from some quarters was pretty strong. Expand
  20. Jan 25, 2015
    RE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make itRE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make it worthy of a score above 0. Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2015
    General Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While REGeneral Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While RE fans of the earlier games (1 to 3) will find this no where near their tastes, those of us who have let the game evolve into something else will enjoy it. Its tense, fast paced and still has you scrounging for ammo (provided you play it on the default and not make it impossibly simple with "infinite ammo", etc.) It's biggest two downsides are AWKWARD camera angles the make it hard as hell to survive at key points and the heavier than usual reliance on QTE. The combat controls are improved, the voice acting is decent, the story is well done and fits together. In short, its a fun game.

TL;DNR: 8 - A good and tense action game that seems to have left its more horror related aspects behind which will turn off the RE zealots who cannot move past RE 4 or 1, 2, or 3.

Technology/engine: Great graphics, runs smoothly with very little issues.

AI: Decent and can be punishing if you are playing single player instead of coop.

Graphics: Well done and crisp. Great set pieces and character models.

Sound: Well done and sound from source to reception distance is implemented well.

Soundtrack: Each campaign has its own theme that attaches to the lead characters that are always paired. Not outstanding but not destructive of the atmosphere either.

Voice acting: Well done with only occasionally weak lines that are easily forgotten.

Crafting: N/A

Customization: The skill sets that you can build are fun and take some work to achieve. There are a few that are more helpful than others in my opinion and some that are not worth using at all.

Gameplay systems: The heavier than usual reliance on QTEs is a downfall for this game but being smart and using the environment to your advantage pays off. In some cases, unless you are a QTE genius will take several play throughs to get right. Personally I found the distance between auto-save check points to be too short in some places and way to long for others while a few felt just right.

Controls: Standard third person shooter fair although you can switch to the traditional RE controls.

Story: Decent and coherent with a different ending for each main story campaign.

Multiplayer: I will not comment on this since I have yet to play it.
  22. Jan 2, 2015
    This game is just bad; completely unplayable. Camera and controls are horrible. I enjoyed RE4 and RE5 despite being shooters, but RE6 is mediocre.

Stay away from this turd and save your money.
  23. Dec 30, 2014
    This shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in thatThis shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in that aspect.

24. Dec 16, 2014
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Yes, there is horror in the game: the controls! Several times, you do not have a clue what button you have to press, in what direction you have to go etc. And worse: The camera sometimes changes, so you are inevitably completely lost. And in these parts you are normally under heavy time pressure, so you die and die and die and have to start the whole sequence from the beginning again and again and again...
    Horribly frustrating, yes. Next time, please give the player a chance to beat these sequences!
  25. Dec 15, 2014
    A good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinionA good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinion the best of the main three, but again it just gets to a point where the action takes over and is way too over the top. If it wasn't for the characters involved, this really wouldn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all. A decent game that can be fun to play at times, but doesn't hold up anywhere close to the series it is branching from. Expand
  26. Sep 30, 2014
    As a Resi game this is bad. Really bad. But if you look at it as an action game, it's actually quite good. The visuals are great and the gameplay is fluid, but it's simply not Resi anymore. I'm bordering my score between what I'd rate it as an action game and what I'd rate it as a Resi game, 8 and 4 respectively.
  27. Sep 15, 2014
    While ultimately Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game, it isn't quite the survival horror game it was marketed as. Featuring 4 campaigns, 2 of them feel more like a generic 3rd person shoot-em-up. The other two attempt to go the horror rout, but don't quite make the cut.

What really seems to have gone on here is that Capcom tried to include too much - writing 4 narratives and trying to include clever tie-ins between them, rather than investing in one fantastic campaign. They tried to revamp the combat and inventory systems, but failed miserably in doing so, making the combat controls clunky and overly complex, and turning your inventory into an overly complex slide system. It didn't really play like any Resident Evil before it. While Capcom clearly thought that fans would like the more fast paced style and new options for combat, we didn't

If you aren't already a fan of the series, start elsewhere. If you are a fan, you may find some level of joy in playing this game, at least to say that you made it through.
  28. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  29. Jul 25, 2014
    Good, but very disappointing. The combat was great, the graphics were good, the puzzles were meh but the story was repetitive, boring, and made no sense. This might be the most disappointing Resident evil I've played. Looking back at what 4 and 5 did, this is just sad. I really have nothing to say.
  30. Jul 15, 2014
    I played Resident Evil 6 every day for 4 hours. It was just so hard to walk away. SO many people neglect this game. I'm an ALL TIME FAN of the Resident Evil series. Yeah cool get Amnesia fine but this game shows horror and action almost as well as that. I loved the Chris and Jake campaign and even though you got way to many guns and ammo, I still felt good while playing it. Sure zombiesI played Resident Evil 6 every day for 4 hours. It was just so hard to walk away. SO many people neglect this game. I'm an ALL TIME FAN of the Resident Evil series. Yeah cool get Amnesia fine but this game shows horror and action almost as well as that. I loved the Chris and Jake campaign and even though you got way to many guns and ammo, I still felt good while playing it. Sure zombies had guns but everyone has a different perspective on zombies. Its possible for them to have guns if there brain can function enough. I liked this game. Resident Evil 6 gets a 9/10 Expand
  31. Mar 14, 2013
    I don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By farI don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By far though my favorite thing in the game is the counter system. If you time pressing the melee button correctly, you will counter attack an enemy. Just about every enemy in the game has attacks that you can counter. So master this and you will be nearly untouchable. This is especially fun in mercenaries. Being surrounded and enemies can't even hit you, once you're good at it. You can also play the campaign and the Mercenaries with a friend in couch co-op. My only complaint about the game is the cut scenes. during the game, it will stop and the camera will zoom in on a door or something to show you where you need to go or something of interest. During those moments you cannot move your character, but they can still be hit by enemy attacks at the beginning and end of the short video. This has caused so much unnecessary damage, so it does get annoying. But the gameplay and everything makes up for it so I can look past it. If you don't like action games then I can see why this game gets bad reviews. I have played all the previous Resident Evil titles and they are more horror based. Except for 4 and 5. 4 is a bit of a mix. I think change is always welcome. Don't want a series to get so repetitive that it gets boring. To me this is a very welcome change. Collapse

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.