4.9

1. Jun 8, 2013
    I, like many other Resident Evil fans, was disappointed with the direction the series took with its fifth mainline title which was made just about tolerable thanks to its co-op mode. Resident Evil 6 takes things further down the action route to the extent that this is Resident Evil in name only.

Split into three fairly lengthy campaigns, all of which offer different styles of gameplay,
    there is certainly no shortage of content on offer here. Leon’s campaign is certainly the closest to the original survival horror style and is certainly playable to some degree but I could barely tolerate the campaigns of Chris or Jake for ten minutes before giving up through pure anger. Both are pure action fares, and not even good ones. Chris’s campaign seemed to be trying to copy the cover based Gears of War template without any success whilst Jake’s seemed to involve no more than pressing the attack button over and over again until I’d killed all the enemies on screen.

Over the years I've enjoyed playing action based shooters as much as anyone but that’s not what I want from Resident Evil and, if you are going to try to capture some of the Call of Duty audience, you need to create a game that is a damn site better than this shambling mess.
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    Is this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better looking than this. Textures, lighting, floor and wall detail are inexcusable for a 2012 title. The lack of ammo coupled with non-stop quick-time events break up the flow of the action (or what little of it there is), making it impossible to be immersed. You still can't change settings while the game is paused even if you play offline, which again is another silly design decision. You ca't even hipfire. Even if there was enough ammo in this game (which there isn't even with 100% accuracy) it would still feel dull. What we have here is possibly the best example of how NOT to make a video game. I can't think how it could have possibly been worse. Things we take for granted even in the worst of games are missing here. You can't even pause the game to change controls! And the controls and camera are THE WORST I've ever come across in any shooter on any platform so far. I can't imagine how it could be worse. Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    THis game is honestly retarted, it is the worst RE game in fact the game is so bad George Bush wouldnt even wipe is arse on it, ITS THAT BAD, REALLY BIG LET DOWN, SELL THE GOD DAMN THING OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK PEOPLE U DON"T WANT THIS SELL IT DAMN IT SELL IT
  4. Nov 30, 2012
    just finished leon's campaign. I don't even see why people say this one was good. The first 2 chapters had some potential with lots of zombies. However starting with the underwater boss in the 3rd chapter and the major last boss that you literally fight for the entirety of the last 2 chapters really make this a bore. It seems like the team that made this game gave up on trying to create interesting gameplay. Even if they wanted to do a mostly action game they totally failed. I'm not even going to bother with the other 3 campaigns because I can't see how they would be any better. I don't mind RE evolving but this game is the worst of the bunch (much worse than RE5 which I enjoyed). Way too many quick time events (the climbing in the last chapter was just totally frustrating), bosses that drag on way too long, a total lack of any puzzles, etc. I also wish they would at least try to make the game more realistic in terms of how much hurt a human can take, not with respect to zombies but regarding surviving the most incredible action scenes from helicopter crashes, plane crashes, 5 minutes underwater at the hands of a shark, etc. Finally the disjointed nature of the campaigns takes away from the story dramatically. It feels way too short unlike the evolving stories of previous games. I suggest not wasting your time or if you really want to try it then rent the game. Definitely do not purchase it. Collapse
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    If Capcom wanted to make a new game series with people who wear a mask and turn into dust when they die, or better yet turn into a T-Rex when they die. Make a new game series, but don't use characters from a well known series to make a new game. In no way, back in 1997 did Resident Evil plan to turn out like this, If you've ever
    played the first 3 games you would know this, Even going by the in game memos you find, Its a ZOMBIE outbreak, Not a mask to dust outbreak. If Albert Wesker really is dead, then there is no coming back to true form. He was Alpha teams squad leader turned bad guy. He didn't have a mystical jacket that made him Neo from the Matrix. What a bad way to turn out. Capcom need to stop spoon feeding 4.7 billion versions of Street Fighter 4. The game is 6 years old, Let it die already. No wonder Mikami has left Capcom. Anybody who rates this game as good, then shame on you because you are the people who are killing this series off. I would rather see Capcom go bankrupt if they think of making another bad Resident Evil game. Make it survival horror Like 1/2/3 or better yet, Like the Gamecube remake, Thats the only good Reisdent Evil game and not even in the last ten years. 4 is not the best, And I wouldn't even call 4 a Resident Evil game either. One more bad Resident Evil game on console (Handheld versions such as the 3DS etc are always going to be bad) but one more AAA version that sucks, Although I have been a die hard Resident Evil fan since 1997, I will honestly never buy another Capcom game other then the next Marvel vs Capcom, or a Resident Evil remake of 2 like the gamecube game that should have happened. Please don't rate this game high or Capcom will never learn what the fans want and how to make money again! Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    Holy crap, what happened? This is coming from a guy who is so obsessed with zombies I have one tattooed on my arm, this game was honestly rubbish. The worst ever in the Resident Evil series. RE 4 was and still is the greatest game of all time, RE 5 was outstanding so surely there's only one play you could go? Down, that's right! What a shame.
  7. Jan 27, 2013
    In my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back to horror and survival, or finally kill their franchise with an even more dumbed down action game. Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  9. Mar 11, 2013
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  10. Apr 17, 2013
    I will not know why so many people like dis damn game? Good parts: 1. good graphics yes we all like how Leon's hair look in these games frankly that's it 2. can move and shoot now, yeah and jump on the floor if needed to dodge an attack 3. good cut scenes and voice acting is top notch Ok the cons with this game: Cons 1. not scary anymore look at Resident Evil 4 that kind of was
    2. linear game that you can only go forward and not backwards to areas you already went by
    3. mostly of the time you and you're partner got to open doors this makes game a chore boring dull and more I should say? Well you should at least open them by YOURSELF
    4. this is not Resident Evil
    5. the zombies transform into many many many many many forms :D it's like a game gone wrong or they are trying to make other games in one rather than one
    6. the story sucks to the grave really one thing Leon's partner will say so who's this Ada? And Leon says oh no I say later on. Guess what he don't, all the character here does not want to tell nothing when they been asked a damn question. The story will just confuse you a lot here
    7. the levels can be annoying and confusing and dull like Jake's last mission man it's boring you going up in this lift that rotates to A to G and finding how to get there was dull annoying because of the re-spawning monsters that multiply into another monster into another
    8. cut scene's have a lot of these qt e's that annoy you even more damn why mess this game up by this?
    9. I hate the new skills set up no more weapon up grade's just plain boring skills even the Mercenaries 3d ds skills are far better than this
    10. cheap deaths yes it happens a lot when a boss knocks you down you on the floor and your friend the al saves you but then the boss attacks you again and you die so you can't get back up fast enough because the boss kills you
    11. wow 11? The list goes on I' am sorry you fans but this game is not that good ok the boss of Leon's the big fly thing at the end was dull you try to kill it took ages to kill maybe forever too
    12. zombies with guns? Are you mad cap com? We don't need a game like Gears of war we already got one that's better GOW^^
    13. mercenaries again only 3 levels we wanted more and more cap com but not this time we would not get, really sad
    14. you can fully move the camera now from behind you but I rather not I like it in RE4 it stays behind you this time no
    15. the game holds your hand through out the game start to finish they is no challenge to RE anymore all too easy
    16. not a horror game any more just plain call of duty shooter wannabe
    17. the music is horrible too and the screams when you die can get on your nerves by partner
    18. the zombies now have super human jumps when they down they leap at you like superman
    19. stamina bar is a rip off when you try to to a fast hit shot you lose stamina so you need to heal yourself or wait for it to recovery
    20. characters feel heavy they will trip up a lot in this game
    21. last one is BORING BORING BORING GAME!!!

Iam getting stick with RE games now they only a clone of RE5 now days
    nothing new -_-
    bring back the RE how it was meant to be in the first place crap people!
  11. Oct 8, 2012
    One thing is clear; Resident Evil is no longer a Survival Horror series. I, like many other original fans, had hoped RE5 was a failed experiment and that RE6 would return to the franchise's roots. RE6, however, crushed those hopes. Classic Resident Evil is built around a dark and foreboding atmosphere, traps, puzzles, intriguing boss fights, and legitimate zombie scares. Those games made you think on how best to approach all situations. You had to figure out how to defeat bosses, what keys you needed and how to find them, and how to solve complex puzzles. You also have to conserve ammunition, which made the game more about intellect and resourcefulness, and less about action action action....

RE6 has puzzles, but they are either ridiculously simple or incredibly unintuitive. Keys? What use are they if you can almost always just kick down a door. Traps? Please. This is an action game hell bent on pushing you FORWARD, never retracing your steps. Scary zombies? First of all, I'm not sure what you'd call these things. Some look like mummies, others are apparently intelligent and can fire weapons at you. Some resemble the las plagas from RE4, which means they look like a random assortment of tentacles attached to a moving mass of cat turds and raw sewage. Boss fights are about what you'd expect. Human-being like things erupt out of their human skin into something the size of a 747 and have yellowish-orange glowing spots that say "hit me here, 500 times, or just keep shooting and I'll die eventually". Quicktime events, my favorite gaming device ever, are back in full force. At least they're easier to catch than in RE5.

What did I like about this game? The story was fairly solid, and I enjoyed being able to play from 3 different perspectives and as 6 separate characters. The scenery is diverse and enjoyable, even if it lacks the depth of previous RE games. There are some cool melee animations, and an assortment of weapons. What else did I not like? The inventory system sucks. And it's different for each campaign. Using an herb is easy enough IF you've placed your herbs in the container that allows you to hit one button and heal yourself. First Aid sprays? I had to look up online how to use them, which is total nonsense. And, for whatever reason, Leon couldn't seem to use them at all during the final boss fight. I'm not sure why...Final boss fight in Leon's campaign is probably the most annoying and frustrating boss fight ever, period. I couldn't beat the final boss a computer-controlled Helena because she's so inept and ineffective, so definitely play online with a human as your #2. The game's not so bad if you consider it strictly action. I, however, expect more from a game with "Resident Evil" in the title.
  12. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil now is an all out shooter with no feel no puzzles at all only some but they easy to figure out.

Ok so you got this game hoping it be WAY better than RE4 hm guess again they is a lot of detail on character's yes but the game-play itself well it's a lot of panning a button in many cut scenes that you hate to do.

Next thing is all the character's have partners come on I want to feel like Iam lonely this games rubs it in your face totally with a partner, but I feel we don't need them by your side every time.
    (expect Ada which I mostly enjoyed her role and mission as it was a challenge I did it in 5 hours or maybe less but after I went back on her to clean up loose ends again with her guns you got through the 1st play)

Character's
    in game feel heavy I mean they will trip up and fall on the floor by almost everything instead of taking sub stain damage if you got shot many times you fall over come on I want character's to stand up and sub stain damage not roll on the floor, this is poor clumsy work by Cap com.

Bad guys
    mostly zombies and things that transform into big other things, but all character's get other things apart from zombies.

Levels
    are like so not there at all, say you be running from water a lot or the place will just go up in flames a lot and so you be running away from it.
    It annoys me when I have to do that you got merely time to escape then if you don't it's death on your hands.
    Most times you have to go to one place to another then back to where you was to find a key or switch.

And this is so easy too you only follow a marker on screen that TELLS you where to go and shows where a gun is too, come on I want a challenge to finding weapons by myself not by a machine to tell you everything!

Cut scenes
    OH yeah, I need to say this too they is a lot of pressing buttons in cut scenes that makes you wanna run away from these big giants and the camera angle will always change so next minute you could be running up in a wall then next the boss grabs you and you die that's is unheard of, but you got to fight two things here the boss and the annoying camera angle since you can't move the camera in scenes.

Save points
    Er that's out of the question here as you have to wait for a checkpoint to kick in place before you can save game.

Bosses
    This part of the game can go on and on with bosses once you hurt a boss launched it in the sea, guess what it be back for another round then another then another, yawn.

So yeah a half decent game but it could be more fun really like RE4 that was ace!
    Take it from me this game is ridiculous now!

PS if you need a game get Revelations for 3DS that has game play and no annoying cut scenes to mash on with.

A 4 for gam play but it changing to the game's like of Gears of war and Call of duty just blast everything on screen then you're done, yawn so easy.
  13. Oct 29, 2012
    The only think that keeps the game held at a 4/10 is Leon / Ada campaign. These two campaigns are somewhat good, maybe the same level of resident evil 5, superior in some sense but inferior in another. Leon's campaign did not go too over board with the problems in the other two campaigns. Jake's campaign consist of absurd quick time events and running at awkward camera angles. Many of the zombies have guns, rocket launchers, tuxedos, snipers, tanks, parachutes, helicopters, and karate... enough pointless junk that would make any video gamer, fan or no fan, puke. There is even has driving segments that have no business being in the game. The bosses are the same person in this campaign so nothing new and interesting.

Chris's campaign is basically the same thing, only this time you occasionally fight some interesting bosses. Summary: Leon campaign: 8/10 - Decent bosses, not too many frustrating QTE or camera issues

Ada: 8/10 - Same Chris: 0/10 - J' avo do not feel like B.O.W.s or zombies or parasite infected, they feel like enemies in an uncharted game. Many bad camera issues, too many quick time events. Jake: 0/10 - J' avo issues, even more bad camera issues, an absurd amount of quick time events, and many vehicle moments that don't suit the game well.

Story: 8/10 - story was decent, but there are many plot holes

Controls: 9/10 - the controls are consistent and the work but most of it seems unnecessary for a good game. Inventory: 2/10 - Each character gets over 6 guns and the ammo takes up all the space, this would have been avoided if they made 1 person hold different guns like in RE5.

Boss fights: 5/10: Some bosses were pretty good, but some were scripted.

Puzzles: 0/10 - no puzzles, or anything requiring much thought.

Characters: 7/10 - The characters were not at their best this time around with the exception of Ada.

Verdict: 4/10
  14. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  15. May 3, 2013
    This game is poo I rather go back on re5 than this poo game end of story...

What we now got is people doing wrestling moves on zombies? Really?

Let me say like german sulpex's zombies these guys must love the WWE wrestling fake stuff then cause you can german suplex a zombie many times and his head would explode BOOM, maybe they should make a wrestling game then it suit it more.

And other people saying this game is "good the best in series" how you sure about that? Dear god look at RE5 it had a guy in a mask with a big axe now who's the big guy here?

Nobody I wanted to really see a annoying guy with something to come at you like the chainsaw guy then again he only came on Jake's and Ada's and Leon he get's something rather easy as boss.

Everything all about this game turned really wrong is this what you fans like? Purely crap that can't seem to know what it wants to be either RE or cod or left for dead or gears of war or... man I could go on.

Capcom I spit in your face for making one of the worst games ever.

It's just a movie at the end of the day your not doing jack all in it way too many qte in this game ruin the most pleaseing fans of RE.

It's offical you guys like this cause it's a MOVIE that plays for YOU and you don't have to do jack.

That's why half of the whole world hates this game because of "evlove" evlove this? My ass

Chris game was so boring what is with the long chase vs a big boss coming after you at the end?

It make no sense at all then making new charaters then after killing them like Piers wtf why don't they just use Jill and Chirs so the storyline is quite pointless because it's never explaned in the first place.

Since when is RE a team game? It never was capcom as a fan I will never understand the change over to this now re5 had problems too but they was forgiveable this however is not.

This game must be made in a hurry for that hard cash from us.

sorry but Capcom needs to do more on the next one before I buy it so mad now
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    I cannot believe this game. They did everything we didn't want them to do! They made it more of an action game, they added more co-op and that pointless AI partner, and it isn't even scary! What the hell is wrong with you Capcom?
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    I stood in line to buy this last night and got aobut 3 hours into it. As a RE fan, I am extremely, extremely disappointed. Rushed, disorganized, and downright shameful to the series (even worse than Operation Racoon city). If i could go back in time and cancel my preorder and get my money back, I would :(
  18. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less
    like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    Crapcom blew it, both in gameplay and milking consumers dry. The franchise continues to go down hill after resident evil 5 and the aspects of survival horror is completely gone. It's now a michael bay film crammed with too many ideas as bigger doesn't always mean better. They even take my hatred a step further by locking multiplayer content, content which should already be included with the game. Sure multiplayer isn't what makes the series, but it would have been nice if it were included. I guess $60 isn't enough for these greedy **** I even prepared for this game by purchasing resident evil 4 and code veronica all over again and I can say, it is nothing like those games. This is what happens when you try to appeal to a wider audience. Keep the franchise how it was meant to be played and refrain from over the top action. 0 out of 10. screw you capcom for raping my wallet. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    I loved Resident evil 1-4! This latest installment is a stain on a great series. Why Capcom! why have you forgotten the fans that made you... 4 /10 is generous and is only because the game in payable and not broken.
  21. Oct 10, 2012
    What could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooter there is just nothing to see here that can't be found (and done much better) in any number of other games out there. It's just so ham fisted and poorly executed that I honestly wonder if anyone play tested it before release. Expand
  22. Oct 30, 2012
    I and many other fans it would seem looked forward to this entry especially thanks to the news of leons story. Ahh yes zombies return and the series provides the old fans with something resembling the traditional games that made the series a huge hit to begin with. For graphics the modeling is goid but many textures are just horrible. Look at the cars on the bridge in the beggining of leons playthrough. The insides of the school are perfect but the cars and jet among other things looks like ps1 inserts.

Graphics i can look past but qtes are something that even in a zombie arc leaves me frustrated. And now zombies can carry weapons. Another huge dissapointment. This game series wanted to innovate but what they did actually created a whole new game but stole the re title. I love the shooting mechanics but hate seeing an re game have military game style shootouts with enemies (some) that look more at home in a harry potter movie than re canon. Any company willing to take a popular well loved an established title and change everything alienating a large percentage of there fanbase desearves failure to open there eyes a bit. With the huge success of the walking dead tv series destroying the re movies and same time proving peoplr still LOVE that story setting why did they maje choices that would undenyable seperate there fan base in favor of heavy action gunfights when the series clearlu centers its existing popularity on slow paced zombie out break survival. This proves theu dont care about existing fan base and set standards. Iys all anout changing everything to somethinh unrecognizable to selk on title alone when this could have succeeded as a different title.
  23. Nov 30, 2012
    A complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaningless things just to make "impressive" action sequences in a action game! You´re insulting the intelligence of the players by doing so! The motive why that works on titles like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem it´s because they´re supposed to be a 80s action movie (they have context) but Resident Evil is the kind of franchise which we (the fans) ACTUALLY CARE about what happens to the main characters, the way that the story is driven and etc. If Capcom thinks that we will kiss her butt by giving us: a regular gameplay; bad camera; horrible partner A.I.; a multiplayer mode that nobody asked for; weakest storyline of the franchise; forgettable secondary characters like Piers; linear levels designed in the most claustrophobic way; millions of disposable quick time events and action sequences... they are wrong. We aren´t stupid, the user score on metacritic is a clear proof of that. Expand
  24. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is so bad it doesn't deserve a long review. This game is borderline broken. Camera is messed up. Controls are messed up. Story is everywhere, sloppy, and poor. Characters are extremely dumbed down now (except Ada... Ada was probably the one thing that kept me going). Replay value is non existent due to the game being so dreadfully boring. After that horrendous playthrough of the game I finally uninstalled it demanded my money back because it kept crashing and never touched multiplayer! DON'T BUY THIS GAME! IT IS AWFUL! 0/10! Expand
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    I will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on a hamster bro's, grephcis 87 owt oz 10 this game is so sexual lokoing that it is really betterer than a bagfull of megan foxeriz., gaymeplay 1,000,000 out 0v 10 theres stuuf and fings and stuff everywhere and fings, this relly is btteer than cod everyday of the week, awesumness mans and that, gooter goes nah and felch my preoredered copyz from ver shop, skillz and that to you peoples of the game sites, overaalls score 1 outs of500,000,000.2 Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    This is Resident Evil game that nobody wanted. Every aspect of this game stinks of Capcom rushing an unfinished game onto shelves as quickly as possible. A poor attempt at turning Resident Evil into Uncharted with awful action scenes and a billion quick-time events.
  27. Jan 26, 2013
    WHY CAPCOM? WHHYYYY? This is another one of my Favorite franchises butchered like a pig in front of my eyes. This is Resident Evil trying to be like a big budget shooter. Capcom just threw different aspects of action games together and expected them to fit. CAPCOM instead of building on this formula take 2 steps back. It'll benefit everyone.
  28. Oct 5, 2012
    This is the first time I've given the Resident Evil series a try in a long time, and I was overwhelmingly disappointed. It was like I was playing a FEAR game. Where are the zombies? People with sores on their bodies that mutate and turn into monstrosities and wield firearms and swords are not zombies. I'm glad I didn't waste the money buying this crock.
  29. Mar 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 took the franchise in a more action orientated direction and sadly RE 6 continues that trend. RE 6 is not a survival/horror game, but an all out 3rd person shooter with zombies and monsters, and though a lot of reviewers choose to call that “evolution”, I humbly disagree. As a matter of fact the franchise feels like it has been struck with a serious case of DEvolution to the point where I actually felt like I was playing Dragon’s Lair from 1983.
    I wouldn’t have a problem with an action orientated RE game, if it at least was done well. But RE 6 sadly isn’t. The controls feel inadequate in regard to the action and the number of fights in extremely restrictive areas leads more to confusion than excitement. On top of that, Capcom has somehow managed to make one of the worst and least effective covering systems ever devised, which further compounds the problems of fighting in close quarters. Imagine trying to aim at a monster simply to have your character slam his back against a wall. Yes, you use the same button to aim and cover. Who came up with that brilliant idea? Then there’s the melee. Run up to a badguy and push the attack button, then sit back and enjoy (provided your character actually does the correct attack, which I have observed them to be rather reluctant to do on several occasions). It is rather frustrating to stand right in front of a prone enemy and then watch your character firmly a couple of innocent air molecules rather than do the stomp he was supposed to. Maybe the reason for this is the hitbox. Everything has to be just so… Another situation where this presents itself is with the jumping zombies. Blow a zombies head of at the “wrong” time (when it’s too close) and the now HEADLESS zombie will continue to nibble at your neck with its… now absent head.
    The real problem with this game is in it’s guided “gameplay”. It is very busy guiding the player’s hand from start to finish through mindless shooting and the most absurd amounts of quick-time and scripted events I have ever seen in a game. I found myself wondering if it was time constraint that prevented Capcom from having quick-time events for reloading or taking health, because there sure are quick-times for just about everything else in this game.
    When you are not wiggling your analogstick, pumping a button, or timing a specific button press, you are also kept busy simply holding a button for running and then left to see how the game does EVERYTHING for you.
    I remember a specific boss battle where I practically didn’t do anything at all myself except for the occasional button press.
    We have a word for that, Capcom: INTERACTIVE MOVIE!
    Yes, that is what a lot of this game feels like, especially when you spontaneously die for simply walking in the wrong direction at the wrong time.
    And then there’s the padding; the endless repetitive respawning of bosses which reaches laughable proportions in this game. Constantly respawning bosses in order to prolong the “fight” and the game does not make it exciting. It makes it laughable, and then mindnumblingly boring!
    But let us end this on a positive note.
    The AI in this game is actually a big step up from RE 5 and the decision to loose the micromanagement of your AI buddy is deeply appreciated.
    Other than that, the most exciting thing about this game has to be the death sequences, which are amazingly brutal.
    I cannot in any way recommend this game to even the most dedicated RE fan. This game sadly represents everything that is wrong with the game industry at the moment. It aims for the lowest common denominator and unfortunately manages to hit rock bottom in the process.
  30. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  31. Oct 2, 2012
    I hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with this franchise forever. The games died when you released 4, The Movies died at afterlife... Wow... you REALLY dont know how to please fans. Please please PLEASE do NOT remake Resident Evil 2. You say you are if fans want it, but all you will do is make it that crap behind the back camera and make it non scary and all action. Goodbye Resident Evil. RIP.

Even AMY the game is better then this trash. At least it knows how to be scary...
  32. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  33. Oct 2, 2012
    So here i am someone who avoided Resident Evil 5 (watched a lets play on youtube and how **** far did they fall, from being called Capgod to Crapcom in 1 gen)and decided to take my chances with RE6 hoping capcom would learn their lesson.Jesus they took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  34. Oct 24, 2012
    I hate to say this -- I truly do -- but Resident Evil 6 is without a doubt the worst Resident Evil game I've ever played, and considering how every modern title besides Revelations has been pretty lackluster, that's nothing like saying it's the worst Mario or Zelda game I've played. What shocked me was that there were elements left unrefined that I would never have expected to be so. Even the controls felt unfinished in this game. It's not that they don't function properly, it's just that it feels like the characters warp through space. This doesn't happen in any other Resident Evil game. In every other title in the franchise, it feels like the characters are firmly grounded and move accordingly. Movements just feel so shoddy and unpolished in this game, and that's just unacceptable for any video game period.

Everything else in this game is just as bad, if not worse. The QTE's are murder, the enemy AI is pathetic, the inventory is a mess, weapon upgrades are useless and a pain to manage, melee strikes make you practically invincible, and the plot lacks any sense of direction. Just to name SOME of the issues with this game. I don't know how Capcom managed to produce such a bastardization of a Resident Evil game, but I do know that if they don't bounce back from this, they'll have lost every ounce of respect from me as not only a gamer but as a human being. This entire game was just an insult to play.
  35. Jan 30, 2013
    I am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was because the story arc seemed interesting, and I liked the idea of different characters different action. That being said, I couldn't put up with the many flaws to even find out how it ends. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    As a fan of RE I realy wanted to love this game, but unfortunetly, I could not. It's boring. Most of the time it feels like a chore rather than fun. The camera and movement controls are poor. The inventory, healing, weapon aim and weapons in general leave much to be desired. It looks good and there are some enjoyable moments, but as a whole, it feels like a game without identity. I guess that is what happens when you try and please everybody. Overall I am very dissapointed, and would not recomend this. Expand
  37. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  38. Oct 2, 2012
    Is no gaming series safe from over-casualization? Of becoming another Call of duty clone but overwhelmingly worse? Capcom continues this trend with RE 6. Quite simply, everyone is sick of fps' and the industry needs to wake up.
  39. Nov 14, 2012
    We get that Operation Raccoon City is one of the Resident Evil games that we don't care about. After that game comes Resident Evil 6...sadly one of the screwed-up sequels. Look at the Resident Evil fans! They're mad at that game! You got to admit that Resident Evil 6 is terrible...enough said.
  40. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day. Stay away from this game. It truly is awful. Expand
  41. Jan 26, 2013
    The Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**king QUICK TIME EVENTS. Every five second PRESS X. The good of the game is the co op and maybe the upcoming multiplayer but RE6 gets this low score because it is so dissapointing. CAPCOM is spiraling downwards. Expand
  42. Mar 1, 2013
    An unforeseen misadventure of a beloved franchise which was renown for being a survival horror with the right degree of action elements to entertain more visceral impulses. Having bought almost all titles of the series, I was disappointed to witness Resident Evil as another victim to commercialization in the gaming industry: simplification of mechanics for accessibility, points-based skill system as the reward-playtime 'incentive', vague genre for mass-appeal, and a rampant pace which has no focus. Resident Evil 6 has not only lost its plot, it has lost the redeeming values which captivated their original audience betraying them in an attempt to expand their marketing horizon with delusional ambition; consequences therein losing both the original audience in the future who supported the franchise and the alluring statistics of potential players who won't be interested since RE6 is a chaotic production.

RE6 is an ambitious disaster.
  43. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  45. Oct 6, 2012
    One of the worst game I ever played, I could play even 15 minutes... ruined good series
    I will never ever ever buy game published by Capcom. Worst money I spend.
  46. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and to earn more money off the people who do not seem to like the old values of the series, or simply do not know them, because they are simply too young or haven't played the grand old parts of the series. In my eyes this game is a disgrace and deserves ALL the negative response from the fanbase. People who rate this above 5 or even 10 have lost their touch, sad but true.

I'll give it a 1/10 because it's not completely terrible, but it is far away from what i expected from a game labled Resident Evil. It goes with the same trend like the movies, it gets worse and worse. After Operation Racoon City this is another deep rock bottom of the series and it is questionable if they can restore their reputation in futuregames or if they keep those low mainstreamstandards. I am very dissapointed of the result.
  47. Feb 9, 2013
    Worst game of 2012. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
  48. Nov 25, 2012
    All around, this is a disappointment. I loved RE5, but 6 does not live up to that memory. If you want a good action game, play Mass Effect 3. If you want a good survival horror game, play ZombieU. But do not buy RE6, it does a really bad job of trying to mix both genres, and ends up with a horrible conglomeration that fails to impress either way.
  49. Oct 3, 2012
    Very bad game design. Some scenes like flee in motorcycle can actually be played without hands, without any inputs. Like a film. Where's interactions ? BAD GAME !
  50. May 5, 2013
    If capcoms goal is to ruin the series then RE6 is a great first step. This game is one of the biggest letdowns I've ever played. WTF??? Why is this game so bad. It's been in dev for over 3 years. Why? And it's not like it doesn't have flashes of excellence but then it starts being really, really stupid. A zombie dinosaur??? A ****g Dinosaur in a RE game??? holy WTF. And also, I thought that capcom was bringing the survivor horror of RE4 back to the series??? So where is it? This is a pure shooter. Weak. Pass. Expand
  51. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This game in my opinion is a bad mix between RE5 and RE Racoon City. If you Didn't like any of these 2 games you won't like this one. The RE franchise as a horror survivor game is now dead. Dead space is now the true and only king of the genre. Expand
  52. Nov 27, 2012
    the game lost its fame and glory from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City but this game is not resident evil is a bad combination of uncharted, left for dead and silent hill
  53. Sep 20, 2013
    Please tell me why the hell the 6 is a giraffe getting a blow job from a person? The shooting is no good, the aiming is stiff, it feels like you're controlling a turret with rusty gears!
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    I read all the criticism, and bought the game anyway believing it couldn't be THAT bad... Now, I want my $60 back.

The Resident Evil franchise has turned into a lackluster and at times broken 3rd person shooter. Couple that with frustrating melee combat, cheap deaths that make NO logical sense (hit by a train while 40 feet away from the tracks?) , and just plain old bizarre creatures
    that awkwardly run down hallways and bump into you or fly around getting caught on invisible walls. For me, it was just unplayable. Expand
  55. Oct 21, 2012
    And Capcom is saying that they can't listen to every fan or they will never make progress. MAJOR LOL. Clearly they were listening to the wrong fans and now that the game is the lowest rated RE game in the main series, they're really going to have the balls to say this?

Reviewers even said the game was suffering an identity crisis. But I guess they meant they wouldn't make
    progress in profit, not because the game is good. Money grabbing **** Expand
  56. Oct 4, 2012
    Let this game be a prime example for developers of why you DO NOT stray from the path that your series has made. The Resident Evil series made the Horror Game Market with its special touch. That touch caused the creation of many great horror games by other developers: Dead Space, ETC. That touch caused you to not waste your ammo and the priceless moments of scaring the **** out of you. That touch is no-more. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face. That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. You threw it up and screamed WHAT THE **** DID I JUST TASTE. Expand
  57. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    Well... where do we start, this is the worst Resident Evil that has come out, and Im not going to review it from the "its not a survival horror" point of view, im reviewing it as it is.
    Graphics are okay, some model problems and other stuff with the landscape makes it laggy sometimes
    Gameplay: the camera system is horrible, even walking can result tedious and crappy, the shooting system
    is like resident evil 5, which was unexpected.
    Sound: maybe the "only" strong point, the voices are the only good thing about this game
    Multiplayer: coop only, playing with IA has been improved but still shows some errors

Rating: 4/10. So much hype for a crappy repetitive game and special asnwer for @Mizar: seriously: "Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000" ??? "People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control " ??? You havent played any of the resident evil right?
  59. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is woefully bad its not funny, the over use of cut scenes, the horrible controls and combat control, QTE every 5 seconds. Sure controls the old tanks controls were not ideal for being a killing machine but they suited the game. This game controls are awful, the way you switch weapons, reload, use items it horrid and made worse by the awful HUD. They are a serious step back from RE4, a last gen game.

RE franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom. He told them not to port RE4 to the PS2 but they ignored this great man and RE has been a shell of its self ever since.
  60. Oct 7, 2012
    Yep well I don't know how to say this guys, but RE6 is pretty much a perfect example of why the video game industry is falling downhill; it tries to be what it shouldn't.
    Remember the creepy atmosphere we had in RE4? The terror when you first encountered the "regenerator" in the hospital? I sure do, and RE6 threw it all trough the window and replaced them with zombies with guns. Doing
    tactics. riding vehicles. What am I even playing here? Chris/Jake campaign is an insult to the RE series. Even the campaign with Leon/WhatsHerFace doesn't offer much horror. You can punch the head off of zombies, how am I supposed to be scared when I'm a walking death machine? Cinematics represents half the game, Quick time events every god damn corners, your normal speed is running, a cross air was added along the laser sight, the story is confusing and I couldn't follow-- and where the hell did Jake Muller came from anyway? Wesker never mentioned he had a son! Puzzles are a no brainer (AKA they suck) I have so many mixed feelings about this game, its like rage, sadness and disappointment came together as one and kicked me in the balls. Expand
  61. Nov 3, 2012
    Very disappointing game. It is not a survival horror. I think capcom has ruined this game unless they switch it back. Just a retarded game. Rent before you buy because you will thank me later.
  62. Feb 5, 2013
    The only game in existence that I have ever played that actually makes the recent Call Of Duty games look, well, good, in comparison. I can't comprehend as to how people would give this game a 9 or a 10!. I believe that it honestly deserves a 0, it's one of the very few games that I would give this review score, because it has no redeemable qualities.

The First thing wrong with the
    game is the utterly ridiculous, broken gameplay. It is very obvious Capcom was trying to combine many things generally considered good or likable, such as TPcover (broken) or Co-op (useless pointless). The end result is a game with a confused identity, allowing the player to perform many actions mixing up gameplay elements which would've been a complete game it their own right, failing to deliver on each aspect of gameplay, leading to very terrible, broken gameplay mechanics. Gameplay for all 3 campaigns is the same, believe it or not, the same, just put in a different atmosphere environment. Even as a generic shooter, this game fails to deliver. I'm not critisizing the gameplay because it drifts away from RE. But even if this game did not carry the RE name. It is still terrible gameplay, would probably get around a 20 some score on this website. Lower than Suvivor!!!!
    It is clear Capcom tried to make the game more like left 4 dead with the co-op guantlet style play. Co-op is simply opening doors together. There isn't any kind of teamwork neccessary or even avaliable besides that. It fails even as a zombie shooter, poor balancing issues found in ORC make a return, leading to very minimal fun from shooting zombies.

The other main problem that I will mention is the complete lack of atmosphere. Many people who game the game a good review say that the leon campaign felt very RE like, with the zombies all. I'm here to tell you that's not true, the leon campaign is also the basis of a blockbuster horror movie, involving nothing but shooting zombies. Sure the Chris campaign is like a michael bay film, but the Leon one is like a blockbuster zombie film. Like RE Apocalypse if you will.

I don't usually tend to give games 0's. Only if they lack any kind of redeemability what so ever. RE also suffers from a complete lack of presentation story progression, very little plot or character devlopment, awful controls, an awful camera. It really is terrible, even as a co-op game, character bonding is at a minimal. I am not inpressed.

Review score: 4/100
  63. Jul 11, 2013
    Worrying look at the future

IS this really how Capcom thinks we westerners want to play games? A series of quick time events linked by 20 second bursts of holding A and forward on the left stick make up large parts of two of the campaigns here.

Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game
    throughout too.

This game is an ordeal which i have barely had the patience to see through top the end.

Last night I finally finished the Chris campaign (worst of a bad bunch) by leaving the final boss battle primarily up to the AI partner.

Another low point of the Chris campaign was when my sister rang, forcing me to put the pad down but leave the game running.

50 mins later i found i had not died and had actually progressed through the second chapter.

It turns out that Capcom probably just want you to 'ooh' and 'aah' through huge chunks of their games without questioning anything like plot, interactivity, challenge (not counting random deaths) or skill.

OH, did i mention the horrible control scheme and camera movement?

Jeezus...holding three buttons to shoot out of cover sems a bit much, as does constantly rotating the camera angle to show you yet another pwetty expwosion those clever guys put in for you all add up to major gameplay problems...

SO..overlong..overwrought..underwritten...undertested..unbearable.
  64. Dec 21, 2012
    Awful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be trying to be.
    I didnt believe the low scores before i bought this game but i do now!
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    Not only is this game the worst RE game, it's also the worst action game out there. Playing this game is like watching a movie because there's a cutscene every 30 seconds, except this movie has a **** camera, more button mashing quicktime events than Mario Party and non-fluid animations. The following is a summation of the whole game: Cutscene, quick time event, cutscene, shoot 2 monsters, cutscene, shoot 3 monsters, cutscene, open door, cutscene, run towards the camera away from something huge, kill the something huge boss in 2 shots, cutscene, rinse and repeat. Expand
  66. Oct 10, 2012
    Resident Evil used to be a scary survival horror innovator. It used to be unique and a leader in its respective field. Now it is just another Gears of War type action game. It has lost its way and has become a generic Micheal Bay title. True Resident Evil fans avoid it and show Capcom we don't want another generic shooter. If the sales figures reflect this they could actually make a unique survival horror title. Expand
  67. Oct 28, 2012
    Not a bad game so far but the qte's is very VERY irritating. There is the one part where you havve to land a plane that will actually make me think twice about buying the next release of RE. I don't know what the story is behind the qte's because it doesn't prove anything or make a game enjoyable, it just irritates players. I would've given this game a high rating but the qte's made me change my mind Expand
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    This is nothing like resident evil, its a cheap nasty cod clone, with nothing but action and cut scenes and QTEs. Its linear, its a travesty of its former self.
  69. Oct 4, 2012
  70. Oct 16, 2012
    After trying this at Redbox, I am so glad I didn't buy it. I had to go back and play RE5 after this, to remember what a decent RE5 game was like. Alas, the days of good games are gone, like Unreal Tournament, Half Life, Perfect Dark, and RE 1 and 2. How I miss those days...sob.
  71. Oct 27, 2012
    This game isn't about horror, it is a f*king dudgery! You have to labour through a mess to another mess, an inch by an inch while trying to figure out the convoluted controls, sometimes you wish to rather use your teeth, and then out of nowhere you died in most helpless fashion because the camera is so clunky.

Upon finishing every chapter, you feel no accomplishment, but bitter, anger,
    dizziness, and exhaustion. This game literately made me dust off my gamecube and play RE4 again.Jesus Capcom, what the hell were you thinking? Expand
  72. Mar 7, 2013
    Another example of a company trying to sell more to a wider audience than just making a good game in one genre. I must give it a low score to counter the idiots giving it a ten to counter the people who don't like it. It's more like a 6.
  73. Oct 8, 2012
    This should have been a new ip and it will be decent its clearly doesn't deserve resi 6 name hope dev will learn from their mistake

And why low score cause its not resi
  74. Oct 5, 2012
    Holy cows, this is pretty bad stuff, it's not even a good ACTION game, it's full of technical problems, the camera is awful and the cover system is broken. Surely a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    Horrible game, Capcom almost literally took a **** on all of their fans with this piece of garbage. It's sad, really but probably for the best since we likely won't get another resident evil game after this, thank god to that.
  76. Oct 10, 2012
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Having been a fan of the series for over a decade, I had a bad feeling when I first played BH5, an obvious change of direction after 4, which was a master piece but a game which arguably changed the foundational elements: horror and helplessness which defined the original Bio Hazard.
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD
    action and frustrating fighter.
    Even as a GAME it fails to be accessible and rewarding, relying solely on harvesting fans's emotional attachment to the high polygon version of the character they have grew to care about.
    In one word, AVOID.
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    This is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effects are like diarrhea coming out of a trumpets ass! Expand
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    I do not have any problem with Capcom doing a Resident Evil without horror. But if they want to do a TPS, they should do something good. With great games like Gears of War and Uncharted available, who wants dated and boring game like this. Resident Evil 6 is a big failure.
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    If you like Resident Evil, you will not like this game. It should be titled, "Call of Zombies". This game is a total COD wannabe with infinite QTEs in place of a good game. Save your $60. Tell Capcom we will not support this kind of crap.
  80. Oct 3, 2012
    They took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  81. Oct 3, 2012
    BIG SIGH CAPCOM, are you happy now? You have your BIG **** ACTION GAME, good job. Im sure you made every 12 year old cream their pants for you exploding helicopters and roundhouse kicking zombies in the face, who cares if you killed the mood with your nonstop "crank it to 'leven" shenanigans, the disjointed, frankly STUPID storytelling, the plain jane boring ass characters, makes me want to grab you by the collar, slam your head against the ceiling and spit/shout in your corrupted face. **** YOU Expand
  82. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. The main characters are like superheroes rushing through the crowds of enemies without any resistance, bosses - a pathetic parody of the RE4 bosses. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    The just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This is no longer a survival s. Clearly the call of duty is ing around. It is just copy past from many s
  84. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst game ever... In the past, ever since RE 2 on the N64, I would put in a RE game and just Know that it was going to make life okay, I knew that all my anxieties and failings and disappointments in life were going to be left at the door when I popped in this RE game. I could always rely on their quality, substance, and entertainment. They were like any other Thing ever created. They weren't just games, they were inspirations that brought me to new psychological heights. I connected with their creative streams of thought, their high quality craftsmanship, these games made me a better person. I wanted to reach the level of inspiration and quality that I experienced in these games in my own life. And I had patience and trust and security in that. That no matter what, Capcom would always release a quality RE game that put all other games and most other forms of entertainment media to shame. And now this, it is almost as if one awoke into a sad disappointing nightmare, where all faith and trust and hope are gone and you are only left with yourself and the bland ugliness that surrounds you everywhere. Everything about RE6 is wrong, everything, it just feels wrong altogether. Perhaps it is this stage in time, perhaps there needs to be death to many things for a beautiful and inspired birth of new things. But the death of RE is one of the most painful and sad experiences of my entertainment life. I have had relationships end that felt less discouraging than this. When RE6 tagged it 'no hope left' they were just smacking us lifelong fans in the face with another 'F U we know your hopes are crushed'. Whoever allowed this game to be made is undeserving of a seat at mcdonald's. The creator of this game is lacking testosterone and has no artistic substance to them at all, they are ugly, whoever made this game is a bad mark on humanity. I'm going to go vomit now. Expand
  85. Oct 4, 2012
    There we have it folks, the biggest disappointment in video game history. This game is so unbelievably bad, I had a great time laughing at how generic it was. Capcom wanted the Call of Duty audience, so this is what they made. Fans are pissed at how bad this game was and it shows. It doesn't even deserve a review, the dirt on the bottom of my shoe is worth more than this trash.

Former
    hardcore RE fan. Out. Expand
  86. Oct 4, 2012
    If RE want to ditch its horror genre and go all action at least make it as good as gear of of wars or MGS. It is a relatively Ok action game. But with the RE tag on the disc, you expect much more.
  87. Oct 29, 2012
    If this game was under a different title I would give it 5/10 as it is a pretty mediocre third person shooter, but I think it is unfair of Capcom for trying to cash in on the success of a once great survival horror game by trying to trick people into thinking that this bland corridor-shooter has anything to do with the previous games other than a few plot references. I was a die-hard resident evil fan in the past, I will not be spending any more money on this series now that it is in generic shooter territory. Expand
  88. Jan 15, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  89. Dec 15, 2012
    This **** piece of **** game is the Nickelback of gaming history, Capcom should be ashamed of having their logo stamped on this abomination, we should just pretend it doesn't exist and move on.
  90. Oct 13, 2012
    A game full of poorly implemented QTE's and terrible camera angles. This is the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. By conforming to the COD model of gaming and not taking risks, gaming has become stagnated. The so called safe approach can only work for so long before people become bored. Resident Evil 6 utilises the action heavy formula and provides a very shallow and unrewarding experience. Expand
  91. Oct 9, 2012
    Where to start, maybe no manual. I know it's petty but hey I am paying $60. What if I didn't have access online, or didn't want to figure out the Gordian not also known as the in game menu. Don't get me started on the menu in game, cause it's about as useless as the plot in this game. The prologue? Capcom owes me 20 minutes of my life back and by the way, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of whoever decided it would be brilliant to make it mandatory to get to the actual game menu and then be able to play co-op AFTER the prologue. Now I know why 4 hours+ of the game is cut scenes, so the QA team didn't commit seppuku. They could actually go get a redbull and their antidepressants. The melee combat is atrocious. I love how almost all my hits miss unless 5 planets align. How's the camera you ask? It's about as useful as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory. Co-op is the only way I can stand this game because if your gonna pull rusty red hot shrapnel out of your kneecap, you might as well have help. I have been inexplicably dropped from the game just before the end of the chapter only to rejoin and find I had 7 seconds in game at summary screen and nothing to show for it. Well done re6 well done. I have been at some please wait to reconnect screen which never did find my partner again, I am assuming he was sent to another of re6s rings of hell to suffer alone. Yeah and thanks for explaining things like stamina or bomb detonating as well. Wow just wow. What else lets see....oh yeah QTEs. I think we need more. Maybe like 4 hours+ worth to match the cut scenes. Yo Capcom, a pit in the desert is calling, ET Atari cartridges want some company. Expand
  92. Oct 2, 2012
    Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worse chapter of the series.. I hope capcom will do something like resident evil revelation on 3ds on the near future, or something like resident evil 0-1 for gamecube.. really this game suck
  94. Nov 19, 2012
    What is happening to Capcom? there is no more creativity, we don't need more action games,we don't need seven campaigns, we need a real survival horror game.

Please Capcom fix, and patch, but the all the game.
    XD
  95. Oct 4, 2012
    Annoying camera, delayed controls. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. Gameplay make me feel i got trolled by developers. I don't care the game not look like classic RE successor, I actually was waiting for good action in RE-universe. But unfortunately is not even a good action. Disappointment.
  96. Jan 31, 2013
    Aburrido, lento y decepcionante. De todas las innovaciones, quizá tan sólo pueda salvarse el sistema de cámara detrás del hombro. Por lo demás, en ningún aspecto mejora a sus predecesores: estamos ante un vulgar shooter que se ha querido vender como algo superior.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    People keep putting 10/10 reviews for this horrible game.
    Capcom will never again get a cent from me.

For those who say this is a great action game do realise that this is the resident evil franchise that is supposed to be survival horror.
    Truth of the matter is that Capcom wanted to go 'mainstream' and 'casual' and thought that it would work on an established franchise instead of a
    new IP.
    Turns out they got a lot of free sales from people who put their faith in Capcom and bought what they thought was a "Resident Evil' game.
    I don't think I've ever been so disappointed by a game as much as this and the user reviews and score shows that.

There is no saving this, the RE franchise is gone.

For the die hard fans try the demo at the very least before you spend your money.
  98. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  99. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  100. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that many emotions at once. Good job Cap com, or should I say Crapcom. You have fricked me for the last time. Expand
  101. Nov 30, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.