Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  3. Jan 2, 2015
    This game is just bad; completely unplayable. Camera and controls are horrible. I enjoyed RE4 and RE5 despite being shooters, but RE6 is mediocre.

Stay away from this turd and save your money.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is better than Dark Souls in every aspect, seriously would you believe me if i tell you how much I got bored with Dark Souls? but with Resident Evil 6 it's fun all the time because you have weapons and you fight monsters not just those boring zombies, REAL monsters.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    I agree with the people who claims this game to be better than Dark Souls, dark souls have no story and its boring with an unfair difficulty. This game in the other hand is fun, with a fair difficulty and the best story of videogame history. If you dont buy it, you're retarded. Dont let the user score scare you, what are you? a fool who let others brainwash you into not buying what you want? lol
  6. Oct 27, 2012
    I've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which isI've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which is the RE that you know and love. Some puzzles, dark, and zombies, zombies, zombies. There's also Chris/Piers, which is more run-and-gun than the other two campaigns. Then there's Jake/Sherry, which is, as far as I've gotten, more about puzzles and simply not dying more than anything else. I've yet to unlock Ada's story.

To anyone saying that they should take out partners... One, there's a skill that stops your partner from helping you. Two, there's Ada's campaign, where you're alone. And finally, why would they? Games today are about connectivity - playing with others - and for good reason. Co-op and multiplayer adds so much replay value and overall fun. You think as many people would buy the next Battlefield, Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed if they said there'd be no multiplayer?

Now that that's through, on to the actual game. This game is very well done. The graphics rival Final Fantasy's in-game graphics and overall mood and lighting of each campaign is fitting with each respective playstyle. The story was also crafted wonderfully. All three campaigns intertwine with each other in a magnificent manner, which leaves the player WANTING to complete all three stories. As far as controls go, I don't understand what all the hate is about. I found the controls to be much more intuitive than games in the past.
  7. Oct 8, 2012
    An epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answersAn epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answers etc, so you continue playing because of this. The bossfights are great and the J'avo are funny enemies. The zombies however, seem a bit uninspired and reminds you more of L4D rather than Resident Evil. The game isn't scary... except when it comes to one enemy IMO, the Raskaplanje, a regenerator-looking monster that is even more horrorfying to look at. Other than that, it is the action we have come to know from RE4, but improved. All the characters except Piers and Helena are interesting for fans that have followed the series a long time, as we have come to know them from several games before. Yeah, I really liked this game a lot. I've had some crazy fun moments with this game and I'm going to keep on playing it as there are still some stuff to look forward to. Expand
  8. Oct 4, 2012
    If you liked RE5 then you will love it. This game is awesome and even better when played with a friend! The reviews have been way too harsh. Do what I did. IGNORE THEM and have all out mutant zombie killing fun!
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    Its a evolution of the original resident evil series, but is a good game, just give it a try. Don't let this trolls scare to you, play the demo or go with a friend and try it.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    I am gonna get right to the point and not waste your time. If you are looking for an outstanding survival horror game, leave this page and go play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you are looking for a game that successfully blends action and horror, again get off this page and go play Dead Space 2. Now, you are probably wondering if this is at least a solid action game. After spending 33I am gonna get right to the point and not waste your time. If you are looking for an outstanding survival horror game, leave this page and go play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you are looking for a game that successfully blends action and horror, again get off this page and go play Dead Space 2. Now, you are probably wondering if this is at least a solid action game. After spending 33 hours with this gigantic mess of a game, I can tell you with no exaggeration that this is a poor action game. As a die-hard RE fan, I really want to be somewhat generous, so let's start with the positives. The cutscenes and story are fabulous and mesmerizing. The enemy design is easily superior to most games out there. Furthermore, the graphics and shadow effects are truly well done and slightly better than its predecessor. Annnnnd that's it. Those are the positives. Now I really want to sum up the negatives with just one sentence if you don't mind: Ahem...The camera is poorly designed, quick-time events ruin immersion and annoy the living crap out of you, level design is utterly boring and uninspired, AI is mostly pathetic, horribly mediocre setpieces, horrible pacing, very annoying scripted events that screw you over each time, and finally the controls just don't fit a game like this. Overall, it is one massively disappointing entry in the Resident Evil series, a series I have loved for such a long time. It is not a good horror game (not scary in the slightest), it is not a good action game, and it is a very very poor Resident Evil game. Is it fun sometimes? Sure. Is it memorable? Kind of but definitely not in a good way. Not recommended. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    I am not going to go into an extended review, I'll just say avoid this game like the plague it fails as a resident evil game and it fails as a stand alone game. If you have to absolutely have to play it wait till the price drops to avoid been burnt.
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    An absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currentlyAn absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currently giving this game high scores are the EXACT same people that will be bored of the game in a few days, there's no replay value, WHY ON EARTH would you want o play through this game a second time when it's SO horribly scripted and linear? what's the point? it's garbage! the general game design is BAD.

Can't wait for people to beat their current stage of denial and come to terms with their buyers remorse, and then start complaining about the game, but here's the kicker, THE GAME IS GOING TO SELL AMAZINGLY, well done guys! because we all love crappy linear action shooting games don't we? Unbelievable, it's just a huge shame that this had to happen to one of my favourite, and one of the most UNIQUE franchises out there, it's a shadow of its former self and a rip off of every modern shooter currently on the market, there's FAR too many games like this already, things need to change otherwise games will CONTINUE to be like this, Capcom see the trend people! DO something to change it.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    To start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the sameTo start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the same over the shoulder angle and computer controlled melee attacks. The melee attacks are a lot more rounded, however, and feel useful especially early in game. The gun and weapon effects are good and powerful; if you shoot the knee you notice the difference but could easily have been better.
    At one or two points stagnant zombies laying in wait for a timed event to happen are considered environment, only minutes later to come "to life", which seems a little peculiar and unrealistic especially if you've just unloaded a few rounds at them. If your familiar with the interface of the previous game your going to have to learn another one, but really boost the amount of equipment you can carry. Not complex but fiddly to start. If you a fan of the previous iteration then your not going to be disappointed and you may be used to the change if you played through the series.
    Bad points: Similar to the previous, some better AI and less mindless mindless zombies.
    Good points: A sense of completionist accomplishment, decent action and decent fun. You also get to shoot zombies in the face all under the name of Redfield.
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5 in the Action-horror genre, but while trying to mix things with the characters that feels like different experience, especially with Leon, keep doing good Capcom, this is your story and your game, and these trolls don't dictate what you should do! Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Great game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in theGreat game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in the series with an open-mind. Enjoy the mysteries of Resident Evil once more, throughout 3 campaigns! Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down theI've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down the goods and bads with the title. Go to a friend's house that has the game and try it. Then come to your own conclusion. Over 600 people worked on this game in a span of 3 years and it shows. Many people complain about it not being scary enough. Leon's campaign is a bit creepy, but the series has been changing throughout the years. That doesn't mean that the game is a bad game.

It has it's quirks, but the sheer number of gameplay hours, campaigns, modes, multiplayer, online options, ranking, co-op, story, etc. more than makes up for some of the quirks. No game is perfect and this game isn't, but in the end, it's a damn good game with replay value. Plus, you have plenty of in-game options to tweak it to your liking.

For example: Agent Hunt mode is a really cool mode idea: "In a nod to Demon's Souls, Agent Hunt lets players invade other Resident Evil 6 games. While some hapless player is trying to fight their way through the game's first campaign as Leon Kennedy or Helena Harper, you jump in, take control of a zombie or a dog and try to kill them. If they kill you, no problem! You spawn as another zombie, another dog or, well, some really nasty monsters with some crazy attack moves."

So, educate yourself first. Do your homework on the game if your skeptical and don't let anyone trolling/hating on this title bring you down. You have nothing to worry about, this game is a blast.
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    I suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over timeI suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over time (though admittedly they do sometimes work to create tension when failing once or twice doesn't make you lose the whole thing, so you start to freak out, etc). The camera is off sometimes, albeit not too often, and the scripted events can often spring out of nowhere and kill you before you really have a chance to react. This, however, isn't a fair assessment of the game. No, it doesn't rise to the giddy heights of Resident Evil 4, but I'd say it's a step up on Resident Evil 5. As bad as the dialogue is (and that's a subjective issue; I actually find the bad dialogue pretty funny, though I understand why others might disagree) the story and narrative weaving together is actually extremely interesting. Without spoilers, there's more than a few moments where you see a scene you've already played, and suddenly realise how it fits in with the overall plot. Those are good. After the clusterf*ck that was the Resident Evil 2 timeline with its two scenarios, it's nice to see Capcom capable of making a plot that fits together.

I'm also a big fan of melee counters. They're reminiscent of the dodge mechanic in Resident Evil 3; press the dodge button (RT) at the correct time, and you knock away or reverse an enemy swing. The reaction time is fast enough to be rewarding when you make it, without necessarily making every single attack easy to avoid. The melee system on the whole is pretty good; asides from the fact you can perform kicks and punches without shooting first, the same head/arm/leg set-ups still apply from Resi 5 and work well. The new dodge system...I never found too many practical uses for it, in all honesty. It was helpful sometimes, but it's more a flashy addition. But the gunplay works well; the addition of quickfire was nice, as was the stamina bar to prevent melee attacks from becoming *too* overpowered. All in all, combat is still enjoyable, particularly when the game throws larger and larger hordes of enemies at you to test your abilities. Jake's melee abilities in particular are pretty fun once you get a knack for them.

The biggest thing you have to accept with Resident Evil 6 is the fact it's really moved on from being survival horror. Honestly, I always figured that was a given after 5, and expected 6 accordingly. No, it's not the greatest third person action game ever made, but it's pretty fun if you can take the rough with the smooth. Yes, it can be a bit repetitive. But then you have moments where everything's going to hell, and the quality experience Capcom are capable of producing shines through. As it was with Resident Evil 5, from a purely fun perspective, the game is brilliant with co-op.

Resident Evil 6 is inconsistent, for sure. But it tries. It tries really, really hard. For every moment you're facepalming at bad dialogue or another QTE, there's another two where you're forced to flee from an overwhelming enemy, fighting off foes from all sides, and those are the moments that'll stick with you. And at 33 hours long, it's a good length. Resi 5 took 8 hours at best, and that wasn't consistent either. So be patient. By all means, rent Resident Evil 6 or borrow it from your buttclenched friend, and give it a try. It's not a game for everyone. People who were looking for perfection will sadly be disappointed. But for those who want to see more of the Resident Evil storyline and characters, who want to kick back with a mate and enjoy some action, and can deal with a bit of linearity, you could really do a whole lot worse.

This is not a survival horror. It's a good, solid action game, and for those of you who expected that, you won't be disappointed.
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    This is just terrible. I used to be the biggest Capcom and RE fan ever, but I wont be buying another Resident Evil game after this one. The last Resident Evil game was total garbage (raccoon city) and this really isn't any better. I wish I had never bought it. I rarely trade games in but I'll be taking this game back to gamestop today.
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    Dark Souls is the best game i ever played, i cant believe people are **** all over it. Leon is such a good character. So is chis. The old Dark Souls was better though, the one with clair, capcom needs to put her in another game.
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    These people giving scores lower than a 6 are just absolutely being haters. theres no reason for that. it's a good game. awesome graphics, and a fun time. nothing wrong with controls or anything. load screens seem to be the only real problem... i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm a huge fan of the series and this one ROCKS!
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people areI really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people are getting defensive due to the game not meeting their their idea of what this game should be. They are not rating this game on what it is; it's a good game. Would GOW3 of gotten a 0? How about Uncharted 3? No they wouldn't of. If you were to give this game a score based on any number of measurable parameters and not the ones you make up then you would have to give this game a decent score. However you are entitled to your completely biased hatred barely an excuse for an opinion review. Seriously people need to grow up. Of course I'm sure a bunch of these reviews are from 12 and 13 year children so what can you really expect? The game is solid as a 3rd person action shooter not as a survival shooter as it once was. Please give this game a chance and you'll see that is worth while fi you are a fan 0of this genre. Don't hate on it because your preconceived notions of what this franchise should be is obscuring your ability to reason and make sound judgments. Some people worked hard on this game and it shows(in some parts more then others; it's not perfect but it's not a 0. The entirety of the vision that was intended to be assembled here didn't come to fruition but, there are glimpses of the picture that was to intended to be perceived. A little bit more direction would of gone along way. yet this is still a solid action title. 30+ of good game play. You get 5 maybe 6 from some major franchises these day if your lucky. I probably would actually give this title more along the lines of an 8.5 or an 8 but, there is no 8.5 button and I figured that I would try and balance out some of these 0's. Good game give it try. Expand
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Alright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting thisAlright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting this game, as i did with Final Fantasy 13, Silent Hill homecoming, and this is where it ends for me, RE6 has ruined the series for me and im done with it. Im sticking with games that are actually good, dead space, Bioshock and fallout are games series i can count on. Expand
  24. Oct 2, 2012
    honestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the gamehonestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the game the way it was, it would just feel like an expansion pack. People keep complaining that it's like Gears of War. Nothing under the sun is original, Gears is one of the most successfull videogame franchises, it makes sense to borrow a few pages from their book. If these fans were so diehard they'd accept that their sub-par cult game finally made the awesome leap it was bound to make. Because that's what Resident Evil is, a cult game. Now it finally can be recognized as top contender in the videogame industry. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    this game sucks, i never go by the reviews of any website but i should have waited to see how it fared it but didnt do it. so i went last night n stood up in line for an hour to get this game i even missed work to play all day. this was the worse game of the year. i feel robbed.
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    The worst gaming experience of the current generation. Is a shame. I threw the money making this purchase. capcom ripped me off. Never again buy a numerical game saga
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONEWhere is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONE other person. Survival horror is **** dead. I have little to no hope in it's miraculous resurrection with Dead Space 3. You **** maggots with your swag and your YOLO, and your 3 second twitch-reactionary, call of duty clone, shallow, soulless, corporate bile, gaming appetites have desecrated another great series. Having actually given the game a fair honest chance, 40+ hours of an honest chance, I can say with complete genuine sincerity that this game can be a very entertaining co-op romp, bursting with "features" and "modes", and the graphics are as close to top-notch as consoles will permit, however, if you're looking for any remnant of a real "RESIDENT EVIL" game, you're in for soul crushing disappointment. It's a mediocre action game at best, albeit a very uninspired and cowardly action game, at best. Survival horror was and is my favorite gaming genre, but it's also a genre that's been on life-support for some time now. The first Dead Space gave me hope, and the second one was pretty good too. Survival horror used to be a genre exclusively for the hardcore, intelligent, adult gamer who would be forcefully thrown, alone, into a mature world where every closed door could open into your impending death at the hands of some unnameable horror. This genre has always been a niche (minority) gaming genre with loyal fans, however, major AAA gaming corporation (like Capcom) realize that the fanbase for such games is relatively low, so to make more money they must cater to the "casual" gamers, kids, college bros, fps fanboys, overly protective mothers, etc., by turning the pure horror element into a call of duty style, run-and-gun, over-the-top, action, co-op, multiplayer, leaderboard infested, perversion of an original idea. Essentially, they must reach the widest demographic possible to make the most money (because they've done studies that show that the average consumer's attention span is lower than ever and call of duty/FPS games sell right now), so they let every possible money making influence stick their dicks in the original idea pie, resulting in something like RESIDENT EVIL 6. No horror to be had, but tons of visual pleasing, run-and-gun, call of duty inspired, action packed, co-op moments, and any mentioning of survival horror influence laden therein just makes me **** sick. I have nothing against people who find these polished turds entertaining, because it ultimately comes down to how much you value your time. Some people's entertainment time is nothing more than to simply kill time between working and sleeping. I value my gaming time as if it were an artform, and I appreciate all the subtle nuances, mechanics, underlying plots, inspirations, symbolism, subtle references, etc. My gaming time is sacred, and I'll only spend my money on the highest caliber of art within my set of subjective genre preferences, which happens to be the one getting the shaft at the moment; survival horror. It's a bad joke, and it's literally at your expense. I know a lot of you want the game to be good so badly that you're willing to find any possible rationalization to convince yourself that this game is still worthy of the title on the disk, but it's not. I've done my grieving for the series a long time ago, and it may take some of you fans a little bit longer to wake up to the truth and realize that what you once cherished has now mutated into something uninspired, unoriginal, and bloated. Maybe some of you have noticed already...Go ahead, pour your 30-40 hours in, beat all the difficulties, get your achievements/trophies, then head to MULTIPLAYER, patiently await overpriced DLC that you can throw more of your money at, like a sad tired junkie waiting for the next placebo fix. If anyone granting this game a positive review is even half of the fan they may claim to be, then I know with near certainty that they too must be as upset over this soulless trash as I am. How could they not be? They may not want to admit it now for various reasons, but in time, it will sink in. On the inside, true fans everywhere are reeling in a feeling of deep repulsion and betrayal, and the numerous list of growing negative user-reviews reflects that. Something's horribly wrong here...Here's a surefire litmus-test to tell a "real" fan of the series from the fake ones, the one's whose only knowledge of the game is from #4 forward, ask them if they know what an "ink ribbon" is, and more importantly, if they've ever used one! BOTTOM LINE: I give it a one in memorandum of the name on the disk. They should change the name. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    As a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't likingAs a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't liking about it; sure, Resident Evil is supposed to be a 'survival-horror' game, but we must all accept that once the beta of Resident Evil 4 was scrapped, those days were over. Any true fan of the series would be happy with what they were given (granted what they were given wasn't unquestionable garbage) I enjoyed almost all the quick time events and the only thing that really 'annoyed' me about the game was that Ada seems incapable of death... I am not a fan of Call of Duty or Battlefield, nor do I play either (regularly) but I can guarantee that this game will be getting plenty of hours logged on my Xbox. Expand
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    I should of known better. This is not resident evil. After playing for one day, I returned it. It's got plenty of qte action(not for me) , where is the horror? Short answer not in this game. Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one. Resident evil went from top tier to gutter trash. Avoid at all costs.
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    It seems they looked at what made games like cod sell and decided to throw everything out that made the originals amazing, and dump in some half assed components familiar with action games, which they didn't even get right either.
    If your idea of fun is a broken camera, dull visuals,a thrown together story, quick time events every 5 steps and zombies that now use cover and fire weapons, then maybe you will get 10 minutes of fun out of this.
    Though if you expect it to be anything like past resident evil games, you will be in for quite a shock.
    RE6 and capcom are an insult on gaming in general.
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines.If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they removed weapon upgrading, BUT they replaced it with a skill system.

For those that are complaining that it's not the same as the original games, of course it isn't. Resident Evil was about a group of supposed super cops who couldn't manage a headshot on a shambling zombie from 5 feet. The original games were on the incompetent end of the absurdity scale. This game puts them on the super-competent end. It's still silly but at least it's a silly that allows you to fail on your own lack of skill rather than on the STARS mind-bogglingly poor combat awareness.
  32. Oct 4, 2012
    if you like re6, then you should be ashamed of yourself. i'll quickly list the issues with this game.

dated, messy inventory. abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski ) horribly implemented cover system disgusting inaccurate hit detection more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs terrible AI that is comparable to ORC bland, uninspired

dated, messy inventory.

abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski )

horribly implemented cover system

disgusting inaccurate hit detection

more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs

terrible AI that is comparable to ORC

bland, uninspired level design

terrible camera that has even given people motion sickness

clunky, unpolished controls

incoherent focus of game design ( it's either uncharted, gears of war. or heavy rain )

incoherent story that quite frankle loses focus
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth.Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth. If game has any positive traits to it, then a someone that has any game knowledge whatsoever would never give it a 0 rating. The story in the game so far seems to just as amazing as any other resident evil game. Of course the originals were the best, but let's move on guys. Let's focus on the now, and stop wanting to replay the past. This game deserves way more credit than it has received. Expand
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    After reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of theAfter reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of the "one of these things just isn't like the others" arguments null and void.

First off, I do feel that Capcom should have settled for one large campaign, perhaps with a mix of all the playing styles/enemies, maybe even with the ability to play with the different protagonists at different points in the campaign. I've never been a fan of the transition to humanoids, so I dont favor the Chris and Jake campaign that much and naturally gravitated to Leon's. To me, Chris' campaign is shoddy - poor man's TPS and besides, if I wanted to be shot at, I'd play COD.

The AI is lacking at times but that was a concern for me from jump but not so much as to spoil the game. Zombies certainly took to the AI well but humanoids, not so much. QTEs were a good add but entirely too excessive and sometimes hard to catch if you're on the move. I like how the inventory system is more streamlined but with the action/pace being so forced/chaotic at times, you can find yourself not having time to do much before enemies are on top of you or riddling you with bullets. I absolutely love being able to shoot on the move and melee but with shooting on the move comes the erratic dodge/avoidance moves - again, a good idea but can be a control layout nightmare when you're in the middle of said chaotic action. I found myself diving and rolling on accident far too many times. Graphics - lighting, environment, creature design and degradation after attacks, cutscenes - all solid. The cutscenes werent exactly moving content-wise but have always been give and take in the series.

Not a perfect game by far but overall I've enjoyed RE6. Agent Hunt feels a little unnecessary but it's kinda fun trying to jack up someone else's game. Capcom should have stuck to their timetable and used this extra month for quality control but I doubt it would have made a huge difference in the final product and your overall opinions. I understand the resentment of the masses towards the game and respect to those who could give a levelheaded review but for the most part, these reviews are elite level trolling.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are looking for a survival horror game, Resident Evil 6 is not that game. Is a action game, a very bad and poor action game. Is a marketing ploy call the game Resident Evil. Buying new is a waste of money.
  36. Oct 3, 2012
    Dont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign isDont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign is that they all end. Dont listen to Tas el Kender, Dionisios21 or that **** **** of xiphias, this game rocks. Graphics: 10 the best looking game of our generation and Leon is too hot sound: 10 it sounds scary sometimes Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000 in the end its what matters so stop trolling k? People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control will never comeback. hahaha, accept gaming evolution already.(2) Expand
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    I am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologicallyI am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologically remembering the Resident Evil games of their childhood in a unrealistic light. The Playstation games were good games but by no means were they ever scary. Silent Hill trumped them when it came to scares. I challenge any of you to go back and play any of them and seriously tell me how they make you **** your pants in fear. Yes, they were survival. Yes, they had horror elements. But, by no means, were they ever scary. Most of us were children when they first came out and a lot of us it was our first introduction to the horror genre. Our brains have created a nostalgic trip and have created a shrine in our memories for what we once thought was scary. Going back to them recently i have came to realize that sometimes people hold things they remember enjoying as a kid, young teen, in way to high regard. If you haven't played the game. Do all of us a favor and quit your **** Do something productive, email Capcom directly. Tell them exactly why you don't like the game and do it in a civilized manor. I'd advise renting it or playing it first. Otherwise they would probably just laugh you off. I know some you feel like you need to fit in. Its cool to have hate. I think we get it. Nothing better then flaming stuff on the internet. Oh wait, maybe if you had a friends. Most of you are starting to sound like whiny children. No wonder you can't find G/f's. Now to the review. This is actually not so bad of a game. It has its faults. The nonsense deaths and the qte's and the placement of cut scenes do get a little annoying. But, for the most part the game is just like 4 and 5 which are far from being horrible games. Leon's campaign is stronger then Chris's or Jake's. With Jake's falling in between. Chris's is a little flawed on higher difficulties, with more of an emphasis on making you use a broken cover system. Its a little annoying trying to take cover from everything shooting at you when long ranged and short ranged j'avo intermingle to try to take you down together. But for the most part I concentrated on if I was having fun. And the game succeeded in that area. When you get past the qte's and the flaws the game plays like a mix of 4 and 5. Even though the camera did take me a little bit of time to get use to, once i did i really had no problem with it. If you want survival you should try playing on veteran or professional. You will quickly get your lack of bullets. Melee seems to be less of an option on the higher difficulties. The added strength of baddies, the less likely you would want to get close enough to any of them to take them on hand to hand. Yes, Resident Evil lost its way. I agree. But, i'm not crying about it. And by no means is this a horrible game. I was a tad bit disappointed but still came out of it having a lot of fun. 8.0 out of 10. Expand
  38. Oct 4, 2012
    The biggest dissapoint of 2012,Capcom has lost it. Capcom should play the first three and see how its done, the controls are better and more responsive in the old ones then this turd. Don't forget the cheap deaths that give you no warning, WTF Capcom!!! Give us more new characters no one gives a **** about.

What about Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Jill, Claire and Carlos ? Stop watching the RE movies Capcom they are horrible just like this game.
  39. Oct 4, 2012
    There is no atmosphere, there is no challenge, it shoots only. The game is boring. Where is the true Resident Evil? It 's so difficult to realize?
    Resident Evil is dead. Capcom is dead.
    Capcom, think more fans and less money.
  40. Oct 4, 2012
    Ho avuto la fortuna di poter giocare alla demo su Xbox 360 prima dell'uscita del gioco.
    Avrei dato una votazione bassa tipo 4.
    Fiducioso giorno 2 sono andato alla Fnac di Genova e ho preso a 69.99
  41. Oct 4, 2012
    Is it a perfect game? Absolutely not. This is not a 10 in my opinion. That being said, I am having a great time playing RE6. The problem with reviews is that they don't always speak to you find favorable in a game. I almost didn't get this game because of the bad reviews, but the more positive reviews (not the 10's, though) tended to speak to what I find enjoyable.

People are right.

People are right. This isn't a survival horror game at its heart. Maybe I enjoy it more because I haven't been a life long fan of Resident Evil, so I didn't come in with a preconceived notion of what this game SHOULD be. There are too many quick time events and often require more speed than my feeble thumbs can muster. The camera angles frequently force you to look at something when you want to be looking at the zombie bearing down on you. Cinematics can be jarringly frequent, which can disrupt the flow of the game.

On the other side of the coin, the visuals are well done. The quality of cinematics are solid. The animations are decent and there is an overall great polish to the visual quality. The audio quality is similarly excellent. The voice acting is on point, the overall sound effects are top notch, and there is a great ambiance persistent throughout the game. The controls aren't perfect, but they are manageable. I certainly can appreciate the greater mobility of the characters movements, like being able to move while aiming. That is a break from tradition, but sometimes you need to move forward to stay relevant. What really pushes me to give this game a more positive score is that I have fun with the game. At the end of the day, that is what is most important and is why we play games in the first place. My overall enjoyment of the game is high. I love playing co-op games and have had an absolute blast. If you play this game and had zero fun, then score it poorly. If you have fun, give it a high score! I think if you take this game as it stands alone, its a fun and solid third person shooter and I feel like my experience with it justifies an 8 out of 10.
  42. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was heThis is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was he doing there? If the president was zombified, how has that happened? Hasn't he got bodyguards? Leon was there right? Why isn't he a zombie? Chris's scenery has too much action, and not even the good one. Only positive things is the graphic/atmosphere (especially in Leon's campaign) and maybe some of the online modes... Why can't they just follow RE: Revelations path? That was the good way :( Expand
  43. Oct 4, 2012
    The one redeeming quality... was that this came with Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica. This was absolutely terrible, and other than the character names, really had nothing to do with the Resident Evil franchise.
  44. Oct 4, 2012
    First - few words to site admins. Scoring scale should be from 1 to 10, not 0. Why? The answer is simple - mathematics! With 72 positive reviews and 69 negatives, user score is close to 0,7. Totally bullsh*t. Second - don't read the "zero morons" comments. They didn't see the whole game. It isn't classic Resident Evil, but have you tried playing the first or second RE today? It'sFirst - few words to site admins. Scoring scale should be from 1 to 10, not 0. Why? The answer is simple - mathematics! With 72 positive reviews and 69 negatives, user score is close to 0,7. Totally bullsh*t. Second - don't read the "zero morons" comments. They didn't see the whole game. It isn't classic Resident Evil, but have you tried playing the first or second RE today? It's impossible. RE6 is smooth, modern, full of action and classic zombie bullsh*t, but is a very good game. Far better than RE5. So hersheygames (you're first on the list) - you're not so smart ! Try to create games like RE6, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect 3 or Modern Warfare 3 by yourself. You can't? Dragon's Dogma is bad, because you're Dark Souls fanboy! So btch please! Expand
  45. Oct 4, 2012
    I agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for cryingI agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for crying out loud. We have a great zombie game to play. Shut up and play it. Or don't. Just stop complaining. 9 out of 10. Suck it fanboy. Expand
  46. Oct 5, 2012
    People on here are dicks. Amazing controls and a great counter system. It's like Gears of War meets Assassin's Creed. Still haven't beat it, but that is because it has 4 completely different, very long campaigns on them. A great game but if you're not familiar with the Resident Evil storyline, you will be lost in the story. As always, Resident Evil delivers again.
  47. Oct 5, 2012
    the best resident evil ever,and ive played them all,ok its not perfect,but what game is?.the funny thing is that ive noticed is that a lot of the the 0 out of 10 scores were given by people on the day the game came out? funny that? u cant tell me they played the whole game all the way through in one day,if they did they must of enjoyed it to complete it in one day?
  48. Oct 5, 2012
    I'll begin my saying yes I am a diehard fan, and yes I am overall disappointed with this game as I felt Capcom should stop trying to attract the attention of the 3rd person shooter market where it has stiff competition with the likes of Gears of War and to be honest, it isnt going to better them. Instead it should be staying true to real fans of the series who are the reason it is such aI'll begin my saying yes I am a diehard fan, and yes I am overall disappointed with this game as I felt Capcom should stop trying to attract the attention of the 3rd person shooter market where it has stiff competition with the likes of Gears of War and to be honest, it isnt going to better them. Instead it should be staying true to real fans of the series who are the reason it is such a successful franchise. That being said I think this game is getting a very undeserved bad rap. On the whole, this game isnt bad. I was so worried after playing the demo that I almost didnt buy the game, but perhaps it was because of such low expectations that I found myself pleasantly surprised when I launched Leon's campaign. While technically not horror, this is as close as we have been for some time. Locations are dark, atmospheric and dank. Lighting is used to excellent effect, especially at one point when you find yourself in an underground tube station. Also the primary enemy here is zombies, and lots of them. I thought after playing the demo that melee combat was cheesy but Ive actually grown fond of it. Some of the finishing moves you can use to down zombies are especially satisfying, particularly one involving a broken glass bottle.

Granted as many people have said, the game is filled with annoying QTE's, awkward camera shifts and moment of just pure stupidity when the game decides that unless you are psychic, you are going to die. These marr the game somewhat, but I have been able to overlook them for the most part. The story crossovers, although having only seen one involving Sherry and Leon, are interesting to say the least, and it was particularly nostalgic to witness the chemistry between the two carrying over from RE2.

As I havent played any of the other scenarios, and considering what I have read about Chris', I dont really want to, I wont talk any further. Other than to say this game is nowhere near as bad people make out, but also not what i hoped it would be.

On another note, Nichtswisser is a total idiot. He mentions that this game is a poor mans CoD but if he had played CoD2 or 4 he would know that today's CoD is itself a poor man's CoD....or an uneducated mans Battlefield. He also states that this game steals ideas from RE6...but you only have to go back to 2006 when the original GoW borrowed heavily from the fantastic RE4, and I use the term borrowed not stolen because the developers at Epic even acknowledged RE4 as a huge inspiration for their game. Also, how many metaphors does a review need?

I will finish saying only this: BRING CLARE REDFIELD BACK FFS!
  49. Oct 5, 2012
    This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different.This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different. RE6 is like playing through an action packed zombie movie and I really dig the high production value. There are still many classic elements in the game that make it really feel like Resident Evil. I love it! Expand
  50. Oct 5, 2012
    Another fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in theAnother fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in the past. The only positives I can mention are that the game actually boots when you put it in your system, and that the co-op isn't a complete lag fest. Expand
  51. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is by far perfect, but it's not terrible. I've been reading all of these 0 reviews, and it's really hilarious how most of them are just near copy-paste of the same rage over....adaption? Resident Evil came out in 1996 and it put a new aspect on Survival Horror, and everyone loved it or didn't care for it. Games kept coming out and Capcom kept a similar theme in it...untilResident Evil 6 is by far perfect, but it's not terrible. I've been reading all of these 0 reviews, and it's really hilarious how most of them are just near copy-paste of the same rage over....adaption? Resident Evil came out in 1996 and it put a new aspect on Survival Horror, and everyone loved it or didn't care for it. Games kept coming out and Capcom kept a similar theme in it...until pretty much Resident Evil 4. It's praised as one of the best RE games in the franchise, yet...wasn't it more action heavy than its predecessors? Sure, it still kept a strong grasp on survival horror, but it was way more action than people thought, and people loved it. RE5 was obviously pulling towards action and of course introduced co-op, and to be honest, I loved it. I loved being able to team up with a friend in the game. I didn't care about the scare factor, I never do. I care more about the gameplay, and it was fine. Now comes RE6 and everyone's flipping their **** over what was pretty much in RE5 but expanded, PLUS trying to add back what was in the previous Resident Evil games. Leon's story is a call-back to the roots of Resident Evil and I love that. Sure, Chris's story feels kind of like Call of Duty, and I really disagree with that decision, but at least it isn't mundane like Call of Duty. Jake's story feels like they tried to combine RE4 and 5, and I felt like it worked. The co-op works perfectly fine. The gameplay is fine.

My ONLY problem is how the casualised it, mainly through the inventory system. They decided to create 2 separate inventories; 1 for your weapons and 1 for...well everything else. This makes the inventory a lot bigger than it's ever been, and I just don't like that. I mean sure I don't have to try and fumble around with trying to place 2 weapons, four boxes of ammo, and some HP items in a small inventory anymore, but that's something I liked. I loved having to make that decision of what I could and couldn't carry. Now...I can practically carry anything. The whole health tabs thing also bothers me, because once you get an herb/2 herbs/R+G herbs, you just turn those into tablets and...well that's just more inventory space. I don't like the idea of dumbing it down, but it had to happen.

Capcom has to adapt to the changing market and the market today is casual based. You can't tell me you expected Capcom to keep the same formula for 16 years right? You have to change in a market like this. If you don't like it, well then too bad. Unfortunately, if Capcom's newest addition to the Resident Evil franchise is going to get bombed into the ground this hard, who knows what the future for the Resident Evil franchise will go. Either Capcom will change it even more and piss everyone off or do the worst thing: cancel the series. It's sad to even think of that happening, but if the so-called fans are going to flip their **** out over something that's been extremely prevalent in its past couple of games, then the franchise is going somewhere I don't want to see.
  52. Oct 6, 2012
    Olviden que este título nos trae el terror, horror, puzzles y muchas otras cosas que prometió Capcom para esta entrega. Resident Evil 6 sigue el camino que Mikami arrojó en RE4, pero con una ejecución que deja mucho que desear.

Ahora solo corremos por un pasillo con puntos de auto-guardado, 0 exploración, con puzzles simplones, que solo están puestos en el juego para poder llevar el nombre de Resident Evil y recordarnos que alguna vez esta serie nos dejó pegados durante días frente al televisor, tratando de pasar por un lugar.

Un juego que, si no hubiese sido por la opción de jugar en cooperativo, seguramente hubiese mandado de inmediato al carajo, en serio
  53. Oct 6, 2012
    Where to start!?
    This is one of the worst game I have ever played!
    I'm a big RE fan and have played all RE games. All the aspects are so bad! I have finished Leon and almost Chris.
    Don't buy this game, specially if You are a RE fan.
  54. Oct 7, 2012
    More joystick waggle than a loose wrist with a Wiimote. I was surprised that the final boss wasn't the in-game camera, but maybe they're saving that for the next lackluster sequel.
  55. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Complete rubbish and 30+ plus hours I'lll never get back, resident evil 6 it a testament to NOT what to do when making video games regardless of genre or pedigree. Clunky controls and more quick time events than human beings on this earth, the convoluted story and broken gameplay mechanics make 2006's Sonic the hedgehog look like sega knew what they were actually doing. This title my friends represents the DOWNFALL of the gaming industry and any quality associated with it. Positives would be you could burn this disc in a pile for heat during those cold winter months. Expand
  56. Oct 7, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight, this game is not perfect, but it is DAMN good. Real quick, why don't we go back to Res 5. It got great reviews, people praised the co-op and visual style as well as the action, though the one thing people wanted more of was diversity. A different atmosphere, different characters, more story arch, something. Capcom listened. They took the excellent gameplayLet's get one thing straight, this game is not perfect, but it is DAMN good. Real quick, why don't we go back to Res 5. It got great reviews, people praised the co-op and visual style as well as the action, though the one thing people wanted more of was diversity. A different atmosphere, different characters, more story arch, something. Capcom listened. They took the excellent gameplay people loved from 4, 5 and Revelations and added a metric **** ton of content to it. Four full campaigns each of which drawing from a different Res game for inspiration, more guns, more characters including beloved returning favorites, varied mission structure, etc. On top of this they added the ability to move and shoot (from Revelations) and to dodge while shooting, a huge improvement from 5. So why all the hate? People consider 4 one of the greatest games ever conceived, loved 5 for its high octane co-op experience and loved Revelations for the new setting and the return of Jill. Res 6 is more of what those games offered, much more in fact. Twice as long with a slew of unlockables (and tons of replay value despite what the liars on here say), amazing visuals and all the action from previous titles. So why all the hate? I'll tell you why. Mass Effect 3. What? What does that have to do with it? Everything. You see since the community **** and cried and whined enough to get the endings to Mass Effect 3 altered, now they think they can **** and whine on every game until Capcom does what they want. Not going to happen. You see that only works when you're not hypocrites. Seriously, pull up the reviews. Res 4- 96 and 9.6.. Res 5- 83 and 7.5.. Res: Rev- 82 and 8.5. See, you can't love a style of gameplay and then bash it later on. The gameplay HAS NOT CHANGED (aside from control enhancements) since 2005. If anything people should be complaining that it's still the same (the same that they loved by the way) and hasn't changed, not that it's become something different, because it hasn't and honestly, if you don't like the gameplay, you have yourself to blame for loving three games in a row and showing Capcom that this is the style you want. Like I said... Hypocrites. The game has its faults, the camera can shift to forced perspective (something those of us that loved Res back in the ps1 heyday remember being a pain in the ass), the difficulty is a little uneven, the A.I. partner has a bit of ADD and the game relies a lot on QTE. These faults stop it from being perfect, but I have yet play a single perfect game in my 27 years. Is it scary? No, but these games have never been scary. They all provide the occasional jump scare with some tense action/chase scenes, like OH NO JILL, A GIANT SNAKE AND YOU HAVE NO ACID ROUNDS!! or HOLY **** LEON GET BACK IN THE DAMN BOAT!! These moments are what define the franchise, and Res 6 has these in spades. Buy with confidence, ignore the hate from false fans and whiners. Expand
  57. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is pretty good! I give it a 10 because its got me hooked. It's fun. Faster paced than the previous Resident evils ( it lets you shoot while walking!). Action is cinematic with a Michael bay flair. I want to play this game and see all the story lines. I think capcom is trying to give us something more exciting to maybe satisfy the "call of duty" fans and try to bring newResident evil 6 is pretty good! I give it a 10 because its got me hooked. It's fun. Faster paced than the previous Resident evils ( it lets you shoot while walking!). Action is cinematic with a Michael bay flair. I want to play this game and see all the story lines. I think capcom is trying to give us something more exciting to maybe satisfy the "call of duty" fans and try to bring new fans. Instead they pissed everybody off! People perhaps still want re1,2,or3? Re4 was good at the time it came out. Re5 felt like more of the same. Re6 in my opinion is good because it offers me something more streamlined. I don't really have time any more to search through mazes and puzzles. There's really not that many QTE like everyone is saying. It's only in the beginning, just trying to grab your attention. Not challenging? I guess try it on the hardest setting. More puzzles ? Try Ada's quest. You can play this game any way you want. Slow and search every corner or run and gun. Not scary enough? Jeez, whats scary now a days? people are filming accident scenes with their cell phones and putting videos on the internet with people getting decapitated! that's scary! Go watch those videos, nothing will scare you then. Give some slack to Capcom. Re6 is loads of fun and my kids like watching and even playing it too. I think people are too hard on this game. Don't believe the 0 ratings. These guys may have only played the first chapter and that's it probably. What did people expect from RE in this day and age where shooters are king and multiplayer has become the number one priority over single player mode. Give capcom more credit, there's some fun things in here: big action, co op team play, agent hunt mode shenanigans and hot babes with cleavage! I'm having a great time! I thought I wasn't going to like this game because I didn't care too much for re5, but I was pleasantly surprised. Expand
  58. Oct 7, 2012
    I'm begging you. Just give me a true sequel to Resident Evil 4 (one of my favorite games ever).

A resident evil game will always be compared against the pinical of the franchise. With a bar set so high, is Capcom too intimidated to make another game truly in the same genre? Why else would their games continually stray further from what their fans want?
  59. Oct 7, 2012
    I was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. ThisI was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. This just ends up being a disaster. I found a lot in Chris' campaign that I'd be faced with a ton of enemies, but ammo would be far too scarce for an action game.
    The story was heading in the right direction, but the endings left me dissatisfied. Overall the game was filled with problems: repetitive boss fights, low ammo, too many QTEs, and a few ridiculous story scenes. But that doesn't mean it isn't totally worth passing by. My recommendation: if you liked RE 4 and/or 5, play through the story with infinite ammo on, and just have some mindless fun and see the story, then finish up with some mercenaries. Otherwise, if you we're hoping for a survival horror game, just pass it by, and hope that Capcom learns from its mistakes.
  60. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can get over the gameplay changes throughout the series, even the n00b level of playing that it has become... but the one thing i cannot stand is ruining to Canon storyline. C-virus? really? magically creating everything that all the old virus's and parasites used to make? i mean seriously running through the game with Leon, only encountering Zombies. Somehow Chris and Jake never encounter a single Zombie in the same city, and only encounter J'avo (seriously c-virus made these? hmm well guess las plagas just went extinct didnt they?). This newest game completely destroys the Resident Evil story just like those crappy movies they keep making. Don't forget capcom you can re-use the T-virus, G-virus, T+G virus, the T-leeches, T-veronica virus, Weskers Virus, Progenitor Virus, T-abyss virus, and oh i dunno the 5 or 6 parasite species you introduced. When you actually look at all 7 character playthroughs. the story is short, very short, so i guess it makes sense that they were lazy and decided to make a game with Zombies and J'avo's (poor rip offs of your own mijini's and los ganados) being created with the C-virus. Oh wait i just remembered the ripoffs of left 4 dead monsters as the zombies mutations. In my opinion the games are getting lazier and lazier in their storytelling. It used to be puzzles and special items to defeat unique bosses. And if you didnt have a special poison for a plant mutation of something, you got the "you are dead" screen, until you actually figured out what to do. This whole holding your hand throughout the game, and dropping the entire story without doing any sort of special digging. Go back to survival horror capcom, and try to actually incorporate any newer releases with your classic survival horror feel. Not saying go back completely, just try to evolve the old feelings of the games into a modern game. Not turning into a shoot, smash, grab, and run game. Expand
  61. Oct 7, 2012
    Okay, What the hell happened right?
    Well first lets set somethings straight , the 0 is a protest vote I would actually give the game a rating of somewhere between 4-5 because it is a functional piece of software in the same way that if in a restaurant I was served a rotten , worm infested fish it is still technically edible and therefore "food" but I digress
    I am a longtime resident evil
    Okay, What the hell happened right?
    I am a longtime resident evil fan..played 1-3 CV 4 5 And 6.. I thought 4 was a masterpiece and loved every second of it and was a sublime blend of action and horror, 5 diluted the horror but was still a good game.. But..what the hell happened in 6?
    Its is shockingly bad..the story builds up well until the grand mystery is revealed and then..well its not even a story..It is literally " I am bad guy..rawr..i must destroy world" Lean and co: " No! we will stop you" bam there you go the entire resi 6 plot..just add in a few thousand explosions( I mean literally omg i dont think you go 1 minute in this game without an explosion you just become null to all the action after the first 30mins ).
    The shooting feels totally off ,the guns have no impact and aren't very fun to shoot. The inventory system has been totally retarded , absolutely NO gun upgrading...zombies / javo are too fast which means you have no time to line up head shots and conserve ammo, so you end up just mashing melee which is boring as hell..
    Graphics are just crap...awesome in some places but only those that were in demo footage before..all the filler areas have ps2 level textures...Boss fights suck, same guy,same boss fight..exact actual same in each campaign.
    On a plus note the voice acting and cutscenes are all amazingly well made..very impressive and kudos to whatever department was in charge of making them.. However the gameplay is just...just boring..some of the set pieces are alright..some are bland others annoying..but never ever anywhere approachable to good.
    And the last thing i must mention.. Quick time events...holy christ.. It feels like this game has more qtes than heavy rain..its insane..and there all poorly done..they dont relate to what your character is doing well so it mostly feels like " press a to continue with this cut scene "..this game may have literally killed qte's forever
    I'm really interested to see who directed this game as I cannot believe it is the same people who made the 4/5..The fact stands that as a resident evil game..with that sort of heritage it is abysmal..but even by the standards of games today it is Horrific..comparable to duke nukem forever.. the only saving grace are the cut scene's quality.. which are mostly shown in all the trailers and why I believe alot of people will be tricked into buying this crap...the actual game itself though is just terrible.
    I have no faith in the creators ability to save this series either..If something this bad could get through capcoms quality control then I will be very cautious before I buy another resi title or even capcom title
  62. Oct 7, 2012
    It feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad butIt feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad but if your playing with two people then if the second player wants to change their perks they must go through it. Then if you want to change your perks the first player must sign out and then have the second player go through the menus, then sign back in. It also sucks that there is only one mutiplayer map and if you want to play the others you must beat 2 campaigns, thats like 10 hours just to unlock a new map. There are so many other things which just suck, when your split screen friend dies you must watch them fall to the ground on your screen and cant see what your player is doing. The bosses have weak points but good luck trying to find them without looking it up online or dying. The game gives absolutely no back story, I have no idea whats going on, and the more I play the less I care. The settings and enemies are just so ridiculous and boring (shark, dinosaur, snake, fly). The cover system is pathetic, and has absolutely no use.

The mercenaries mode is really fun tho.
  63. Oct 8, 2012
    Alright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functionalAlright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functional game, completely playable and enjoyable by many who can be mislead by the ridiculous average user score this game is getting.
    RE 4 was also severely criticized and widely lampooned and with time it has come to be one of the most praised chapters in the franchise because it took years to the herd of narrow-minded nerds out there to realize that the mechanics of the game had changed. I just wonder if the new moves system and the new melee attack system aren't just a new change an that when we get to grips with it we will be having as much fun as we did with RE 4. With such narrow-minded bigots It may take years.
  64. Oct 8, 2012
    I have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you haveI have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you have already played most of this in the beginning of the game, or until you realize that you are fighting the same guy over and over. I don't care if it's Capcom or anyone else, I really don't care who puts what out there and calls it a game, but if it's a piece of ****, then I am going to call it a piece of ****. Read the highest reviews and they even agree that it's nowhere near a 10 but they feel they have to give it a high rating to make up for all the low scores. Really, what is the point of rating something if you feel that you have defend it for the poor product it really is? I have always been the type of person who if it smells like ****, looks likes ****, then it must be ****., and this game is ****. Don't post if you haven't even played the game and especially if you have to give it a higher rating than you really feel it deserves. The reviews DONT LIE, over 2,600 negative reviews to 260 positive, are you seriously trying to say that 10 times the people have got it wrong and you are right? I'm not a hater of RE6, but when you produce something this bad and charge people $65 dollars, I feel they should know what they aren't getting for their money. $15 would be a fair price for what you get with this game. Capcom may have spent countless amounts promoting this game, but I think that you will see sales dwindle and people actually telling the game world that we want more and not some troll of a game. Expand
  65. Oct 8, 2012
    This has to be the worst Resident Evil ever released in the canon. See I don't really care that all the magic and horror is gone, I could enjoy a decent third person shooter. However, this game is so blatantly generic and bad it's impossible to like it. The game deserves a 0 because it's more frustrating than fun. Basically the QTEs is what's ruining it.
  66. Oct 8, 2012
    Very good game but I have to admit that Resident Evil has switched from survival-horror to action-adventure in 95%, which is with what most of the true Resident Evil fans are angry, including me, but the game leaving aside minor flaws, it's very good.
  67. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE 6 really sucks, i mean this game that they call RE 6 is awfull. Capcom didnt have the balls to change the name of the game cuz they have no criativity at all. I am very disapointed. I was expecting the game of the year, but instead i got the worse RE game ever. The game is a movie. Just a lot of bullshi* with some good old fashioned zombies. And by the way, what da fuc* is that when you kill a zombie and it just evaporates or just go undergound. WHAAAT?? The game have good controls and mechanics thou, but its suckness overcomes the good stuff about the game. DONT BUY IT! Expand
  68. Oct 8, 2012
    To all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as aTo all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as a true old school RE fan enjoyed playing this game from start to finish. the only thing that maybe was a bit of was the camera view at some points and that was it. all in all I would give this game a 7.8 out of 10 but because of all the blind people I'm forced to give it a 10. Expand
  69. Oct 8, 2012
    God this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designedGod this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designed years ago. The story and game play is bland and boring and and all blurs into on another. You just want it to end. The game can be played on cruise control. Not a satisfactory ending either. O the zombies magically dissolve into the ground too ........ and humans transform into T rex, scorpions and transform back again. If I want to play transformers I will buy that game. This game tries to be everything to everyone and trust me, it falls far short in all areas. Horror, shooting, action, story, graphics. game play, all well below acceptable standards. They only have the main characters back to fool people into trying to invest in their stories. The c virus is laughable with what it does.

I wish I had spent my money on something else. Please anyone who reads this wait for a massive price drop and a apology from Capcom for making you go through the torture of playing it. You fooled me this time Capcom, let's see will you fool me into buying res evil 7 early next time. Answer is no.
  70. Oct 9, 2012
    (-1)Skill points are my only concern in this title. Its a broke ass joke. 1st day the game was out people where modding there skill points. The first freaking day. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! C'mon if you need to mod a game just to beat it, you people are a sad lot. And for the Idiots who gave this game a crap score, because it wasn't a true survival horror game, go play amnesia. The(-1)Skill points are my only concern in this title. Its a broke ass joke. 1st day the game was out people where modding there skill points. The first freaking day. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! C'mon if you need to mod a game just to beat it, you people are a sad lot. And for the Idiots who gave this game a crap score, because it wasn't a true survival horror game, go play amnesia. The genre itself is a dying breed. Survival horror games now are too predictable. so 'what did capcom do'? you may ask. The evolved there game to what it needed to be. Action. and lots of it. 'You want it to be the way it was'... How about NO. if you want those kind of games you should have kept the original games and play em to the point of boredom. The Title took three years to make. Capcom itself asked fellow gamers what it needed and this is what they got. a great game. true that the game itself was a little short, and could have been two discs. But it isn't the last. There are more RE titles coming. Now for the (+) about his game. The voice work for the game was phenomenal. You felt emotion unlike there previous titles 2,3,and 4. The SCORE or soundtrack was pretty good. The visuals were spectacular. Zombies have evolved. didn't care too much for the J'avo C-Virus mess with Chris and Piers. All in all the games campaigns were solid. Co-Op is the new thing. But play with a friend, Not some idiot that just joined your game. And finally the Story was gripping. That's it for me. Expand
  71. Oct 9, 2012
    A decent but also flawed game. For what you get, well worth the money and way better than ORC for sure. I plan on playing this one for quite a while.
  72. Oct 9, 2012
    Trying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoyTrying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoy playing the game. I hope similar gameplay is available in the future games, but the campaigns need work, no more short campaigns could've made the game much better. I haven't played online, but the single player campaign gives you a lot of game play (20 hours). I understand the low user rating because this game is a slight disappointment, but RE and shooter fans will enjoy the game. Hopefully capcom stays away from the short campaigns in the future. Leon's campaign is the best so please give the game a chance and see what you think Expand
  73. Oct 9, 2012
    Capcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just druggedCapcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just drugged up whores that are bruised and pushed by their pimps. That is what happens when the money starts to hurt. Japan's Capcom has turned it's beautiful flowers into drug pushing street hookers that have turned ugly. You can still make good creations when money is tight. I remember I was in a japanese museum that had an artistic box created out of rope and red wax by a prisoner for 20 years and it was beautiful. It just takes care, not money. RE6 is just careless. It was such a traumatizing experience that I was careless at work and ended up losing my job last week. I was so distraught that my favorite series has turned so bad that I lost my job... The game has nothing that makes sense. The whole game feels very uncomfortable, from the lighting to the artwork, to the sounds, to every choice of the game. It is a very disjointed game. And I am glad I rented it for $2 at redbox as opposed to actually buying my pre-ordered copy at gamestop. Expand
  74. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time eventsI just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time events to annoyingly escape from the zombie and boss grapple holds and the long-winded and repetitive boss fights towards the end of each campaign chapter. Finally, my last complaint is that Capcom once again stupidly reduced the split screen size similar to lost planet 2 splitscreen which makes the screen split too small to enjoy playing. Negatives aside, I personally enjoyed playing this game so far and found there were genuine horror- tension during the gameplay particularly during Leon's campaign and yes even in Chris's campaign when his squad wad slowly dying gruesomely around him. Overall, this game is one of the better action games released this year
    I do understand that this game has deviated significantly from its survival horror roots since I did play resident evil 1 and 4. So i will not strongly recommend this game to the series's fans. However, for those who are interested in the action genre mixed with diluted survival horror I suggest you should try this game out.
  75. Oct 10, 2012
    Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!
  76. Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah ok, we all got it: it's not the Resident Evil that we came to appreciate and love back in the 90s. I'd like the thinking people to get over the QQ of all the fanboys and actually give this game a try.
    Mind you, it's not the best game ever made, much less the best Resident Evil ever made: the controls take a while to get used to, especially if you still have your brain set on RE4-5, but it gets better after playing a bit. The whole story and atmosphere has moved from the horror genre to a more action packed game style, which is not really a problem, as the feel of your typical RE is still there. Everything is faster, easier, more on par with today's shooters (yes, you can finally STRAFE AND DODGE). If the AI partner in RE5 made you want to pull your own eyes out, this time the bot controlled partner is there but not really there: doesn't get in the way, has his/her own ammo, doesn't require healing, doesn't spam his/her healings on you, and is actually very helpful instead of being a pure pain in the butt.

Now, the bad sides of the game: the main menu is poor in design and really not intuitive. Playing a local co-op can be a very frustrating experience, both because it takes a while to figure out how to actually do it, and also because the local split-screen is a complete mess. To keep the aspect ratio, you're forced to play in two tiny little windows with tons of blank space on the sides and there's no way to fix it. You're given the opportunity to play with unlimited ammo on the get-go, and while it's completely optional, it made me think "Kids these days want everything handed over to them". There is a cover system in the game, like leaning on a wall and peeking out to shoot, but it's extremely sloppy and unresponsive: most of the times it doesn't work or it isn't necessary, since the zombies with a form of ranged attack are few in between. I'm guessing it'll be more useful if there's any form of player versus player, but considering how hard it is to make your character stick to a wall, I doubt this feature will be of any use.

Cutting the crap: I give this game a 7. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I enjoy the characters, the skill system, the general feel of the game, the action. Don't listen to the people QQing and give it a try. All in all, it's a solid game.
  77. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  78. Oct 11, 2012
    Esto no es un Resident Evil, es una mezcla mala de Call of Duty y Gears of war. La an cagado mucho con este juego, yo no lo voy a comprar por que no lo merece.
  79. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 : The 3 Main Campaigns Jake/Sherry

This campaign is the shorter of the 3, I think I clocked in about 6 hours until I was finished with it. Some of you may remember Sherry from resident evil 2, she was the little girl that Claire and Leon save from all the chaos. Jake on the other hand is a completely brand new character. He is the son of Albert Wesker, which I
  80. Oct 13, 2012
    Really liked it and don't see what all the moaning is about. Leon's campaign was excellent and sort of felt like the old resi games with zombies (real ones) making a much welcome return and tbh if this was the only campaign of the game I would of felt like I got my money's worth. The other 3 character campaigns don't compare to Leon's IMO but their still very much enjoyable. The one thingReally liked it and don't see what all the moaning is about. Leon's campaign was excellent and sort of felt like the old resi games with zombies (real ones) making a much welcome return and tbh if this was the only campaign of the game I would of felt like I got my money's worth. The other 3 character campaigns don't compare to Leon's IMO but their still very much enjoyable. The one thing that really annoyed me was the quick time event stuff, that got boring real fast and my thumb is still aching from the button bashing but other than that I'm glad I got it. Expand
  81. Oct 26, 2012
    Well, I have played the Leon and Jake campaigns and I am working on the Chris campaign at the moment. The Leon campaign, as many have said previously, is the best of the bunch. Granted I have not played the entire Chris campaign nor the Ada campaign but I base my opinion on my experience so far. The game is an okay TPS. There are WAY too many QTE's for any game. I like the ability toWell, I have played the Leon and Jake campaigns and I am working on the Chris campaign at the moment. The Leon campaign, as many have said previously, is the best of the bunch. Granted I have not played the entire Chris campaign nor the Ada campaign but I base my opinion on my experience so far. The game is an okay TPS. There are WAY too many QTE's for any game. I like the ability to move and shoot although this mechanic could be better, it still feels a little clunky. As a survival horror game this game fails utterly. Though since I don't think the designers really intended this to be survival horror I feel that assesing the game as a survival horror game isn't fair. Would I like it to be survival horror? Yes. I would like Capcom to "go back to basics" in terms of the genre and come up with a RE that harkens back to days of yore with the new move and shoot mechanics (a bit more polished though). I believe Capcom has stated there is no money in Survival Horror hence the switch to action with elements of horror. Based on the multiple reviews here I think they are wrong. It's my opinion so take it as you will.

I knew coming in this would not be the RE of years ago. I bought it for the continuation of the story. I rate it a 5/10 for that.
  82. Oct 28, 2012
    I will go ahead and admit that I only got about 20-30 minutes in before shutting it off. That being said, here are my opinions:
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics - Great Audio Cons: - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game; - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes; - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics
    - Great Audio
    Cons:
    - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game;
    - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes;
    - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one point there's a video just so one character can say "something's not right");
    - Even when you have the controls, it's not great: at the beginning you have to walk down a hallway; I wanted to look around (just because, you know, I'm playing a new game and wanna check it out) but no matter what direction I pointed the control, the character walked forward;
    - When the actual *game* begins, your character only walks - very slowly; once you're capable of running, the character randomly slows back to a walk, then back to running, then back to the very slow walking;
    - At one point the character has to chase a person in a ballroom, but the game creates a frustrating illusion of difficulty by putting chairs in the way, which you can't jump over - that's not difficulty, that's just inflating the amount of time it takes to get to the other side of the room;
    - There's a second character that comes with you, which is probably a great idea for co-op, but I don't understand why I need to babysit a random person during a single player game; does my character really need a 100 lb girl to help him open doors? (Literally, as some doors don't have the normal "Press 'A' to open" prompt, but a "Press 'B' to open the doors together" prompt...really, is that what 'variety' means to the developers?)
  83. Oct 30, 2012
    This game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of theThis game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of the resident evil series let alone have a clue as to what makes a game enjoyable. Fancy graphics and pretty cinematics don't make a game good, the gameplay is atrocious. I thought they would have fixed all the mistakes of resident evil five with this release but they made the same mistakes and many more don't buy this game, and if you have email capcom and demand a refund. We cant let these companies take our money with no repercussions . These are the games major flaws.
    -bad controls
    -horrible camera
    -**** partner ai
    - enemies have infinite ammo yet ammo is scarce for the player
    -cut scenes interrupt gameplay also QTEs suck
    -cant save when you want making you have to replay areas and watch the same cut scenes
    -enemies can take entire clips and don't go down yet a couple kicks kill them everytime
    - cant run while using the navigator
    -to dark
    -horrible cover system ( come on capcom gears and uncharted have this system mastered what gives?)

Overall this game is a **** gears of war clone and sadly it will still sell because the same idiots that buy call of duty every year will buy this garbage, and the fans already bought it and feel like rape victims now.
  84. Nov 1, 2012
    This game has been highly under rated and I find myself wondering why? I waited to finish the game before I write this so i would have a full understanding of it I must say I love the game... I believe it way out does RE 5 by a mile. They've brought back many things from the old games, like horror and zombies that people wanted back from number 5 also multi campaigns. The only reason IThis game has been highly under rated and I find myself wondering why? I waited to finish the game before I write this so i would have a full understanding of it I must say I love the game... I believe it way out does RE 5 by a mile. They've brought back many things from the old games, like horror and zombies that people wanted back from number 5 also multi campaigns. The only reason I rate this game a 9 out 10 is simply for the fact that I find cut-scene's that involve pressing buttons annoying, however others may like it i just don't. However I hope that negative ratings don't effect any future games planned. Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2012
    Good step up from Resident Evil 5, you can actually move and shoot, but to me it still felt a lot like RE5, i guess people really weren't ready for a faster paced Resident Evil, but I've played everyone and thought this was a great addition to the series.
  86. Nov 24, 2012
    I have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action actionI have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action action action nonstop. The game actually makes me lose time and place and the phrase for that my friends is Total Immersion. If you don't like the quicktime events just play it on Amateur setting. Remember the word "easy" in Japanese translates to english as "Hard". But seriously, I love this game and will play it many times over and again. At the end of Chris' campaign I felt an odd emotion of regret over his partner's situation. Haven't felt like that in a while and haven't given a game a 10 since the first Turok game in the mid-90's. Buy it and enjoy. Expand
  87. Nov 25, 2012
    De bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay etDe bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay et le bestiaire sont les seule gros point fort du jeux. La campagne de Léon est à mourir d'ennuie durant les deux premières et dernières heures, les autre campagne sont totalement inutile. Si Capcom avait fait un Resident Evil ou l'on aurait seulement la campagne de Léo et 10 heures de jeux, personne n'aurait rien dit et la qualité serait présente largement car c'est bien plus facile de ce concentré sur 10 heures de jeux plutôt que 30 heures de jeux qui ne se répète pas et ou tout est cohérents. Bref, un jeux qui m'a beaucoup dessus et pourtant je n'en attendais pas forcément beaucoup mais ont fait avec se que l'on as et j'attend un futur Resident Evil pour la prochaine génération pour voir si Capcom peut redresser la barre bien basse de ces dix dernière années. Expand
  88. Dec 10, 2012
    The 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having aThe 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having a blast. So I admit i can't give an opinion on the single player and honestly I don't think i would want to do it. There is still some aspect of ammo conservation if you're playing on professional since the zombies don't always go down that easily. It also does create that feel of desperation if you're being swarmed by zombies and the feeling of teamwork when you have to help your partner when he/she gets caught. QTE I feel is more a matter of preference and i like it but many don't. QTE isn't all that prevalent in the game though since it's usually focused around bosses. In terms of controls and gameplay i don't see what everyone is making a big deal about. I manage to play the game just fine. My biggest gripe with the gameplay is the cutscenes are placed in very annoying spots. If their are zombies nearby and you enter a cutscene next thing you know they're right next to you. Graphics are average and a little good at best. I just wish people would rate the game on its merit and not simply as a comparison to what it was before. It's not a perfect game and it's definitely not what it was but it is not what many fans of the series make it out to be. Play a demo at least give it a chance to see if you enjoy it although i would advise you to bring a friend. Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2012
    Ein gutes action Spiel, aber ein schlechtes Resident Evil. Enttäuschender Teil.
    A good action game, but a bad Resident Evil. Disappointing part of the game series.
  90. Dec 16, 2012
    CHEESY PEACE OF CAKE, I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I COULD EVEN EAT A CAKE WITH MY YELLOW TEETH AND CRY... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE GAMES, C*APCOM! GOODLUCK
  91. Jan 25, 2013
    The game is just great! I am very glad that it changed from a slow sadness, to active fun! The game has become more dynamic and lively. I am very pleased that Tsaptsom decided to make changes to the game, as they went to her only benefit! To all fans of zombies, I recommend!
  92. Feb 17, 2013
    Most times, you here as a counter argument: "Resident Evil changed, it isn't what it used to be. Don't compare it with the old parts!" Well, I don't! Resident Evil 6 is a very bad stand alone Game and bored the hell out of me!
  93. Feb 25, 2013
    I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling.I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling. The combo system is also very well thought out. This game was well worth my money and I think capcom did a great job. The only thing I dot like about the game is te different campaigns, I would much rather prefer one whole campaign. Expand
  94. Feb 26, 2013
    I believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i loveI believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i love the way resident evil has evolved and when i play it, im so into the amazing story and i feel like a badass when it comes to the gameplay. ResidentEvil Fan Forever! Expand
  95. Mar 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not the best game in the world, but it also does not deserve the misplaced rage of hurt fanboys. There are three things wrong with it: Cover mechanics, the camera can be a chore, and the story is a bit disjointed. If this game had been made under a new license with completely original characters It would not have garnered do much hate. That being said the number ofResident Evil 6 is not the best game in the world, but it also does not deserve the misplaced rage of hurt fanboys. There are three things wrong with it: Cover mechanics, the camera can be a chore, and the story is a bit disjointed. If this game had been made under a new license with completely original characters It would not have garnered do much hate. That being said the number of characters should have been scaled down so that the story could have been streamlined and made more coherent. The camera, while not a huge problem, is jumpy and nowhere as steady as 4 or 5's. Cover mechanics depend on having a weapon readied. Should you let got of the ready weapon button you pop out of cover. This can become annoying. Everything else is gotten massively right. From voice acting to amount of content and the big budget beautiful graphics. The co-op could require a bit more usage but is tight and practical. Don't believe the naysayers who would rather moan about their hurt feelings than recognize a game that both is worth and deserves attention. Expand
  96. Apr 23, 2013
    Well, this is enough for me, I have been watching (and playing) since resident evil 4 how they turned the franchise into the crappiest of the crappiest and I cant take it anymore. So I will forget about Resident Evil forever.

And to the users that are giving this abortion of a game high notes sayin things like there is a ton of explosions, new zombies and monsters, graphics, and all, you dont have any idea what a game is, let alone a survival horror game.

And this folks is the future of mainstream games, I only trust that initiatives like kickstarter can bring us games like the used to be because if not, I'll give up gaming and start just reading books.
  97. Apr 9, 2013
    If you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use toIf you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use to give yourself some perks and upgradable as well. This is a different step in RE that feels more like the originals becasue you have to find things to survive.

And another thing about survival. Alot of people are saying its not a survival horror game. I beat RE2 in under two hours once I new how to beat the game. So they were never really the peek around corner and walk with your gun drawn kind of game. They were puzzle games in the 90's and there horror/action now, with some puzzles. RE has not left there roots, just follow the story and you will understand. There are no plot holes in any of the games and transitions between games. The story is the reason why your not creeping around a police station or mansion by yourself anymore.
    The situation of bio terror has grown so big that if you didnt have action it wouldnt feel like theres a global threat.

Alot of people bash this game and they are just stupid because if they really have played the other games they would understand why the game play has changed. No one on here even talks about the story and how theres nothing wrong with it. Everyone just wants to put a fat 0 on here and hurt the franchise.

The game is very long the first time through as well so be prepared. Auto save feature alows you to stop at certain points. My only issue with the game is the new inventory screen. There is no pause button so the journey never stops while playing, and due to the scrolling inventory system it makes it hard to put together meds quickly to heal yourself.

Resident Evil 6 blew me away with stunning cutscenes and a few parts made me jump just like in RE2. I am 24 and not a 13 year old writing this so take into account I know what I am talking about. I started playing RE since the begining and have no intensions on stopping. There is a reason my tag is FinalEvil. RE1337RE
  98. Apr 18, 2013
    I will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. TheI will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. The game consists of three campaigns all revolving around the same plot i shan't spoil much for anyone interested in picking this up. The game seems to be trying to cross the original RE4 format with a game like gears of war and it doesn't work the controls are clunky and unresponsive and instead of tension building up and the tension that every enemy could kill you instantly we have full on firefights which shouldn't be happening coming from a survival horror game the enemies are mediocre with the same guys with the same guns all the time you never really feel under threat and the game is incredibly easy even on professional difficulty Despite the game having three campaigns they are all almost identical and by the time i was playing through the third one i was just playing through the same game for a third time. The game has some good moments which remind you that you are playing a resident evil game and not something like gears of war but it isn't worth the asking price i would seriously give this a miss and play through RE4 again it is a far Superior game on all accounts Expand
  99. Jun 3, 2013
    Lost Planet 2 & Rezi 6 are two of the best out there. If you enjoy Co-Op gaming as much as we do then get into System link co-op campaign games. You'll need 2 consoles, two screens and 2 copies of the game to play this thru with a buddy. Or two PC's.

Don't listen to most modern snobby gamers who love to wine & because they think they know what's good or right. They literally have no clue. Grab a friend and play thru this.

Check out 'Co-optimus' for more Lan System link co-op campaign games

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.